The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A new armour idea based around drain essence

Drakavyn_morelock
Drakavyn_morelock
✭✭✭
Just an idea but I think it would be pretty cool for people that want to actually use some of the vampire abilities.

2/ adds 1096 max magika
3/ adds 129 spell damage
4/ adds 833 spell critical
5/ after using drain essence increase your spell damage by 400 (or 500) for 8 seconds with x cool down

Could be called vampires thirst or something. So what do people think?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd definitely be up for more vampire/werewolf themed sets.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only after Vamp drain is nerfed. Current vamp drain not only has a buggy CC, the Invig morph has the fastest Ultimate regen in the game and it also deals similar damage as spammables.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Only after Vamp drain is nerfed. Current vamp drain not only has a buggy CC, the Invig morph has the fastest Ultimate regen in the game and it also deals similar damage as spammables.

I agree that cc is very buggy in PVP. I don't even slot it on my vamp... It offends my sense of fair play lol.

You're pretty good with the numbers @susmitds , how would you adjust the damage on it without killing the skill?
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

That's fair enough, although I thought most people thought that skill was trash cuz of the cast time and speed penalty
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an idea but I think it would be pretty cool for people that want to actually use some of the vampire abilities.

2/ adds 1096 max magika
    3/ adds 129 spell damage
    5/ after using drain essence increase your spell damage by 400 (or 500) for 8 seconds with x cool down

I am unsure about the viability or balance of such a set. But it certainly seems that vampire is basically only used for the mag regen, with a few niche builds making use of the mist and drain in certain circumstances. It could probably therefore do with some reworking.
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭

2/ adds 1096 max magika
    3/ adds 129 spell damage

I am unsure about the viability or balance of such a set.

Well I had a look at scatcing mage and burning spell weave before posting and figured the bonuses should be similar because they are widely accepted as viable, with a cool down you wouldn't be able to have a 100% up time which would make it fair
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2/ adds 1096 max magika
    3/ adds 129 spell damage

Nah, maybe your 5th piece would make some kind of new arena weapon maybe 600 for 5 seconds with x cool down. That’d be neat.

Maybe perfected removes the vulnerability to flame damage for 3 seconds after using Drain essence.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on November 22, 2019 3:44AM
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire Lord Set
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Adds 400 Spell Damage to your Vampire abilities. Reduces the cost of your Vampire abilities by 6%.

Combine with War Maiden for 800 bonus Spell Damage to Drain
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭

2/ adds 1096 max magika
    3/ adds 129 spell damage

Nah, maybe your 5th piece would make some kind of new arena weapon maybe 600 for 5 seconds with x cool down. That’d be neat.

Maybe perfected removes the vulnerability to flame damage for 3 seconds after using Drain essence.

What do you mean new arena weapon?
    Vajrak wrote: »
    Vampire Lord Set
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Adds 400 Spell Damage to your Vampire abilities. Reduces the cost of your Vampire abilities by 6%.

Combine with War Maiden for 800 bonus Spell Damage to Drain

Might work on a night blade, but they're isn't enough vampire abilities to slot on your bar to warrant using the set really. Unless they gave the spell damage to all abilities
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well we already have a Vampire Lord set. It's overlooked for a reason. It could use a buff. It'd still be a bit of an RP set, but right now it's pretty sad. They could make it buff your vamp abilities by 600 spell and weapon damage and it would be much better.

Overall I'd rather see vampire get a full skill line. But yes, vamp drain does need adjustment in damage and/or range. The CC break isn't actually busted like it was years ago, but it's very inconsistent and disproportionately difficult to break.