Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Takes long time for objects/players/npc's to show up on screen ?

• j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Belrim wrote: »

It still seems that the traceroutes get borked after the first hop.

Is it possible that you connect your computer to the web so that it has its own public-ip, bypassing the router NAT? If yes, might be a good idea to run the consultant like that, to see if it makes any difference.

Where in the report are you finding this so I can use it as a reference, also what do you mean by run the consultant?

To open the ports I made my computer have it's own public ip but you lost me with the "consultant".

Again thanks for all the help so far, really honestly don't know how to thank you all for the dedication of help.

• Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭

It still seems that the traceroutes get borked after the first hop.

Is it possible that you connect your computer to the web so that it has its own public-ip, bypassing the router NAT? If yes, might be a good idea to run the consultant like that, to see if it makes any difference.

Where in the report are you finding this so I can use it as a reference, also what do you mean by run the consultant?

To open the ports I made my computer have it's own public ip but you lost me with the "consultant".

Again thanks for all the help so far, really honestly don't know how to thank you all for the dedication of help.

the part that shows traceroute stopping after first hop. The first hop (0) is your own PC, second should be your router, but the trace never gets to it.
    Tracing route to launcher.bethesda.net [54.217.220.152]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
      0  192.168.0.11 
      1     *        *        *

and then the bit that tells your computers and routers IPs:
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.11(Preferred) 
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

192.168.x.x are non-public IP addresses, meaning that your router is using NAT. Wich means that your router is getting a public IP (wich you can see with www.whatismyipaddress.com), and it then assigns IP addys from the 192.168.x.x range to your computer and other devices connected to it.

NAT's can be configured in great many ways, and they can also cause great many different problems. Some routers have have sort-of firewall functionalities attached to the NAT too, that can block certain conenctions.

What kind of internet connection are you using, and whats the make and model of your router? And do you have any other devices handling the connection, like a separate modem?

And by consultant i mean the "game consultant" that gives you the report :)
    Edited by Belrim on April 12, 2014 10:14PM
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

NAT's can be configured in great many ways, and they can also cause great many different problems. Some routers have have sort-of firewall functionalities attached to the NAT too, that can block certain conenctions.

What kind of internet connection are you using, and whats the make and model of your router? And do you have any other devices handling the connection, like a separate modem?

And by consultant i mean the "game consultant" that gives you the report :)

Belrim,

Thanks again for all your info, now I can see what your talking about.

I'm on Shaw Cable (one of Canada's internet providers) Location is West Coast on Vancouver Island and I'm on their "High Speed 10" for internet (http://www.shaw.ca/internet/compare-plans/)
    It would cost me roughly another $10/month to go up to the next tier of internet because I'm on a package deal, cable/internet/two phone lines.

The Router/Modem is a all in one system with WiFi from my provider.

SMC Networks Model: SMC8014WN
    This modem/router or what ever you want to call it dose have some kind of built in firewall as well I believe. *Tried disabling it, ran another report and still misses the first hop*

I did a speed test and I'm getting a 28ping, 12.48mb download, 0.5mb upload
    Edited by j_labbeb16_ESO on April 13, 2014 2:17AM
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Bump
    Edited by j_labbeb16_ESO on April 14, 2014 12:56AM
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get tips on how to run traceroutes and pings on your specific ISP/carrier, you might try looking for the Shaw user forum on dslreports.com. Yes, the site provides support to cable users too. The 'dsl' in dslreports.com is an indication how long the site has been in existence.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Bump

I spoke with my ISP last night, they requested the "report.txt" so I sent it to them and the guy I was speaking to said he would send it onto the higher up see if he could get an answer out of it. I've yet to revive a call back, will call them back today as well.

Also spent a good amount of time on the internet searching for an answer with no luck.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    For whatever reason, I went into Windows 7 power settings and throttle everything to max performance and Nvidia Control panel to performance. This seemed to help my low-level setup. Seem like CPU throttling was going on. FWIW, YMMV
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Called my internet provider again since I haven't heard back from them and the guy I called before didn't put notes on my account about this so it's back to square one with them, this guy I spoke with today said it's weird that I can ping/trace other services with no issues but this happens when I try to ping/trace the Bethesda servers so to them it seems like it's an issue on Zenimax's end.

They how ever took my report.txt so they could look into it and forward the txt to the higher up and now I'm playing the waiting game to hear back from them.

In the end I'm still left here in the dark with out a solution or answer :(
    ZENIMAX where art thee!
    Edited by j_labbeb16_ESO on April 16, 2014 2:40PM
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Called my internet provider again since I haven't heard back from them and the guy I called before didn't put notes on my account about this so it's back to square one with them, this guy I spoke with today said it's weird that I can ping/trace other services with no issues but this happens when I try to ping/trace the Bethesda servers so to them it seems like it's an issue on Zenimax's end.

They how ever took my report.txt so they could look into it and forward the txt to the higher up and now I'm playing the waiting game to hear back from them.

In the end I'm still left here in the dark with out a solution or answer :(
    ZENIMAX where art thee!

My guess is they took a crack at helping us fix it at our end, but considering the wide array of peopel and pcs affected, I would assume they are looking into what they can do at their end...at least I hope they are.
  • lionheartssjcub18_ESO
    I submitted a help ticket about this again and here is the response I got...
    Objects and NPCs loading slowly in game can be resolved by making the following change in the UserSettings.txt file.

Go to the "My Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online/Live" folder.
    Check to see if there is a file called "UserSettings.txt."
    Open UserSettings.txt in NotePad.
    Locate the line SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "X"
    If this line does not exist, add it into the UserSettings.txt file
    Change "X" to "1"
    Save the file and try relaunching the game

Players can also set the number to 2 or 3, though this will decrease graphics quality in order to load objects more quickly. If this does not resolve your issue, please reply to this e-mail and we will troubleshoot further for you.

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue for me. Zenimax help!!
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i've been having that issue, got some help, but it wasn't enough, and now since the last patch i'm getting all kinds of frame lag, anytime i target something the game slows down drastically for a minute, wasn't there before the last patch, dunno what the deal is.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the first page with thee!
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still sitting in the dark on this issue.
  • raraz
    raraz
    Same issue here. I have to logout and in again for NPC's to show up.
    Keep on keeping on
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Daily bump.
  • raraz
    raraz
    I lowered the View Distance under Settings to 30 (had it maxed) and it seems better.
    Others check this out too please.
    Keep on keeping on
  • dragothur
    dragothur
    ok i tested this too and nothing helps.
    for me its not the graphicks but the overlay.
    without the overlay a jacket would seemed lousy and with the overlay you see buttons and all on that jacket.
    well when i run to a person i see his jacket low quality and than in 2 sec it get high quality.
    so its either the overlay or the lagg from server or somthing.
    other games like guil;dwars 2 didnt have this issue.

maybee this helps abit.

i think if the server laggs the game than NPC or players show up blurry and render slow to HD quality.
  • dragothur
    dragothur
    when i run to a NPC (check the sholders blurry)

2nd screen is when i am at the NPC after 2 sec
    Edited by dragothur on April 21, 2014 9:37PM
  • dragothur
    dragothur
    as you can see the 2nd screenshot is way more clearer than the 1st one.

detail on every npc and player
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dragothur,

That seems like it would be an ram/hard drive issue.. Like the time it takes your computer to pull the skins/models from the memory than what I'm experiencing where npcs/players/buildings/objects to actually show up.. Meaning I can walk and fall through the stairs or inside of a tree... Like it's taking a long time to receive information from the server.

PvE wise it sucks but I can handle going a little slower than normal

PvP wise it's a death trap, not even worth trying cause I'll run right into the middle of a zerg with out knowing it.
  • Chatoyancy
    Chatoyancy
    ✭✭✭
    I have been having the same issue with the environment not loading quickly enough and falling through objects.

Attached is my report.txt.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As I expected my ISP called me back today and said they have not seen this issue nore had anyone they service call in about this issue so their pointing their fingers at the Bethesda servers.

The sad thing is they didn't have any advice or any thing for me to try :(

So can we please get an update on this or at least an acknowledgement, as clearly it's not a hardware issue, and not a ISP issue since multiple people are having this issue.

Thanks.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the top.
  • matchstik23ub17_ESO
    I've been checking this thread every day hoping for a resolution to this issue. It's pretty severe for me with not only npcs appearing slowly but also basically everything else. I can't use my horse at all because I'll get to ahead of the loading and end up in flat, treeless, featureless plains of nothing but ground. If I stay still for a minute or two then trees and bushes and grass and buildings and carts and barrels and, finally, npcs appear. PvP is, clearly, not an option for me at all. PvE is just something I can manage to suffer my way through. Paying for this on a monthly basis is just not gonna happen.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Paying for this on a monthly basis is just not gonna happen.

My thoughts as well..
    I check this thread a few times a day in hopes that there is a lead to a fix but everyday that rolls by is just more disappointment. I'm level 46 now, haven't step foot in pvp since beta because I know what it will be like and don't see myself sticking around for much longer if this isn't addressed.
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    Run a CHKDSK and click attempt recover bad sectors.
  • dragothur
    dragothur
    For me i run a rly fast computer with 8 gig ram, now someone told me dont use windows cashing so i dont.
    Than suport tell me my computer is fast and i sould use windows cashing.

Well i turned it on just tobe shure.
    I think the ping to bethesda server allso was good like 10 milisec.
    Not bad but it should be closer to 0.

So i think thats just the issue and cant be solved unless the server comes to eu.

Btw guys use wired connection and not wireless.
    Thats all folks :)
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to switching out my wifi card for a wired card tonight when I get off work anyways cause a friend need a wifi card.

It shouldn't but I'll post up if it make any difference or not tomorrow.
  • saki
    saki
    ✭✭✭
    dragothur wrote: »
    when i run to a NPC (check the sholders blurry)

2nd screen is when i am at the NPC after 2 sec

I have same problem but I stumbled on this thread on reddit and I tried this option SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3" and I think that there were no muddy texutres when you approach npc.

But when running around in town or outside I had some feeling that is kinda chopy. Maybe I should reduced it to -2 or -1. I will try tomorrow.

If you guys want you cant try and tell your impressions here.

And its same for me either on wifi or wired ;)
    Edited by saki on April 27, 2014 12:12AM
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I switched from the WiFi to my Wired card the other day, played for a good 2 hours today testing towns/houses/environments and nothing has changed with the time it takes for things to show up on the screen.

I did run another Consultant test and noticed that now I am getting a complete tracerout unlike before, however the main problem is still present.

Still looking for a fix, and I've paced my most recent Consultant Report to this thread.

Hopefully we can get some official help or Zenimax insiders to help resolve this.

Thanks again,

Edited by j_labbeb16_ESO on April 27, 2014 9:05AM