The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

For Devs about Blood spawn.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Bloodspawn is a great set, but it honestly could lose a bit of its Ulti regen. 14 ulti every 6 seconds is quite large. It's 3.5 x more than minor heroism over the same time. The mitigation it gives is just a bonus.

Just light attacking, you can have Dawnbreaker (125 ulti) up every 42 seconds. But by wearing Bloodspawn, you can have that up in 24 seconds.

I understand that you must take dmg for bloodspawn to proc, but in general, when are you not taking dmg??

U do understand it’s a 6% chance to proc every 6 seconds so unless it procs off cooldown every time it ends up being weaker than minor heroism.

Yep, sure do. But in combat, with everything hitting you, when is it not off cooldown??

That is not always the case because reality is everything isn’t always hitting you. Also you realize nerfing a set doesn’t make other lesser options more appealing. Likely as I stated before BS gets nerfed everyone moves to asylum 2h with balorgh monster set.

My question is still what do people expect with this nerf? It’s not an OP set. Never has been. I think these people have just asked for nerfs on every skill that can possibly be conceived as too strong and they’re still getting crushed so now they’re going after whatever else they can think of. I wonder if they’ll ever realize it’s not the sets but a lack of skill on their part that’s leading them to lose fights.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Bloodspawn is a great set, but it honestly could lose a bit of its Ulti regen. 14 ulti every 6 seconds is quite large. It's 3.5 x more than minor heroism over the same time. The mitigation it gives is just a bonus.

Just light attacking, you can have Dawnbreaker (125 ulti) up every 42 seconds. But by wearing Bloodspawn, you can have that up in 24 seconds.

I understand that you must take dmg for bloodspawn to proc, but in general, when are you not taking dmg??

U do understand it’s a 6% chance to proc every 6 seconds so unless it procs off cooldown every time it ends up being weaker than minor heroism.

Yep, sure do. But in combat, with everything hitting you, when is it not off cooldown??

That is not always the case because reality is everything isn’t always hitting you. Also you realize nerfing a set doesn’t make other lesser options more appealing. Likely as I stated before BS gets nerfed everyone moves to asylum 2h with balorgh monster set.

My question is still what do people expect with this nerf? It’s not an OP set. Never has been. I think these people have just asked for nerfs on every skill that can possibly be conceived as too strong and they’re still getting crushed so now they’re going after whatever else they can think of. I wonder if they’ll ever realize it’s not the sets but a lack of skill on their part that’s leading them to lose fights.

They expect this will make more build diversity yet this will just achieve the exact opposite as it will push ppl to an even smaller pool of monster sets. Yes there is a massive issue with l2p in this game lately.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If I only could bring back all the nerfed sets, then yeah, maybe I wouldn’t be pointing out how op Bloodspawn is with the Ulti regen. But so many Stamina players pushed for other sets to be nerfed, all the while continuing to wear their precious Bloodspawn. If other sets were so op, then why did they wear Bloodspawn anyways? It wasn’t for the mitigation. It was for the Ulti regen so they could have Dawnbreaker up in under 30 secs for continued bombs.

I would love for other monster sets to be reworked so that we have more to choose from. Most of my posting history has always been to advocate for more variety and flavor. But nevertheless, I have always thought that 14 Ulti every 6 secs was a bit too much. Take it down to 10. It would still be 2.5x more than minor heroism which is still quite large.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I only could bring back all the nerfed sets, then yeah, maybe I wouldn’t be pointing out how op Bloodspawn is with the Ulti regen. But so many Stamina players pushed for other sets to be nerfed, all the while continuing to wear their precious Bloodspawn. If other sets were so op, then why did they wear Bloodspawn anyways? It wasn’t for the mitigation. It was for the Ulti regen so they could have Dawnbreaker up in under 30 secs for continued bombs.

I would love for other monster sets to be reworked so that we have more to choose from. Most of my posting history has always been to advocate for more variety and flavor. But nevertheless, I have always thought that 14 Ulti every 6 secs was a bit too much. Take it down to 10. It would still be 2.5x more than minor heroism which is still quite large.

U nerf the ultimate regen on BS ppl will just go use asylum 2h what is not being understood about tht up to 15 ultimate just casting reverse slash no cool down ultimates will be going off even more.

STOP asking for nerf instead suggest a buff for an underused monster set.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

U nerf the ultimate regen on BS ppl will just go use asylum 2h what is not being understood about tht up to 15 ultimate just casting reverse slash no cool down ultimates will be going off even more.

There’s absolutely nothing keeping players from using asylum 2h now anyways. So NO. Go make your own “buff monster” thread. This thread is about Bloodspawn being a bit too op. Which it is. Make it only 10 Ulti.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s absolutely nothing keeping players from using asylum 2h now anyways. So NO. Go make your own “buff monster” thread. This thread is about Bloodspawn being a bit too op. Which it is. Make it only 10 Ulti.

Buff it to 50 ult and 10k resists on any damage 100% proc chance.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or *** buff the other monster sets, don't pull everybody down because your *** is garbage.

I'm absolutely sick of people who can't see past their own nose constantly demanding nerfs to *** they don't like, under the guise of "it'll help balance", or "it'll help build diversity". You do realise that the attitude you've displayed here is what's killing the game from a gameplay perspective, right?

Constantly demanding nerfs, only for Zenimax to give in to almost every demand, is going to drive this game into the ground from a gameplay perspective. Soon you'll have every class playing the exact same way, everything performing equally garbage, and you'll still have smart asses demanding that *** be nerfed.

Nerfing Bloodspawn will not help build diversity. In a situation where 90% of the options are trash, and the remaining 10% are situationally strong, you don't help build diversity by nerfing the 10%. You help build diversity by buffing the 90%. Nerfing the 10% will only push people towards the next least garbage option, in which case we're back to square one, with everybody using the same stuff.

If you're upset because stam keeps getting mag sets nerfed, while still having their own strong sets (which it seems like this is your main argument, given "But so many Stamina players pushed for other sets to be nerfed, all the while continuing to wear their precious Bloodspawn"), ask for your own sets to be buffed. Don't be the guy who pettily asks for everybody else's toys to be broken, because your's got broken. Ask for your toys to be fixed.
    Edited by jcm2606 on November 1, 2019 4:36AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bloodspawn is far from op. You asking for a nerf with zero justification of why it should be nerfed
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me ask again, one last time.

Do you want to be in a game where every option is strong, and choosing what option you want to use is a hard choice, because everything is strong? Or do you want to be in a game where every option is garbage, and choosing what option you want to use is as easy as picking the least garbage option?

Demanding nerfs leads to the latter. If you want the former, stop pettily asking for someone else's toys to be broken, ask for your toys to be fixed.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Let me ask again, one last time.

Do you want to be in a game where every option is strong, and choosing what option you want to use is a hard choice, because everything is strong? Or do you want to be in a game where every option is garbage, and choosing what option you want to use is as easy as picking the least garbage option?

Demanding nerfs leads to the latter. If you want the former, stop pettily asking for someone else's toys to be broken, ask for your toys to be fixed.

I think people want garbage options because then they can all safely run around in a large group knowing there’s no chance of being killed.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or *** buff the other monster sets, don't pull everybody down because your *** is garbage.

I'm absolutely sick of people who can't see past their own nose constantly demanding nerfs to *** they don't like, under the guise of "it'll help balance", or "it'll help build diversity". You do realise that the attitude you've displayed here is what's killing the game from a gameplay perspective, right?

Go cry me a riverbed. I once displayed the same feelings you have about nerfs. Never before have I asked for nerfs. But other players didn't give a damn. But regardless, I have always felt that Bloodspawn handed out Ulti like free candy for just getting hit. But I didn't say a thing...

But dude, you need to take a chill pill. You sound borderline psycho.

Bloodspawn is far from op. You asking for a nerf with zero justification of why it should be nerfed

There is a reason Bloodspawn has been a favorite of stamina pvp players for years. It's been the ulti regen hands down, which allows players to have Dawnbreaker rdy in under 30 secs. Perhaps there is some justification to lower the regen from 14 to 10.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go cry me a riverbed. I once displayed the same feelings you have about nerfs. Never before have I asked for nerfs. But other players didn't give a damn. But regardless, I have always felt that Bloodspawn handed out Ulti like free candy for just getting hit. But I didn't say a thing...

There is a reason Bloodspawn has been a favorite of stamina pvp players for years. It's been the ulti regen hands down, which allows players to have Dawnbreaker rdy in under 30 secs. Perhaps there is some justification to lower the regen from 14 to 10.

The difference without Bloodspawn ult gen is actually fairly minor imo and won’t make or break any fight. The resists and the extra touch of stam regen is what I find really beneficial across a wide variety of builds both mag and stam. When I take off Bloodspawn I don’t notice the loss of ult gen but I do notice the squishiness. If damage is what you’re after you’re better off going with slimecraw or something.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Supposedly 30 seconds according to you any evidence to prove this? Or is this just conjecture
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

The difference without Bloodspawn ult gen is actually fairly minor imo and won’t make or break any fight. The resists and the extra touch of stam regen is what I find really beneficial across a wide variety of builds both mag and stam. When I take off Bloodspawn I don’t notice the loss of ult gen but I do notice the squishiness. If damage is what you’re after you’re better off going with slimecraw or something.

I agree the mitigation is a beast. But I have never heard anyone say that they chose Bloodspawn in pvp for the mitigation. It has always been the massive Ulti return. But having such a large value of mitigation is a big bonus.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Supposedly 30 seconds according to you any evidence to prove this? Or is this just conjecture

Count the amount of Ulti regen you get from light attacking along with Bloodspawn. You'll have more than the ulti you need for Dawnbreaker.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Count the amount of Ulti regen you get from light attacking along with Bloodspawn. You'll have more than the ulti you need for Dawnbreaker.

Tht is assuming proc every 6 seconds which unless ur in an xv1 is unlikely and in an xv1 u will likely be dead before u can make effective use of DB every 30 seconds.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tht is assuming proc every 6 seconds which unless ur in an xv1 is unlikely and in an xv1 u will likely be dead before u can make effective use of DB every 30 seconds.

So we can agree that DB can be ready in 24 secs? And don't you think that is a bit too fast? Wouldn't lessening the ulti gain from 14 to 10 be better overall for balance, not hurting the set that much and still remaining strong?
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So your response to that is to join the crybabies who whine for nerfs? Sounds about right.

And no, I'm not psycho. I'm just done with seeing idiots constantly demand that everything they dislike be nerfed, ruining a game that I love and have poured years of my life into. I actually give a *** about the state of the game, and am willing to speak out against people who beg for nerfs.

If we want this game to get better, the very attitudes that you and the OP have expressed here have to be addressed. I don't care if it sounds rude or mean or whatever, it's the truth.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it should be nerfed.

Just because you look at something in a pure vacuum and cherrypick examples of how you think something is OP, doesn't mean it should be nerfed.

Just because you had your own character nerfed, doesn't mean you get to run off and demand that everybody else be nerfed.

It's as simple as that. Want the game to get better? Stop asking for everything to be trashed.
    Edited by jcm2606 on November 1, 2019 7:34AM
  • SentinelRose
    Blood spawn doesnt need nerfed. It's good set.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So your response to that is to join the crybabies who whine for nerfs? Sounds about right.

And no, I'm not psycho. I'm just done with seeing idiots constantly demand that everything they dislike be nerfed, ruining a game that I love and have poured years of my life into. I actually give a *** about the state of the game, and am willing to speak out against people who beg for nerfs.

Seems to me that you are crying much harder than anyone else in this thread. Almost about to pop a blood vessel. Careful!

And what makes your amount of playtime any more valuable than mine? What makes you think I don't care about the state of the game because I disagree with you? You're being naive.

You wouldn't happen to be a DK would you? A class where having access to quick ulti benefits the most?
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So we can agree that DB can be ready in 24 secs? And don't you think that is a bit too fast? Wouldn't lessening the ulti gain from 14 to 10 be better overall for balance, not hurting the set that much and still remaining strong?

No we can not agree. Ironically first ur stating 30 seconds now 24 a bit odd ur number is getting lower.

BS is one of the last monster sets that is pretty balanced. Only reason it’s as popular as it is is most other monster sets were either nerfed due to similar threads to this because someone complained something was too strong without considering all factors.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No we can not agree. Ironically first ur stating 30 seconds now 24 a bit odd ur number is getting lower.

Go back and read. And then post according to what I exactly said. I said under 30 secs. But it happens to be exactly 24 secs if Bloospawn procs on cooldown. I'm not a wizard at math, but I did calculate that. What is odd, especially odd, is how you wish to question the math when 1) you didn't read properly and 2) you're too lazy to do the math yourself.

• BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go back and read. And then post according to what I exactly said. I said under 30 secs. But it happens to be exactly 24 secs if Bloospawn procs on cooldown. I'm not a wizard at math, but I did calculate that. What is odd, especially odd, is how you wish to question the math when 1) you didn't read properly and 2) you're too lazy to do the math yourself.

In a vacuum under the most ideal of situations sure the math adds up on paper however the reality is very different.

6% chance to proc
    10 attacks about 50/50 1 of those will proc the set
    100 attacks 6 procs of the set
    Now factor in ur not gonna just facetank incoming damage for 100 attacks.

Assuming you have a decent understanding and skill in pvp u will likely get 1-2 procs in about a 2-3 minute fight so that comes to about 28 ultimate. Mind you this is a 1v1 scenario

Now in an xv1 and your being focused you will likely just about proc off cooldown however if the opponents are of roughly equal to greater skill all that ultimate will amount to nothing as you will likely have been zerged down.
    Edited by BattleAxe on November 1, 2019 11:34AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodspawn needs to have it's ulti regen reduced. 14 ulti every 6 secs is ridiculous. And the mitigation is pretty insane, too. If they Devs aren't going to lower the ulti regen, they should think about a longer cooldown. Keep the utli and mitigation the same, lasting 6 secs. But make it so that it can only proc every 12 secs.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn needs to have it's ulti regen reduced. 14 ulti every 6 secs is ridiculous. And the mitigation is pretty insane, too. If they Devs aren't going to lower the ulti regen, they should think about a longer cooldown. Keep the utli and mitigation the same, lasting 6 secs. But make it so that it can only proc every 12 secs.

Bloodspawn is fine as it is.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please learn what bloodspawn does and stop spreading false information it’s not 14 ultimate every 6 seconds it’s 6% chance every 6 seconds so is fine as is
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In a vacuum under the most ideal of situations sure the math adds up on paper however the reality is very different.

6% chance to proc

Assuming you have a decent understanding and skill in pvp u will likely get 1-2 procs in about a 2-3 minute fight so that comes to about 28 ultimate. Mind you this is a 1v1 scenario

Now in an xv1 and your being focused you will likely just about proc off cooldown however if the opponents are of roughly equal to greater skill all that ultimate will amount to nothing as you will likely have been zerged down.

Bloodspawn got a great up-time even on 1v1 and small scale scenarios. Why is that? There are tons of micro damage packages in the game that you are not taking into consideration. For example, one use of "Crushing Shock" is considered as 3 separated attacks,+glyph damage+up to 3-4 status effects it can proc(with glyph)+light attack. In this example you generate up to 9 chances to proc Bloodspawn(over 50% chance) in less than a sec. I know this is a very specific example but it does reflects the reality of pvp with all the dots and other mico damage packages going around. Most content creators that use Bloodspawn(which are most of them) will also use an addon to monitor Bloodspawn procs. The up-time is very good, even in 1v1, at 2v1 + situations, it will proc on CD almost 100%.

is it over-performing? Not sure, compared to what? We need to ask at what point other monster sets(troll king) or even 1 piece Mighty Chudan, 1 piece Pirate Skeleton will just be purely better.

is it being overused in PvP? Probably yes, but its more due to the set flexibility and utility(good for both offence and
    defence, good for both small scalre and 1vs X) than its raw power.

If anything about this set a should be nefrfed, those are the resistances, don't think they should touch the ulty gen nor the proc chance.
    Edited by Lughlongarm on November 3, 2019 6:28PM
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭

6% chance to proc

Bloodspawn got a great up-time even on 1v1 and small scale scenarios. Why is that? There are tons of micro damage packages in the game that you are not taking into consideration. For example, one use of "Crushing Shock" is considered as 3 separated attacks,+glyph damage+up to 3-4 status effects it can proc(with glyph)+light attack. In this example you generate up to 9 chances to proc Bloodspawn(over 50% chance) in less than a sec. I know this is a very specific example but it does reflects the reality of pvp with all the dots and other mico damage packages going around. Most content creators that use Bloodspawn(which are most of them) will also use an addon to monitor Bloodspawn procs. The up-time is very good, even in 1v1, at 2v1 + situations, it will proc on CD almost 100%.

is it over-performing? Not sure, compared to what? We need to ask at what point other monster sets(troll king) or even 1 piece Mighty Chudan, 1 piece Pirate Skeleton will just be purely better.

is it being overused in PvP? Probably yes, but its more due to the set flexibility and utility(good for both offence and
    defence, good for both small scalre and 1vs X) than its raw power.

If anything about this set a should be nefrfed, those are the resistances, don't think they should touch the ulty gen nor the proc chance.

Removal of resistance can break one of the best and beautiful combo for melee stam DK (Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw, Take flight). I not DK player, but I know only Stam melee DK has the potential to use BS at 100%, the rest most often take his for ult gen. If you remove the resistance, this set will become useless for stam melee players, then you will need to replace the first bonus to magica recovery so that it is used only by range magic. The rest of your description is completely correct.
    The sadder factor is that this kit uses magica sorc for ult gen, which does pew pew at a distance, has shields, teleporters and also as a bonus resistance with blood spawn. Even a magblade is a lesser culprit with invisibility, he takes more risks.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on November 3, 2019 8:39PM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m gonna assume this is a nerf thread but honestly who knows?
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please learn what bloodspawn does and stop spreading false information it’s not 14 ultimate every 6 seconds it’s 6% chance every 6 seconds so is fine as is

I’m sorry you are worried about your crutch monster set. But it procs off damage and their is so many kinds of damage hitting you that it procs constantly. It’s too much for what it does. Either lower the Ulti regen, lower the mitigation, or add a longer cooldown on the Ulti regen.