The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Backpack furnishing ruined now :(

Shadow_Akula
Shadow_Akula
✭✭✭✭✭
For those who don’t know the backpack/satchel furnishing like many backpacks we find in south elsweyr now have their flaps opened and we get a big void of nothingness to stare into. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, it’d be an odd bug imo.

ZoS please change the backpack/satchel whatever it’s called back to the closed flap please, if you were going to do an open flap could you please do it as a separate furnishing or give the satchel/pack a toggle. The open flap really puts me off using it anymore and thinking about removing them from my houses which currently have them. I’m sure I’m not the only one who dislikes this change and wishes it was done as an alternate piece or toggle.

So much for the “rarely change furnishings on live” policy 🙄

S.A.96
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bug and they have said they would fix it.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From something I read on General Discussion, it happened when they changed the bag animation from "mutzing with crotch" to a real bag?
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is a bug. If you look closely you'll see the cover flap has flipped through 180 deg on it's vertical axis. Damn annoying for looting too as you can't see from a distance if it's empty or not. Glad to hear they're fixing it.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strangely the two furnishings, satchel and backpack (one has straps) haven't both been affected. I assume this is because of something they changed on the lootable furnishing?
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get this fixed, please?!
    It's awful!
    Now there's no way of telling just by looking if a backpack contains anything.
    Mlwfbsv.png
    Edited by LoneStar2911 on November 13, 2019 9:21PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely the two furnishings, satchel and backpack (one has straps) haven't both been affected. I assume this is because of something they changed on the lootable furnishing?

Honestly it boggles the mind why it would be changed into this bugged state in the first place. Did it need improvement? Was it working badly?
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Honestly it boggles the mind why it would be changed into this bugged state in the first place. Did it need improvement? Was it working badly?

As I recall this has happened before so the question is why a fixed bug keeps showing up in new releases?