Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch 5.2.5 PvP Tierlist

BohnT2
BohnT2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
After lengthy discussions and multiple changes throughout the process I'd like to share the PvP Tierlist created by many of the most experienced players out there

u2EIX2l.jpg

Please read the following explanation before commenting on the tier list to avoid unnecessary posts
rjwXDvJ.jpg

Everyone wanting to have longer discussions about the tier list or the game in general is invited to join the Class Discussion discord (https://discord.gg/jSKfFY) as we can have better, more direct discussions there with the players who made the list and the class reps.

Short list of the YouTube accounts of some of the players involved.
Note the initial explanation was updated as some parts were missing
Edited by BohnT2 on October 28, 2019 9:08PM
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHA good one, for a moment there I thought you were serious.

btw these so called "most experienced players out there" - do they pay my subscription ? nah thought not.

Be safe
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see 1 name on the list that is familiar. The rest I've never heard of them.

With that said, I like these kinds of presentations.
    What does the "S" mean on the 1st chart above?
  • Hyzock
    Hyzock
    ✭✭✭

btw these so called "most experienced players out there" - do they pay my subscription ? nah thought not.

Be safe

What are you trying say with this comment, i am genuinely confused
    PC EU - Frank the Potato - Stam DK
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What "recent buff to mobility" did magblades get?
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    I see 1 name on the list that is familiar. The rest I've never heard of them.

With that said, I like these kinds of presentations.
    What does the "S" mean on the 1st chart above?

S tier is used here to express when something beats any other pick you could choose from
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    What "recent buff to mobility" did magblades get?

This includes the bug fixes to shade including the ability to choose from 2 good snare removals.

(Those have been a thing since scalebreaker but are important for its ranking)
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know how does magblades get to A in 6+ groups from B to 6- groups?

You should remove the small/large categories and just talk solo and group utility.

Crossed specs aren't so needed in 8+ groups since the number itself does the job and you also have enough ppl dedicated to each task, even tanks sometimes.

Anyway, good job for the visual😊
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t get the point...as there’s no accounting for skill of the individual players playing the individual classes. Cheese aside, a great player could mop som dummy reading your lists and picking an S class.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on October 25, 2019 9:56PM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tier lists are always a joke. Play whatever you want and have fun.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs don't belong in any tier as they are they are strictly used for ganking.

Sorcs are S-tier. Above Wardens.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t get the point...as there’s no accounting for skill of the individual players playing the individual classes. Cheese aside, a great player could mop som dummy reading your lists and picking an S class.

The whole list was done taking each class to its full potential.
    Edited by BohnT2 on October 25, 2019 10:26PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself and my other 5 pvp guilds have never heard of anyone from your list. so no ty
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I've been getting my ass kicked by mag DK's all day... 😐

Edit: for the love of whomever you believe in. Do not nerf them please.
    Edited by Dominion_Nightblade on October 25, 2019 10:33PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam NB in S tier ? They can't even gank ppl successfully anymore ... LOL :D:joy: (Unless you count ganking potato noobs / afk players that is).

Personally I would place it in B tier and mag NB in C tier
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on October 25, 2019 11:19PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda seems like you're just attempting to troll.....but in case you were being serious: This is hypothetical exercise which assumes all factors other than class are equal, including the opponents being of equal skill level and build optimization. While your "great player" using a C tier character might wipe "some dummy" using an S tier character, a player who is merely "good" or "very good" might win the fight because of the inherent advantage bestowed by the class.
    Edited by itscompton on October 25, 2019 10:34PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myself and my other 5 pvp guilds have never heard of anyone from your list. so no ty

You can search for (name from that list) + eso on YouTube and you'll find videos from most of them.
    If you don't trust any of them feel free to challenge them to a duel
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    After lengthy discussions and multiple changes throughout the process I'd like to share the PvP Tierlist created by many of the most experienced players out there

u2EIX2l.jpg

Please read the following explanation before commenting on the tier list to avoid unnecessary posts
    77j9Zv4.jpg

Everyone wanting to have longer discussions about the tier list or the game in general is invited to join the Class Discussion discord (https://discord.gg/jSKfFY) as we can have better, more direct discussions there with the players who made the list and the class reps.

magplar should be A tier for solo play and magsorc S tier
    Edited by chris211 on October 25, 2019 10:35PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »

u2EIX2l.jpg

77j9Zv4.jpg

magplar should be A tier for solo play and magsorc S tier

Both those things were discussed and with the following reasoning:
    Magplar staying B tier:
    They could easily compete in 1v1s (based on the explanation above) but have a key disadvantage compared to A tier specs which have a much better time kiting zergs having better overall results.

In previous reasons we had Magplars hovering between A and B

Having magsorc in S tier for solo was dependant on the platform from which the players asked about it came from.
    NA players advocated for an S tier rating while EU sorcs advocated for an A tier due to the changes to status effects working on shields (also influenced by a more tanky meta on EU)

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be safe

this ^

and this ^

all truth
    well said
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 25, 2019 11:22PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is a good list overall. And some people seem very salty to hear their class is not as weak as they make it out to be.

But they seem to forget these type of lists do not take individual's lack of skill into account. It just indicates full potential of each spec.

Edit: For all the complaints about ''I don't know any of these guys''. Its kind of your own fault. I already see 3 Dks there that I know very well and each of them are good players.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 25, 2019 11:44PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve come to the realization that coming to these forums looking for information is a waste of time lol. EVERYBODY is an expert but nobody KNOWS much of anything.

Again, I ask what’s the point of such a list, outside of stroking one’s own ego? The VANITY!

Is this DEFINITIVE list designed to help folks choose classes? Is it designed to help ZOS balance the game? Is it a sideways nerf thread? Is it an undercover buff thread? Is it just a debate club exercise?

I mean who are these people. Are they considered the best jack-of-all-trades, multi-class playing Cyro-gods? Are they the best in show on their respective classes? Are they hot-shot duelests? Are they renowned 1vXers? Are they Grand Overlord guild crown ball Zerglings? Are they arm-chair Zone Generals?

I unno...I’m jus’ a lil Lane; but, is it too much to ask for some context with regards to this list? Maybe get some bonafides from the names so prominent in the SMALL PRINT lol.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the list it looks decent.

I’d make a couple changes, Stamplars are way stronger than your list suggests and Stamblades much worse.

Specifically

Solo play:
    Stamwarden down a tier, Stamplar up a tier, Magsorc up a tier, Magblade down a tier, MagDK up a tier, Stamblade down a tier

Small Scale:

Stamblade down a tier

Large Scale:

Stamplar up two tiers, Stamsorc up a tier, Magwarden up a tier, Stamnecro up a tier, Magtemplar down a tier

Looks to me like the class reps are mostly small scale.
    kalunte wrote: »
    I'd like to know how does magblades get to A in 6+ groups from B to 6- groups?

You should remove the small/large categories and just talk solo and group utility.

Crossed specs aren't so needed in 8+ groups since the number itself does the job and you also have enough ppl dedicated to each task, even tanks sometimes.

Anyway, good job for the visual😊

Lack of self healing, when you get into large groups it isn’t an issue. Magblades are strong in larger groups, you just have to drop your normal magblade preconceptions of how to spec.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 26, 2019 3:08AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina nightblade is still top for solo 1vX. If you know how to actually play the game:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bump stamplar down half a tier for solo play.

No access to any major buffs except a really jank Remembrance and no speed/class anti-snare utility makes solo Stamplar somewhat limited. It has the undisputed best spammable in the game which can make up for it's defensive and utility gaps, but it's still missing fundamental aspects to make it a stand-out solo performer.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve come to the realization that coming to these forums looking for information is a waste of time lol. EVERYBODY is an expert but nobody KNOWS much of anything.

Again, I ask what’s the point of such a list, outside of stroking one’s own ego? The VANITY!

Is this DEFINITIVE list designed to help folks choose classes? Is it designed to help ZOS balance the game? Is it a sideways nerf thread? Is it an undercover buff thread? Is it just a debate club exercise?

I mean who are these people. Are they considered the best jack-of-all-trades, multi-class playing Cyro-gods? Are they the best in show on their respective classes? Are they hot-shot duelests? Are they renowned 1vXers? Are they Grand Overlord guild crown ball Zerglings? Are they arm-chair Zone Generals?

I unno...I’m jus’ a lil Lane; but, is it too much to ask for some context with regards to this list? Maybe get some bonafides from the names so prominent in the SMALL PRINT lol.

There is no plan to achieve a result in terms of class balance etc.
    It's a list which exists to avoid having people spread false information about how a class can perform due to their own bias.

The list of players in there contains long term players from each spec in the game who shine out at what they do, like sanct being the leader of the best ball group out there (former zerg squad, former banana squad).
    If you doubt any of these players reach out to get more information of each one of them individually or challenge them directly to a duel.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You could... you know... meet those guys in game and duel them.
    Lose horribly and then ask them if they can give you help and suggestions.

Just saying...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people so salty about this list? Seems fairly accurate to me. And anyway why get mad over a list? If you have a different opinion share it and say why.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was for last patch yeah?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is a good list overall. And some people seem very salty to hear their class is not as weak as they make it out to be.
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Why are people so salty about this list? Seems fairly accurate to me. And anyway why get mad over a list? If you have a different opinion share it and say why.

Isn't it weird?

Only in ESO can you say something good about a class, or even that you just like a class, and you'll have people who play that same class just trash it.

Only in ESO.

I find this mostly with sorcs. I've mained a sorc since day 1, and anytime I've said anything positive about the class, here comes 50 people just trashing thier own class. I remember in Mirkmire talking about what sets sorc can use, and coming up with Armor Master as something to look at...and getting thrashed even for suggesting it. And yet, it was widely used.

Over the years though, I've learned there's kind of a weird manipulation of facts on the forum. You almost can't talk positive about your favorite class in fear it'll be nerfed, and you have to constantly talk trash about your favorite class in hope you'll see a buff. And getting lost in the shuffle is any true, real, discussion about over/underperforming classes or skills.

That's why this list will never be looked on favorably in these forums. Too many players with agendas. Hence the salt. Good luck with any real discussion here!

I'm out