The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upgrading the Dragonguard Sanctum progression

Aisleyne
Aisleyne
✭✭✭✭✭
For anyone interested in how this works, there is an achievement with four tiers. Progression is through main story quests and two dailies available in the Sanctum (one to kill dragons, one overland).

Completing the entire quest line will contribute a total of 9 quests towards this achievement (6 from Southern Elsweyr, 3 from the Finale).

4 quests completed - Chef added, extra nonfunctional NPCs
12 quests completed - Door unlocked to the Armory (Ancient Dragonguard set craftable)
20 quests completed - Achievement Furnisher unlocked (upstairs near the Dragon Hunt daily quest giver), The Good Bits quest becomes available (unlocks new alchemy reagent, Dragon Rheum)
30 quests completed - Daily Dragonguard Supply Chest (now drops New Moon Priest motif pages)

Link to Achievement Furnishing pictures:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496349/southern-elsweyr-achievement-furnisher

If you are looking for the achievement to track your progress, check under Dragonhold > Quests for one of the following:

A Call to Arms
Restoring the Order
Reforging the Dragonguard
Dragonguard Operative
Edited by Aisleyne on April 22, 2020 4:18PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it mean 6 days (2 quests each day - 2x6=12 quests) to get crafting station?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Does it mean 6 days (2 quests each day - 2x6=12 quests) to get crafting station?

If you are only doing dailies yes, but the story counted as well. I didn't realize the significance at the time, so this number may not be perfect, but I believe I had 7/12 before I started doing dailies.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run through the main story on a third character to check on the contribution from the story quests. Updated the original post to include the information. If you do the whole quest line, you'll start with 9/12 towards the crafting station unlock.

The dailies become available with the second quest in the main story.
    Edited by Aisleyne on October 2, 2019 8:10PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the full unlock is in 30 quests, that could be just a couple of weeks after the story quests. Just about as long as a Indrik berry event.
    Does that feel too fast to anyone? From the dev twitch it sounded like they want people to keep visiting the zone and/or keep but unless it's set up better than Vivec I don't see that happening after full unlock for whatever Achievements are associated with it.
    There was talk of a goodie drop there every day (?) but it'd just be a chore if the setup isn't as convenient as Vivec for daily writs.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    If the full unlock is in 30 quests, that could be just a couple of weeks after the story quests. Just about as long as a Indrik berry event.
    Does that feel too fast to anyone? From the dev twitch it sounded like they want people to keep visiting the zone and/or keep but unless it's set up better than Vivec I don't see that happening after full unlock for whatever Achievements are associated with it.
    There was talk of a goodie drop there every day (?) but it'd just be a chore if the setup isn't as convenient as Vivec for daily writs.

I think people will be going back to do the dailies and get the motif pages long after they've finished opening up the base. So far I have done 11 dailies and received 1 motif page against 10 style mats. Maybe just bad RNG, but even if it turns out to be the same rate as other zones it's still going to take far longer than a couple of weeks to get the motif.
    PC EU
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless this progress is account wide, that sounds like a miserable slog for alts.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless this progress is account wide, that sounds like a miserable slog for alts.

what would be the need to unlock it on alts tough?
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh.. an other Psijic style grind..

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First thing that comes to mind is if your main isn't a crafter.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah my main isn't my crafter so I guess that means I have to do this DLC with my crafter? That's going to suck. My crafter has trouble fighting a imp.

Edited by Red_Feather on September 27, 2019 5:30PM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was an interesting idea to do something that will keep people coming back, but in the end it doesn't quite work. I think that the people who were going to do the dailies for motifs, etc would still be there doing them. Then I think there are people who will look at it as a grind they don't want to do and won't bother. The rest will do the 30 quests to get their unlocks then not go back. The end result isn't much different than if they hadn't included this mechanic.

It's hard to assess it definitively without knowing what the last tiers bring. But if they want to make an area that will keep people coming back, it would have been better to add something cool or QoL with each unlock. As it is now, it feels like important functions are being withheld. A good example of this is the achievement vendor--something that is meant to reward you for your accomplishments. I feel this should have been included with the first tier because people should always be able to access the things they've already earned. Congratulations you've unlocked this awesome item, now just do 20/30 dailies and you can have it in a few weeks---err what?

I'm keeping an open mind until the final unlocks are known, but that's my impression so far.
    Edited by Aisleyne on September 27, 2019 9:31PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

First thing that comes to mind is if your main isn't a crafter.[/quote]

Motif pages are Character Bound? o.O Urgh.
    At least the one for Cadwell's Gold wasn't so I put it on my crafter main.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starke wrote:

First thing that comes to mind is if your main isn't a crafter.

Motif pages are Character Bound? o.O Urgh.
    At least the one for Cadwell's Gold wasn't so I put it on my crafter main.

Probably not, but I haven't been grinding on the PTS, because... really, grinding on the PTS.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to end any speculation, the motif pages are, of course, not bound. Pretty sure they were referring to the grind to unlock the Ancient Dragonguard station for non-main crafters, not the Dragonguard motif.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for the third tier unlocks. Achievement Furnisher unlocked at 20 quests completed. Pictures posted in this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496349/southern-elsweyr-achievement-furnisher
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to get the final tier uncovered before Monday's update has everyone focused on combat changes, so I made the extra effort to get shared as many dailies as possible. If anyone is interested, I've found a total of 6 overland dailies. I was able to do two dragon hunting dailies during the stress test so it's likely the same as Northern Elsweyr.

Anyhow, I've unlocked the final tier of the achievement and discovered....nothing. Apart from maybe some extra background npcs (added with each tier to give it a more "lived in" feel), I can't find any change at all. It seems strange they wouldn't add anything on completion, so right now I'm wondering if it might be a bug.

Sadly, as it is now I can't see people spending much time there.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of those Dragonguard hitching posts on the balcony opposite the entrance inside the sanctum. Are they still inactive and unusable? I thought they might be something that's linked to the upgrades.
    PC EU
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of those Dragonguard hitching posts on the balcony opposite the entrance inside the sanctum. Are they still inactive and unusable? I thought they might be something that's linked to the upgrades.

I just went to double check. I can't find any way to use them. :/
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since last updating this, I have finished the progression on later pts builds. I've seen no change in the result of reaching 30 quests so I'm inclined to think that it really does offer nothing new.

The last time I completed this was entirely with dailies and I saw no difference in the end result. I wanted to put it out there that the first two quests to get to the sanctum and unlock the dailies are relatively fast. If you do not wish to do the story, it is still possible to complete the upgrades.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    If you do not wish to do the story, it is still possible to complete the upgrades.

This is actually a pretty interesting observation. I think progressing through the story should give you certain things that merely upgrading without the story cannot. In any case it definitely feels like a letdown to not let you finish the task without a bit of hurrah at the end.
    I suppose it's possible ZOS is holding back something from the PTS and will surprise us when it goes live. Fingers crossed.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading the patch notes from today:

A quest to unlock a unique crafting component from dragons:

Dragon's Rheum can be obtained by defeating from dragons after completing the "The Good Bits" quest, unlocked by helping rebuild the Dragonguard Sanctum.

I've updated this to show that "The Good Bits" quest is available upon the completion of 20 quests.
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    does the daily quest giver have to be unlocked as well? I couldnt find it yet.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonsister wrote: »
    does the daily quest giver have to be unlocked as well? I couldnt find it yet.

The first main story quest should take you to the Sanctum. Once you finish that, the second quest will involve talking to people there. After you return to Sai, completing this quest, both dailies should be available to you. One will be on the ground floor near the wayshrine. The other will be in an alcove after you go up the ramps along the back wall.
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    guys so no reason to grind for 30/30?
    all usefull things unlocks at 20/30?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    guys so no reason to grind for 30/30?
    all usefull things unlocks at 20/30?

Unless they have changed something in the last week from PTS to Live, yes, that's right. Though if you're at all interested in collecting motifs, you will likely get to 30 eventually anyway.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I did not realise that my crafter would have to do this to access the armor and did the DLC on my khajit toon. This was not mentioned anywhere by Zos.

So now I will have to unlock the sanctum on my khajit to get the quest achievement rewards as I am NOT doing all those quests again.

and

I will also have to do all the dailies over and over on my crafter so I can make the armor, since the fact I did the work on my khajit toon will simply not count?

I am going from yay, this was fun, to I hate this now... why turn a cool area into required grind?
    Edited by merevie on October 23, 2019 4:40AM
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just put the motifs on your bank and learn it with your crafter? the are not char-bound... they are not even account bound?!

but i have another question, i did 20 of those quests, but still cant find it anyway.
    Where is this achievment vendoor finally located?

the screenshot is german, but the numbers are the same :hushed:7s2hr5n92vrd.png
    Edited by tim99 on October 23, 2019 8:26PM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The achievement vendor is inside the Dragonguard Sanctum. She is upstairs, across from the chef, and just outside the alcove where you pickup the dragon hunt daily.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3