The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

The Craglorn Pug Scene

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is still a massive S-Show. In case you were wondering.

Because of all the chatter about everyone and their brother doing 100k DPS now and all content is trivialized. And the game is so easy. In case you can’t not tell, this is me dripping with sarcasm.

My fellow forum warriors. We’re out of touch with the masses that really make the world go round. We’ve always been. Even more so now.

I am here to attest to the truth that the Craglorn Pug scene is every bit as bad as it’s ever been. I’m sure some will be better than others. But the general feel I get from random zone vet trial callouts; is most players are still quite bad. At least when it comes to vet level content.

My advice is just don’t. No matter how much DPS we’re supposed to have now, most are no where close. And even further away from being able to play any kind of mechanic.

This sentiment comes from much personal experience. Group finder supports this also to a degree. You either get players that are well prepared and God-Like in their endeavors. Or terribad, just put on any gear I find type; should be ok since I’m level 160.

There’s an undeniable massive Casual/Veteran divide. Any amount of “Balancing” is not going to fix this.

All difficulties in game are artificially created afaic. It can be easy or hard as they want it to be.

It seems that the vast majority of this games playerbase is not that sweaty hardcore so balancing anything close to that is setting up for failure.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We've probably both been standing within distance of each other over the years in Belkarth and yes gigantic S*** show...

The elite end gaming community of PS4 NA & EU is very small. My guild does vet Progressions and we've had some success here and there but in all actuality we're not all there as a group yet even after nearly 2 years of playing together.

I see why people try to get lucky and pug-trial it out but yes completely horrid experiences are to be expected.

"LF all roles vSS" <-- almost a 100% guarantee waste of time.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    We've probably both been standing within distance of each other over the years in Belkarth and yes gigantic S*** show...

The elite end gaming community of PS4 NA & EU is very small. My guild does vet Progressions and we've had some success here and there but in all actuality we're not all there as a group yet even after nearly 2 years of playing together.

I see why people try to get lucky and pug-trial it out but yes completely horrid experiences are to be expected.

LOL. I actually saw a "LF all role VMOL" this weekend. I almost joined just to get a sick thrill. Then I sobered up.

I run with several guilds and I tend to get lucky with pugs that contain at least 3-6 members from those guilds who are killing time between raids. I've also played enough to recognize the names of some players so I have an idea what I am getting myself into, but more importantly, which groups to avoid.

The one red flag that almost always guarantees failure? Joining a pug and watching as someone, unsolicited, posts their gear and brags about their last parse. It usually ends with that guy (because its always a guy) rage-quitting after blaming the tank for getting him killed on the first boss in vHRC.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

LOL. I actually saw a "LF all role VMOL" this weekend. I almost joined just to get a sick thrill. Then I sobered up.

I run with several guilds and I tend to get lucky with pugs that contain at least 3-6 members from those guilds who are killing time between raids. I've also played enough to recognize the names of some players so I have an idea what I am getting myself into, but more importantly, which groups to avoid.

The one red flag that almost always guarantees failure? Joining a pug and watching as someone, unsolicited, posts their gear and brags about their last parse. It usually ends with that guy (because its always a guy) rage-quitting after blaming the tank for getting him killed on the first boss in vHRC.

Hit it on the head @El_Borracho !

Also, I really agree braggers are usually the worst. I've known some really good players over the years most of which have most all DLC trial/challenger skins, personalities, titles galore, impressive everything and they usually rock skele polymorph with their <Guild> display and always let their competency show for itself.

Not saying if you have all the shinny things in ESO players shouldn't proudly wear them out, but most don't boast is all I'm saying. This is just my personal observations of elite players during my short time dabbling in endgame society.
    Edited by Odovacar on September 25, 2019 5:51PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Is still a massive S-Show. In case you were wondering.

Because of all the chatter about everyone and their brother doing 100k DPS now and all content is trivialized. And the game is so easy. In case you can’t not tell, this is me dripping with sarcasm.

My fellow forum warriors. We’re out of touch with the masses that really make the world go round. We’ve always been. Even more so now.

I am here to attest to the truth that the Craglorn Pug scene is every bit as bad as it’s ever been. I’m sure some will be better than others. But the general feel I get from random zone vet trial callouts; is most players are still quite bad. At least when it comes to vet level content.

My advice is just don’t. No matter how much DPS we’re supposed to have now, most are no where close. And even further away from being able to play any kind of mechanic.

This sentiment comes from much personal experience. Group finder supports this also to a degree. You either get players that are well prepared and God-Like in their endeavors. Or terribad, just put on any gear I find type; should be ok since I’m level 160.

There’s an undeniable massive Casual/Veteran divide. Any amount of “Balancing” is not going to fix this.

All difficulties in game are artificially created afaic. It can be easy or hard as they want it to be.

It seems that the vast majority of this games playerbase is not that sweaty hardcore so balancing anything close to that is setting up for failure.

I wouldn't call it "bad" per se. I'd probably just point out that everyone started somewhere and we're all still very much learning. I spent a lot of time pugging Crags to get my feet wet in the raiding scene and to try to learn how to heal through mechanics. Not all of it was fun, but every bit of it was valuable in terms of learning. If someone is "bad", it's usually best to try to help them and offer mature, constructive critique that isn't designed to vent your rage at being blown up from yet another Destructive synergy in vHRChm.
    Edited by p00tx on September 25, 2019 11:48PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slow down there matey! Regular Pug Vet is sketchy enough! They put it in HardMode, all bets are off!
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC/NA here. Theres LFM vCR, vMoL or vHoF spamned almost every night in zone chat. Lmfao
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was in a vSS pug the other day,me and one other dps were doing 20% each.