Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will Nightblades ever be good again for PvE content

foggycreature4
foggycreature4
Soul Shriven
I LOVE NIGHT BLADES.. I really do. When I started playing ESO, my main was (and sorta still is) My Khajitt stamina Nightblade. But over the years the nightblades seem to get more and more outclassed by the other classes to the point that I’m questioning why are they still in the game. I don’t think nightblades are bad, they have proven to be a good class for the solo single target adventurer, but they have passives that can be gained threw in game armor, and to this day the siphon and shadow skill trees seem to serve no purpose. Maybe I’m missing something with how I Build my characters but to me, the night blades just don’t seem as cool or useful now.

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're still decent in PVE but the removal of things like berserk and fracture as well as the introduction of cast times to has made them quite unenjoyable to play imo. Before they used to be fun because they had an interesting toolkit but now they're a shadow of their former selves (no pun intended).
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are still good, you can do all Content on nightblades, nightblade tank is very good Right now and nightblade dps have been the best dps for years (stam until elsweyr, mag until murkmire) so eventually they had to fall a bit, but sooner or later they will return to the top again.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades need a slight buff imo but I’m still enjoying mine a lot more this patch as well. I look forward to the day nbs receive our deserved buffs.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

So you’re better off just deleting the game.

But before you do, send me your stuff.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are still very good class in both solo and group play, if you are facing problems, you should try to watch videos or let others see you dps or know what skills you use, you might be missing something. I can solo almost all world bosses and non dlc vet dungeons that does not require more than one person for mechanics on my magblade.
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No class is bad for PvE content. It's just a matter of learning curve and relative effectiveness.

The latter only matters when you're talking about high-level PvE (i.e. score-pushing trials).
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mine does fine in PVE. Some may not think so but not everyone needs to be an overachiever.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since this patch they reduced the damage and increased the cost of most DoTs and NB is mostly about direct damage (spammable, bow casts, execute), it should be comparatively better than the last one.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had no issues with my stamblade. Yes, the damage is down, but still viable. By no means are they as low as the Stam DK once was
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ease of rotation should effect potential output.

Stamblade isn't difficult, sucks that they're below Stamplar which is just spam jabs, which is all AoE damage too.

But magblade is such a difficult and dynamic rotation and comes out below all Stam Classes and MagNecro/Magsorc.

Needs to be buffed.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost 20-25% of my damage the last patch.
    Groups are still wanting 70K damage for vet trials so you have to be even more of a robot with super exact, precise timing.
    Until that changes, no they won't be good
    Beta tester November 2013
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Nope.

So you’re better off just deleting the game.

But before you do, send me your stuff.

I keep tellin' you, man, they're not givin' you a title at 5k.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    70k wow i been gone too long lol
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...to this day the siphon and shadow skill trees seem to serve no purpose. Maybe I’m missing something with how I Build my characters but to me, the night blades just don’t seem as cool or useful now.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Surprise Attack and Leaching Strikes are both legit to this day. Strife isn't the sheer insanity it used to, but it's still a solid mag spammable.

And of course, the Shadow skill line creates the unusual situaiton where you have a StamDPS getting 5k to their resists every time they fire their spam.

Nightblades are still pretty legit, and there are real applications for them. In group content, Surprise Attack now adds an unnamed buff instead of chucking out major fracture which the tank was already applying.

So, yeah, there are still uses for them. If anyone wants to run them is a different question, but, they still work very nicely.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70k wow i been gone too long lol

70k on a pre-debuffed trail dummy which is more about the amount of damage your build could theoretically do, than what you can actually deliver.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They gutted the class imo. It's not enjoyable anymore.