Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buying things that someone has bought already and losing the gold coins

CynicK
CynicK
✭✭✭
So when someone goes to a guild trader and gets a list if someone buys the item before he does it shows a message at the top right that says could not find specified item and the money is discounted but never returned it appears at the bottom right with the quantity you paid as if it was returned but it is not.

This time 2 platinum platings and they have not given me back the money, they told me to fil a bug report, so i do it but i already did some weeks ago, the other times it was more easy they returned the gold coins in a few hours, they say they will get to the bottom of this, it is half a small house so I hope they end up returning it.

I cannot provide screenshots because it happens in a moment and I am never ready for it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I have bought something that someone purchased just before I tried to I did not lose gold.

If you are on PC many can be setup to grab the last few minutes of playtime. Nvidia has means for that so I expect all GPU manufactures have it. The Windows system I have seen on Windows 10 might be able to do it.

Outside of that, just submit a ticket to Zos with all the details, time (and time zone), character, server, etc and what happened. They should be able to review what actually happened.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing on pc and I lose the money every time this happens, the message, the money gets deduced and never given back.

I submited a ticket but told them it was platinum plating instead of chromium plating I mean it so many wierd names I just got confused I updated the ticket and expect a refund this time, I am playing in a laptop and I do not think that recording an playing at the same time would work very well but I will look at it, but it just happens from time to time.

• CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    They lie and say the game reimbursed the money when it did not, the programer says it is to make me angry he also finds offensive you pretend he comitted mistakes while programing this game and yes it is very offensive. Be carful not to offend his friends, they all came here.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    CynicK wrote: »
    They lie and say the game reimbursed the money when it did not, the programer says it is to make me angry he also finds offensive you pretend he comitted mistakes while programing this game and yes it is very offensive. Be carful not to offend his friends, they all came here.
    The remarks quoted above do not, as a whole, make any sense. It would be helpful if you would upgrade your writing skills, and avoid "run-on sentences". Personally, I doubt that you communicated with anyone who is a TESO programmer. But only with one or more members of the Bethesda Support team instead. (Some of their Support "associates" are not very good at their job, in my experience, but others are much more interested and adept.)

First, in your OP and since, you have not disclosed the platform and mega-server on which the problem occurs. Please read and follow the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum when you report a problem which you believe to be a "bug" in the game software.

From your remarks, you must have disclosed that information to Bethesda Support, because they would not have been able to investigate the problem without it. However, your remark:
    it shows a message at the top right that says could not find specified item and the money is discounted but never returned
    is questionable. In my experience, when the game client cannot find the item which is listed for the Guild Store, its cost in Gold Pieces is not deducted from the Bags of the character which you are playing. That is, the number of Gold Pieces which are in the Bags that is shown in the lower right corner of the UI never changes at all (unless and until a purchased item is found and stored in the character's Bags).

Are you running an add-on such as Awesome Guild Store or Arkadius Trade Tools when you access a Guild Store? If you are, then it might have an error in reporting how many Gold Pieces are in the character's Bags after a listed item is not found. If you are not using an add-on, then the error which you allege occurs with the native ESO Guild Store UI unmodified.

For proof, you should take a screenshot before each time you buy an item, then take another one if and when your attempt to buy that item fails. Doing this will, of course, result in an accumulation of screenshots which you will need to delete from time-to-time if their items were found.

But, of course, keep the screenshot that you made before an item that you attempted to buy was not found. Then, a screenshot taken after the purchase failed can be compared to the screenshot taken before the purchase was attempted. The comparison will show whether the cost of the item was deducted, or the number of Gold Pieces in the Bags remains the same.

Making screenshots to document the game software, and add-on, behavior? I have been there, done that, and have a huge collection archived to show for it. Making and managing screenshots soon becomes a habit that is tedious and time-consuming. But when screenshots show an error which the Support team and the ZOS programmers cannot deny, they must eventually do something about it. Then making the screenshots proves to be worthwhile. :smile:

Good luck.

Edited by Shadowshire on November 18, 2019 12:43AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi