Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Doing Elsweyr before Summerset?

StormChaser3000
StormChaser3000
✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any storylines in Summerset that have continuation in Elsweyr, or at least mentioned?
I was thinking to do Elsweyr before Summerset, but I don't want to spoil my experience.
  • xTrust
    xTrust
    Soul Shriven
    Best is to do Main Story first, and then all DLC in chronological order
  • RoyalFruitBat
    RoyalFruitBat
    ✭✭
    I don’t think it will spoil your experience to do them out of order. You’re getting so much information thrown at you all the time anyway - you’re not going to remember everything that gets said. I did the main story years ago on my first character. I haven’t done it for any of my newer characters, not even the one I now consider to be my main char. I did Elsweyr before Summerset for her, too. Do whatever content you’re most excited about doing; otherwise you may feel like you’re rushing through one to get to the other.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RoyalFruitBat I finished the main story a while ago. I was asking since for example some Morrowind stories echo in Summerset.
    I'm exited about Elsweyr house and Summerset story xD So looks like I'll have to go Elsweyr to do the main story, and then enjoy new house while finishing side quests and starting Summerset chapter.
  • lembry_ESO
    lembry_ESO
    ✭✭
    You're fine to do them out of order. The references to things from the other DLC might seem strange, but not to where it'll mess up the story. (It's kind of like when they make a book into a movie, and leave some details out. People who read the book might "get" it on a deeper level but those who didn't still follow the movie.)
  • smoriss92
    smoriss92
    Soul Shriven
    You could do this, I would do main quest and then the DLC though.
  • Thundertalon
    Thundertalon
    ✭✭
    Summerset and Elsweyr storylines have very little overlap since the main threats in the quests aren't related. From what I remember, only some side quests with Rigurt the Brash and Razum-dar in Elsweyr might have some overlap with Summerset

That's different from Morrowind-Summerset, since the Balmora storyline affected things in Summerset main quest for example
    Pact: DK dps & magblade; DC: magplar, PC NA
    Looking to do group quests (Craglorn, IC, dungeons, etc) - just let me know
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are three story arcs in ESO so far:
    • The Planemeld (Main Story and Imperial City DLC)
    • The Daedric Wars (Starts with Morrowind Expansion, continues with Clockwork City DLC and it is concluded with the Summerset Expansion)
    • The Season of the Dragon (Wrathstone DLC, Elsweyr Expansion, Scalebreaker DLC and Dragonhold DLC)

ZOS deliberately made the timeline unclear so it is not certain if the Season of the Dragon is after the Planemeld or the Daedric Wars, but since there are no dark anchors in Northern Elsweyr, I guess it happens after the Planemeld.

Elsweyr is, at least so far, pretty contained.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVaelham wrote: »
    • The Daedric Wars (Starts with Morrowind Expansion, continues with Clockwork City DLC and it is concluded with the Summerset Expansion)
    • The Season of the Dragon (Wrathstone DLC, Elsweyr Expansion, Scalebreaker DLC and Dragonhold DLC)

ZOS deliberately made the timeline unclear so it is not certain if the Season of the Dragon is after the Planemeld or the Daedric Wars, but since there are no dark anchors in Northern Elsweyr, I guess it happens after the Planemeld.

It's 100% happens after the plainemeld, since you can talk about main quest events with Abnur in Riverhold, and even ask what did he do with the amulet (I've just started the main Elsweyr quest).

@Thundertalon
    Thanks for the info. I'll check those side quests.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on September 1, 2019 3:09AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no connection between Elsweyr and Summerset. The only connection is the Harborage main story going though Cold Harbor.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AVaelham wrote: »

The Dark Brotherhood DLC’s last mission also leads into the Morrowind expansion somewhat.