The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do something about Templars

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a nerf Templar thread.

Mashing one button/key should never guarantee a win 100% of the time. Something needs to be done about Jabs spam.

--Apparently required but most likely futile explanation cause everyone thinks I'm crying.--

In the last couple months it has been noticed (not by just me), that PvP has seen an increase in players running Templar characters, mostly StamPlars. Not only has the number of Templar players increased, but the same rotation is being used in every fight. Toppling Charge > Crescent Sweep > Puncturing Sweep till dead. I've watched, and been a part of numerous fights where Templars use this rotation and always come out on top, including from my own faction. I'm not being biased. I could've just shut up and let my friendlies abuse this same thing for our benefit but I wanted to call this out. And yes, it's abuse. Everyone knows it works great which is why they use it. It's the new hot flavor. All you have to do is spam a couple buttons to win, and apparently people call that skill. And yes, I've played a StamPlar before. Went into Cyrodiil with Spriggans and Automaton once and spent some good time chewing people down with Jabs and saw how easy it was compared to NB play.

I don't even know what should be done, nor if it would consist of a direct nerf, though if it ruined this easy playstyle for people I guess it'd be a nerf regardless. But competitive Multiplayer should never have a "That was easy" I win button/rotation for every scenario.
Edited by ArchMikem on November 16, 2019 1:57AM
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it bad that whenever someone posts a nerf thread without specifics and examples, I just assume its a L2Play issue or whining because someone killed the OP?

What's your specific issue with Jabs and how/why are you (and presumably others?) losing 100% of the time?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it bad that whenever someone posts a nerf thread without specifics and examples, I just assume its a L2Play issue or whining because someone killed the OP?

No, I think it’s a reasonable reaction. One I share.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's your specific issue with Jabs and how/why are you (and presumably others?) losing 100% of the time?

We both have our mind sets. If i were to use a recording of the Templars youd most like nit pick at my play skill and still call it a L2P issue. But im not the only player who's noticed the mass surge in Templars in PvP, and all they have to do is buff and spam Jabs.
    Edited by ArchMikem on November 14, 2019 2:08AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What class are you playing? I can tell you how to deal with Jabspammers.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Stamblade.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The snare should just be eliminated on the Sweeps morph.

Reason being is class gap closer is available and very much utilized on magicka.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

Stamblade.

Cast shadow image just when they are about to use Jabs, dodge away from the Jabber to make distance, if possible blockcast a heal and teleport back to Shade.

A demonstration
    Edited by susmitds on November 14, 2019 2:36AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played 3 BG matches tonight.

On my first deathmatch of the night, against some players in my own BG guild, (who were either duo or trio queuing), as a Stamplar, I went 0 kills and 1 death. The match was just a giant circle jerk of BRP resto heals that made me want to rage quit out of the pure futile nature of the match.

In my third match of the night, playing the same Stamplar, I had 23 kills and 1 death. I literally carried the team. I received several whispers, from team mates and opposing players, asking what sets I was using.

So what was the difference? Did my Stamplar magically become a God among BG players? Or did I end up in a match against a bunch of Stamblade noobs?

I guess we’ll never really know....

uc?id=1t3Qmcsg-M-Ys0erU0hKPl4tGH_l2P4DG

... but I’m willing to bet I do know which players from those matches would come here crying for Nerfs.

Edited by ChunkyCat on November 14, 2019 2:55AM
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play a PVE healer templar, when you guys ask for nerfs we suffer. You got your wish with sorcs, so much I had to retire that toon. Find something that beats or counters the thing that's killing you.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akdave0 wrote: »
    I play a PVE healer templar, when you guys ask for nerfs we suffer. You got your wish with sorcs, so much I had to retire that toon. Find something that beats or counters the thing that's killing you.

How would a nerf to jabs affect your Healing.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    akdave0 wrote: »

How would a nerf to jabs affect your Healing.

I play a hybrid heal-FB DPS-BB I cant support when I need to if jabs get taken away. It has a strong self-heal attached when I go dps/support. Nerfing it kills me. What ZOS needs to do, is make an expansion that is solely PVP and that will fix all the problems of trying to juggle two games in one. I hear what all you guys are saying, but the PVE sandbox suffers when cries for nerfs are implemented.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a templar main, I support this claim! Lol, kidding, I am neither of those things, I dont even HAVE a templar toon! I do notice jabs on my death recap a bit more now, but I think thats more because ambush and incap strike and comparatively fewer.

Meh, just a game :) I’m sure when ppl see my “relelquen” stacks on their recap they get itchy too.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I played 3 BG matches tonight.

On my first deathmatch of the night, against some players in my own BG guild, (who were either duo or trio queuing), as a Stamplar, I went 0 kills and 1 death. The match was just a giant circle jerk of BRP resto heals that made me want to rage quit out of the pure futile nature of the match.

In my third match of the night, playing the same Stamplar, I had 23 kills and 1 death. I literally carried the team. I received several whispers, from team mates and opposing players, asking what sets I was using.

So what was the difference? Did my Stamplar magically become a God among BG players? Or did I end up in a match against a bunch of Stamblade noobs?

I guess we’ll never really know....

uc?id=1t3Qmcsg-M-Ys0erU0hKPl4tGH_l2P4DG

... but I’m willing to bet I do know which players from those matches would come here crying for Nerfs.

so what sets were u using
    at a place nobody knows
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about no
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another nerf.com you people are wimps...

Nerfsorc.com
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New moon/Spinners or Spriggan. BldSpwn on both. Basic set up for any class to do good. Wonder if deadly would be better for stamplar instead of new moon.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jabs are fine.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a nerf Stamplar thread yeah, not Magplar?

Also:
    We both have our mind sets. If i were to use a recording of the Templars youd most like nit pick at my play skill and still call it a L2P issue. But im not the only player who's noticed the mass surge in Templars in PvP, and all they have to do is buff and spam Jabs.

That's fairly important IMO - People who aren't at the top, shouldn't be making nerf requests.

You're Xbox Eu right, I feel like I've seen your name before? Where's this mass surge in Templars? I literally see a couple Templars now. If you look around on Xbox Eu what you'll see is a horde of Stam Dk's, Stam Wardens and Stam Sorcs on Off balance heavy attack and ult builds. That's literally ALL you see on Xbox Eu now and I am happy to make recordings of it if you want it, dno where you're getting 'mass surge in Templars' from - Nearly every single one of them dipped the moment this patch dropped, as expected.

The 'Set enemy off balance when you dodge an attack' CP passive, combined especially with DK's personal buffs is giving them 13k leaps, crazy weave damage and they still have big damage in dizzy/executioner. The other classes 3 button rotations you can figure out for yourself but they're all clones of each other, and they ARE everywhere, unlike Templars.
    Edited by BNOC on November 14, 2019 10:31AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the major problem is the healing. a lot of healing combined with 30k hp heavy armor builds and on top a lot of burst dmg, is a rly terrible meta. But lets see what next patch will bring.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    the major problem is the healing. a lot of healing combined with 30k hp heavy armor builds and on top a lot of burst dmg, is a rly terrible meta. But lets see what next patch will bring.

Clip of this insane all-round build in action please?

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

maybe just wtach the non cp smallscale groups on EU
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm part of one, show me this all round super build please because I want to use it as well - Every patch I have to sacrifice on some of those things you mentioned (Especially to get big burst) so I'd love to know how the others you see are running super builds.

You're not another one of those people who doesn't actually know anything but still gives it big licks, are you?

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't blame them,
    After the nerftain every class needs a spammable
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mashing one button/key should never guarantee a win 100% of the time. Something needs to be done about Jabs spam.

You mean, no heal while jabbing....
    That might sound good for PvP but in PvE it's bad.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm part of one, show me this all round super build please because I want to use it as well - Every patch I have to sacrifice on some of those things you mentioned (Especially to get big burst) so I'd love to know how the others you see are running super builds.

You're not another one of those people who doesn't actually know anything but still gives it big licks, are you?

maybe just search on YT "eso pvp dragonhold" and u will find a ton of builds an vids, or do u think i will write u a guide?
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think stamblade just needs a buff rather then nerf templar but then again if I have 2 even half decent magplars on me in cyrodiil I can’t x them lool
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe just search on YT "eso pvp dragonhold" and u will find a ton of builds an vids, or do u think i will write u a guide?

Ok, so you don't actually know at all, what a shock.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not usually one to shout nerf, but coming face to face with a decent Templar focusing jabs, is a nightmare. Any average/inexperienced player gets eviscerated in short order.

But of course, jabs are excellent in pve... just another example of how difficult it is to balance pve and pvp.

The answer cannot be to nerf the hell out of enjoyable, functional skills in pve. There must be another way...
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop the PVP Whine. My, my can't you just play the game and stop crying for nerfs all the time?
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not usually one to shout nerf, but coming face to face with a decent Templar focusing jabs, is a nightmare. Any average/inexperienced player gets eviscerated in short order.

There's the real issue.

Take that same average/inexperienced player and stick them infront of any decent player using their spammable or the equivalent that's being used as a spammable - Nothing will change and in fact, they'll probably die even faster.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA