The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Future in Next 2-3 Years

• Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think i found their roadmap.

spaghetti_code3_blog-illustrations-768x576.png
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine EU will just die and maybe 1 more year of whatever nerfs fun stripping and then goes totally free to download and play because everyone left til it dies off...
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it doesn't have a future, if it continues the way it's going.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim (several zones), Blackreach, Solstheim, Black Marsh (several zones), Hammerfell (several zones), Oblivion, Akaviri (a whole continent)

We most likely we'll visit some of the places above... Not much content left for the AD to be honest, but plenty for EP / DC.
    Something innovative? Larger dungeons / trials / arena groups. Mount battles. New skill lines / races / classes.

Also maybe a 3 new PvP zones out of the 5 large zone of each alliance can't be completely excluded, nor a PvE version of Cyrodiil.
    Edited by deleted008293 on November 9, 2019 12:52AM
  • Pennylong
    Pennylong
    ✭✭✭
    EU players may have finally logged in after a 3 year loading screen.
  • Heyodude
    Heyodude
    ✭✭✭
    ashes of creation is coming for eso's best players.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolutely yes

but it will be accessible at all levels and story based, kinda like oregon trail, but more forgiving

Man please you don't know what will happen. Just wait and see.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    As we do not have ESO Roadmap from Developers, will it be alive in next 2-3 Years?
    Minimum effort content with heavy emphasis on the crown-store. Competitively (PvE and PvP) ESO is a dead MMO and there is no reason to salvage that since performance will never be fixed and other MMOs (WoW and FF) are years ahead of dungeon/raid design.

This makes me wonder how much of a money grab ESO was.
    Was it mainly to just bring in new temporary faces and have them casually pley?

Over world content and exploration is so so watered down compared to other TES games it’s almost a joke.

And yes competitively speaking, end game never has or will truly be in the game
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    This game is at the top of the MMO market. It technically has more players than World of Warcraft (though not more subscribers, obviously) with approximately 13 million players; ~3 million active players per month, probably more, as the last statistic (2.5 million) came out two years ago and the game has only grown since then. MMOs may not be the most lucrative genre anymore, but they're still very profitable. This game will not only be alive 2-3 years from now, but it'll likely be larger than ever. Unless ZOS royally screws up, this game has virtually limitless potential.
    Edited by jaekobcaed on November 9, 2019 6:33AM
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerfs - buffs - nerfs again - players leave - housing simulator. That's the future
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "This game is at the top of the MMO market."
    Lol no.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine EU will just die and maybe 1 more year of whatever nerfs fun stripping and then goes totally free to download and play because everyone left til it dies off...

And this type of opinion of the game has been proven false so many times over the past 6 years it is funny to see players still make this call.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyodude wrote: »
    ashes of creation is coming for eso's best players.

ROTFLMAO

sure it is.

It is and always was a scam to make yet another Battle Royal game.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Blaqk_EyeD
    Blaqk_EyeD
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Nerfs - buffs - nerfs again - players leave - housing simulator. That's the future

It's called balancing. With the massive amount of content continually rolling out it's inevitable. Eso has more content and story than any mmo and we get more stuff to do every quarter. If you want a game that you can play a week and have best in slot gear that will stay bis for years you know where you can go.
    MagSorc JuliNecroIlam 7TraitCrafter
    XboxNA: "Blaqk EyeD"
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blaqk_EyeD wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »

It's called balancing. With the massive amount of content continually rolling out it's inevitable. Eso has more content and story than any mmo and we get more stuff to do every quarter. If you want a game that you can play a week and have best in slot gear that will stay bis for years you know where you can go.

Sorry, but buffing something by 50-70% and then nerfing it by 200+% three months later has nothing to do with the word "balancing".
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zeni can promise anything but if actions are louder than words then 3 years from now the ESO world will have more zombies than players.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't played in six weeks. Chrome suggested pages on my phone showed this thread. Page 2 of this thread speaks to exactly why I stopped playing. The "balance" team has ruined this game. The constant flip flopping and lack of direction has removed any fun I had.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Eso has more content and story than any mmo[...]"
    Wrong.
    Example:
    WoW - BfA
    Release date: 14. August 2018
    Total amount of raids: 4
    Total amount of raid bosses: 27
    Total amount of dungeons: 10

All of the content above have 4 different difficulties with additional "challenge modes"

Here goes your theory about "more content than any other mmo".
    Edited by Facefister on November 10, 2019 8:03PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love how people keep crying that eso us dead yet they have no facts. From where I stand as someone who HELPS NEW PEOPLE, it's been getting more and more busy. Sure the "tryhards" leave but majority of the playerbase are casual gamers. And most of the people i talk to in all my guilds are not effected by nerfs as we are mmo vets who dont demand to be spoon fed. Most people complaining are mad cause they cant solo content that was ORIGINALLY not meant to be soloed. Or they lost their OP pvp build.

Sure losing or changing your build sucks but it's a tale as old as time when it comes to mmos.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Eso has more content and story than any mmo[...]"
    Wrong.
    Example:
    WoW - BfA
    Release date: 14. August 2018
    Total amount of raids: 4
    Total amount of raid bosses: 27
    Total amount of dungeons: 10

All of the content above have 4 different difficulties with additional "challenge modes"

Here goes your theory about "more content than any other mmo".

Wow is also vastly aged and out dated in terms of combat. Still a good game and yes it gas more "content" but when it comes to pve casual story and questing its boring as hell. Least eso keeps it entertaining the first run though. Wow and ffxiv questing bore me to tears. Ffxiv is fetch quest simulator king.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only because it's tab-target doesn't mean it's slow paced. Current WoW is as fast as ESO maybe even faster. Just because you don't click frantically your left mouse button doesn't mean it's slow. PvE casual questing in ESO is by far the most mind-numbing experience in any MMO, there is a reason why many people complain about Overland content being extremely underwhelming.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    OFC not , eso will die BUT ... if aliens don't eat us by then we can play Fallout in real life since world war 3 gonna start ... like very soon

p.s. lets just hope it's not as buggy as bethesda's fallout
    Edited by ebix_ on November 10, 2019 8:48PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    doubtful if the trend they have set as of lately continues
  • Valamist
    Valamist
    ✭✭✭
    I would bet there is a road map. I would say we have even seen hints of what next year's story will be in Dragonhold... the thing is we just do not know about it yet. Just like how we did not know about Season of the Dragon.
    The future of ESO...

What we want:
    H4C7uWR.gif

What we get:
    rImH4Lc.jpg

I do not want a tank... unless its some sort of kaiju battle with the Numidium. Now that would be cool!
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will follow Fallout 76 monetisation in a year or Two.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they significantly improve performance, Yes. If they don't, then No.
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    "This game is at the top of the MMO market."
    Lol no.

Yes. ESO has 13 million players with, at the very least, about 2.5 million active players per month (probably quite a bit more, as that's a two-year-old statistic and the game has only grown since then). No other MMO aside from WoW and Guild Wars 2 can claim statistics that high these days and WoW really only has those numbers around the time a new expansion comes out.

Whether you like the idea or not, ESO is at the top of the MMO market and there isn't any denying that. It may not necessarily be the number one MMO (I believe it is, but that's based more on estimation than fact), but there's no denying that it's in the top echelon of the MMO market.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    ESO will follow Fallout 76 monetisation in a year or Two.

Fallout 76 has a very similar form of monetization, except that you get all content updates for free unlike ESO, where you pay for DLCs and chapters. If anything, 76's monetization is a much nicer and player-friendly content model than ESO, and that's coming from a dude who absolutely adores this game.
    [PC/NA]
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    Serious question tho, do you have like 2-3 years roadmap from other MMOs like WoW, GW2 or anything? Why do you guys feel like the game's dying when you simply stopped caring about it?
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully still thriving. We all love this game for something ...lets hope some of the performance issues can get buttoned up a little better and some new juicy content comes in to follow.