The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil - It just isn't fun anymore

• Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    Log on. Outnumbered. Ride out of base to have a poke at taking back a tri-keep. Rolled by 60 DC ballgroup. Log out.
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lot of people talk a lot of crap here.

People were joining the loosing faction? No completely wrong 100% wrong. How many times have I seen every day players join the faction that is currently winning to get more points.. Not once did somebody come to log in on the loosing team because it's more fun - that's just made up out of nowhere.

Zerglings have been in cyrodiil since I started playing eso they are Fer sure not the problem. It's just ball groups running around and people can't be bothered fighting those losers for half an hour, while those that do always die to the same silly mistakes.

DC never having faction lock also completely made up. DC has always had numbers, but last year for example those ball groups do nothing but go to BM, destroy the stairs and chill there for 40 minutes while all their castles being taken. That's why they lost every damn campaign - because ball groups be trolling people. In fact they are still not winning a campaign for the same stupid reason and don't tell me they won last campaign - please: logging in from 12pm to 6am with 30 people against 3 defenders is not winning a campaign its just winning against the npc guards and even for that you need 30 people (PS: everybody who siege at night sucks because he can't play against players).

Deatroyable gates or bridges is not the problem ether, but heavily abused. One time hammer was trying to cross the Alessia / sejanus bridge and their own faction destroyed the bridge and kept it tagged just to be a troll. Speaking of the hammer yeah this *** hammer just remove it man.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    PvP is only getting better by the day Faction lock was the best thing to happen as far as im concerned
    Can you specify which tangible changes faction lock introduced that have changed the way Cyrodiil works? The only specific change I’ve seen anyone point out that’s a clear positive is “no spies”. But spies were never a major factor in how the campaign worked, and never impacted scoring much. What exactly is better now?

On PC EU EP faction is the underdog.

AD is usually the night faction. No need to discuss this, it happens that one faction puts up the pins... no real conspiracy behind this. Since lock EP does an incredible job as guerilla to get their scrolls back. I am not EP, but i see how well they play. DC is probably the strongest faction and quite straight forward. Whenever there are huge sieges blue vs yellow the reds attack 2-3 keeps at once. Just to weaken AD and to get one scroll back.

None of those moves happened while faction was unlocked. People just swapped to "balance" Cyrodiil the way they thought it should be. And while there was no lock there was never a DC vs. EP fight. It was just AP farming map up and map down.

CC was always a thorn for me... it juts doesnt go well with PvP on a scale of Cyrodiil. But the worst are currently the towers. They need a complete rework. They need to be square and straight up. No balcony to jump down to. Just square mini-keeps
    Edited by mague on October 15, 2019 11:15AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naive questions:
    • Is there anyway to check this oneself other than by joining the campaigns and hence (in some cases) triggering faction lock?

Nope. You can ask in your bigger or trade guilds and someone may know. Bear in mind the perspective may vary from players who normally log on at different times of the day.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot of people talk a lot of crap here.

People were joining the loosing faction? No completely wrong 100% wrong. How many times have I seen every day players join the faction that is currently winning to get more points.. Not once did somebody come to log in on the loosing team because it's more fun - that's just made up out of nowhere.

Zerglings have been in cyrodiil since I started playing eso they are Fer sure not the problem. It's just ball groups running around and people can't be bothered fighting those losers for half an hour, while those that do always die to the same silly mistakes.

DC never having faction lock also completely made up. DC has always had numbers, but last year for example those ball groups do nothing but go to BM, destroy the stairs and chill there for 40 minutes while all their castles being taken. That's why they lost every damn campaign - because ball groups be trolling people. In fact they are still not winning a campaign for the same stupid reason and don't tell me they won last campaign - please: logging in from 12pm to 6am with 30 people against 3 defenders is not winning a campaign its just winning against the npc guards and even for that you need 30 people (PS: everybody who siege at night sucks because he can't play against players).

Deatroyable gates or bridges is not the problem ether, but heavily abused. One time hammer was trying to cross the Alessia / sejanus bridge and their own faction destroyed the bridge and kept it tagged just to be a troll. Speaking of the hammer yeah this *** hammer just remove it man.

You sound mad. Are you mad?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »

CC immunity. Yeah that would be nice. It doesn’t actually happen. Mechanics simply become non-responsive in lag. Honestly I’d be a lot happier if this elusive CC immunity actually worked and wasn’t bypassed by certain abilities.

Oh well. At least PVE works perfectly. /sarcasm.

Uh, guess what....
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know pvp is dead when you go deep into enemy territory with a couple friends looking for a fight, and a zerg shows up, YOUR OWN FACTION! Everyone so desperate for any kind of action.

Yes PvP has been dying for awhile, but all these changes killed it for a lot of people. And currentlly DC on PC/NA Kaal, just dominating the map and pvdooring has made playing DC the boringest thing ever.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's say, they remove faction locks. What then?The problem would still persist.
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    Ball groups are effective unfortunately. So are zergs. Zergs and ball groups with the hammer even more so. Unfortunately.

It's fun fighting as a team, but the ball groups look just mindless and absurd. A blob of players wildly spamming one skill, over and over and over. And the zerg sizes are sometimes 50+ players vs like 10 defenders.

I've played in several pvp guilds over the years, and most of them used to have a standard rule. They would only push an enemy faction to their gate to get their scrolls, but wouldn't camp them to keep them gated. And they wouldn't push to their gate if there were no scrolls left to get.

The reason for this was simple - we enjoy fighting in pvp...and camping another faction's gate keeps would kill the campaign. Players from the other faction would lose heart or get bored and leave pvp. Makes total sense. Don't do it.

These days, players will deliberately overwhelm another faction and keep them gated, even with a huge population difference. It doesn't make sense if you truly enjoy pvp. If you enjoy pvdooring vs npc's, go to one of the other now-permanently-dead-ghost-town campaigns.

The greedy zerg mentality is literally killing competition. Even die-hard pvp lovers are losing interest. The overall population is getting lower and lower, even on the weekends. Stupid. Greedy. Zergs.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD ruin any sort of Competition on PC EU Kaal every single day.
    One guild is single-handedly responsible for destroying Cyrodiil for everyone else, it's utterly disgusting.

Voltranox, they do exactly what you mention above. It's a group taking the whole map, scrolls and all every morning almost unopposed. Then camping the gate keeps all afternoon.

People are logging in to Cyrodiil and immediately just writing 'F-This', or 'Bye' or 'This campaign is ruined' etc etc and leaving straight away. This, paired with the already 24h-populated AD means that there is no real resistance until the beginning of prime-time when enough opposition is online to make a push. And by that time, what is the point?
    There is hardly any PVP anymore, just faction stack AD zergs steamrolling over whatever they can.
    Good way to ruin a game guys. Great job indeed!

• trittnerxx
    trittnerxx
    ✭✭

The greedy zerg mentality is literally killing competition. Even die-hard pvp lovers are losing interest. The overall population is getting lower and lower, even on the weekends. Stupid. Greedy. Zergs.[/quote]

this is it, and why for the first time in awhile i have hardly even played! i even switched to ep for this camp just to try and change things up but to no avail, so i guess its back to good ole ad this campaign to just grind it out and hope it gets better!

• adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trittnerxx wrote: »
    this is it, and why for the first time in awhile i have hardly even played! i even switched to ep for this camp just to try and change things up but to no avail, so i guess its back to good ole ad this campaign to just grind it out and hope it gets better!

AD needs you back, Potato. Leave those silly EP nord loving Skyrim fanboys and come back to the world of khajit-with-bows stealthy-gank-wanna-be cannon fodder.

(grins)

Ray
    Ray
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    Let's say, they remove faction locks. What then?The problem would still persist.

I don't know about that. The Kaal NA campaign has been utterly static for two months. The fun is gone because there's no competition, it's a DC steamroll, because multiple guilds are stacking DC right now instead of their usual factions.

Faction locks wouldn't affect me one way or another (at least, not the characters I play), I only play DC out of sheer habit, but faction hopping doesn't bother me at all.

I feel if faction locks weren't a thing right now the experience would be improved, because the campaign is beyond boring and DC players with characters on different factions would switch to spice things up. It would also minimize the impact of zergling guilds who now main a campaign for at least 30 days at a time.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »

No because now there would be a chance for people who are bored with the mindless faction-stacked zerging to swap to an underdog. Before my group went belly-up we would literally do that anytime our faction got too rowdy and zergy, and so did several other groups, for us faction was irrelevant as we wanted a challenge, and fighting for the underdog factions certainly provided us with that challenge.

It's fairly obvious to see that the people who still support faction lock are the ones who continuously got farmed/exposed by smaller, better groups who swapped out to fight the zergs, and now that they don't have to deal with that constantly they are trying to maintain that status quo.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    AD ruin any sort of Competition on PC EU Kaal every single day.
    One guild is single-handedly responsible for destroying Cyrodiil for everyone else, it's utterly disgusting.

Voltranox, they do exactly what you mention above. It's a group taking the whole map, scrolls and all every morning almost unopposed. Then camping the gate keeps all afternoon.

People are logging in to Cyrodiil and immediately just writing 'F-This', or 'Bye' or 'This campaign is ruined' etc etc and leaving straight away. This, paired with the already 24h-populated AD means that there is no real resistance until the beginning of prime-time when enough opposition is online to make a push. And by that time, what is the point?
    There is hardly any PVP anymore, just faction stack AD zergs steamrolling over whatever they can.
    Good way to ruin a game guys. Great job indeed!

Of course they're camping keeps - they can't go anywhere anymore!

Ironic to see a faction locker complaining about the very thing that those of us opposed to faction lock knew would happen (and got roundly abused for). I do confess to some schadenfreude. Good luck getting the map to move. Maybe that guild will join your side next time, then you can at least get some AP until it's you sitting there gating another faction, bored out of your skull.

Until then, enjoy the fruits of faction locking.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is quickly becoming more and more centred around a 'Ball Group' Meta - I myself have seen so, so many more of them on PC-NA Kaalgrontiid than ever before in these last two campaigns, and they are the -least- fun thing to fight. 12-20 players running in a tightly stacked group spamming heals and cleanses and destruction staff ultimates just makes me roll my eyes at this point. I daresay ball groups are one of the biggest reasons that the server lags. The performance takes a massive hit whenever one of the specific EP ball groups I won't name log on and begin their raids; anywhere near them becomes unplayable, so you go to the other side of the map, only to get zerged down by 60+ DC.

This whole nightcapping/faction stacking/PvDooring an empty campaign, taking all the scrolls, flipping all the keeps, and painting the map one colour is also contributing to why PvP is horribly laggy and no longer enjoyable. I don't care much for map score, but it's incredibly hard to do anything most of the time, or to even get some good fights, when you're gated and DC is actively farming AD/EP at their spawn.

People just log off instead of dealing with it, and I imagine this same handful of guilds that are the root of this problem pat themselves on the back as if they've done a good job. They're not. Everyone hates them and there's absolutely no respect for it.

It was EP doing it, then it was AD, and now it is DC.. not due to the factions themselves, but due to a handful of disreputable guilds that hop from faction to faction. I just hope these guilds realize they're actively killing PvP and driving people away from Cyrodiil and ESO in general. I think the new no-faction lock 30-day CP campaign might alleviate some of these issues, but I'm entirely uncertain anymore. I haven't felt this miserable in a long time, and this is my first forum post -ever- in ESO to even try and vent some of my frustrations.

ZOS, please, do have a look at Cyrodiil and look at new ways to solve these issues.
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    It’s basically just faction stacks these days

Maybe you were just used to playing on the faction doing all the zerging that everyone flocked to and now that the zerging is even all around you dont like it? Imo I dont notice any difference in the way that Cyro is played except now it just seems like equal zergs on all sides.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with Faction lock @Mr_Walker, but nice try.
    This has been happening in exactly the same way for over 2 YEARS!
    So, get your facts straight and stick to complaining about Australian issues or whatever other garbage you repeatedly spew out.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA Kaal, the 25,000 point differential brought to you by faction lock. I'm really looking forward to the new unlocked campaign coming out. We'll finally get back to meaningful pvp where the winning faction isn't decided in the first week of the campaign and the last week is actually consequential and competitive.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the title, as a solo pvper.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    PC NA Kaal, the 25,000 point differential brought to you by faction lock. I'm really looking forward to the new unlocked campaign coming out. We'll finally get back to meaningful pvp where the winning faction isn't decided in the first week of the campaign and the last week is actually consequential and competitive.

I hope enough people move to make it viable. I hope enough PVP'ers are even left to make two campaigns work. 7 day is dead now because it's dead, so no one goes there, ensuring it stays dead. :s
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, get your facts straight and stick to complaining about Australian issues or whatever other garbage you repeatedly spew out.

Keep telling yourself that. No denying the map no longer moves at night.

• Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Faction lock supporter spotted. Before faction locks the scores were definitely closer than they are now, but keep thinking that faction lock solves more problems than it creates :)
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    The first week of this last campaign was dominated by a DC Australian guild during offpeak hours but after they found almost no one to fight the people in said guild pretty much stopped playing. The DC who sweep the map are actually very late night early morning US-based players as the map is blue before we as Aussies even log in for our evening's play. This has had a detrimental effect on the population with both AD and EP collecting low population bonuses on some nights.

Not complaining just pointing out what is happening from my perspective, factions rise and fall 3 months ago it was AD who were being complained about as rolling the map and as an AD player, I hate yellow maps.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »
    The first week of this last campaign was dominated by a DC Australian guild during offpeak hours but after they found almost no one to fight the people in said guild pretty much stopped playing. The DC who sweep the map are actually very late night early morning US-based players as the map is blue before we as Aussies even log in for our evening's play. This has had a detrimental effect on the population with both AD and EP collecting low population bonuses on some nights.

Not complaining just pointing out what is happening from my perspective, factions rise and fall 3 months ago it was AD who were being complained about as rolling the map and as an AD player, I hate yellow maps.

A very accurate description.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    All pvp is is siege now. Even when ur defending a keep people of the opposite alliance will sprint upstairs and pour oils over us while we defend (and it ticks on you for 17k+) everyone is way too afraid to fight and they just run away to siege more. It does way too much damage ( cold stone treb does 20k one shot)

If people aren’t sieging they are just tanks or ganks. Usually sprinting away to get a new o tic. Once they changed the ap gains to be 6k per keep and 1.5k per resource that really ruined pvp. Made ranks irrelevant and nobody wants to fight.

Disclaimer Idc if you use siege and like to play the campaign and defend the map etc. you go be ur best self. Just know there’s a time and a place and it is a player vs player zone. Fight for ap.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC MUST BE EXTERMINATED AT ALL COST !
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    All pvp is is siege now. Even when ur defending a keep people of the opposite alliance will sprint upstairs and pour oils over us while we defend (and it ticks on you for 17k+) everyone is way too afraid to fight and they just run away to siege more. It does way too much damage ( cold stone treb does 20k one shot)

If people aren’t sieging they are just tanks or ganks. Usually sprinting away to get a new o tic. Once they changed the ap gains to be 6k per keep and 1.5k per resource that really ruined pvp. Made ranks irrelevant and nobody wants to fight.

Disclaimer Idc if you use siege and like to play the campaign and defend the map etc. you go be ur best self. Just know there’s a time and a place and it is a player vs player zone. Fight for ap.

It has nothing to do with AP gain from taking keeps and resources. You win the campaign by taking and holding territory. Its designed to be an objective based game and that's how it is played. You fight other groups all the time in the process.

People don't want to fight the tank meta and the troll groups that spend an hour playing ring around the tower or keep wall boring everyone to death with their stupidity.

If all you want is a deathmatch game, go play that on battle grounds or find another game that does it better.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    RedGirl41 wrote: »

It has nothing to do with AP gain from taking keeps and resources. You win the campaign by taking and holding territory. Its designed to be an objective based game and that's how it is played. You fight other groups all the time in the process.

People don't want to fight the tank meta and the troll groups that spend an hour playing ring around the tower or keep wall boring everyone to death with their stupidity.

If all you want is a deathmatch game, go play that on battle grounds or find another game that does it better.

Zergling that gets farmed by small scallers detected.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Oh, god yes. The whole "let's kite around the tower for 20 minutes" is so boring as soon as I see they're doing it now I usually just run off. I don't even see the point of the builds, they're generally pretty useless.