Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

can we get a pvp campaign where you cant animation cancel (for dps)?

Rungar
Rungar
✭✭✭✭✭
what better a test ground than that? If its not popular youve lost nothing and if it is very popular you know what to do. You can also test performance this way.

only changed rules required would be light, heavy attacks, bash and barswap on the global timer.

see what happens....
Edited by Rungar on September 18, 2019 12:15PM
It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh this should be good.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we just make the game turn based like an old-school Final Fantasy!

Also, why do you want them to try this?
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    another "i cant do something so make it so nobody else can" thread
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't always animation cancel, but when I do nobody does
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Why don't we just make the game turn based like an old-school Final Fantasy!

Also, why do you want them to try this?

or it could be the best pvp ever....

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like you guys feel threatened. Whats the harm in testing it?

• Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    you are right, that seems like a very simple thing to code into the game
    should only take what, 5 lines of code? no problem, easy work.....
    in all seriousness this is such a dumb idea, if you dont enjoy ESO's combat, quit the game and pick up a tab targeting game..
    you are simply asking to have combat clunky as all hell and 50 to 100% slower.. literally asking to have the combat system completely changed
    if you dont enjoy it, leave, i feel like anyone who asks for these types of changes are the same people that spam snipe on a keep wall, "since im not animation canceling my snipe and having fluid combat, why should everyone else?????????"
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a campaign where there are no heals?

/sarcasm
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a campaign with only light and heavy attacks instead?
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a campaign where only magicka abilities work, and stamina based abilities does nothing? >:)
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna use this thread in my upcoming book: "How To Spot A WoW Refugee In ESO"
    Edited by Ucarious on September 18, 2019 2:46PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a campaign where only magicka abilities work, and stamina based abilities does nothing? >:)

How about a forum where you can’t bring in your “I only play one spec” biased crap.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

How about a forum where you can’t bring in your “I only play one spec” biased crap.

But my twitch and youtube channels says I clearly play more than just one spec. But nice try mate.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, people are slightly animation cancelling sometimes even without realizing it. If you actually turned off animation cancel on light attacks the combat will feel very stiff and your DPS will lower drastically due to only using skills or using a subpar light attack if you want to conserve resources. With the new cost changes this suggestion is going to just create dissatisfied players.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    none of you guys have to play there

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once the unlocked 30-day opens up, the faction locked 30-day probably won't have anyone animation cancelling, or using coherent builds, or understanding basic game mechanics...
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Trust me, people are slightly animation cancelling sometimes even without realizing it. If you actually turned off animation cancel on light attacks the combat will feel very stiff and your DPS will lower drastically due to only using skills or using a subpar light attack if you want to conserve resources. With the new cost changes this suggestion is going to just create dissatisfied players.

This. Especially for me because I am wickedly bad at cancelling.

The dev's have said it is intended, and the ability to preempt abilities to block and dodge makes in a fact that some ability to animation cancel will always be in the game. The fluidity of combat in ESO was one of its main selling points at release compared to the competition. Dev's can hinder cancelling through micro-cast times, delayed effects like shalks, or with really bad animation graphics, but removing it completely likely means gutting the base combat engine.

Up to players to learn how to play this particular game.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well theres cp in the game and there are no cp servers so the argument doesnt make sense.

• chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    what better a test ground than that? If its not popular youve lost nothing and if it is very popular you know what to do. You can also test performance this way.

only changed rules required would be light, heavy attacks, bash and barswap on the global timer.

see what happens....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if devs could implement that - lol.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Can we have a campaign where there are no heals?

/sarcasm

I was thinking of a campaign with no damage. Yes,

Toss out WoE and it plants a temporary flower bed. The special effect for a Volatile Familiar would create a swarm of butterflies. It would look like a kaleidoscope.

Wouldn't that be special.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i sense fear.

• Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top thread 2019 bud.

“No ani cancel anything! Wooo”

They already ruined ultimates with this nonsense... now you want my La>Skill to be turned based slow?

Do you even have a clue what you are asking?
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are other campaigns for you.

• ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaign with no magicka chars pls.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    I'm old, slow, and lazy, so I don't animation cancel anyway.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Im not going to denigrate the idea as folks are entitled to their opinions and wish lists, but given the effort required and further delineation of the population buckets into smaller and smaller groups (which probably hurts pvp more than helps it in Cyrodiil), Im going to guess the answer to your question OP is a resounding no.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People would have to adjust their macros, but most people downloaded them and don’t know how.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

People would have to adjust their macros, but most people downloaded them and don’t know how.
    *laughs in console*