The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't get why people say that es6 will be the death of eso

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valkyrie93 wrote: »
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Browart wrote: »
    Zenimax said that they are going to support the game until TES 6 release. What make sense because theres not a lot of area left to discover.

When did they say that? source?

In october i saw article and interview with rich lambert and he said that current goal of zenimax is supporting game until tes 6 atm. Try to find inerview with lambert in google, im sure u will find it.

So no source ?

Here's my find, related to ESO support: In a talk in the framework of PAX Australia (via GameSpot), the creative director, Rich Lambert, mentioned that the company’s plans are to continue giving content to The Elder Scrolls Online in 2020 and even beyond. https://segmentnext.com/2019/10/14/zenimax-will-support-the-elder-scrolls-online-for-many-more-years/

The even beyond thing scares me, to be frank. Definitely in 2020 there will be a new Chapter, but beyond...

why does it scare you? to me that reads like they've definitely got plans for future content beyond 2020 otherwise they wouldn't say it. or do you mean because it's kinda vague?
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Zenimax said that they are going to support the game until TES 6 release. What make sense because theres not a lot of area left to discover.

When did they say that? source?

In october i saw article and interview with rich lambert and he said that current goal of zenimax is supporting game until tes 6 atm. Try to find inerview with lambert in google, im sure u will find it.

So no source ?

Here's my find, related to ESO support: In a talk in the framework of PAX Australia (via GameSpot), the creative director, Rich Lambert, mentioned that the company’s plans are to continue giving content to The Elder Scrolls Online in 2020 and even beyond. https://segmentnext.com/2019/10/14/zenimax-will-support-the-elder-scrolls-online-for-many-more-years/

The even beyond thing scares me, to be frank. Definitely in 2020 there will be a new Chapter, but beyond...

why does it scare you? to me that reads like they've definitely got plans for future content beyond 2020 otherwise they wouldn't say it. or do you mean because it's kinda vague?

Yes, the scary part is that the period after 2020 is vague. One year more? Five? Can we hope for five?
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that TES6 will be its own death until fans patch it

Not to mention making it appealing (mods).
    TES6 will only give us a part of Tamriel. ESO gives it ALL. ESO will only benefit after TES6 will appear. New players fascinated with the lore will want to see Tamriel of the Second Era and learn the secrets of the past. Play one TES game, and you'll want to play anything related to TES world.

It will only remain a "part" for so long, until some dedicated fans arrive on the scene. Those who know what previous parts have brought in that regard, can imagine what is going to be possible then... :wink:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think people say this about every game that is currently out when a new game comes out. Occasionally, they're right. I mean, if you throw a thousand darts, you're bound to hit the bullseye at least once, right?
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »

TES6 will only give us a part of Tamriel. ESO gives it ALL. ESO will only benefit after TES6 will appear. New players fascinated with the lore will want to see Tamriel of the Second Era and learn the secrets of the past. Play one TES game, and you'll want to play anything related to TES world.

It will only remain a "part" for so long, until some dedicated fans arrive on the scene. Those who know what previous parts have brought in that regard, can imagine what is going to be possible then... :wink:

Anything added by fans is not the lore. We managed to visit Elsweyr in TES5 Skyrim - a one created by modders. A beautiful place with quests. Yet, lore-friendly only, but not the lore.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »

Anything added by fans is not the lore. We managed to visit Elsweyr in TES5 Skyrim - a one created by modders. A beautiful place with quests. Yet, lore-friendly only, but not the lore.

Doesn't matter, as long as it is bought. That is the deciding factor of "survival" of something of this sort.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I will buy the next part. Certainly not for the first few months after release.
    Edited by Kelces on November 19, 2019 1:39PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There a few different populations of people who play ESO:

1)People who love elder scrolls games, and play ESO because it's the most recent option
    2)People who love elder scrolls games and love ESO
    3)People who have never really played elder scrolls games, but love ESO

The populations of TES6 and ESO are gonna have huge overlap. When the game releases, ESO is gonna have a HUGE population drop, because players from all three of the above groups (although some more than others) are gonna leave to go play TES6.
    When the population drops, players who don't play TES6 are gonna leave to another MMO because there's not as many people to play with.
    Some of the players who go to TES6 are gonna come back to ESO, because they enjoy MMOs more. But when they come back, they're gonna find a much smaller population because of the others that left. So they're gonna either go back to TES6 or go find an MMO.

Not to mention all of the performance issues and bugs this game has.

I love this game, but unless ZOS gets their act together, there is no way it's gonna survive TES6.
    Edited by January1171 on November 19, 2019 1:50PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mmorpg that Amazon is working on is what will be the death of ESO. Still a few years out, tho. So no need to panic.
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, we might lose the Skyrim kids, but the two playstyles are a vastly different experience.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have low hopes for ES6. If you look at the trajectory from Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim, it's obvious that the devs are dumbing down the Elder Scrolls experience more and more. Skyrim had barely half the replay value as Oblivion, in my opinion, and the reason was because they took too much complexity out of the game. All you had to do in Skyrim was craft a bunch of dagger and potions to become invincible and overpowered, LOL. I'm sure ES6 will be even worse.

I'll give ES6 a try, but I bet I'll be back to ESO in a couple weeks.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have low hopes for ES6. If you look at the trajectory from Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim, it's obvious that the devs are dumbing down the Elder Scrolls experience more and more. Skyrim had barely half the replay value as Oblivion, in my opinion, and the reason was because they took too much complexity out of the game. All you had to do in Skyrim was craft a bunch of dagger and potions to become invincible and overpowered, LOL. I'm sure ES6 will be even worse.

Todd Howard, after they release a bug ridden train wreck of a game based on an engine older than most players, after a 10 years development hell: "It just works!"
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    INB4 ESO6 is a mobile game. B)
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When TES6 launches you will see a massive population drop for a few weeks, then as people get bored of a single player game and they will come back. Happens with all MMO's, when a new highly popular title comes out and everyone goes to play it for a few weeks then comes back.
  • Skitamine
    Skitamine
    ✭✭✭
    Multiplayer games can't be modded for satefy. Modding is one of the core selling point for the main franchise. So going multiplayer would probably be the end. Also I like the darker side of solo games, Teso is far too bright (just a look at the Ayleid ruins tell it all, lights, lights everywhere, yellow, bright blue !).
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol! You don’t know what you’re talking about, you’re so wrong. >.>
    There’s going to be too much monetisation for fans to be able to fix it and then the monetisation will keep it dead for anyone else.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe because most of the core fans here are TES fans?

And that this game is currently struggling with performances issues, balance issues and stale content updates?
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is killing the game with server/performance issues already LOL
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah ESO is dying just fine on its own...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I LOVED Morrowind but got bored with Oblivion before shutting all the Oblivion gates and not only because enemies were dying to the damage reflected by my armor. :neutral: Skyrim was better but didn’t hook me the way Morrowind and now ESO has for different reasons (although love to visit Vvardenfell again! <3 ).
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be greeting TESVI with a great deal of scepticism. It's going to have to be really good to get me away from ESO. So, maybe once the modders have fixed it. Maybe.
    PC EU
  • Krawallbambi
    Krawallbambi
    ✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    ESO is perfectly capable of dying on it's own, it doesn't need help for that.

so true :|
    Krawallbambi - PC/EU

vSS GS (247 k)
    vHoF TTT (224 k)
    vCR GH (132 k)
    vAS IR (115 k)
    vMoL Dro'm-Athra Destroyer
    Ghost Slayer
    Flawless Conqueror
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't even going to PRE ORDER OR BUY ES 6... I'll be waiting for the consolidetd pack.. with the you know.. FIXES and DLC all in one... I can wait the 3 yrs...
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There will be no single-player ES6 obviously. Not a chance. Best you can hope is MMORPG ES6 on Fallout 4 engine.

You mean an MMORPG on skyrim's engine since it's really the same one.

Honestly I doubt they would do that. Not unless they plan on ending eso, since they would be in direct competition with each other.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people keep saying the game is dead because standing on the side of the road with the end is nigh signs isn't hip enough for them these days but they are still in the same mindset.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i don't know about you but a big reason I play this game is because of the MMO aspect of it... a single player game can't replace the experience of an MMO even if it's the same series. I enjoy playing with my bf and my friends PLUS it's my favourite franchise (elder scrolls). It's these two things combined that make me want to log on. elder scrolls 6 will have a lot of hype but it won't kill the whole audience because some people don't like single player games (I do, and I will play es6, but that doesn't mean INSTEAD of eso.)

Now please fix your servers so I can actually play..

If anything will be the death of ESO it's the performance issues

I know, as if all us hardcore PVPers are gonna suddenly after 15+ years of MMOs, decide we REALLY want to do some HARDCORE single player action with ourselves. Didn't happen with Morrowind, or Oblivion, or Skyrim, and doubt ES6 is going to magically change my mind. Doesn't make sense to me, but you know...some people really believe the Earth is flat so right on to them for living their lives how they want.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    I think people keep saying the game is dead because standing on the side of the road with the end is nigh signs isn't hip enough for them these days but they are still in the same mindset.

Agreed. Everywhere it’s the same thing. On the GW2 forum, everything from ESO to zombie WoW was said to be the death knell for GW2. 🙄
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Majority of the playerbase comes from singleplayer games. It's pretty clear if you look at the amount of pve/rp players.
    Also, being an MMO is a downside for many people who are just thirsty for another elder scrolls game. Although, I don't expect much from TES6 anymore. If anything, it will be filled with paid mods, paid cheats and lootboxes while running on the same garbage engine as Morrowind.

I must say though, developers are far more successful at killing ESO, compared to any TES game. TES6 might just be the final nail.

Edited by Anhedonie on November 19, 2019 6:08PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The comments that I read back when TES6 was teased were along the lines that people would probably be so busy playing TES6 that the number of people playing ESO would fall dramatically, at least for a while.

As for me, I enjoy being able to play an ES game where other people are also running around in the world, such that I can help them, or ask for help from them, but most of my time is spent playing solo rather than in a group or competing against other players (well, other than the neverending war over crafting nodes).

My main reason for playing ESO rather than, say, Skyrim, or Oblivion, or Morrowind, is because I love being able to travel to just about any part of Tamriel. There were many, many times while playing Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim that I've wished I could travel across the border into the next province.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    ESO and TES 6 are 2 different types of games one an MMORPG and one a single-player RPG. There are several types of fans those who will play anything elder scroll related, those who only play single player elder scrolls and those who only play eso because all they play are MMORPGs. I have met and know several people who don't give a rip about TES 6 simply because all they play are MMORPGs and online multiplayer games in general. I myself have enjoyed all the single-player TES games and eso. When TES 6 comes out ESO will still be my home; my time, however, will be simply spit bewteen the games but that will not last forever since both of these games provide different experiences.
    There will always bee a large about of people playing ESO (a lot of them are solely dedicated to EOS), so TES 6 "killing it" is just not going to happen. some people will take a break and some won't even care about TES 6 coming out.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate to say it, but we'll be lucky to get a good Elder Scrolls VI if Fallout 76 and ESO are any indication. I already think ES V: Skyrim was the weakest of the series, so they will have to really improve on the whole gameplay experience in my opinion if they want to make a truly great entry to the series. Akatosh forbid they make it a multiplayer, Fallout 76-like world. I miss the deep character customization of previous games (even if they did need huge improvements and bug fixes). ESO has already sullied enough of Elder Scrolls with all the crazy/greedy monetization crap they pull, so they need a strong single-player title to keep the franchise going in my opinion.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i don't know about you but a big reason I play this game is because of the MMO aspect of it... a single player game can't replace the experience of an MMO even if it's the same series. I enjoy playing with my bf and my friends PLUS it's my favourite franchise (elder scrolls). It's these two things combined that make me want to log on. elder scrolls 6 will have a lot of hype but it won't kill the whole audience because some people don't like single player games (I do, and I will play es6, but that doesn't mean INSTEAD of eso.)

Now please fix your servers so I can actually play..

If anything will be the death of ESO it's the performance issues

I cant speak for everyone but i know a lot of people that tried this game solely because its a elder scrolls game
    Those are people that are here for the TES aspect of the game and are likely to leave once the next one is here