Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Uncovered secret for Stam Necro DPS

Mizaeron
Mizaeron
✭✭✭
8jauknx4z6w0.png
fbbcajwia9qd.png

This is the best build I found so far after some tests with Bow turned out disappointing. Could push to 83k I think.

Run vMA Inferno backbar - gives 8% more damage and more damage on light attacks, easily applies Berserk enchant with blockade.

Basically, backbar you just cast Blockade every 14seconds. Rest of backbar is filled with fighters guild abilities, I don't think it even matters what's on backbar, just Blockade for weapon damage enchant.

Frontbar - cast blastbones (3 in 1). So reapply trap and archer when off CD and Siphon (still buggy) rest is Venom skull spam.

Dawnbreaker as ulti, I don't think it's worth using colossus for individual DPS anymore, at least I didn't get good result.

With Bow I was doing 79k, perhaps could do 80k, but you need Arrow Barrage to get 100% berserk, just PI gives you 50% berserk, and Barrage very stam intensive, so need to do some heavy attacks.

With this build my stam is always above 70% so no sustain problems, can even use Maarselok in Raid, since you need more negative effects, Zaan is also decent actually it will do more dmg than Velidreth, just you lose weapon damage, so overall perhaps not worth it.

I think this can work for other stam builds as well, especially those who struggle with sustain. This is DW build without DW skills ^^, RIP.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi can you do this for stamplar?
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WHOA
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also LOL what is this life
  • Mizaeron
    Mizaeron
    ✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Hi can you do this for stamplar?

Hi, I never played stamplar, would need to make new char which takes 1 hour to set up, could learn it perhaps NP but it's already late, do you know what people get on stamplar, so I have something to compare to if I try it tomorrow
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    combat designer team really did an impressive job this time
    now we are closer to hybridation!!

no sarcams, really cool stuff
    spellswordstaff is closer i can feel it here
    Edited by crazywolfpusher on September 19, 2019 12:48AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe my mdk should switch to a bow
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is all about saving the stamina from Endless Hail (a morph you could still use if you want to economize on sustain)? And it outweighs the lesser damage from the skill itself plus any backbar light attacks?
  • Mizaeron
    Mizaeron
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I need to check to be certain, but la damage increased by around 10% I think, barrage was doing 5% plus cost stamina
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should make more changes towards mage builds, and see if it improves the stam DPS more o:)
  • Mizaeron
    Mizaeron
    ✭✭✭
    I will post tomorrow both comparisons, try vma bow instead of master bow, cause with master you need to use both poison injection and barrage to get weapon enchant 100 percent. So perhaps vMA bow and just casting Hail might be better. Though I would lose 8‰ dmg bonus from destro staff passive and la damage, so my prediction is it won't be better
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this would only work on a stamnecro, maybe a stamwarden. If blockade lasts 10 seconds and costs 5k you’d need 1k/regen a Sec to maintain it. Blockade lasts longer on PTS I think, 12 seconds? Either way you’ll need a lot of class regen to make it work.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I think this would only work on a stamnecro, maybe a stamwarden.

I'd say that it looks likely to work better on builds that have few other magicka sinks. Some of the "scales off your highest offensive stat" skills cost magicka even for stamina users. So do some some utility skills.

Iskiab wrote: »
    If blockade lasts 10 seconds and costs 5k you’d need 1k/regen a Sec to maintain it. .

That looks like a typo. 5K in 10 seconds is 500/second = 1K regen, but that's not "regen a second", because ticks every 2 seconds.

Further, if Elemental Drain or Siphon Spirit is up for the Minor Magickasteal, you can hope to make 300 magicka per second just from that.

And by the way -- Blockade lasts a longer than you seem to think it does. People just are getting better DPS from and hence switchingto the Unstable Wall morph, which lasts 8 seconds.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 19, 2019 3:56AM
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is sad
    I'm not cool with stam toons running a magika destro staff back bar sorry, defeats the point imo of even being stam.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic, thought about this years ago when trying to make a hybrid, and it only took all skills to become useless for it to make sense!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    this is sad
    I'm not cool with stam toons running a magika destro staff back bar sorry, defeats the point imo of even being stam.

Call me crazy, but this may be ZOS's intention: making hybrids more viable.

Edit: You know what? I'm going with this theory. StamDK with inferno backbar, here I come!
    Edited by Cadbury on September 19, 2019 11:32AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What!?

DW with inferno staff.........
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant! /s

Making hybrids viable by removing the validity of stamina weapon skills. Who could have seen this coming?
    Edited by Corpier on September 19, 2019 4:36AM
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ewwww.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From semi dynamic rotation, to inferno backbar 1 bar DPS, way to go ZoS
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    What did I wake up to.....lmao.

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    What did I wake up to.....lmao.

The Rise Of The Hybrids
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have to dig it up, but we kicked this idea around last patch and a guildmate (and better player than me) hit 93.5k on a stamsorc with a vMA Inferno backbar.

Of course, back then it was just a meme to show stamsorcs hitting harder than magsorcs with an inferno staff backbar.

I did quite a few parses on stamsorc this morning with vMA Inferno backbar, pairing 5 Rele with 5 Lokke or 5 New Moon. I was consistently hitting around 80k, which is about 3k lower than I hit with a more reasonable setup.

I'm also hitting about 81.5k on a stamnecro with a vMA Bow backbar and Endless Hail. I don't think the Inferno backbar is going to be optimal but it is disturbingly close on some builds.
  • frozzzen101
    frozzzen101
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legit idea for people with sustain issues. Which shows how off are devs this pts cycle. Predictably, yet again.
    More than 50% of total parse is light attack, blastbones and relequen proc. Boy are we heading for fun experience..
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow @Mizaeron
    You are the new DPS GOD! :D

That is so sad to see. Time to run bois. Run as fast as you can.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    I'd have to dig it up, but we kicked this idea around last patch and a guildmate (and better player than me) hit 93.5k on a stamsorc with a vMA Inferno backbar.

Of course, back then it was just a meme to show stamsorcs hitting harder than magsorcs with an inferno staff backbar.

I did quite a few parses on stamsorc this morning with vMA Inferno backbar, pairing 5 Rele with 5 Lokke or 5 New Moon. I was consistently hitting around 80k, which is about 3k lower than I hit with a more reasonable setup.

I'm also hitting about 81.5k on a stamnecro with a vMA Bow backbar and Endless Hail. I don't think the Inferno backbar is going to be optimal but it is disturbingly close on some builds.

The same here. Inferno vs Bow is a matter of sustain vs dmg. Because sustain with Hail is pretty rough. Having negative stamina drain on target Attro with Lava Foot seems wrong.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 19, 2019 8:46AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost identical rotation minus boneyard to the original elsweyr magcro rotation. hilarious.
    Edited by ecru on September 19, 2019 11:28AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is blasphemy
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for taking the time and bringing this issue up. Hopefully devs will rethink some of their decisions. Nerfs are fine and definitely needed but mindless nerfing is worse than anything.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    What!?

DW with inferno staff.........

You know, that used to be the MagDk and MagBlade standard set up waaay back in the day before the buffed destro light attacks.
    EU | PC | AD