The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

can we get a pvp campaign where you cant animation cancel (for dps)?

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    What a load of crap. He is NOT just hitting people with Bezerk strike.
    Its 5 attacks in a fraction of a second. Typical excuse to something that every fanboi of this crap tries to defend.

There are A LOT of other vids of this same type of mechanics and some are even worse.

Fanbois love to claim ( dont take animation canceling out . It will hurt my dps and ruin the game)
    Aww poor babies. You dont give a crap about dps for you dungeons and boss stuff. Its ALL about pvp and nothing else.

In truth THEY are the ones that want the easy way and love the Animation Canceling because it makes their macro spamming ;#$!,:&! Work.
    Without it they would just be a normal player with no extra edge in battle except their choices of builds and gear. JUST AS IT SHOULD BE.

SO keep making excuses. Soon enough you fanbois will be all thats left playing .
    It would have happened sooner but sadly the good mmo's the majority have been waiting for havent released yet.

When they do , then this game will be a ghost town since ZOS hasnt fixed THIS along with a ton of other crap. But its coming and players are dwindling already slowly just because they are getting fed up.
    Didn't know it was possible to be this lost. Holy *** there is so many wrong things in that post :D I wonder how deep the hate must sit inside some of you.

Its actually quite amazing to witness.
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Wish they could keep weaving and the fluidness and high skill ceiling but eliminate animation canceling. Cause sure it feels good playing but you can't honestly say it looks good. It seriously makes the game look broken. Go watch a good ani-canceler, it looks like they are bugging out with skills firing off randomly. Wouldn't doubt it's a big contributor to ESO being a nonfactor in e-sports and twitch. Gawd Fortnite looks better on stream than ESO. Throw AC into any ARPG and it would be fallout 76 levels of backlash and review bombing for releasing a broken game. If it stays I won't be butthurt cause I doubt they could find that balance but as soon as a good multiplayer Arpgmmo comes out eso will be dead. Lucky for ZoS Tera was too Korean and buggy itself.

1. Weaving is Animation Cancelling (you can't keep the "weaving" while eliminating animation canceling- doesn't make sense)
    2. ESO isn't in e-sports because it's an MMO, not an arena with equal access and perfect balance
    3. I agree it doesn't look great all the time, but the solution is better transitional animations, which simply isn't a priority rn.
    Edited by Grimhallow on October 17, 2019 6:45PM
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    Animation Canceling is the TOTAL reason Macro's work in this game.
    NO ONE PERIOD can animation cancel with this kind of speed EVER. Here's a clip for you to watch and see for yourself. This is NOT Lagg as many Fanbois on here would like you to believe , and it certainly IS NOT possible without a macro PLUS animation canceling.

If an ability spell/mellee or any kind of attack is canceled then it SHOULD cancel the Attack all together. Just take out Animations all together for any kind of attacks and then we all will be on the same playfield and ANYONE can just simply go buy a Macro Mouse or Macro Keyboard and play the game .

1. Macroing is a bannable offense and very easy to detect from a machine's point of view. (repeated identical input speeds down to the ms are EZ claps)
    2. Regardless, macroing makes animation canceling slower in PvP because of the lag- you have to adjust your input speed based on server performance- so the idea that you can macro to victory is moot anyways.
    3. Nothing about this clip is supernaturally fast- SRIBES is fast, but not unbelievable by any stretch.

Edited by Grimhallow on October 17, 2019 6:57PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think setting up that test scenario would be a lot more work than you think. Strongly doubt they'd find it to be worth their time and energy when there are more pressing things to work on. Removing AC is not on the table. They've made that clear time and time again. Although they did add cast times to ultimates which is a pretty strong nerf to AC in general.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That crap don’t work in lag ANYWAY!
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    what better a test ground than that? If its not popular youve lost nothing and if it is very popular you know what to do. You can also test performance this way.

only changed rules required would be light, heavy attacks, bash and barswap on the global timer.

see what happens....

I don't think you understand that the reason we have animation cancelling as a "feature" is because the devs were too incompetent to fix it.....and nothing has changed since then.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • ESTyll13
    ESTyll13
    next snowflake
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what better a test ground than that? If its not popular youve lost nothing and if it is very popular you know what to do. You can also test performance this way.

only changed rules required would be light, heavy attacks, bash and barswap on the global timer.

see what happens....

I don't think you understand that the reason we have animation cancelling as a "feature" is because the devs were too incompetent to fix it.....and nothing has changed since then.

Not really. Yes, I do not think this game has great leadership in Matt Firor, but it is not due to incompetence that we have AC. For the same reasons we can (and need to) reactively block/dodge roll/interrupt we have AC. Since there is already a control in the game that requires ~1 second per skill there was not a reason to change AC.
    Edited by idk on October 19, 2019 10:29PM
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ucarious wrote: »
    Gonna use this thread in my upcoming book: "How To Spot A WoW Refugee In ESO"

Im a ESO Refugee in WoW, *** the last 3 patches
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

see what happens....

it has absolutely nothing to do with incompetence.

• jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

see what happens....

Not really. Yes, I do not think this game has great leadership in Matt Firor, but it is not due to incompetence that we have AC. For the same reasons we can (and need to) reactively block/dodge roll/interrupt we have AC. Since there is already a control in the game that requires ~1 second per skill there was not a reason to change AC.

For proof that this is why animation cancelling is a thing, look at how Path of Exile had to retroactively implement animation cancelling into its existing combat system, because melee builds were unplayable unless you stacked insanely high attack speed, and could reliably react to attacks. Since they added animation cancelling, melee has never been more fun, because it's actually playable.
    Edited by jcm2606 on October 21, 2019 8:53AM
  • joegall
    joegall
    Soul Shriven
    Oh yes, it helps you to delete the animation right? Otherwise you wouldn't know how to win, because you have to cheat.
    But the problem is that you see the world in reverse. Indeed, in the reality of life animations exist. I strongly doubt that any of you can throw a ball or slap someone without moving an arm.
    Even "Flash" or "Quicksilver" move through an animation, super fast, but the animation exists. You want to CUT it instead and want to make others believe that it is honest.
    Animation, comes from Soul, that is something that gives life. Without animation there is no life.
    Inside you, however, there is always that desire of "I now deceive you and cut the image to be faster".

it's wrong!! it's wrong, it's wrong in life. Do you want to understand or do you have to say that it is correct?
    No, wrong. There is nothing else to add.
    In the game the dear programmers were not interested and left this wrong possibility. But, if it were right, they would not have left the animations to the characters.
    Here we are? Can you turn on your brain as well as move around as a cyborg on your computer?

Chi vuol capire, traduca:
    Eh certo, vi fa comodo la possibilità di cancellare l'animazione vero? Altrimenti non sapreste vincere, perché dovete per forza truffare.
    Il problema però è che vedete il mondo al contrario. Infatti, nella realtà della vita le animazioni esistono. Dubito fortemente che ciascuno di voi possa lanciare una palla o dare uno schiaffo a qualcuno senza muovere un braccio.
    Persino "Flash" o "Quicksilver" si muovono attraverso un'animazione, super veloce, ma l'animazione esiste. Voi invece la volete TAGLIARE e volete far credere al prossimo che sia onesto.
    Animazione, deriva da ANIMA, cioè qualcosa che dona vita. Senza animazione non c'è vita.
    Dentro di voi invece c'è sempre quella voglia del "Io ora ti inganno e taglio l'immagine per essere più veloce".

è sbagliato!! è sbagliato, nella vita è sbagliato. Lo volete capire o dovete per forza dire che è corretto?
    No, sbagliato. Non c'è altro da aggiungere.
    Nel gioco i cari programmatori non hanno avuto interesse e hanno lasciato questa errata possibilità. Ma, se fosse giusto, non avrebbero lasciato le animazioni ai personaggi.
    Ci siamo? Riuscite ad accendere il cervello oltre che muovervi come cyborg al computer?
    Edited by joegall on October 21, 2019 12:36PM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    joegall wrote: »
    Oh yes, it helps you to delete the animation right? Otherwise you wouldn't know how to win, because you have to cheat.
    But the problem is that you see the world in reverse. Indeed, in the reality of life animations exist. I strongly doubt that any of you can throw a ball or slap someone without moving an arm.
    Even "Flash" or "Quicksilver" move through an animation, super fast, but the animation exists. You want to CUT it instead and want to make others believe that it is honest.
    Animation, comes from Soul, that is something that gives life. Without animation there is no life.
    Inside you, however, there is always that desire of "I now deceive you and cut the image to be faster".

it's wrong!! it's wrong, it's wrong in life. Do you want to understand or do you have to say that it is correct?
    No, wrong. There is nothing else to add.
    In the game the dear programmers were not interested and left this wrong possibility. But, if it were right, they would not have left the animations to the characters.
    Here we are? Can you turn on your brain as well as move around as a cyborg on your computer?

Chi vuol capire, traduca:
    Eh certo, vi fa comodo la possibilità di cancellare l'animazione vero? Altrimenti non sapreste vincere, perché dovete per forza truffare.
    Il problema però è che vedete il mondo al contrario. Infatti, nella realtà della vita le animazioni esistono. Dubito fortemente che ciascuno di voi possa lanciare una palla o dare uno schiaffo a qualcuno senza muovere un braccio.
    Persino "Flash" o "Quicksilver" si muovono attraverso un'animazione, super veloce, ma l'animazione esiste. Voi invece la volete TAGLIARE e volete far credere al prossimo che sia onesto.
    Animazione, deriva da ANIMA, cioè qualcosa che dona vita. Senza animazione non c'è vita.
    Dentro di voi invece c'è sempre quella voglia del "Io ora ti inganno e taglio l'immagine per essere più veloce".

è sbagliato!! è sbagliato, nella vita è sbagliato. Lo volete capire o dovete per forza dire che è corretto?
    No, sbagliato. Non c'è altro da aggiungere.
    Nel gioco i cari programmatori non hanno avuto interesse e hanno lasciato questa errata possibilità. Ma, se fosse giusto, non avrebbero lasciato le animazioni ai personaggi.
    Ci siamo? Riuscite ad accendere il cervello oltre che muovervi come cyborg al computer?

Life also doesn't throw a big red circle on the ground warning you of this dude who's about to swing what's basically a giant bat at you, either. Point being, this is a game, it doesn't have to abide by the rules of reality, nor should it.

This is a game with an active/reactive combat system, in that you have to react to specific telegraphed attacks with active forms of defense such as block, dodge, etc. This sort of combat system only works when you can comfortably and consistently drop what you're doing and use said forms of defense, and animation cancelling is one such way to do that.

The reason why animation cancelling is a thing in the first place is because without it, you'd be stuck in clunky animations, unable to block or dodge an attack that only has a 1 second telegraph, at most. Good luck surviving something like the one-third-of-the-map-is-now-a-one-shot mechanic in vet Scalecaller, without being able to cancel a skill with a dodge to roll out of the AoE. Zenimax knew this, which is why they added it.

The unintended part is the ability for players to use it to maximise damage, and there's really no way to address that without having to redesign combat. Zenimax decided long ago that they'd rather design the game around animation cancelling as a mechanic that players can use to maximise damage (weaving being the most impactful, everything else just being slight comfort increases to help make rotations/combos smoother), and they're not going to change their minds because people can't see beyond their "ermahgerd, animation cancelling, bad!" bias.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2019 and people still don't know or understand animation canceling. SMH.
    So you are telling me yo want to only be able to Either block or light attack or Bash or Dodge Roll or cast a skill every 1 FULL Second? Like for that entire whole ass second of game play you pick one of those things to do and that's what you do for the entire second? * vomit *
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Added a Loading Screen Tip: "Once you've begun a light attack, you can immediately activate an ability from your skill bar without interrupting that light attack."

Back in the Wrathstone patch.

How much more obvious can it be that animation cancelling is intended, and that you need to learn to animation cancel.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Added a Loading Screen Tip: "Once you've begun a light attack, you can immediately activate an ability from your skill bar without interrupting that light attack."

How much more obvious can it be that animation cancelling is intended, and that you need to learn to animation cancel.

It might be now, but it wasn´t when the game came out.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am always entertained when people try to use real world examples to justify their opinion in a fantasy game where we have wooden sticks that can toss out fire, lightning, and ice. A game where we have unlimited arrows in our quiver.

Please show me that wooden stick that can toss our all three elements like that. Not just one but all three. Hogwarts is not the real world and AC is not cheating in ESO.

As jmc pointed out, we also do not have telegraphs showing where major damage is about to occur, telling us to move out of the way. ESO is a fantasy world and is not restricted by real world physics and physical existence we deal with outside of the game. As such it is silly to use such examples for how the game should work.

BTW, I stopped reading with what I quoted. I saw no reason to continue further. Full discloser.
  • joegall
    joegall
    Soul Shriven
    Look, dear, you're the one climbing up on your mirrors just to justify something wrong. What did Harry Potter do? And the endless arrows? But what about this example?
    Cutting the animation is not a power, it is not a physical law of the game, it is a bug.

What you defend is a bug, which everyone has understood by now and since no one says anything against it, most of them apply because "this way" they do more damage (and we all make ourselves knowing, beautiful and strong for this).
    The fact that you can't survive a dungeon without them is therefore another bug to be solved.
    If there hadn't been the bug of the cancellation of the animation, surely after several reports, they would have corrected that of the dungeon, but since nobody has spoken, the bug of the dungeon remains.

That's when I talk about a "distorted view" of reality.

Same thing happens here. Since it's comfortable then it's all right (and of course those who respect the laws are wrong).
    Okay, maybe you steal the old lady's purse and when the police arrest you, tell the cop that he's wrong and has to arrest the old lady. Tell him that what you have done is right, because it is the old woman who has not been able to defend herself.

And to top it off, if the dear programmers haven't made a tube for this "bug", it's because in the end it doesn't give a damn. For them the important thing is something else. Few words to the wise.
    And good continuation with your theory.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »

It might be now, but it wasn´t when the game came out.

Light attacks and their relationship with and adherence to, the GCD has existed since day one.
  • Arca94
    Arca94
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who post a combination of 'Animation Cancelling', 'Cheating' and 'Macros' in their thread title/OP should automatically be shadow-banned.

Change my mind.
    Edited by Arca94 on October 21, 2019 9:02PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether or not animation canceling was intended in the original design of ESO is completely irrelevant because animation canceling makes the game better and the devs have embraced this.

Lightweaving adds an additional skilltesting element to both PvP and PvE. Swap canceling, block canceling and roll canceling all make the game feel more responsive.

If you couldn’t animation cancel any action in the game then playing your ESO character would feel like piloting a forklift, it would be awful.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on October 21, 2019 9:21PM
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it's a L2Macro issue.....
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AC is what makes this game amazing.
    PvP needs more love.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aixy wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    Why don't we just make the game turn based like an old-school Final Fantasy!

Also, why do you want them to try this?

Maybe because animation cancelling is causing the lag ??? O:

Imagine thinking ani cancelling causes lag in 2019...
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation Canceling is the TOTAL reason Macro's work in this game.
    NO ONE PERIOD can animation cancel with this kind of speed EVER. Here's a clip for you to watch and see for yourself. This is NOT Lagg as many Fanbois on here would like you to believe , and it certainly IS NOT possible without a macro PLUS animation canceling.

If an ability spell/mellee or any kind of attack is canceled then it SHOULD cancel the Attack all together. Just take out Animations all together for any kind of attacks and then we all will be on the same playfield and ANYONE can just simply go buy a Macro Mouse or Macro Keyboard and play the game .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Qb_sXPK0Q

Dude I can animation cancel at this level on an xbox controller..... it's really not hard. Please stop embarrassing yourself and L2P.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All these idiotic posts arguing against animation cancelling boil down to "waaa I can't kill anyone, waaa but they rekt me in seconds, waaaa I am too bad its not fair waaa".

Imagine projecting your own incompetence -which only you yourself have the power to improve- on others by demanding the game be brought down to your level. Imagine being this *** arrogant.

You know whats even more hilarious? I have seen the same exact people who want animation cancelling removed, complain about the cast time on ultimates and how it makes combat clunky. It is almost as if they don't know what the F they are talking about.
    Edited by Koensol on October 23, 2019 4:07PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look, dear, you're the one climbing up on your mirrors just to justify something wrong. What did Harry Potter do? And the endless arrows? But what about this example?
    Cutting the animation is not a power, it is not a physical law of the game, it is a bug.

What you defend is a bug, which everyone has understood by now and since no one says anything against it, most of them apply because "this way" they do more damage (and we all make ourselves knowing, beautiful and strong for this).
    The fact that you can't survive a dungeon without them is therefore another bug to be solved.
    If there hadn't been the bug of the cancellation of the animation, surely after several reports, they would have corrected that of the dungeon, but since nobody has spoken, the bug of the dungeon remains.

That's when I talk about a "distorted view" of reality.

Same thing happens here. Since it's comfortable then it's all right (and of course those who respect the laws are wrong).
    Okay, maybe you steal the old lady's purse and when the police arrest you, tell the cop that he's wrong and has to arrest the old lady. Tell him that what you have done is right, because it is the old woman who has not been able to defend herself.

And to top it off, if the dear programmers haven't made a tube for this "bug", it's because in the end it doesn't give a damn. For them the important thing is something else. Few words to the wise.
    And good continuation with your theory.

Hey Harry Potter, get down from ur broom stick and cut the morale lectures about life.
    You are playing a video game, you are not a lecturer in Harvard and no one needs ur scientific theories about how a fantasy hero is connected with an old lady walking down the road.

I understand that making all those theories may make you feel smart or whatever but believe me, calling the entire code of the game and how the combat is built in general a bug because you dont like a mechanic is most definitely not smart at all.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    you do know that you animation cancel all the time?
    lightattack + spammable?
    animation cancelling.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just report everyone you see hacking animations.

ALL animations are cheat and should be ban!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimick wrote: »
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Wish they could keep weaving and the fluidness and high skill ceiling but eliminate animation canceling. Cause sure it feels good playing but you can't honestly say it looks good. It seriously makes the game look broken. Go watch a good ani-canceler, it looks like they are bugging out with skills firing off randomly. Wouldn't doubt it's a big contributor to ESO being a nonfactor in e-sports and twitch. Gawd Fortnite looks better on stream than ESO. Throw AC into any ARPG and it would be fallout 76 levels of backlash and review bombing for releasing a broken game. If it stays I won't be butthurt cause I doubt they could find that balance but as soon as a good multiplayer Arpgmmo comes out eso will be dead. Lucky for ZoS Tera was too Korean and buggy itself.

1. Weaving is Animation Cancelling (you can't keep the "weaving" while eliminating animation canceling- doesn't make sense)
    2. ESO isn't in e-sports because it's an MMO, not an arena with equal access and perfect balance
    3. I agree it doesn't look great all the time, but the solution is better transitional animations, which simply isn't a priority rn.

You can't do it then say you can with better transition animations? Which is it? That's what I'm asking for is transition animations. Many games do it. Capcom and Fromsoft to name a few. Having specific actions and abilities that "animation lock" while others don't is a common game development practice used to ensure animation fidelity as well. Again excuses for a busted game.
    Edited by NuarBlack on October 26, 2019 5:56PM