The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Congratulations DC on winning Kaal NA/PC

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he's here anymore, nor do I remember his name, but the OP reminds me of a former forum poster who was hardcore DC and called himself the Biceps of the Covenant.

Good times.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I don't think he's here anymore, nor do I remember his name, but the OP reminds me of a former forum poster who was hardcore DC and called himself the Biceps of the Covenant.

Good times.

@Publius_Scipio are you still here? Unfortunately, I am nothing like him. :) Maybe the goal was to congratulate DC and have the opinion of other players about the last campaign. Dc didn`t have any chance for some time but almost miracously won. It was time remind all folks that the power changes. The campaign win or loss isn´t a huge thing for me.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Good times.

@Publius_Scipio are you still here? Unfortunately, I am nothing like him. :) Maybe the goal was to congratulate DC and have the opinion of other players about the last campaign. Dc didn`t have any chance for some time but almost miracously won. It was time remind all folks that the power changes. The campaign win or loss isn´t a huge thing for me.

Ah Publius. The guy we loved to hate. He went from zone troll to DC zone cheerleader, then developed a martyr complex. I hope he’s ok.

As far as the DC campaign win, I was tempted to attribute it to the same off-hours advantage that AD benefitted from last cycle, but the few hours I pvp’d this last campaign actually had DC holding a points advantage most of the way through prime time as well. Zone communication was very good, and the other solo players like me seemed to put more effort into retaking lost resources and defending back keeps, which we didn’t do well with last campaign.
  • Moosey27
    Moosey27
    ✭✭
    Congratulations on winning the campaign. If you go to the leader boards in game, and go through 1 - 24 you can see how badly each faction out #'s you during the campaign. you should do this math 10 days in and you'll get a clear picture. So for example D.C. this campaign has 15 and E.P. has 6 and A.D. has 3. 15/6=2.5 to 1 on average 15/3=5 to 1 on average. Why 24 on the leader board? it's the size of a full raid. Now take in account that these #'s are people and people have friends, and you don't get in the top 24 by yourself. It also take 100's of hours to maintain that level in the campaign. ;)
    Edited by Moosey27 on September 27, 2019 10:53PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moosey27 wrote: »
    Congratulations on winning the campaign. If you go to the leader boards in game, and go through 1 - 24 you can see how badly each faction out #'s you during the campaign. you should do this math 10 days in and you'll get a clear picture. So for example D.C. this campaign has 15 and E.P. has 6 and A.D. has 3. 15/6=2.5 to 1 on average 15/3=5 to 1 on average. Why 24 on the leader board? it's the size of a full raid. Now take in account that these #'s are people and people have friends, and you don't get in the top 24 by yourself. It also take 100's of hours to maintain that level in the campaign. ;)

Indeed, there are a lot of people living out their real lives in Cyrodiil as sad as that is.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me, a noob, how the #1 player has over twice the amount of AP as the next person? I play DC on PC/NA Kaal, I don’t think I’ve ever met them.

Also yay for DC! I just started pvp in earnest last campaign and the guild that invited me (IA) is always organized and well lead. Seems to me like good fights every day in the time slot we play in. So I’m not experiencing the complaints from this thread. We win by strategy and reading the map, not by cheese ball groups. And when we wipe it’s all in good fun. The map always looks better by the end :)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me, a noob, how the #1 player has over twice the amount of AP as the next person? I play DC on PC/NA Kaal, I don’t think I’ve ever met them.

Also yay for DC! I just started pvp in earnest last campaign and the guild that invited me (IA) is always organized and well lead. Seems to me like good fights every day in the time slot we play in. So I’m not experiencing the complaints from this thread. We win by strategy and reading the map, not by cheese ball groups. And when we wipe it’s all in good fun. The map always looks better by the end :)

Agree wise words my DC friend. The strategy of taking everything during the low population of the competing factions has worked well. The wisdom of several guilds has let us to this point that this current campaign will be win by a large margin too. Lets not toast the victory cups quite yet but keep on pushing AD and EP.

After several wins this might get boring but the keeps are made of ap so there will be a reward of taking them. Good luck!
    The blizzard is my home,
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just for your information. They also winning the EU campaign in no Cp, due to 25 people taking the entire map at night vs 3 defenders, because they can't kill *** at day time 👌
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can answer some of these. Your first question. DC night caps every night and emps and take all the scrolls. This allows "I am a Necro" to be an emperor every day and run with that advantage compiled with having 4-6 scrolls bonus every day. That is why his AP is twice everyone else.

I assume you play in the evening EST (Correct me if I am wrong). It is a bit easier to compete even when populations are even when you start with the advantage of 4-6 scrolls bonus and emperor. Makes it harder for AD and EP to make headway against you (also explains why you never see your ap leader as he is not on in the evenings EST.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can answer some of these. Your first question. DC night caps every night and emps and take all the scrolls. This allows "I am a Necro" to be an emperor every day and run with that advantage compiled with having 4-6 scrolls bonus every day. That is why his AP is twice everyone else.

I assume you play in the evening EST (Correct me if I am wrong). It is a bit easier to compete even when populations are even when you start with the advantage of 4-6 scrolls bonus and emperor. Makes it harder for AD and EP to make headway against you (also explains why you never see your ap leader as he is not on in the evenings EST.

Around 2 or 3 pm est is when I start. When I start every faction has their own Scrolls only, or DC has to get one of their Scrolls back. We seem to run a minimum of 1 scroll, but sometimes up to 3, every time I’m on.
    Edited by max_only on October 6, 2019 5:58PM
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Around 2 or 3 pm est is when I start. When I start every faction has their own Scrolls only, or DC has to get one of their Scrolls back. We seem to run a minimum of 1 scroll, but sometimes up to 3, every time I’m on.

This portion of the day DC is typically pop locked to 2 bars on the other factions. (Weekdays that is.) By ~5PM Eastern DC typically has all the scrolls and sometimes emp. Then in prime time DC of course gets hammered by both AD and EP until that gets resolved.

There's an ebb and flow of dominance throughout the day. Campaigns and emp are won in the off hours, by whichever faction has the most consistent off-hours pressure. During prime time the main camp is pop locked 3 ways and the score doesn't budge much. Ideally it'd be competitive 24/7, but it's not.

This is very new for DC to have the upperhand. Don't get used to it. Another faction will pull off a win using their off hours pop and you'll see a lot of casual players shift to the winning faction and that faction will have the most advantage.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Emp and Scrolls don’t give you a bonus to AP gained.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

This portion of the day DC is typically pop locked to 2 bars on the other factions. (Weekdays that is.) By ~5PM Eastern DC typically has all the scrolls and sometimes emp. Then in prime time DC of course gets hammered by both AD and EP until that gets resolved.

There's an ebb and flow of dominance throughout the day. Campaigns and emp are won in the off hours, by whichever faction has the most consistent off-hours pressure. During prime time the main camp is pop locked 3 ways and the score doesn't budge much. Ideally it'd be competitive 24/7, but it's not.

This is very new for DC to have the upperhand. Don't get used to it. Another faction will pull off a win using their off hours pop and you'll see a lot of casual players shift to the winning faction and that faction will have the most advantage.

Well today we had all but one scroll when I logged in. And it stayed that way while I was on. I guess I could try logging in outside my usual time to see what is up.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Pvp is an interesting change of pace.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Emp and scrolls make a player significantly more powerful allowing him/her to rack up AP at a much greater pace.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Emp and scrolls make a player significantly more powerful allowing him/her to rack up AP at a much greater pace.

So before they got Emp, how did they get twice as many points? Once you are Emp, it’s difficult to dethrone okay I got that point, but before that?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So before they got Emp, how did they get twice as many points? Once you are Emp, it’s difficult to dethrone okay I got that point, but before that?

To be fair, the guy isn´t a bad player. There is no quarantee though population and activity is comparable to the ap gained. Even the most empty map have some players who try to do something. Just place your self in a resource and start killing the ones and twos who venture there. Even better if it is a level 3 keep. Collect the defensive and offensive ticks. That ap is almost free at that time of the day due to DC´s population dominance. Maybe there are other tricks. Also keep in mind that going for emp requires a lot of time and dedication. Someone can say no lifers go for it but then are many emps who have dome little to nothing to deserve the title.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emp is 90% time invested and 10% knowing how to farm AP. You come out the gate at the start of the camp and do all the quests, repair all the things, be there for every tick, take all the resources, kill, kill, kill, and keep your AP buff up 100%. (You get a buff on AP earnings for an hour for killing a delve boss.)

There are also less sportsmanlike ways to make AP, but this emp's AP is not out of normal range for someone who hard pushes emp.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emp is 90% time invested and 10% knowing how to farm AP.

LOL. On Xbox NA it's about having other people play your account when you have to be away.

• NekoN3ko
    NekoN3ko
    ✭✭✭
    Aussie's + Band Wagon players dictate the campaigns. A vicious cycle we deal with every quarter.

Always been a numbers game.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

LOL. On Xbox NA it's about having other people play your account when you have to be away.

That is what some are saying is happening here, I mean he has a 5 million lead over other DC who play 15 hours a day. However, I have never seen this person, and I play a few different time slots through out the week depending on my work schedule, so I don't know that this would be happening,

I will say that it is a bummer that the same person has been so far out in the lead for a couple campaigns. Often times people in zone will say let's push for Emp, and the response will be,"NO Im sick of emping the same person" or "No emp isn't even on" Pushing for emp can be a great morale boost.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »

That is what some are saying is happening here, I mean he has a 5 million lead over other DC who play 15 hours a day. However, I have never seen this person, and I play a few different time slots through out the week depending on my work schedule, so I don't know that this would be happening,

I will say that it is a bummer that the same person has been so far out in the lead for a couple campaigns. Often times people in zone will say let's push for Emp, and the response will be,"NO Im sick of emping the same person" or "No emp isn't even on" Pushing for emp can be a great morale boost.

Don't blame the player blame the system. Sure Necro is far up in AP, he plays most days, plays well, has an excellent build. He also defends everywhere even if by himself. Because the stupid system emps only the leader he cannot help but be emp every day, he earns a lot of AP. Easy fix would be once a player is de-emped he cannot be emperor again until new campaign

Of course that will cause its own issue in some eyes but realistically neither Necro or any other potential emp should be punished because they actually play the game a lot. Fix the way people Emp, do not punish a player for actually playing the game.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve seen that message in zone before. It’s a bummer. But I don’t know enough about Cyrodiil to make a judgement.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is what some are saying is happening here....

I don't know about your specific guy, but I know for a fact there are folks who share their account on Xbox.

• lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    He is a necro bomber hits you while repairing doors standing on flags or standing in a ram yes he is hard to kill and plays well but easy to avoid if you know he is on and keep your eyes peeled. With the small pop we have in the off hours you get to see him quite a lot.
    With the DC pop advantage, he is usually emp or is crowned so while everyone's scrolls are collected for the night, its far worse when volendung appears. Some have taken to getting the hammer and just sitting behind our scroll gates just so DC does not end up with it.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO DC OR GO CRY !
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    source.gif

#weekdays
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    source.gif

#weekdays

KeenFaroffChicken-size_restricted.gif
    The blizzard is my home,
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    keep-calm-and-suck-it-blue-2.jpg

lol
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • iiRenity
    iiRenity
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Umm didn’t we win because some Oceanic guilds joined and they were busy zerging off hours? That’s what it looked like based on pops and the emp/scroll take notifications that kept popping up while I was in IC.

work.jpg
    PC - NA - @iiRenity - Master Crafter - CP900 - DC Loyalist - PVE & PVP
    Lady Renity - Breton Magplar Heals
    Bellona Victorias - Imperial DK Tank
    Goddamm-Lochness-Monster - Argonian Magden Heals
    Primogen Carmilla - Breton Magblade Heals
    Mistress Nienna - Dunmer Magsorc DPS
    Pisces Seaborne - Breton Magcro Heals

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Pubes AFKd
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.