Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reb wrote: »
    Reb wrote: »
    just had the in game mails withe my prorder bonus items/maps etc resent ..strange as i never asked for them to be resent in the first place ..and my 30 upgraded bank slots have been deleted.

sent a ticket and ill await the reply :)

It certainly seems that receiving the pre-order items again is an indication of the bank slot issue. Were you by any chance hopping between your alts when you discovered the problem?

thats exactly what i was doing ..transferring items between characters

I've not had the problem. I stopped buying at 80 slots because someone said the problem was happening at 90. I switch between alts all the time. I can't imagine that the 90 slots would be much different then the 80 slots unless some variable gets set that is reused and not correctly cleared, which isn't really supposed to happen in this day and age, but you never know.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Vhalkyrie
    Vhalkyrie
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ I opened two tickets regarding this issue:

140408-031184
    140409-033784

Both of them were closed as 'solved' without being solved. It has been 5 days since I first reported this incident, and my bank upgrade has not been returned. My bank "slots" are missing, not items. The bank upgrade was the most expensive loss, and the one I care about the most.
    Edited by Vhalkyrie on April 12, 2014 9:04PM
  • Sh3nanigans
    First time posting here.

I've now been affected by this bug twice. I submitted an ingame help request 6 days ago after the first bank reset and received no reply or even acknowledgement of my ingame email.

The loss of gold in upgrading the bank slots, stored gold and items is now really affecting my enjoyment of the game. Unless I'm prepared to spend so much gold bouncing ingame mails with attachments to suffering friends there is no -even slightly- enjoyable way to gather materials in game now.
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks, just want you to know we're continuing to investigate this issue and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. We do need anyone it's impacted to submit a support ticket so we can assist, please: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/

While it's good to hear from you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, I'm not sure "we're still working on it" is sufficient after weeks of this issue. After all, it has existed since beta, i.e. before the game even went live. I think everyone understands the dev team is working on it, although how diligently may be in question.

What we need is for you or (I hesitate due to their apparent cluelessness) someone in Customer Support to spend about 10 minutes focused on this issue and get us some answers, such as (off the top of my head; not comprehensive):
    • What is the current status? Does the dev team have any notion what is actually going on yet?
    • When bank slots are reduced, are all or some "lost" items placed in character inventories? What happens if the first character logged on after the bug hits doesn't have enough room in inventory?
    • Does CS even understand that this isn't just about possible lost items, but also lost bank slots and bank deposited gold?
    • Does CS understand that nothing has been done to resolve this issue yet? If so, then why are they closing tickets (including mine)?
    • Is the inability to skip Coldharbour with subsequent alt characters tied to this bug?
    • This has caused a lot of players to stop playing and therefore their 30 days included game time is being wasted. What will be done to address this lost time?
  • Ryan_ScouseUK
    I just had this happen to me for yet a second time.. thats like 35k in gold lost plus the items I have lost in the bank .. what can I do about this has anyone been sorted out by a GM yet or had a result from ESO ? Cause this is really game breaking all the hard work gone.. twice.
  • manaek05rwb17_ESO
    Just got a reply, this one finally looks like a human.

*/
    Greetings,

Apologies for not being more clear. The bank slots will also be restored once we figure this out. We recommend you not purchase additional slots until this issue is fixed. We hope to have a fix shortly.

This one wishes you honor and glory on your quest.

Thanks,
    Gamemaster D'arian
    /*

Well, this clears things up a bit. All it took was 48 hours, 5 mails, 3 CS "representatives" and some threats to get a human to read my tickets. This game's services are definitely on AAA P2P 15$/month level.
    Edited by manaek05rwb17_ESO on April 12, 2014 9:51PM
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN
    Altairien wrote: »
    Hey folks, just want you to know we're continuing to investigate this issue and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. We do need anyone it's impacted to submit a support ticket so we can assist, please: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/

While it's good to hear from you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, I'm not sure "we're still working on it" is sufficient after weeks of this issue. After all, it has existed since beta, i.e. before the game even went live. I think everyone understands the dev team is working on it, although how diligently may be in question.

What we need is for you or (I hesitate due to their apparent cluelessness) someone in Customer Support to spend about 10 minutes focused on this issue and get us some answers, such as (off the top of my head; not comprehensive):
    • What is the current status? Does the dev team have any notion what is actually going on yet?
    • When bank slots are reduced, are all or some "lost" items placed in character inventories? What happens if the first character logged on after the bug hits doesn't have enough room in inventory?
    • Does CS even understand that this isn't just about possible lost items, but also lost bank slots and bank deposited gold?
    • Does CS understand that nothing has been done to resolve this issue yet? If so, then why are they closing tickets (including mine)?
    • Is the inability to skip Coldharbour with subsequent alt characters tied to this bug?
    • This has caused a lot of players to stop playing and therefore their 30 days included game time is being wasted. What will be done to address this lost time?

Yes the complete lack of information(except the tiny little yellow box after 16 days!) is absurd.

But so far this is the information as the forum users understand it:

The bug is caused by the players account resetting to the state of a fresh account due to some so far unknown reason. This brings the following negative effects:
    -CE items are reissued again as if the account was just created.
    -The game forgets that you have previously completed the Coldharbour intro and you can no longer skip it.
    -And most severe the account bank is reset to its default state of 60 slots and no gold stored. Items seems to momentarily disappear but reappears after relog and what doesn't fit any more spills out into the different characters inventories.

So the bank issue is more a side effect of the real issue: That accounts for some reason suddenly just resets to default state.
  • dragonhugs_ESO
    Altairien's quetions ask pretty much everything I would like to know. I would add:

Why are your Customer Service reps marking our tickets as "SOLVED" when they state in the same email the "Devs are looking into it" ?
  • manaek05rwb17_ESO
    Altairien's quetions ask pretty much everything I would like to know. I would add:

Why are your Customer Service reps marking our tickets as "SOLVED" when they state in the same email the "Devs are looking into it" ?

Coz dem salary bonuses. If the CS is outsourced, then the 3rd party CS gets revenue based on their performance. They need to close as much tickets as they can by themselves, and to forward as little issues as possible to the ZMO. The better their stats at "solving", the better is the revenue. Simple as that.

• Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭

The question is marked solved because the ticket has been resolved. They have stated that the items are not lost and the problem will be fixed via a patch. There is nothing more for customer service to do at this point. Solved means no need for further action. If it remains pending then it just glogs up the works and slows down the entire process because it has to be looked at again, and again and again.

They aren't saying screw you, they are saying, it is no longer a customer support matter... it is being worked on and will be resolved at the development level.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • shinji2k
    shinji2k
    Soul Shriven
    So the bank reset just happened to me. I went from 100 to 60 slots and about 20 items are now missing that didn't fit. Most of what is missing are armors I set aside for researching. Oddly enough, the missing armors are still accessible at crafting stations. So now I'm not freaking out so much.
  • lease
    lease
    Same problem, logged in this morning to find id been sent all the pre order emails again (great?) but as a reward all my purchased bank slots and items, 100 as it was full, have been taken away.

really making me want to keep paying to play this game...
  • nizzybb14_ESO
    I also have the same issue. I've filed a ticket last night at 11:30 when it happened to me. My questions to everyone is did you all preorder? Did you get the imperial edition? And did you buy it from eso.com? I'm wondering if all 3 factors are needed for the bug to happen. Or maybe just playing during the early release. If that isn't the case then this even more game breaking.

They need to fix this issue, give our items/bank space back, AND compensate everyone in some sort of shape or form. I'll wait to see the outcome. Good customer service out weights bugs. But if those things don't occur. Not only am I going to unsub I'm going to demand a refund. Call me crazy but I want to get what I paid for.
  • alive741
    alive741
    So to update, I've been using my bank ONLY as a transfer station. It takes a ton of time, I'm abandoning a ton of stuff so I'm not bored switching between characters. No gold 0/60, I'm switching between one and another, and 4 mails--bank wipe, log back on the main. Check bank, items have repopped, not the overflow from the INITIAL bank wipe, just the 10 items from my second bank wipe. I now have another set of explorer packs and pets etc. I'd use a guild bank, however there's a bug there too (which I reported last week where items randomly disappear on the deposit/withdrawl process. Awesome.
  • Cuddlekins
    I *finally* got a direct answer from a CSR about the slots (as opposed to items).
    Response By Email (Daniel Beahn) (04/12/2014 04:15 PM)
    Greetings,

Apologies for not being more clear. The bank slots will also be restored once we figure this out. We recommend you not purchase additional slots until this issue is fixed. We hope to have a fix shortly.

This one wishes you honor and glory on your quest.

Thanks,
    Gamemaster D'arian
  • merced
    merced
    same response as above, really wish there was an ETA for this. I don't about other players but 60 slots doesn't cut it and even with 80 inventory slots i am always running near full.
  • KindaMayvelle
    KindaMayvelle
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered directly from the official website and got the Imperial Edition. And I've also been wondering if getting the Imperial Edition has anything to do with this.
  • Farfiknogen
    Yeah, same bug happened to me just now. I'm super hoping this gets fixed soon. Regret now paying for the six month subscription...
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    I too preordered, Imp ed, multiple alts. It happened to me RIGHT after respecing a few of my toons and switching back and forth.
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, I finally got a real response on this issue:

Response By Email (Eli) (04/12/2014 12:22 PM)
    Greetings Adventurer!

Thank you for your report. We are investigating the issue with player banks losing items. We are confident at this time that no items have been lost, and that we will be able to return your belongings to you in a future patch.

I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience, please bear with us as we figure out the solution to this problem.

Thanks!

Now with that said, Developers, please read this:

I was thinking back on what I did, and/or what happen for this bug to hit me, and I got the missing piece of the puzzle, so I will recreate it here for you, I got a feeling this is relevant to this bug and maybe the cause of it.

On April 7, I try to log in in the game, from the same computer I beta tested, and play Early Access on mind you, no change whatsoever, but I couldn't, it said it was a new IP and to verify and I got this e-mail;

noreply@mail.elderscrollsonline.com
    To Me
    Apr 7 at 7:46 PM

Greetings,

We noticed an attempt to log in to your account for The Elder Scrolls® Online from a new IP address. If you made this attempt, please enter the code below when prompted in game

Access Code: ************

If you did not make this attempt, you can ignore this email. Please ensure that your account password is unique, and remember to log out after you visit your account page from a public computer!

If you have any questions about this email, please visit our online customer support center and we’ll be happy to assist you: help.elderscrollsonline.com

Regards,

The Elder Scrolls® Online

Was weird as I keep using the same pc and IP, but, I verify and log in and out and went to bed.

The next day, April 8th I logged in in my main and play no problem, I did a re-spec and I logged out and logged into an alt, that's when the bug kicked in (Which has been mention here a million times). The game saw my alt as a new account, that's why I was granted all 5 mails and my bank was 60 (default).

I have the feeling that the problem with the IP the day before it's the cause of all of this, as I didn't change IP's or PC but the game thinks i did, hence why the game thinks my alt is a new account and not part of my account and why everything is getting reset back to default and all mails are re-send. Does this makes sense? cause it kind of does to me!

I hope this helps, even if it is a little as I really want this game to be great and all this bugs to be killed.

Common with everyone?

Re-spec
    logging into alt
    getting all the mails
    Bank reset

Did anyone having this issue get that mail I did also?

Edited by Iorail on April 13, 2014 1:24AM
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    I never respecced, I think the problem happened to me after I made a new character. It seemed like it thought my new character was a new account or something and reset the bank and got all those mails with maps, crab, ritual and monkey.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New reply from CS, this time it seems to be a human writing it, typos and all ;)

"Until the patch is able to be released, there is nothing that we can do. We will be marking this tickets as solved, not because we are no looking at them, but for organization reasons. If you continue to enter duplicate, please know that these will be considered 'duplicates' and closed.

We thank you for your continued patience."
  • atomicangelb16_ESO
    atomicangelb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    since ca. 08:00PM (GMT+2) 12Apr14 (GMT+2) same ***....lost my increased bank slots with the items. not sure but i think i reached 90 slots, next 10 i remember cost 11,8K. another problem was that i wasnt able to see click the banker (bank char) in stormhaven and glenumbra (daggerfall) and i jump to strosm'kai to see that my bank is buged..
    Also my Horse places are bugged after that. I have 2 horses but atm i can use only one. The other i cant use!!
    i open some tickets to support but no reaction till now. pls fix this

ahh...and i have to say, IT IS NOT FUNNY TO PAY MORE THAN 100EUR for a fkn buged game and a slow support!!!!
    Edited by atomicangelb16_ESO on April 13, 2014 1:36AM
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue..

20 bank slots gone, and 6.5K gold vanished.
    140408-068663
  • ionutn1
    ionutn1
    9 (nine days) and not a single reply to my ticket in game or cs mail
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify something....some people are speculating that it's happening only to those with the IMPERIAL edition....it isn't.

I bought my standard edition (with pre-order bonuses) straight from Zenimax.

Although my symptoms are the same: swapping between alts to sort out bank and inventories. Received pre-order bonuses in mail a second time, and bank size had been reduced back to default (60 slots).
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 13, 2014 2:13AM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • Requielle
    Requielle
    ✭✭✭
    And it's not a straight-from-ZeniMax issue, either. My game was a digital download from Amazon.
  • Thepal
    Thepal
    ✭✭
    Just happened to me. I think this is because I said I hadn't really had any bugs yet in a post here yesterday. I jinxed myself.

I submitted a Customer Service request about it and got a response within minutes saying that they are working on the issue and I'll be getting all my stuff and bank upgrades back. It's a crappy issue, but I can't complain about the response from Zenimax. Hopefully they squash this one soon.

Until then, my suggestion: Don't store important things in your bank at the moment.

As for what I was doing that may have triggered it:
    - Be careful about switching constantly between characters (I switched a dozen or so times in the 30 minutes before it happened).
    - The servers are extremely full at the moment. Server stress may be a factor. So maybe don't swap a lot at those times.
    - I was also putting things in and out of my bank a lot (that was the reason I switched characters). I suppose that the constant changes to the overall player account (especially during server stress) could cause it to reset.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list. I just got it for the first time. Bleh,.
  • cosmoecogs
    cosmoecogs
    Soul Shriven
    As stated prior, I've been hit by it twice now. And now my wife's account has had the same issue. This is causing me to rethink the 6 mo subscription.