The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestions | Expand BGs matchmaking options for instant action seekers

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
Lets face it, faction lock legit killed the pop and Cyrodiil is far from what it used it. (Honestly even before faction lock it was pretty bad)
It's not fun, zergy, laggy, and a waste of time (How much time a day you spend running around looking for fights, or taking resources for no1 to show? imagine the state in consoles aswell)
75% of Cyrodiil map isnt even used by the players most of the time.

Now ZOS is going to fix performance, lets assume they will succeed, but who says that this move will make Cyrodiil popular again?

The PVP state is at a bad spot right now,
We have campaigns that cannot be filled because players keep leaving the game / PVP as performance state right now is unacceptable, and you are forced to play on the laggy campaign, as there is only one option that actually have players in it.
Also No-CP and CP is dividing the already small population of PVP community.

What other options do we have beside dying Cyrodiil? (CP player here btw)

* Duels
and thats it.

BG's is non-cp, therefore most CP players wont bother with it.
BG's in general is a good idea, but it is doesnt have the feeling that Cyrdiil provided to us long time ago,
it can be much more and i believe it can actually give an answer to players like me that seek that old Cyrodiil feel.

My suggestions:

* Give us multipile options of PVP by adding alot more modes to BGs.
- 1 vs 1 arena with actual ranks, each round you face different player in a better rank, that way duels will feel rewarding and not like a waste of potions
- 2 vs 2 arenas
- Massive zergs fights in mini Cyrodiil map but with less players, with a better designed map
- 50 players death match in mini Cyrodiil map, could be battle royal, i dont really care, just give us something that could feel like old Cyrodiil solo gameplay
- Map for organised ball groups guilds, that wants to clash between them with objectives or not

Feel free to give ZOS some more ideas, you never know x)

Edited by amir412 on November 6, 2019 1:30PM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally like your suggestions and would suggest the following additions / modifications:

1. 1 v 1, 2 v 2 arenas: I am all for it! and / or a group dueling option anywhere in PvE areas, which would be more flexible concerning group size (for example groups of 2 - 24, including unequal group sizes), and there would be many locations to choose from (but in group dueling outside of dedicated arenas there would be no ranking, which is an advantage of the arena concept)

2. you propose a 'mini Cyrodiil' for fights between many players: I would envision faction locked campaigns with a short duration (a few hours) where a faction vs faction vs faction fight actually makes sense (no night capping, the possibility for individual players and groups to take part from beginning to end, to prepare and implement strategies etc) - for those who like to fight for a faction (and in this scenario 30 day campaigns can be unlocked)

3. map for organized groups: perhaps rather a campaign where there are no factions - everyone except group members are flagged as enemies

Now of course this is a long wishlist for big changes, and also assumes that there will the population to support all these modes... But potential obstacles should not keep players and ZOS from thinking about new ways of making PvP interesting (and getting rid of the current status where faction lock in populated campaigns contributes to driving people away)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More PvP variety will be very good. I am pretty sure 1vs1 will turn in to cheese fest that one with better cheese will win. 4v4v4 format is not good especialy on flag games. Chaos ball and death match is closer to 4v4 experience.

12vs12 (or smaller teams, doesnt matter for me) fights with 1 res chance and 5 minute timer will be funny. Only problem is loading screens.

The extra PvP mode can be event based. Arena will be open at the start of every hour, people will populate boht cyrodiil and the new PvP mode.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mipmip

Tbf, i prefer the idea about making PVE areas PVP able under specific conditions (Justice etc),
    But knowing ZOS and the PVE community, we both know that sadly it wont happen.

Related to big enough population,
    These ideas could work if the CP and NO-CP communities will reunite, and form a decent pvp community like it was in the past.

@Luckylancer Loved the 1 ress chance every 5 minute, could change it to insta spawn if there is only 1 team standing.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."