The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to become a Werewolf/Vampire

• Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Unless they don't allow player to player infection to keep that scenario from occurring.

You can infect another player once every 7 days.

• Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Unless they don't allow player to player infection to keep that scenario from occurring.
    They do. However, it must be consensual (i.e. you have to be in a certain ritual area and agree to become one), and it has a 7-day cooldown. No, seriously.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even on a lengthy cooldown, it has the opportunity for a rapid growth rate.

If they had a one week cooldown, within a month a single infected player would result in 16 or more infected players.
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    that's true. With that said, it's not like you are locked into being a werewolf or vampire forever if you get bitten and decide you don't like it.
  • Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I knew where the vampires spawned, especially in the Aldmeri Dominion.
  • koykun
    koykun
    Any news on where the vampire spawns? Anyone knows if on 25ish maps i'll be able to find them? Or just on 40ish maps?
  • xWHALESHARKx
    xWHALESHARKx
    ✭✭
    Am looking forward to vampirism
    We may not be big, but we're small.

Thunder-Perfect-Mind
    Imperial Nightblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    NA Megaserver
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've searched everywhere for information on how to become a werewolf and I've found nothing.

It's disappointing. I want to join an all werewolf guild.
  • murpf
    murpf
    guys, the only way to become a werewolf or a vampire is a late game rare spawn that triggers the quest chain. so don't worry we will all get there sooner or later. normal spawns for werewolves and vamps will not infect you.

But don't make a toon and immediately decide you want to be a WW or a Vamp, its just flavour on top of a class. i know i want to as much as you guys but it needs to be known that its impossible early game unless you have someone to perform the ritual on you.

Also there are people who have reached level cap already and i haven't heard of anyone becoming a WW or a Vamp yet so i don't think anyone has found the spawns yet.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mulk wrote: »
    that's true. With that said, it's not like you are locked into being a werewolf or vampire forever if you get bitten and decide you don't like it.

But can you become and cure yourself multiple times?

From i remember in TES you could only become a vampire once , if cured , it is over.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • murpf
    murpf
    Mulk wrote: »

But can you become and cure yourself multiple times?

From i remember in TES you could only become a vampire once , if cured , it is over.

Nothing is confirmed yet. but probably only once since it will be a quest chain.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you to start looking around the level 32 zones on a new or full moon depending on which you want. The one for a DC werewolf is marked by a lore book on a large rock about werewolves. Not far away from a wayshrine. Give it a week or two and I'll give the location if no one has found it, but not yet. ;)
    Edited by Casdha on April 1, 2014 7:28PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I can tell you to start looking around the level 32 zones on a new or full moon depending on which you want. The one for a DC werewolf is marked by a lore book on a large rock about werewolves. Not far away from a wayshrine. Give it a week or two and I'll give the location if no one has found it, but not yet. ;)

Based on real life moon cycle or in game? How can you tell what type of moon it is in game? I assume look up at the sky..?
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »

How can you tell what type of moon it is in game? I assume look up at the sky..?
    Yep that would be how, but someone else will have to fill you in on how often the ingame cycle repeats. I think it is about a week, but not sure.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Draconythe
    Draconythe
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,
    Ok before everyone continues arguing and bickering about werewolves and vamps.
    THEY ARE ACTIVE, I accidentally came across the ritual site 2 betas ago while playing as a khajiit in AD faction no lie, but then again all I did in most betas was solo and explore.
    This release game I changed it up and joined Ebonheart as Imperial. and after extensive searching I discovered 3 ways in the Ebonheart area to get the curse (I call it curse haha)
    1. Player to player contact must be near the ritual shrine area for werewolves when they bite another player. But can only be done player to player once a week IRL week.
    2. IT IS POSSIBLE to obtain the curse via a quest line in Ebonheart at a city. BUT I would not recommend it unless you are at least level 20. Reason being is that you will be fighting quite a few at once. So to increase your survival chances bring friends who want to be wolfs.
    3. IT IS Possible to obtain Lycanthropy In the wilds of the world. Especially in stonefall province. But as another player stated they only spawn at night on certain moon cycles (also may I add that vampires can only be found in the same was as #3) Currently myself and a guild that discovered me last night when I was explaining these 3 possible places for Lycantropy or vampirism (at the time I did not know where they were at -Locations= just knew how to do them) so I joined the guild of players who has goals to become werewolfs called "Elder Wolves". Anyways after searching my beta notes and online for a few hours I found possible locations so I asked different members to go to different locations so I could teleport to them and investigate. Doing this I found the city that has the Quest I stated in #2 (It was covered by someone earlier, but I will not tell you where to go to start the quest) but to do those quests I would recommend level 16 minimum since most enemies are 17+. Myself and guildmates are on average level 10, so I telelported around to other members looking for a special spawn location and after awhile I found it with level 40+ enemies and also may I add I came across suspected Devs who I ended up chatting a little as they were fighting level 40+ zombies. They confirmed all my information, congratulated us on being able to make it so far out at such a low level. And told us almost exact location where they spawn and time frame of their spawn rate. But alas for them also to survive in that area I would recommend to level up to at least level 20.

Sorry all for long discussion but it annoys me when people give out false info. And also I just woke up after spending about 4-5 hours confirming all my information and learning variables for what is needed to complete everything. Now my next step is to find the companions guild haha.

Also sorry for not giving the info out, I just don't want the whole world to know ya know. Like in high school when you got the smart kid in your group for a project and you made him/her do all the work. But If you all read carefully I did release hints. Or maybe find me ingame and I will chat more (very likely haha was always solo but recently grouped up and guilded up so meeting people is fun)

If you all think my post is *** or fake, well add me and once I reach a certain level I will turn wolf infront of you.

Ingame name : Dracon'ythe
    Class: Dragon Knight
    Level: 11
    Faction: Ebonheart Pact:
    Race:Imperial
    Guild: Elder Wolves
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really happy to see these are still sort of a secret. Expected this to be all over by now.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draconythe wrote: »
    Greetings all,
    Ok before everyone continues arguing and bickering about werewolves and vamps.
    THEY ARE ACTIVE, I accidentally came across the ritual site 2 betas ago while playing as a khajiit in AD faction no lie, but then again all I did in most betas was solo and explore.

Seems like you know almost nothing about the faction that I am in, unfortunately.
    You only found the shrine in AD.

I see the key here is just walking around. Did you basically just ignore quests and just go walking about?

• Draconythe
    Draconythe
    ✭✭✭
    @‌Ravinsild
    If you read you will see that I only discovered the shrine in AD on accident also came across werewolves at night but was too low of a level. All I did in betas was SOLO and learn the world. I did do quests but only enough to get me off the small island and other land. So I could explore the world. Upon release I decided to give Ebonheart a shot since 90% of my time in betas was with AD as a Wood elf or Khajiit. So yes I did just walk around, but at the same time I took side quests which ended up having me cross the ritual shrines path.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌Ravinsild
    If you read you will see that I only discovered the shrine in AD on accident also came across werewolves at night but was too low of a level. All I did in betas was SOLO and learn the world. I did do quests but only enough to get me off the small island and other land. So I could explore the world. Upon release I decided to give Ebonheart a shot since 90% of my time in betas was with AD as a Wood elf or Khajiit. So yes I did just walk around, but at the same time I took side quests which ended up having me cross the ritual shrines path.

So I reckon, based on your style, once I clear Grahtwood I'll be able to just wander because I'll be prolly level 25 or so, I would guess and just check places out and explore?

I never played an Elder Scrolls game before. I'm used to WoW's sort of "structured" leveling with 0 exploration incentive (unless you love dying, a lot).
  • Draconythe
    Draconythe
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »
    Really happy to see these are still sort of a secret. Expected this to be all over by now.

Exactly which is why I gave basic info to my guild, only 2 people have a general idea but nothing more. I honestly forsee a *** of players releasing the secret and them almost everybody is a wolf but as time goes on they will be less and less. I honestly don't know if currently I am in the lead on infomation and locations etc etc or if there are others who spent the time gathing infor and using beta to gain knowledge on areas and whatnot.

• Draconythe
    Draconythe
    ✭✭✭
    @‌Ravinsild

So I reckon, based on your style, once I clear Grahtwood I'll be able to just wander because I'll be prolly level 25 or so, I would guess and just check places out and explore?

I never played an Elder Scrolls game before. I'm used to WoW's sort of "structured" leveling with 0 exploration incentive (unless you love dying, a lot).

Once you leave tutorial island, and get to your factions land, don't explore just your factions area but AROUND it, key wordd here is AROUND. Look for high level mod spawn areas and look at night.

• Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌Ravinsild

Once you leave tutorial island, and get to your factions land, don't explore just your factions area but AROUND it, key wordd here is AROUND. Look for high level mod spawn areas and look at night.

I think what you're telling me by AROUND is around the edges of the map as given? For like cracks into nearby areas or what-have-you?

This is all pretty exciting, though. I love hunting rare beasts, like I did the invisible beasts you had to track in my hunter on WoW.

I think I've collected enough information to venture out on my own. I've never seen high level mod spawns or whatever though. Are they related to those Oblivion gate things that fall from the sky?

• Draconythe
    Draconythe
    ✭✭✭
    Ok when hunting higher level mobs, think of a circle within a circle within a circle. The center is your factions starter city or town (after the tutorial crap). Should be on a shore or at least have access to the sea. Will have walls and high ranking people within your faction there. Ok that is your center, most mobs in the 10st ring outside your center will be lower level mobs maybe lvl 3-5. next teir ring (2nd ring) that is outside the 1st teir will be maybe level 7-8 then another ring with around 9-10 then another irng etc etc etc so it means you will have to travel far in a direction to find level 30-40 mobs. But alas does not mean you will find the mobs your looking for. Each faction has a few areas where higher level mobs spawn that will spawn vamps or werewolfs. Just means you have to follow that level 40ish ring at night until you find what you are looking for. Also be wary of night cycles with the moon to increase your chances.
    I think what you're telling me by AROUND is around the edges of the map as given? For like cracks into nearby areas or what-have-you?

This is all pretty exciting, though. I love hunting rare beasts, like I did the invisible beasts you had to track in my hunter on WoW.

I think I've collected enough information to venture out on my own. I've never seen high level mod spawns or whatever though. Are they related to those Oblivion gate things that fall from the sky?

Hope that helps,

• Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly which is why I gave basic info to my guild, only 2 people have a general idea but nothing more. I honestly forsee a *** of players releasing the secret and them almost everybody is a wolf but as time goes on they will be less and less. I honestly don't know if currently I am in the lead on infomation and locations etc etc or if there are others who spent the time gathing infor and using beta to gain knowledge on areas and whatnot.

A lot of us got to play with vamp/WW on the PTS. I'm mostly shocked that some people didn't just post it up on a site somewhere.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭

A lot of us got to play with vamp/WW on the PTS. I'm mostly shocked that some people didn't just post it up on a site somewhere.

I remember you from the other forums! Woo!

Why don't YOU post it up on a site somewhere?

Seriously though, it'd have to be a really comprehensive guide for all 3 factions and including both Wolves and Vamps.

• tjrichards01_ESO
    From what ive heard both lycanthropy and vampirism are already in the game players have seen the rares mobs that give these to u as well as people claiming they have contracted these (all claims ive seen have come from attacking vampires and werewolves in cyrodil) just thought id throw that out there.
    On player to player infection its supposed to be a 1 week cooldown from what ive seen and read.
  • Angua
    Angua
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo... anyone want to give a character named Angua von Uberwald and/or an Arya Stark the werewolf 'curse'?

Because... that would be cool and I'd totally be grateful... ;)
  • Cutekhaos
    Cutekhaos
    ✭✭✭
    For EP you need to be in the rift, and you need to find the rare spawn, I need to confirm they are in the same place until, I'll answer pm's as to locations, I don't know anything about the werewolf bit as I was only a vampire at prior to launch.
  • Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the vampire mobs spawn in Aldmeri Dominion?
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Laplace wrote: »
    Anyone know where the vampire mobs spawn in Aldmeri Dominion?

This. I just want to know what zone in AD the spawns happen so can keep an eye out. I don't need specific locations and time. Just the name of the zone.