Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Biting Jabs procs Selene (Dion), but Puncturing sweeps doesn't proc Nerien'eth/Scathing Mage

Blackbird_V
Blackbird_V
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is it like this? Puncturing Strikes and it's morphs are now direct damage and Selene fully works with Biting Jabs (Stam morph), but Puncturing Sweeps (Magicka Morph) doesn't proc Scathing Mage or Nerien'eth, which proc under direct damage (Direct Critical Damage for Scathing Mage). Is this going to be fixed?
Edited by Blackbird_V on November 16, 2019 10:50AM
Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the wrong question, the question is when is it going to be fixed.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it like this? Puncturing Strikes and it's morphs are now direct damage and Selene fully works with Biting Jabs (Stam morph), but Puncturing Sweeps (Magicka Morph) doesn't proc Scathing Mage or Nerien'eth, which proc under direct damage (Direct Critical Damage for Scathing Mage). Is this going to be fixed?

Because Magicka...

This game has been a blatant insult to Magicka for 4,5 years by now (well a bit up and downish, I'll admit). All earlier arguments to keep Magicka under a thumb are now obsolete, yet Magicka still instills fear in the developers, or so it seems.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any official comment on it?
  • TheFamousMockingbird
    Selene’s also doesn’t proc from NB Concealed Weapon. I think the tooltip needs to be updated to say “direct damage STAMINA melee abilities.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know that ZOS' response will be disabling Selene proccing from Jabs or Skoria proccing from Sweeps, right? Yes, the latter still works. Wear Skoria and count your blessings. Don't anger the beast!
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    You know that ZOS' response will be disabling Selene proccing from Jabs or Skoria proccing from Sweeps, right? Yes, the latter still works. Wear Skoria and count your blessings. Don't anger the beast!

Then Puncturing Sweeps would be [snip]. I mean how the [snip] can ele weapon be more dps than a CLASS spammable? Nerf ele weapon if anything.

Fix and buff sweeps goddammit.

Also sgUTzqR.png
    An 8%*

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 19, 2019 1:13AM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then Puncturing Sweeps would be [snip] I mean how the [snip] can ele weapon be more dps than a CLASS spammable? Nerf ele weapon if anything.

Also sgUTzqR.png
    An 8%*
    Not sure whether you are trolling, but I sure hope to god you are joking. No, I am not advocating for a nerf that would disable Skoria. However Sweeps is one of the most ridiculously OP skills in PvP right now with a sky high tooltip. It also constantly procs Burning Light. In PvE templar is by far the easiest class that even I can use to do hard content, such as vDSA. I can't comment on high-end vTrials, but a crying templar? Give me a break.

All I'm saying is that ZOS are prone to doing random incomprehensible things and we may all be better off, if they leave the combat engine alone for a while.

[Edit to match quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 19, 2019 1:14AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No this needs to be fix asap, Zos has a bad habit of changing things and leaving them broken for years.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Gilliamtherogue @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Is this going to be fixed next week? Or next year?
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then Puncturing Sweeps would be sh*t. I mean how the f*ck can ele weapon be more dps than a CLASS spammable? Nerf ele weapon if anything.

Also sgUTzqR.png
    An 8%*
    Not sure whether you are trolling, but I sure hope to god you are joking. No, I am not advocating for a nerf that would disable Skoria. However Sweeps is one of the most ridiculously OP skills in PvP right now with a sky high tooltip. It also constantly procs Burning Light. In PvE templar is by far the easiest class that even I can use to do hard content, such as vDSA. I can't comment on high-end vTrials, but a crying templar? Give me a break.

All I'm saying is that ZOS are prone to doing random incomprehensible things and we may all be better off, if they leave the combat engine alone for a while.

vDSA is not hard content, you could probably do that naked on any class, terrible benchmark for how easy a class is to use.

Pretty sure that the tooltip is also lower than it was before as we can't triple dip CP.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tooltip is pretty much unchanged on my magplar.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So when did sweeps become OP?

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Then Puncturing Sweeps would be sh*t. I mean how the f*ck can ele weapon be more dps than a CLASS spammable? Nerf ele weapon if anything.

Also sgUTzqR.png
    An 8%*

vDSA is not hard content, you could probably do that naked on any class, terrible benchmark for how easy a class is to use.

Pretty sure that the tooltip is also lower than it was before as we can't triple dip CP.

Tooltip is more or less the same. HOWEVER, big however, you have to remove points from Thaumaturge, elf born and/or spell pen, which then lowers dps on other skills.

Sweeps isn't OP. you can mitigate the damage well in PvP with red CP's and a decent set. It procs burning light, sure, but again that can be mitigated in PvP. If it's the heal, then use minor/major defile if you have access to it.

What needs to be done, if anything nerf-wise, is an actual fix. Sweeps says "in front of you" and it can hit enemies a floor above, so the dome-ish effect needs fixing.

I mean I main magplar, I've always advocated for sweeps > any other spammable, but now even I am saying it's bad in PvE.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

So when did sweeps become OP?

When it killed him in PvP.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ LOL
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright boys my workaround for profanity was snipped. Zo$ officially saw the thread. Hopefully was passed on. An answer would be nice.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, dumb question: Which Champion Points affect Jabs again? Thaumaturge or Master at arms?
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, dumb question: Which Champion Points affect Jabs again? Thaumaturge or Master at arms?

Master-at-Arms
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@juhislihis19 Ele Expert or Mighty and things like that as well in case you didn't know - just read the tooltip for the CP and your skills if you need to work them out.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of an acknowledgement or update?
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Any chance of an acknowledgement or update?

I just might change title to Crown Crate Infinite Gem Bug. That'll get a response!
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I should mention that in the update 23 patch notes (where japs first became classified as direct damage), zos specifically stated that some (unnamed at the time) sets where not going to work correctly with it. They followed that statement saying that they would make the appropriate armor sets work with it correctly in a future update. Be on the lookout for Nerien’eth patches in the future, as it will put sweeps back on the map as top spammable for magplars.
    Edited by VoidCommander on December 31, 2019 3:52PM
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I should mention that in the update 23 patch notes (where japs first became classified as direct damage), zos specifically stated that some (unnamed at the time) sets where not going to work correctly with it. They followed that statement saying that they would make the appropriate armor sets work with it correctly in a future update. Be on the lookout for Nerien’eth patches in the future, as it will put sweeps back on the map as top spammable for magplars.

That could be fun. If it works with Scathing as well it could be very interesting and really justify a melee spot.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweeps work with Scathing, worked before too. I used that set but dropped it because i think the Scathing set is bugged itself, for a 20% proc chance it procs pathetically rare.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    sweeps work with Scathing, worked before too. I used that set but dropped it because i think the Scathing set is bugged itself, for a 20% proc chance it procs pathetically rare.

Sweeps doesn't work with Scathing. It does, however, proc from Burning Light. If you remove the Burning Light passive you can spam sweeps all day and get no procs.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweeps doesn't work with Scathing. It does, however, proc from Burning Light. If you remove the Burning Light passive you can spam sweeps all day and get no procs.

oh so that's why i get the ridiculous low chance of proccing? because first it must proc my passive, then my passive must proc a crit, then that crit must proc the set.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh so that's why i get the ridiculous low chance of proccing? because first it must proc my passive, then my passive must proc a crit, then that crit must proc the set.

Exactly that. Instead of each cast of sweeps having 4 hits plus on average 1 burning light proc all with a chance to trigger scathing, only burning light has a chance to proc, so you're getting only 20% of the proc chance you ought to. Given you also need the hit to be a crit and then have only a 20% chance to trigger the set bonus, the uptime is very very low.
    Edited by Altyrann on January 6, 2020 11:19PM