Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Door needed at the faction gates?

NoodleESO
NoodleESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I find it really odd the map empowers the zerging faction. When you take an enemy's tri-keeps it opens the scroll gate.

Thats cool but how are the few people there supposed to defend when most of the time the enemy brings an entire faction and they all are using rapids?

proposal: either add a keep door to the gates or update the area entirely. There is siege weapons and siege shields for a reason let us make better use of them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gates are already a fantastic chokepoint defended by a number of NPCs. Its doubtful you'll manage to defend it against an entire faction with a few, but that's true of a keep door too.

The main benefit to not having a keep door is that the opened gate allows solo players to get the skyshards behind the enemy gates, assuming they can survive the NPCs and any defenders. Players shouldn't have to group up and siege a gate door to have a chance at getting those skyshards once their faction has captured the needed keeps.

It also strongly incentivizes players to go out and recapture a tri-keep in order to close the gate. That may not be doable at low-pop vs a faction stack, but Cyrodiil isn't well-balanced for low pop vs faction stack to begin with. Its designed to work best when all factions have high population.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gates are already a fantastic chokepoint defended by a number of NPCs. Its doubtful you'll manage to defend it against an entire faction with a few, but that's true of a keep door too.

The main benefit to not having a keep door is that the opened gate allows solo players to get the skyshards behind the enemy gates, assuming they can survive the NPCs and any defenders. Players shouldn't have to group up and siege a gate door to have a chance at getting those skyshards once their faction has captured the needed keeps.

It also strongly incentivizes players to go out and recapture a tri-keep in order to close the gate. That may not be doable at low-pop vs a faction stack, but Cyrodiil isn't well-balanced for low pop vs faction stack to begin with. Its designed to work best when all factions have high population.

I agree with the skyshard behind the gates, I believe the area is large enough to have a place for the shard and new places for defense.

but I also don't think one keep door is going to make the shard harder to get then it already is, on top of shard gankers you have to wait for your faction to take two tri-keeps which is impossible to time.

If you are really looking to get the shard there are 3 other campaigns but like I said perhaps a rework of the whole area is needed to fit the game in 2020
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The gates are already a fantastic chokepoint defended by a number of NPCs.

lol I've soloed all those npcs in no-cp, that's how much of a hindrance they are.