The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daily crafting writs in DLC?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I would really love to be able to do daily writs in Senchal or Lilmoth. For years, I did writs in Abah's Landing and turned in at Belkarth. Why do DLC's no longer have writ boards? Even without turn-in, it was nice to have more places to craft.
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 4, 2019 4:09PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would really love to be able to do daily writs in Senchal or Lilmoth. For years, I did writs in Abah's Landing and turned in at Belkarth. Why do DLC's no longer have writ boards? Even without turn-in, it was nice to have more places to craft.

I just want an even more compact zone. Put the riding trainer next to someplace like the crafting area in Alinor and I will be in the best overall situation!
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on November 8, 2019 3:32PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want an even more compact zone. Put the riding trainer next to someplace like the crafting area in Alinor and I will be in the best overall situation!

Belkarth
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    probably because not everyone has DLC's, as for compact zones vivec,mournhold and belkarth are all very compact
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    probably because not everyone has DLC's, as for compact zones vivec,mournhold and belkarth are all very compact

Well yes, but why not just put the boards up? I can understand not having turn in - that requires an NPC to watch them, etc. I love the DLC zones, and wish I could spend more time "living" in them.

Same reason why I wanted a small apartment in Hew's Bane, not a palace.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’m surprised no one ever mentions Riften, all of the crafting stations are right there in just two buildings, with the bank in between. The wayshrine is close, the only downside is the two writ boards are far apart. I park all my crafters there.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root, all in the same room.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Vivec City, all convenient and close together
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use Vivec City, all convenient and close together

I'm not asking for where the best is - I'm asking the devs to please give us more locations to do writs.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Mournhold not great for bank and horseriding, but great for crafting. Has the advantage of a cheap house nearby and the ability to drop of master writs. Horseriding pretty close in vivec (other side of wayshrine) and bank is right in the middle. Pretty efficient.

Reaper's March has a little more walking around. On par with Belkarth or a little better. Bank is a little out of the way in Belkarth compared to Reaper's March and guild vendors are in an annoying location.

Alinor is amazing for just writs, but not good for bank and horseriding.

Since I am not doing writs these days due to just not having that time to waste, I keep my characters parked where they can work on horseriding, research, and decon. Having the bank nearby allows me to leverage a personal guild bank.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of places around the map with most, if not all, the crafting stations, so this is really about the pick-up (writ boards), and turn-in locations.

The norm seems to be that the boards are close to their respective crafting stations, or at least that was the case. Putting the Jewel Crafting writs on the equipment board, but locating the crafting station with the enchanting ones (sometimes by converting the latter) has taken us a bit away from that. And the turn-ins were likely to be clear across town from any of it, often outside the city walls, down at the docks, etc.

However, if the boards are there, then so is the turn-in. With the one exception of Hew's Bane. And the Hollow City has a turn-in, but no Jewel station, so you can pick up a writ you can't do there.

There are variations: Master Writs are effectively picked up at the turn-in point, and the results must be turned in at Alliance hubs. Event writs are picked up in the wild, and turned in at the regular places.

Currently you can pick up at one location and drop off at another. That wasn't always the case, except when it was required, like with the Master Writs.

The three original starter zones gave us all the crafting stations, but not the writ pick-up / turn-in. This is reasonable in the light of getting certified for writs only after a few levels. Several towns in a zone may have all the stations, but only one gets the writs. So are DLC zones really any different from the starter zones? At what size of zone should writs come in? Are Chapters the right level for adding new ones, and subordinate DLC shouldn't get them? It's getting very blurred and confusing.
  • Scottfree2
    Scottfree2
    ✭✭✭
    Velyn Harbour is where i base my crafters .. everything's there in a compact area .. bank, all stations, outfit station, writ drop off, the only thing lacking is a guild trader or two, and the wayshrine is a little ways out of town.

Alinor is v good, but kills my fps.