Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

fortified brass

BoaNoite
BoaNoite
✭✭
the set fortified brass now shows armor for the set bonus. Is that still the same as phys and spell resistance or is it nerfed with this recent patch? thanks
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities and item sets that grant Physical and Spell Resistances now grant an equal amount of both as a singular stat – Armor – rather than 2 separate stats.

Read more about it in the patch notes.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497974/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-2-5-dragonhold-update-24#latest
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It got nerfed... No one knows why but ZOS is ZOS.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

it is very clear why, it was overbuget for the armor it provided. simple. before you had 2975 spell or physical resists. now you get 1487 of both on a set bonus, to mirror the spell/physical penetration set bonus. since we know that ZoS wants 5 piece set to be 2.31x the set bonus, that leaves the 3460 to be the correct one to have on brass. brass is now the exact armor/resists mirror of hundings/julianos. 129 weapon/spell multiplied by 2.31 is ~299. it is also the mirror for spriggan/spriggans.

the reason is clear. the 5 piece set bonus was over budget. a 5 piece is, by ZoSs own statements, suppose to be 2.31x a single set bonus. and since a single set bonus of armor is now 1487 armor, both spell and physical, the 5170 resists from brass needed to be lower to 3460 to have the set adhere to ZoSs stated goal. whether you agree with this goal, is another ball of wax.

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't matter what it says, the set serves no purpose. 1k health and the same amount of armour as an armour potion.

Decon it all and use a decent set.
    PC EU
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS has been putting much stronger defensive bonuses on sets then offensive bonuses for a long time. This change is just bringing the 5 piece in line with sets like spinner and spriggain.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 8, 2019 6:07PM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

it is very clear why, it was overbuget for the armor it provided. simple. before you had 2975 spell or physical resists. now you get 1487 of both on a set bonus, to mirror the spell/physical penetration set bonus. since we know that ZoS wants 5 piece set to be 2.31x the set bonus, that leaves the 3460 to be the correct one to have on brass. brass is now the exact armor/resists mirror of hundings/julianos. 129 weapon/spell multiplied by 2.31 is ~299. it is also the mirror for spriggan/spriggans.

the reason is clear. the 5 piece set bonus was over budget. a 5 piece is, by ZoSs own statements, suppose to be 2.31x a single set bonus. and since a single set bonus of armor is now 1487 armor, both spell and physical, the 5170 resists from brass needed to be lower to 3460 to have the set adhere to ZoSs stated goal. whether you agree with this goal, is another ball of wax.

I shouldn't need an advanced math degree to figure out my armor :/
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »

Basic multiplication is advanced math now? SMH
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »

You're in the wrong game if you feel overwhelmed by a little math. This game is all numbers man.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand the numbers behind the nerf even though I disagree with the nerf itself. Never used Fortified Brass but have used Pariah. Among most of the people I know in-game, Pariah has always been considered superior to Brass (even pre nerf Brass). Then we have 2 piece weapon sets like Blackrose Resto and DW that are much more impactful than Brass, a 5pc set.

That appears fine at first glance since 2pc sets have always been a little over-budgeted. But then why did they remove 1pc bonus from vMA and Arena weapons and not Blackrose?

TL;DR: Their balancing efforts often trend towards heavy-handed and inconsistent.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't sweat it; Pariah is much better!!!
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

.TL;DR: Their balancing efforts often trend towards heavy-handed and inconsistent.

I disagree with this. They are being pretty clear about the way zos wants their game.
    Then we have 2 piece weapon sets like Blackrose Resto and DW that are much more impactful than Brass, a 5pc set.

The resto and dw are behind content though, you have to earn them, even if you think nbrp is trival, brass is a crafted, anyone can craft it, so the weapon sets ought to be more impactful.

• Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .TL;DR: Their balancing efforts often trend towards heavy-handed and inconsistent.

I disagree with this. They are being pretty clear about the way zos wants their game.
    Then we have 2 piece weapon sets like Blackrose Resto and DW that are much more impactful than Brass, a 5pc set.

The resto and dw are behind content though, you have to earn them, even if you think nbrp is trival, brass is a crafted, anyone can craft it, so the weapon sets ought to be more impactful.

I would disagree, putting “more powerful” sets in the game isn’t the design of ESO, weapon sets should be another option and never a straight upgrade.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would disagree, putting “more powerful” sets in the game isn’t the design of ESO, weapon sets should be another option and never a straight upgrade.

Like, yes it is, that is why every DPS has a vMA staff/bow or master bow. You give up a lot to run a weapon, so it best be a straight upgrade.

I just noticed this is in the PvP section, look, pvp especially, you need good reasons that I just not run 2 five piece sets, so weapon sets need to do better then a second 5 piece.

Also, I never said "more powerful", the phrase was "more impactful".
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didn't help you kill things before, it doesn't now. 2/10 useless set, imo.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like, yes it is, that is why every DPS has a vMA staff/bow or master bow. You give up a lot to run a weapon, so it best be a straight upgrade.

I just noticed this is in the PvP section, look, pvp especially, you need good reasons that I just not run 2 five piece sets, so weapon sets need to do better then a second 5 piece.

The weapons need to be worse than a second 5 piece since you can do backbar/frontbar setups to run a weapon and get the full value of a 5 piece. Making the weapons overly strong gives a disadvantage to builds that can’t make good use of one of the arena weapons.

Or is the current PvE meta to run vMA without a frontbar 5set?
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 8, 2019 11:33PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The weapons need to be worse than a second 5 piece since you can do backbar/frontbar setups to run a weapon and get the full value of a 5 piece. Making the weapons overly strong gives a disadvantage to builds that can’t make good use of one of the arena weapons.

They need to be better then a five piece at least 50% of the time, so it makes sense to back bar them. Come on man, that is what we are talking about, not this herr der front bar vMA weapons durr stuff.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to be better then a five piece at least 50% of the time, so it makes sense to back bar them. Come on man, that is what we are talking about, not this herr der front bar vMA weapons durr stuff.

The benefit of “Modify X Ability” has functional 100% uptime since you obviously have that ability on the same bar that the weapon is slotted. And there’s plenty of 5sets, like Briarheart or Seventh Legion, that carry their effect onto both bars.

In some cases, such as Master’s Bow in PvP builds, or vMA in PvE, the benefit of the weapon has literal 100% uptime as well since the weapon effect carries onto the other bar.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So yo think it's balanced to have 2pc monster set, 2x5pc sets + 1,5pc set from backbar? It doesn't look balanced.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it was needed because it completely outclasses armor master. Why use a armor skill for 10 seconds of buff when you could just run fortified brass and have it forever. Other then Magicka builds with harness Magicka I couldn't see much use.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switch to Nord + Armor Potion. Then you can run whatever you want for your 5 piece sets!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like new moon, AY, sorria, relequen, vo, speel stratigest...etc. only reason for people to use a certain set even though its 2,3, and 4 piece are bad is because the 5th piece is worth using. If by zos standard, a 5 pieces is to be 2.31x single set bonus then they should prabably rework every ser in the game. Fyi, armor master was giving almost an equal amount of resistance as brass fortified, one was nerf and other stayed the same.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi, armor master was giving almost an equal amount of resistance as brass fortified, one was nerf and other stayed the same.

Armour master requires a slot and a cast incl. its cost. Brass is plain and permanent. master is 9 traits, brass is 4 traits.

The difference of 5280 - 3460 is 1820 and reduces damage for 2-3% less. The sky is not really falling.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brass is now useless. That is all guys. Have fun with your math while no one use the set in practice.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It got nerfed because defensive sets > offensive sets. Spriggans gives 3450 pen while brass gave 5k resistances. Now brass gives 3460 resistances so it's equal with offensive sets such as spriggans or spinners.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that they nerfed it, Armor Master is good again ;)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

It got nerfed because defensive sets > offensive sets. Spriggans gives 3450 pen while brass gave 5k resistances. Now brass gives 3460 resistances so it's equal with offensive sets such as spriggans or spinners.

:crickets: looking at pariah, NMA, BRP DW and resto :scratchingmyhead: I don't think we should balance sets like this, because some things are scaling and calculating differently.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer I thought this was about fortified bras, such a let down.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

:crickets: looking at pariah, NMA, BRP DW and resto :scratchingmyhead: I don't think we should balance sets like this, because some things are scaling and calculating differently.

You could also say that the changes to brass are inline with that changes to the protective trait but now it is very hard to justify sets like armor master, Pariah , Bloodspawn etc... Nords resistance passives are also a rule breaker now compared to other races strongest passive. 1 moster set bonus resistance passive(pirate skeleton) are almost the same as 5 set bonus resistance(brass). So ya, the standards for resistances are all over the place.

It is a strange change. Even pre-nerf brass was just an OK set, nothing more. I wounder if this is the first step toward more change to other resistances bonuses in the game.

• ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% wrong.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

100% wrong.

Very convincing argument. I recant everything.
    now it is very hard to justify sets like armor master, Pariah , Bloodspawn

Armor master- you need to use a specific skill every 10 seconds to get the buff.

Pariah- you need to take damage to get the buff

Bloodspawn- 6% chance to get buff on damage.

All these are very different then the free ~5100 resists brass used to give.

.Nords resistance passives are also a rule breaker now compared

So funny to see this after years of 6% flat damage mitigation from nords being considered the worst class passive.
    .1 moster set bonus resistance passive(pirate skeleton) are almost the same as 5 set bonus resistance(brass).

I tried to draw attention to this matter on the pts but no one responded, this is like slimecraw giving 7.6% spell and weapon crit. Or molag Kena giving 258 spell and weapon damage. Resists on monster helms, those being Chudan , Lord warden and pirate skeleton need to be the same 1487 resists as a 2-4 piece bonus.

. So ya, the standards for resistances are all over the place.

They are in a much better spot now that they agree what the base is, 1487 armor, and that a permanent five piece like brass is 2.31* that. I mean, if you think resists are the only thing "all over the place, that do you think of BSW? Of elemental succession? Of all these spell/weapon damage sets that give various amounts?
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 23, 2019 2:48PM