The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is considered good dps now?

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
Hi, I returned after a little break an noticed by dps had droped under 30k from 45-50k on my magsorc.

So I've spent hours trying different skills, CP, rotations and I'm finally back at 43-45k self buffed on a 3 mil dummy, no cheese sets, just eledrain.
Now my rotation is actually easier than before so that's a big +. But I'm not sure what's required now days for difficult content with all the new DLCs and I'm forced to use a pet, really don't like it but that's how it is now.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think most people agree that 30k is enough to complete all content in the game if you follow mechanics.

And by that, I don't mean hard, time related achievements like godslayer or tick-tock tormentor.
    EU PC
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can pull 35K+ in real fights with lots of mechanics and movement you're good. Dummy parses are not that relevant, since you're not doing any mechanics, you're getting unrealistic up times on certain buffs and orbs on cooldown (21M), you don't have to change targets and hence you can cheese it with Spell Strategist, Siroria, Relequen etc. I mean the dummy can help you put your rotation together and learn it, but that's about it. I've seen people that did 80K+ on the 21M dummy die like flies even in older DLC dungeons because they didn't bother following the mechanics and had slow reflexes.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    If you can pull 35K+ in real fights with lots of mechanics and movement you're good. Dummy parses are not that relevant, since you're not doing any mechanics, you're getting unrealistic up times on certain buffs and orbs on cooldown (21M), you don't have to change targets and hence you can cheese it with Spell Strategist, Siroria, Relequen etc. I mean the dummy can help you put your rotation together and learn it, but that's about it. I've seen people that did 80K+ on the 21M dummy die like flies even in older DLC dungeons because they didn't bother following the mechanics and had slow reflexes.

I agree plus all the party buffs from group content can really up your dps, on dummys my scorc does about 21k but in groups it can go as high as 30+
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100k with 0 help and the target dummy has to be a critter.

>.>
    20-30k I think is the reasonable number.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30k is the sweet spot
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The good dps are the ones who don't stand in stupid, do mechanics, rez downed players, and don't get 1-shotted because they only have 17k health while buffed.

Dead dps does zero dps.

*This message was sponsored by your healers and tanks*
    Edited by srfrogg23 on November 19, 2019 1:09PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    17-18K HP is pretty much enough for any content. Ebon adds ~1.2-1.3K on top of that (with CP, undaunted mettle and other multipliers) so you end up with 18.5-20K HP in a group; more if you also get minor toughness from a Warden Tank or Healer. People who only have 13-14K HP because they are using parse food are a problem though, especially if they don't know the mechanics and they're low CP (less mitigation from the red ones). In any case most damage in dungeons and trials is either cumulative DoTs that result from messing up the mechanics (not purging, stacking for heals/debuffs, blocking, roll dodging etc.), that would even kill someone with 22K+ HP, but 1-2s later, or true one-shots, that do 100K+ unmitigated damage, and that could even kill the tank if he failed to buff up and block; some even the tank has to roll dodge or magma shell to survive. I've seen plenty of DDs who have a death wish and stack on the tank, especially on bosses who have cleave damage.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    I think most people agree that 30k is enough to complete all content in the game if you follow mechanics.

And by that, I don't mean hard, time related achievements like godslayer or tick-tock tormentor.

More like 35k but y It's around this.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That rules out me and my mighty 12k dps against a combat dummy then...

Lucky I tank;)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That rules out me and my mighty 12k dps against a combat dummy then...

Lucky I tank;)

You must be a very strong tank though, mine does 5-6K at most :D

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 37k on a (non trial) dummy and 44k (single target) in a real dungeon, if mechanics dont make it impossible (like a boss that is untargetable for a while). I dont run trials.
    For me the trick was to have high sustain. Running out of resources is the biggest dps loss I had and realizing that fixed it.

EDIT: This is also just true for my main, which I put the most work and training into, I only get to 30k best on other chars.
    Edited by 5cript on November 19, 2019 2:19PM
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    45k mag 50k stam on the three mil. 75k mag and 80k stam on the trial dummy. Those aren't crazy expectations imo
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    45k mag 50k stam on the three mil. 75k mag and 80k stam on the trial dummy. Those aren't crazy expectations imo

but my stam nb cant hit 80k much less 90k dps without lokkestiiz even thought it's the single target class. Out of all the classes with AOE the stam nb hits the lowest and has no AOE. How does that make sense that the AOE classes hit harder than the single target class? A stam sorc with a 2h has better dps and that's with a lokkestiiz 2h too lul. In other words get lokkestiiz or [snip] because no top trials guild wants a stam guy hitting below 80k.

Also build <diversity>??? whats that. Just pay zos 40 dollars and get lokkestiiz.

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 24, 2019 11:48PM
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    Gulnagel wrote: »
    Hi, I returned after a little break an noticed by dps had droped under 30k from 45-50k on my magsorc.

So I've spent hours trying different skills, CP, rotations and I'm finally back at 43-45k self buffed on a 3 mil dummy, no cheese sets, just eledrain.
    Now my rotation is actually easier than before so that's a big +. But I'm not sure what's required now days for difficult content with all the new DLCs and I'm forced to use a pet, really don't like it but that's how it is now.

Cheese sets? Theres only vAS and vCR where siroria can't be used optimally... I've seen people with over 80k dps on vSS in siroria.... so siroria isnt a cheese set it's a situational set
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cheese sets? Theres only vAS and vCR where siroria can't be used optimally... I've seen people with over 80k dps on vSS in siroria.... so siroria isnt a cheese set it's a situational set

This is true.

If your standing still and DPSing a boss who stands still there isn't much reason not to use it.
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »

but my stam nb cant hit 80k much less 90k dps without lokkestiiz even thought it's the single target class. Out of all the classes with AOE the stam nb hits the lowest and has no AOE. How does that make sense that the AOE classes hit harder than the single target class? A stam sorc with a 2h has better dps and that's with a lokkestiiz 2h too lul. In other words get lokkestiiz or gtfo because no top trials guild wants a stam guy hitting below 80k.

Also build <diversity>??? whats that. Just pay zos 40 dollars and get lokkestiiz.

I hit 84k without lokk though.... on stam necro
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stamcro, switching from DW to 2h did far more for me than getting lokke. I didn't even have the 2h skill line leveled and saw an instant boost.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    morrowjen wrote: »
    As a stamcro, switching from DW to 2h did far more for me than getting lokke. I didn't even have the 2h skill line leveled and saw an instant boost.

Interesting. What sets do you run? I currently run a DW stamcro with Relequen and Leviathan (AY seems to work better on my stamblade). Works pretty well
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. What sets do you run? I currently run a DW stamcro with Relequen and Leviathan (AY seems to work better on my stamblade). Works pretty well

Rele (non-perf) and Lokke (non-perf). I have both DW and 2h lokke weapons + jewelry. DW was an axe and dagger whereas 2h I use a greatsword. I haven't tried leviathan yet but I'm collecting it. I've heard really good things about it. I like DW better in terms of just playing but for me 2h just hits harder.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35k is "ok", 40k is "better", 45k "good", anything above is a bonus. Solo ofc, in groups it will go up a lot.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Rele (non-perf) and Lokke (non-perf). I have both DW and 2h lokke weapons + jewelry. DW was an axe and dagger whereas 2h I use a greatsword. I haven't tried leviathan yet but I'm collecting it. I've heard really good things about it. I like DW better in terms of just playing but for me 2h just hits harder.

Hmm. Have to give it a shot. Thanks

I like Leviathan on my necro. Its basically AY-lite. In my experience, AY works better on my stamblade as there are more melee attacks to stack in that rotation than there are in the necro rotation. I haven't been running the necro as long, so its still a work in progress.

I prefer DW as well. Haven't run a 2H in PVE since the days of the heavy attack builds
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. Have to give it a shot. Thanks

I like Leviathan on my necro. Its basically AY-lite. In my experience, AY works better on my stamblade as there are more melee attacks to stack in that rotation than there are in the necro rotation. I haven't been running the necro as long, so its still a work in progress.

I prefer DW as well. Haven't run a 2H in PVE since the days of the heavy attack builds

No problem and I hope it works for you. Everyone plays a little bit different but I always enjoy trying out new styles to see how they work (or not) for me. Sometimes the experiment fails and sometimes it works but that's part of the fun for me. I never tried AY (I think I might have some in my bank tho) but I've only recently started playing stam builds so I'm pretty big into experimenting with different sets and such right now.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, what do you use for your bow? Right now, I just have a Hunding bow but probably need to upgrade to something else.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar,

Keep Solar barrage and Cloak up and LA with jabs .

Leviathan - 2nd boss in CoH2 drops named Daggers. grabbem

Hulking for sustain or deadly for DPS.

I get 25k -30 with this constistantly.

Atherian has a alot of bosses that stand still. Siroria god for that one....
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still see groups wanting 70K+ for vet dlc +1,+2 etc trials
    Edited by Katahdin on November 20, 2019 1:31AM
    Beta tester November 2013