The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Error 12

Seph1975
Seph1975
Soul Shriven
I've tried everything. Still getting error 12 do I need a new laptop. It plays everything else. The old republic has no problems. I just want to know if there is a fix or am I just wasting my time. 5 Day early release. Purchased mar. 27. I have only seen the launcher. Furthest I got was play. Then I get error 12. Just want to know if there is anything that can be done besides starting as admin. Updating drivers. Repairing. Re downloading. Put my GeForce as main card. I want to stop wasting my time with this if there isn't a fix. Not asking for a refund or compensation. Just want to play. I'm past angry. Just mellow now. Just want to know if it can be fixed or not.
  • Seph1975
    Seph1975
    Soul Shriven
    I got a reply from customer service once. Then haven't heard from them again at all.
  • DovahkiinKreiger313
    Shittiest customer service ever...looks like they are all more worried about bull**** craglorn and and ''weekly'' spotlights...ugh....I understand that games have there faults, but this is ridiculous, ive never had a problem updating my launcher till now, and can hardly repair or even get in my game anymore...I don't even think it's on my damn computer anymore seeing as I uninstalled hoping to fix this but no..
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to start the game from eso.exe? You need the launcher to update the game so hopefully your launcher has done this? If so try to go around it like a lot of the NVIDIA users do.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

The error 12 is normaly solved by using the Repair option on the launcher.
    Players can repair the files for The Elder Scrolls Online on their computer by following the steps below:
    • First, start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    • Wait for the launcher to finish starting.
    • If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure to have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    • In the middle of the launcher there will be an entry for Game Options next to an icon of a small cog wheel.
    • Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    • Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    • If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

This should allow you to play the game.

You can also check if all the updates are correctly installed :
    - Manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

- If the above step do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online” 
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”

If this does not resolve the error, please contact our Customer Support.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • jimmybachok
    jimmybachok
    Soul Shriven
    I tried repair once. It tries to re-download the whole game again.. Can't they make it like scan through all the files and re-download all the missing files back?

Edited by jimmybachok on August 16, 2014 1:00PM
    Bad Joe, Altmer Magicka Sorcerer Level 50
    Jimméh, Altmer Magicka Templar Level 50
  • GiantBanana
    GiantBanana
    Soul Shriven
    I would'nt bother asking about error 12, even Zenimax appear unable to give any advice at all when it comes to the launcher re-downloading the whole the game.