The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finally dedicated a toon for just PVP advice

jazsper77
jazsper77
✭✭✭✭✭
So I’ve been playing since beta and usually only hit Cyrodiil for Golden, Events,AP or Transmute. But I’ve decided to spend more time there as I’ve done pretty much all overland stuff.

Templar- Magicka
5xPariah weapons and jewelry
5x Bright Throat
2x Groth

Had all this gear on my mules and figured it would work pretty decent.

Looking for tips on a rotation and any gear suggestions you may have.

Thx as always
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m still figuring out templar myself so I’m interested in seeing what people think.

At first glance Pariah might be a little overkill defensively. I’ve been using Transmutation as my back bar set and found I’m tanky enough because Templars have good self healing.

Pariah’s a good set, it’s typically used by 1vX builds where people are trying to prevent getting bursted against multiple people, so don’t misunderstand and think I’m saying it’s not a good pvp set.

So far I’ve been playing Fire Destro/Resto (or Fire/Ice).

I’ve setup for BGs and solo as:

Vampire’s Bane - Purifying Light - Toppling Charge - Sweeps - Elemental Drain Ult: Crescent Sweeps

Honour the Dead - X (undecided) - Ritual (undecided on the morph) - Channeled Focus - Elusive Mist - Ult: Undecided between replenishing barrier, temporal guard and Light’s Champion

I’m still tinkering with my setup because you need a damage ability on your back bar to proc the weapon enchant, and trying to decide about minor force on my back bar.

For burst combo: Ele drain - Purifying Light - Vampire Bane - Toppling - Crescent - Sweeps spam. Again I’m still tinkering with it because I’m newish to the class.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda on the same path as you, I think I had destructive clench instead of ele drain as a possibility.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have a dedicated PVP only character since I generally play BG's and CP doesn't matter in them so I just change sets and skills. Sets for templar I like Transmutation as my defensive set and have been using BSW as my other set along with Groth. Thinking about making a new moon set to see how I like it over BSW.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll a Sorc.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    13 toons s enough lol . Never again will I brave the Alikr Dolman train.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    13 toons s enough lol . Never again will I brave the Alikr Dolman train.

Skyreach is much faster than the Dolman train. Lvl 3 to lvl 50 in less than 4 hours without Double EXP event running.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    try spinners instead of Pariah
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have s full set of that also
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spinners is better then BSW yea.

I’m going to try this, I don’t know if you’ll find it helpful. Thinking of trying new moon acolyte and the way I set it up helps mitigate the cost increase.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=190702

Otherwise I use spinners now.

Bar setup is a work in progress, DW is for higher tooltips and I’m noticing with lag my light attacks don’t fire anyways.

Ele drain’s good too. Think of it as potentially 600 mag recovery and an 8% damage buff.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 12, 2019 1:16PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll check it out
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your specific gear sets aren’t that important, there’s about two dozen top tier sets that are are almost exactly as good as eachother and you can mix-n-match them at your leisure.

The important things are practice and comfort with the build (keeping buffs up, not going into panic mode) and making sure that your stats are within acceptable ranges, like having enough regen and health without overkilling either.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 13, 2019 4:48PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar- Magicka
    5xPariah weapons and jewelry
    5x Bright Throat
    2x Groth

Thumbs up. Go have fun.

• jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty !
  • Nervani
    Nervani
    ✭✭✭
    Roll a Sorc.

This is now a #NerfSorc thread :trollface:
    PC-EU/NA @Nervani (+17 other accounts)XB1-EU @Nervani4710instagram.com/nervanihq[The Lollipop Gang] - (PC-EU) Founder/Guildmaster[Crazy Elves] - (PC-EU) Founder[Casual Rascals] - (PC-EU, PC-NA, XBOX1-EU) Founder
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nervani wrote: »
    Roll a Sorc.

This is now a #NerfSorc thread :trollface:

I don’t think we need one. Sorcs are obviously OP, the devs would have to have their head up their butts to not realize it at this point.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still remember the Elder Staffs Online days lol.

But seriously gonna put some time in Cryo this weekend. Gotta start working towards that Legate Black Dye 😁
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still remember the Elder Staffs Online days lol.

But seriously gonna put some time in Cryo this weekend. Gotta start working towards that Legate Black Dye 😁

Nice, here are some tips though some of my advice people will hate me saying because people always try to get others to play in a way to their advantage:

- solo if you want to learn your class, getting stomped repeatedly is a learning exercise
    - roll in a group of you want to farm AP. Gains are a lot higher
    - Most groups bait random players to farm them. Stay out of all choke points, half the time people retreat they’re just baiting people into a choke to Ult dump them
    - Back bar a resto, almost all new players don’t heal themselves enough
    - Stay back and away from other players. Groups will target clusters
    - Use siege and a lot of it. A siege weapon will do more damage then any one player can ever do
    - Restart your PC every 3 hours. Performance drops fast in Cyrodiil
    - Stay with your group, but not on top of your group
    - The ignore button is your number 1 tool for having a pleasurable experience in cyrodiil. Use it judiciously though because those players are on your team whether you like it or not

There are lots of spazzy people but you come across as pretty chill. Have fun and don’t take things too seriously.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 16, 2019 3:15PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the tips
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thx for the tips

No problem, pvp healing is my specialty so if you want advice in that area I can be more specific. Templar’s a very well rounded class and can adapt to fit almost all roles.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 16, 2019 5:04PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair