The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Uncovered secret for Stam Necro DPS

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

You know, that used to be the MagDk and MagBlade standard set up waaay back in the day before the buffed destro light attacks.

Templar too, still have my moondancer and master architect swords rotting away in my bank.

That aside its Pretty hillarious that this actually works out so close to bow/dual wield stamnecro.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar used to play dual wield as well in the past... So nothing very new ...
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you got a video of that? I MUST see it lmaoooo

Edit: Also if you could make a stamsorc too id would be nice
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on September 19, 2019 12:03PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol nice

Kinda
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    Make DW/Inferno great again
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing. Change often has unintended consequences...
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    I loved my Magplar Moondancer DW Sword build !
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guess that’s part of standardizing abilities. Play as you want to the max.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    I'd have to dig it up, but we kicked this idea around last patch and a guildmate (and better player than me) hit 93.5k on a stamsorc with a vMA Inferno backbar.

Of course, back then it was just a meme to show stamsorcs hitting harder than magsorcs with an inferno staff backbar.

I did quite a few parses on stamsorc this morning with vMA Inferno backbar, pairing 5 Rele with 5 Lokke or 5 New Moon. I was consistently hitting around 80k, which is about 3k lower than I hit with a more reasonable setup.

I'm also hitting about 81.5k on a stamnecro with a vMA Bow backbar and Endless Hail. I don't think the Inferno backbar is going to be optimal but it is disturbingly close on some builds.

The same here. Inferno vs Bow is a matter of sustain vs dmg. Because sustain with Hail is pretty rough. Having negative stamina drain on target Attro with Lava Foot seems wrong.

Stamnecro sustain has always been trash, though. That's why we run Lavafoot in raid and still hope for Hircine's and Master's Resto (nerfed this patch too, of course).

It can be mitigated pretty effectively with 2H + Absorb Stam, Stormfist, or Grundwulf tthough.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Hi can you do this for stamplar?

You can do this on every class.
  • Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    So not only do we not have any class identity, we are losing resource identity also? We are going from having a meta build for mag and a meta build for stam to just having one meta build for all.

How exciting, we can all use the same build.... :(
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested you theory on my stamsorc on PTS, and i was surpirse to see I can get 33-35k on 6m dummy ( did 6 pars). Though my set up was different a little bit and I had no spammable, only relying on LA for dmg mainly. It took me a while to adjust, but I had fun doing it.

10k magicka, 18k HP, 32 stamina
    3,8k WD, 67% WC, 16k resist
    Race: khajiit
    Mundus: shadow
    Food: max stiman and health
    Daul wield: dagger and axe, double dot poisons
    vMA: power enchantment
    Jewelry: infused weapon dmg

Front bar: daul wield
    Ultimate: dawn breaker for passive
    1- either morph of rending slash
    2- deadly clock
    3- shadow silk
    4- bound armaments
    5- camouflaged hunter

Back bar: Vma destro
    Ultimate: atronach (main)
    1-unstable wall
    2- razor caltrops
    3- hurricane
    4- barbed trap
    5- surge

2x grundwulf set, 5x relequen body, 5x blood moon front bar, vMA destro stave back bar.

Pros: good aoe and single target dmg, dynamic rotation, and group utility.

Cons: stamina sustain issue without orbs, need allies to get most of dmg. 3 skills are ground base, so mobile fights are tough.

I'm just an average player, I'm certain if more expirenced players do the parses, they most likely do better dmg and have better sustain.

If you ever try, please let me know what you get and if there is a better way to improve it.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for posting this. It really showcases what a sloppy, thoughtless mess Zos made with this patch.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Hi can you do this for stamplar?

Could be interesting with a high uptime on Empower... If not DW with Empowering Sweep then maybe 2h Wrecking Blow + LA spam. Idk this patch is weird as
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have these sets (sad panda)
    - to the people posting "Hybrid" how is it a hybrid? Looks like a Stam build that runs back bar destroy for a single utility ability. Maybe I'm missing something?

I also kinda feel like the sets are doing practically all the work
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is hilarious! Keep up the good work Zos!!!
    tenor.gif
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malyck wrote: »
    So not only do we not have any class identity, we are losing resource identity also? We are going from having a meta build for mag and a meta build for stam to just having one meta build for all.

How exciting, we can all use the same build.... :(

Quote from the U24 patch notes live stream:

"If everything dealt the same damage it would be more of like what is cool to experience". 1:02:37.

Provides a nice little window on their thinking.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - to the people posting "Hybrid" how is it a hybrid? Looks like a Stam build that runs back bar destroy for a single utility ability. Maybe I'm missing something?

I never said it was a hybrid, it is really hard to do that. I tried using liqued splash with elemntal wall, i ran out of magicka and could not recast any of them. Unstable wall alone was taking chunk lf my mag pool in comparison to dark deal or critical surge. To do hybrid, i believe you need higher WD/SD and magicka pool higher than 20k and high regen as well. Another crippling issue is that spell dmg and weapon dmg skills are complately saperated by pen, max stat, cp allocation and not per say "scale with highest offensive stat" like soul trap or most ultimates. The new high cost increase for most aoe skills and decrease of dmg of single target is crippling all dd spec that are mag/stam and hybrid.

Though i somewhat aggree with you about sets do most of the work, relueqen has been kniw to be a carry set since it was first interduced, but grundwulf and blood moon synrgize very well with stam sorc be cause of LA dmg and resource return via crit tagged alone with crit surge you get both heals and resources. I will try to do pure dmg sets and see how it works.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Getting carried by sets has Kind of been stams Thing for PvE dps for quite some time, probably since relequen introduction.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Getting carried by sets has Kind of been stams Thing for PvE dps for quite some time, probably since relequen introduction.

Longer. Before that it was the penetration stacking you could do for stamina with nmg/ sunderflame/ etc, and not for magic.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Does this still work in Dragonhold? Love this idea!

Rom