The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

R.I.P. PC EU

• Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more problems yet again - never ending now it seems.

And still no compensation.

• CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is about time ZOS ditch the megaserver concept and go with regional servers.

It's very clear that it is only so much you can stuff into a pork bun.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    I think it is about time ZOS ditch the megaserver concept and go with regional servers.

It's very clear that it is only so much you can stuff into a pork bun.

If the issues is with the Finder going bonkers with the database and calling DB queries that are killing server resources, and they said exactly that is the issue, than you will solve nothing, smaller servers will die even quicker. The issue needs to be resolved, and server power allocation and management is up to them.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    If the issues is with the Finder going bonkers with the database and calling DB queries that are killing server resources, and they said exactly that is the issue, than you will solve nothing, smaller servers will die even quicker. The issue needs to be resolved, and server power allocation and management is up to them.

There's a limit to everything, keep adding resources and you will run out of it eventually. It's the Mega Server design concept is the flaw.
  • Deohjo
    Deohjo
    ✭✭
    Let them eat cake
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What seems curious is that the NA server has very few of these problems. Why is it the EU server every time?

My guess is that ZoS has decided to milk profits, and not invest what is likely to be a big chunk of money to upgrade the EU server.

If both kept going down, it would point to code, or infrastructure. But one runs fine, the other doesn't. ZoS has to know why, and the reason they won't fix it.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    What seems curious is that the NA server has very few of these problems. Why is it the EU server every time?

My guess is that ZoS has decided to milk profits, and not invest what is likely to be a big chunk of money to upgrade the EU server.

If both kept going down, it would point to code, or infrastructure. But one runs fine, the other doesn't. ZoS has to know why, and the reason they won't fix it.

Can we assume they run the same code on US and EU, if so are they fixing something that isn't broke one the US server ?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each patch

koliv-a.jpg
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts and Prayers.
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »

Can we assume they run the same code on US and EU, if so are they fixing something that isn't broke one the US server ?

I've never heard that the code base on EU was different than NA. That would in itself be a big problem.

• CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard that the code base on EU was different than NA. That would in itself be a big problem.

All the server and game issues they are having smells of spaghetti coding, badly.

• Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All the server and game issues they are having smells of spaghetti coding, badly.

That would mean PC NA should have these problems too, and they have it way less times than us...
  • Bennisphinx
    Bennisphinx
    ✭✭

They said that this happens due to the EU server having to handle a lot more players (and not only players from Europe to begin with) during peak hours than the NA one.
    I agree that that's not an excuse though. Either they can add resources to the existing EU server and fix the performance problems that way, or they'll just have to abandon/rethink their whole megaserver conept and add a second EU server.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

That would mean PC NA should have these problems too, and they have it way less times than us...

They said, last year that while PC EU had these issues because of numbers, PC NA was beginning to reach the same population density. Over the last week similar issues have begun to affect PC NA too.

It's an issue of numbers of players. PC EU has more players playing for longer as it covers a far greater population than PC NA

• Leteney
    Leteney
    ✭✭
    I really love how devs updated us on undaunted event situation (more info soon - really? again?), the costume exploit (costume disabled atm - pf) and acknowledged some issue with a dungeon - all three around an hour ago.

But here, this topic ? Totally ignored. No acknowledgmnet, no explanation, nothing.
    Just a red banner that went up 5h ago and nothing changed since then.
    Really shows how far up their priority list EU server issues are.
    Edited by Leteney on November 18, 2019 10:56PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

They said, last year that while PC EU had these issues because of numbers, PC NA was beginning to reach the same population density. Over the last week similar issues have begun to affect PC NA too.

It's an issue of numbers of players. PC EU has more players playing for longer as it covers a far greater population than PC NA

I know that, but I'm not sure the only culprit is the spaghetti code. If it was then we could kill PC NA every time we log on there instead of PC EU, and it simply doesn't happen frequently...
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    0Ool2W3.png

There you go, I fixed it for you.

Now THAT is what I want on my T-Shirt

Zo-S-Tshirt.jpg

I’d spend real money, crowns, bitcoins, or trade stock options for a couple of those shirts.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    0Ool2W3.png

There you go, I fixed it for you.

Now THAT is what I want on my T-Shirt

Zo-S-Tshirt.jpg

I got dibs on a "Thanks For Your Patience" T-Shirt! :D:D:p
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know that, but I'm not sure the only culprit is the spaghetti code. If it was then we could kill PC NA every time we log on there instead of PC EU, and it simply doesn't happen frequently...

I'm sure none of us really know what the culprit is.... but it is triggered by the significantly greater density of PC EU players. There are more of them playing over a greater length of time than on PC NA.

I would imagine that if each of them decided to play on PC NA at the same time, the result would be equally catastrophic.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure none of us really know what the culprit is.... but it is triggered by the significantly greater density of PC EU players. There are more of them playing over a greater length of time than on PC NA.

I would imagine that if each of them decided to play on PC NA at the same time, the result would be equally catastrophic.

This is exactly WHY a Megaserver is a BAD idea, in theory, it's a cool idea but obviously not a good thing for ESO. Create "shards" aka realms with a maximum amount of users much like every other MMO. Something that has been proven to work very well. Doing so would also fix that annoying phasing issue where you always have to port to your invisible friend standing right next to you. Probably wont happen though.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Vaalquar wrote: »
    Yo, got some news. there will be new class in next DLC chapter. Its gonna be called CONNECTION INVESTIGATOR and it will be game breaking class.

Pet would be nice also :D
    In crown store ofc.

3eauMLP.jpg

:D

Just needs to be a hamster and it'd be perfect.

But seriously, what the hell have they done to the EU server over the last two months?
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'm getting Error 301's now. Anyone else, or is it just me?
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    301 error just now
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me too, got booted can't relog :(
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow the server toppled over after giving everyone (that was logged in) the next daily reward. #That is how ropey the servers are. Something that basic. Pathetic.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Me too, got booted can't relog :(
    301 error just now

I give up. I just give up now......
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow the server toppled over after giving everyone (that was logged in) the next daily reward. #That is how ropey the servers are. Something that basic. Pathetic.

Yo Ireniicus! Strangely enough if you press F for help page when you get error, the whole help page is down also. So this is definitely server-sided in my opinion, albeit unprofessional.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alienmeme.png
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Yo Ireniicus! Strangely enough, if you press F for help page when you get an error, the whole help page is down also. So this is definitely server-sided in my opinion, albeit unprofessional.

Yes, the hiccup was 100% server-side. It has to be server-side for everyone to be affected? I was just noting it happened moments after the daily reward popped up which would back end be a server-side job running. The job likely caused the server to have its moment despite it being midnight when 80% of the active player base is offline.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yo Ireniicus! Strangely enough, if you press F for help page when you get an error, the whole help page is down also. So this is definitely server-sided in my opinion, albeit unprofessional.

Yes, the hiccup was 100% server-side. It has to be server-side for everyone to be affected? I was just noting it happened moments after the daily reward popped up which would back end be a server-side job running. The job likely caused the server to have its moment despite it being midnight when 80% of the active player base is offline.

Eso is a flawless game 490482035589382145.png?v=1
This discussion has been closed.