The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we get a Dragon Bone Provisioning ingredient please?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Ok, I know ESO has far too many crafting items to begin with... but using a STYLE MAT in FOOD is just... wrong.
Not to mention a style mat from a DLC dungeon people don't even like running on normal.

Why don't dragons drop a bone provisioning ingredient? Or was the intent to limit use of Pack Leader's bone broth?
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or was the intent to limit use of Pack Leader's bone broth?
    Yes. Just like all the gold foods, though some are obviously much cheaper to make than others. Ironically, the most useful new recipe (Sugar Skulls) is the cheapest to craft.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I know ESO has far too many crafting items to begin with... but using a STYLE MAT in FOOD is just... wrong.
    Not to mention a style mat from a DLC dungeon people don't even like running on normal.

Why don't dragons drop a bone provisioning ingredient? Or was the intent to limit use of Pack Leader's bone broth?

Or make it so that these things drop from DRAGONS or do dragons only have bones after they have been dead for millennia...
  • Selen67
    Selen67
    IT might be trying to limiting the use of new food, but then it's screwing worth of master writs in fang lair style. Pretty much all are useless, maybe rarely 100+ voucher ones would be worth to craft. Better to destroy most of them now, same as triune blue jewelry master writs.
    Edited by Selen67 on November 5, 2019 5:26AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selen67 wrote: »
    IT might be trying to limiting the use of new food, but then it's screwing worth of master writs in fang lair style. Pretty much all are useless, maybe rarely 100+ voucher ones would be worth to craft. Better to destroy most of them now, same as triune blue jewelry master writs.

It's a short term spike in price, because of short-term demand changes, as people want the food to get the achievement associated with the event.

They will come back down. The food itself is basically worthless.

The dragon bone you collected months ago that you'll use to do those writs that's just sitting in your craft bag is not a "loss". This is an entirely different situation than the Triune (because it has a set price of 100k AP)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Selen67
    Selen67
    I have bought some od mats few weeks ago, so i sold it for 5.5k when i had a chance. I wonder how will prices behave now though, and how long will it actually take for prices to get somewhere around old price.
    If it is true what you say that it's not that good, ppl wont be using it and that it was just a short term hype then that's fine, will be glad to see master writs in fang lair worth crafting again. But for now it is worth to sell them for such high price instead of use for writs while i can keep writs stored for later.
    Edit: I have noticed also that now theres drop chance of 4 goblin scraps or 4 argent pelts or corresponding dungs bosses, i was quite sure they didnt put IT this way to fang lair. ZOS could do that as well on case prices would stay increased by far comparing to old price.
    Edited by Selen67 on November 5, 2019 5:13PM
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Ok,

I Farmed hundreds of Plunder Skulls in Klathzgar, but never got the 'Recipe:Pack Leader's bone broth', and I'm not paying 50,000+ gold for it. Now got too much bait. lol Got other gold recipes though.

Do dragon bones only drop in Fang Lair on veteran?
    I tried to solo Fang Lair on normal after waiting too long for a group, but only got gold and useless crap from the first boss.

I need a dragon bone. ;)

PS4/PS5/EU
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    [Do dragon bones only drop in Fang Lair on veteran?
    I tried to solo Fang Lair on normal after waiting too long for a group, but only got gold and useless crap from the first boss.

I need a dragon bone. ;)

You can just run normal mode and grab all the gear you can get thru the dungeon. Deconstruct all for a chance to have dragon bone - that's my MO.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    You can just run normal mode and grab all the gear you can get thru the dungeon. Deconstruct all for a chance to have dragon bone - that's my MO.
    Thanks for the reply. :)
    So a dragon bone will not physically drop, only through deconstruction of gear from that dungeon?
    Thanks, I'll have to try that. :) Oh, and I'm trying to work out what "MO" stands for. lol

PS4/PS5/EU
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a dragon bone will not physically drop, only through deconstruction of gear from that dungeon?
    Thanks, I'll have to try that. :) Oh, and I'm trying to work out what "MO" stands for. lol

Modus Operandi - latin phrase for "how you do something in particular"
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Modus Operandi - latin phrase for "how you do something in particular"
    Mode of operating, thank you so much, tmbrinks.

Event now over, I hope the price for gold recipes will now drop. :)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Rikkadir Yes, dragon bone style mat doesn't drop alone. You have a chance to get it by deconstructing the gear related to the Fang Lair dungeon (Caluurion's Legacy / Trappings of Invigoration / Ulfnor's Favor / Thurvokun)
    Edited by redlink1979 on November 12, 2019 3:43PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmm marrow soup yum they should have totally made a marrow ingr that drops from dragons.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It decreases WW transformation cost by less than 10%. In practice that means that you can transform 4-5s faster. Which is not that useful. The other stats are weaker than blue stamina+health food. Hardly META. So the novelty will wear off rather quickly. I do agree that they should add dragon bone in dragon drop tables similarly how you get the fungus spores from minotaurs or Daedra hearts from the respective mobs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    It decreases WW transformation cost by less than 10%.
    It's exactly 5%, for the record. No need to guess ;)
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a humble request for this one. If we must consume parts of dragons could they please be slightly less revolting parts in future. Blood, bile and snot? No one wants these.

So how about a nice dragon rump steak, a tasty rib or even a bit of brisket.

No more eyeballs, claws, ears or the like please.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/