The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Let us use all our houses. Playing with portals.

Trowzers
Trowzers
Soul Shriven
So we have all these wonderful houses and wonderful furnishings, but we can only show off one of them at a time (without addins). That seems crazy to me, considering that houses seem to be a major coin and crown sink for ESO, so why would they not let us capitalise on that by showing off all our creations?

My suggestion to solve the issue is to create a configurable portal or door for us to place in our houses.

How it would work: When you place the item in your house, a dialogue appears which allows you to pick one of your existing houses. After placement, the furniture item works like other portals and doors in ESO, but instead transports you to the front entrance of the chosen house.

Not only would this allow people to visit other houses by creating a 'lobby' house with portals to your other houses, it would have huge benefits for guild participation in labyrinths, treasure hunts, parkour and other guild events, as they could now span multiple homes instead of just the one. I've seen some very clever and fun uses of houses for guild events, so I can only imagine what interesting things people would do if they could use multiple homes.

Bonus: The portal doors themselves would most likely be a premium item, either in the crown store, or through the master writ vendor or as an achievement award etc (or all of those options). I imagine it would be easy enough to make a bunch of different types are there are already many, many existing models for doors and portals in the game. But I do think at least one basic type should be non-crown, as it's real value is in encouraging people to buy and decorate multiple houses, so you don't want to discourage that.

I suppose you could also have portals that go to other people's houses, but issues with permissions etc might make that less practical for guild events. It would be nice to have a portal to a guild house, or between a guild house and hang-out house, especially if they ever give us any interactive furniture that makes hanging out in houses more fun. But I think the first and easiest step would be portals between our own houses.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    See EHT, which has this.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1k0n1h43gwb6.png

example of an eht portal in one of my homes
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Trowzers
    Trowzers
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I'm hoping a few of the things in EHT end up being adopted, but EHT is a rather huge addin that most people are not going to install.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea @Trowzers !
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The design we should have gotten is us being able to submit keys to anyone we choose. The keys would be different levels just as we have different levels of access now.

I cannot think of a reason why we do not have a much better UI built into the game other than the current housing UI was probably pretty easy to build.

Edit: essentially we would be able to look at our UI and see the houses we have a key for.
    Edited by idk on November 15, 2019 5:38AM
  • Trowzers
    Trowzers
    Soul Shriven
    sueblue wrote: »
    Love this idea @Trowzers !

Thanks Sueblue! After seeing some of your houses, I definitely know you'd take advantage of this!

@idk, maybe I'm not understanding, but that sounds very complicated. When you have lots of friends with lots of houses, and then lots of guilds with lots of members with lots of houses, the list could get very, very long.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any means to allow a player to choose which of the many homes another player has will mean they have a lot of homes to choose from. Maybe you have not thought through your own suggestion/
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea as well.
    example of an eht portal in one of my homes

Complimentary Orc pic ...

swudg4y.png