The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can we get a pvp campaign where you cant animation cancel (for dps)?

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys talking about? Everyone knows that there is a magical "animation cancelling" on/off switch at ZOS HQ. They are just too stubborn and refuse to flip it!
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    What are you guys talking about? Everyone knows that there is a magical "animation cancelling" on/off switch at ZOS HQ. They are just too stubborn and refuse to flip it!

there is its called "code". The ultimate switch.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Can we have a campaign where there are no heals?

/sarcasm

I was thinking of a campaign with no damage. Yes,

Toss out WoE and it plants a temporary flower bed. The special effect for a Volatile Familiar would create a swarm of butterflies. It would look like a kaleidoscope.

Wouldn't that be special.

At least it would look fun. Like that Warden skill with the trees and flowers or whatever it is.
    Halcyon Black
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »

there is its called "code". The ultimate switch.

That moment OP is not only a lazy player but also has no clue how coding actually works. This thread just keeps getting better and better.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think people even know wtf they're talking about any more
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what better a test ground than that?

I think the test environment with the most uncontrolled variables and the worst overall performance is not a great test environment for a core mechanic overhaul.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what better a test ground than that?

I think the test environment with the most uncontrolled variables and the worst overall performance is not a great test environment for a core mechanic overhaul.

your assuming that weaving doesnt affect performance. If the campaign fills up youll have all the answers you need.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay now. Can someone explain what's with all that crusade against AC there on forums?
    588485264654204929.png?v=1
    Edited by Wyrd88 on September 21, 2019 11:42PM
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we really out here 5 years later still talking about animation canceling
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, seriously? Just practice it for like a week and you wont even have to think about it. Also I know many strong PvPers that admit they dont AC in pvp, sorry to say buddy but it sounds like you just need to learn to play.

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately i see alot of threads about animation cancel, which is a dead topic and a part of the game.
    Could this be all the WOW players migrated to ESO failing to adapt?

Thre combat and animation cancel is what making ESO combat so fun and unique, and ani cancel is the only REAL skill gap in this game.
    I say, adapt or go play a tab-targetting trash game like WOW.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• medicinita
    Alfie2072 wrote: »
    you are right, that seems like a very simple thing to code into the game
    should only take what, 5 lines of code? no problem, easy work.....
    in all seriousness this is such a dumb idea, if you dont enjoy ESO's combat, quit the game and pick up a tab targeting game..
    you are simply asking to have combat clunky as all hell and 50 to 100% slower.. literally asking to have the combat system completely changed
    if you dont enjoy it, leave, i feel like anyone who asks for these types of changes are the same people that spam snipe on a keep wall, "since im not animation canceling my snipe and having fluid combat, why should everyone else?????????"

+1
  • medicinita
    Once the unlocked 30-day opens up, the faction locked 30-day probably won't have anyone animation cancelling, or using coherent builds, or understanding basic game mechanics...

hahaah u r right ;3
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    seems like you guys feel threatened. Whats the harm in testing it?

People would have to adjust their macros, but most people downloaded them and don’t know how.

*laught in console more*
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we take the rooks, knights and queens out of chess? Game will be much better!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well theres cp in the game and there are no cp servers so the argument doesnt make sense.

There is a difference between turning switch on and off and making new electrical instalation for one of the rooms in Your apartament.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    This just makes me so curious what is animation cancelling to most?
    The only skills I CAN ani cancel on console with its garbage performance are mostly buffs and a few attacks, ripperoni dawny, in Egypt away from the main fights. (Most have to be recast because hitting the button didn’t register)
    There’s weaving light attacks and skills if that’s what OP means but I’m so confused what’s being asked.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think people even know wtf they're talking about any more

Most of them never knew.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    How about a campaign where only magicka abilities work, and stamina based abilities does nothing? >:)

How about a forum where you can’t bring in your “I only play one spec” biased crap.

But my twitch and youtube channels says I clearly play more than just one spec. But nice try mate.

Now this I gotta see. Please PM me your channel. I’m willing to bet money you’re a pet sorc or something. Wait is your channel name similar to your forum name and you basically play two perma stealth NBs and pet Sorc?
    Edited by Vapirko on September 23, 2019 2:10AM
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    all i see are smoof brains on this post
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because there are 30 other MMORPG's that do not have animation cancelling that you can play if you do not want to animation cancel.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We can but we wont. (Im sorry I had to)
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like You feel threatened. What's the harm in learning it ?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the non animation cancelling campaign there is one like that already in the game. It's called below 50 and barely anyone is cancelling animations or weave light attack inbetween abiilities there. Suprisingly performance there is not top notch.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish they could keep weaving and the fluidness and high skill ceiling but eliminate animation canceling. Cause sure it feels good playing but you can't honestly say it looks good. It seriously makes the game look broken. Go watch a good ani-canceler, it looks like they are bugging out with skills firing off randomly. Wouldn't doubt it's a big contributor to ESO being a nonfactor in e-sports and twitch. Gawd Fortnite looks better on stream than ESO. Throw AC into any ARPG and it would be fallout 76 levels of backlash and review bombing for releasing a broken game. If it stays I won't be butthurt cause I doubt they could find that balance but as soon as a good multiplayer Arpgmmo comes out eso will be dead. Lucky for ZoS Tera was too Korean and buggy itself.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a campaign where only magicka abilities work, and stamina based abilities does nothing? >:)

How about a forum where you can’t bring in your “I only play one spec” biased crap.

But my twitch and youtube channels says I clearly play more than just one spec. But nice try mate.

Now this I gotta see. Please PM me your channel. I’m willing to bet money you’re a pet sorc or something. Wait is your channel name similar to your forum name and you basically play two perma stealth NBs and pet Sorc?

@Vapirko
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4UB_XxUEM
    https://www.twitch.tv/fearless_being_/videos?filter=all&sort=time

I know what you're thinking
    Edited by TriangularChicken on September 26, 2019 9:56AM
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Care to elaborate why?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Put it right next to campaign with no proc sets, first person only, melee only, without snares, without sieges, without keeps, without fast travel, without mounting and every other excuse someone needed campaign for since they felt they cant git gud
  • coradaelu
    coradaelu
    ✭✭✭
    what better a test ground than that? If its not popular youve lost nothing and if it is very popular you know what to do. You can also test performance this way.

only changed rules required would be light, heavy attacks, bash and barswap on the global timer.

see what happens....

No.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Can we have a campaign where there are no heals?

/sarcasm

I was thinking of a campaign with no damage. Yes,

Toss out WoE and it plants a temporary flower bed. The special effect for a Volatile Familiar would create a swarm of butterflies. It would look like a kaleidoscope.

Wouldn't that be special.

At least it would look fun. Like that Warden skill with the trees and flowers or whatever it is.

LOL, yea.

But that is about as likely as a campaign without AC. Zos has already said no to this idea even before it was brought up. Zos was very clear that they did not want players to have to relearn combat when going from PvE to PvP. If they did not want skills to behave differently like that they certainly not want to redesign combat for a single campaign then have players go into PvE or anther PvP campaign and be incompetent because they learned to fight differently.