Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix Ebon armory set! It's broken for 2 years now

Baraber
Baraber
✭✭✭
When using Ebon on weapon pieces (double barred) and you bar swap, your group members (excluding the tank) lose the 1000 health bonus and regain it a moment later, so it's like they are damaged, i just saw a guy die to this!
And please don't give me the "so use Ebon on body pieces" speech. it's a bug that has been around for over 2 years, and it's time for it to get fixed!
It feels like people accepted this as a reality and no one is addressing this issue as it gets completely ignored.

P.S - this bug also applies to Worm cult, Hircine's veneer, and Sanctuary (possibly other sets too) , but people losing the resource reduction buff for half a second doesn't kill anyone like Ebon does.

Please fix those sets, stop ignoring it.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are swapping weapons, you don't have the buff because you don't have the weapon equipped. They would have to completely rework how set bonuses work for this to be a thing and its such a small problem that reworking entire systems just doesn't make sense.

Put your ebon on your jewels and body and call it a day, very easy fix even if you don't like it.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not going to get fixed. Due to they way weapon swap works it's not possible. Letting the person wearing the set maintain the buff was the closest they could get.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP states that the weapons are double barred.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »

DOESN'T MATTER. there is a spot where you are swapping, that 1second where you do not have a weapon equipped. That is the problem.

Even if you have double sword and board, when you swap from front bar to back bar you don't have a weapon equipped for that second, meaning you lost the 4 and 5 piece.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    It's not going to get fixed. Due to they way weapon swap works it's not possible. Letting the person wearing the set maintain the buff was the closest they could get.

Let's face it. There are no impossible things. There are crappy developers. ^^
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there's nothing to be fixed here, its working as intended, so atleast once devs did a good job

its a well known downside to wearing those sets (Ebon, Sanctuary, Worm, Hircines) that they will loose their effect for the 1second you need to switch bars.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Dojohoda wrote: »

DOESN'T MATTER. there is a spot where you are swapping, that 1second where you do not have a weapon equipped. That is the problem.

Even if you have double sword and board, when you swap from front bar to back bar you don't have a weapon equipped for that second, meaning you lost the 4 and 5 piece.

As expected people still defending what is basically an error.
    I'm not asking to change whole systems.
    They can apply a sort of fix for Ebon specifically as this set suffers the most from this issue, i can think of a number of workarounds that can be done.
    They did, after all made it so that the buff will remain on the tank after bar swap. Same can be done to the rest of the group.

(one workaround that comes to mind for example is having the ebon "buff" linger for a second or so, this will fix the issue. there are many many other possible workarounds that can be done, stop justifying an error, it sends a message that this is "fine" and causes the devs to not try and fix it)
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

there's nothing to be fixed here, its working as intended, so atleast once devs did a good job

its a well known downside to wearing those sets (Ebon, Sanctuary, Worm, Hircines) that they will loose their effect for the 1second you need to switch bars.

Well, known doesn't imply intended. At least I've never heard any official statement about that. They even did try to fix it (and fixed only partially, for the wearer of the set), it's clearly a bug when the wording "...for you and up to 11 other group members..." results in separate, different behaviors depending on whether it's you or other group members.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call it broken or a bug, just an oversight. They may be the same weapon types, but they're entirely different items independent of one another.

There is always a way of coding around it, but it's most likely very low on their priority list.

I'd just love to be a developer working on a game for 7-9 years for some random person on the internet to tell me I'm crappy at what I do when they're just working within a larger organization that tells them what to do.

Blame the leadership, the company, the outdated engine they're forced to use. Developers go through enough bull in this industry to just get blasted by their player-base at every turn.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 30, 2019 5:37PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call it broken or a bug, just an oversight. They may be the same weapon types, but they're entirely different items independent of one another.

There is always a way of coding around it, but it's most likely very low on their priority list.

I'd just love to be a developer working on a game for 7-9 years for some random person on the internet to tell me I'm crappy at what I do when they're just working within a larger organization that tells them what to do.

Blame the leadership, the company, the outdated engine they're forced to use. Developers go through enough bull in this industry to just get blasted by their player-base at every turn.

Random person on the internet that pays their salary, that's a really important omission. Game is a product, players are customers, and as tempting as it is to imagine, money don't appear out of thin air. They come from people's pockets, mine included, so while it's the case, I'll be calling out crappy development, thankyouverymuch. ^^
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Literally nobody cares. Dont use ebon weapons is the correct solution. There is 1000 bugs that cannot be fixed or avoided so easily.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Killing it 🤣
    PC-NA
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Literally nobody cares. Dont use ebon weapons is the correct solution. There is 1000 bugs that cannot be fixed or avoided so easily.

I specifically requested to avoid such comments, why posting a such non constructive comment in the first place?
    I really don't get it why fellow players are so against my simple request to fix a BUG.
    It's not like the title of my post is "nerf sorcs, shields op, 1 orb wtf??" opinions may differ on these kind of posts, but why are you so against my bug fix request is beyond me...
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    ciofc8lhmc1l.png
    bc9ju2i32s9s.png

"nobody cares"?
    Looks like some people do.
    Some of these posts are 2.5 years old. Some are from two weeks ago.
    And all of them went ignored.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not defending anything, I am simply stating the fact.

Doesn't matter if you like it or not.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Random person on the internet that pays their salary, that's a really important omission. Game is a product, players are customers, and as tempting as it is to imagine, money don't appear out of thin air. They come from people's pockets, mine included, so while it's the case, I'll be calling out crappy development, thankyouverymuch. ^^

You have the right to complain all you like as a paying customer, but your complaints are directed at the wrong people. The developers are told what to work on by their leadership and the company they work for. If there is actually a bad developer their superiors are responsible for them.

That's like blaming an employee in a factory for the design of a product when they just push the buttons, they don't decide what gets made or how it's made, but if they're actually bad at what they do. You can bet they would be reprimanded.

There is a reason EA and Activision are amongst the most hated companies in this industry. There the ones telling the developers what to do, deadlines, their budget, what to make and how they can twist that for profit. I would almost never blame the developers.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 30, 2019 7:29PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you are swapping weapons, you don't have the buff because you don't have the weapon equipped. They would have to completely rework how set bonuses work for this to be a thing and its such a small problem that reworking entire systems just doesn't make sense.

Put your ebon on your jewels and body and call it a day, very easy fix even if you don't like it.

It's a bit more complicated than that.

The wearer of Ebon does not actually lose the 5-piece HP bonus when they swap bars. However, if you take a look at the combat log events, you can see that the wearer does lose and then gain the Ebon Armory bonus. This does not, however, actually affect their HP.

So clearly there's some odd programming going on with how the HP bonus is applied to the wearer versus how its applied to their allies.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

It's a bit more complicated than that.

The wearer of Ebon does not actually lose the 5-piece HP bonus when they swap bars. However, if you take a look at the combat log events, you can see that the wearer does lose and then gain the Ebon Armory bonus. This does not, however, actually affect their HP.

So clearly there's some odd programming going on with how the HP bonus is applied to the wearer versus how its applied to their allies.

it can be fixed, ^ and this further proves it, it's only a question of priority and resources, that's the reason i started this thread, a lot of people are annoyed by the fact that Ebon basically cannot be slotted on weapons. Some of them posted about it, but it just went under the radar.
    There are more "vocal" people talking about more "urgent" bugs, so this one is just left ignored.

Reminds me of a bug i have since wolfhunter basically, it's a visual bug that makes your weapons invisible on the front bar (usually dual wield or sword and shield) and instead shows your back bar weapon on the floor under your feet (usually a bow or a destro staff).
    It still happens to me (and thousands of others) every day, for a year, it's very VERY annoying. nothing has been done to fix it, probably because it's not "urgent".
    Link to the original post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431691/front-bar-weapons-disappearing-visual-bug/p1

Am i the only one who feels that we shouldn't play with bugs like these peacefully for years? And just accept them as "part of the game"?
    In my honest opinion, bugs should get reported, and sooner or later, addressed.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭

Take a look at this:

In a similar way: skills like guard, sorcerer pets and other toggle skills, remain active when you bar swap (if they are double barred).

In an another similar way: 4 and 5 piece bonuses that apply to the wearer do not drop for a split second when you bar swap. (do you see a magicka drop when you bar swap two crafty alfiq staves?). It only drops 5 piece bonuses that apply to people other than the wearer of the set. (also visually resetting the 3 red/green/blue orbs animation)

A similar principle can be applied to group oriented weapon sets when double barred.

The "whole system" does not work on resetting set bonuses when you bar swap. It only applies to specific sets.

You stated that this change will be game breaking, i believe otherwise, as it exists in other forms, so your "fact" is basically an opinion, doesn't matter if i like it or not.

• Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baraber wrote: »

Take a look at this:

In a similar way: skills like guard, sorcerer pets and other toggle skills, remain active when you bar swap (if they are double barred).

In an another similar way: 4 and 5 piece bonuses that apply to the wearer do not drop for a split second when you bar swap. (do you see a magicka drop when you bar swap two crafty alfiq staves?). It only drops 5 piece bonuses that apply to people other than the wearer of the set. (also visually resetting the 3 red/green/blue orbs animation)

A similar principle can be applied to group oriented weapon sets when double barred.

The "whole system" does not work on resetting set bonuses when you bar swap. It only applies to specific sets.

You stated that this change will be game breaking, i believe otherwise, as it exists in other forms, so your "fact" is basically an opinion, doesn't matter if i like it or not.

Skills and set bonuses are not the same thing.
    Effects applied to the player are not the same thing as buffs applied to the group.
    If this could have been fixed they would have done it, a few years ago, when they made the health stick on the player wearing it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh, they’ll kick you out of the Tank Mafia for admitting that you aren’t running Alkosh weapons and jewelry :D
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Baraber wrote: »

Take a look at this:

Skills and set bonuses are not the same thing.
    Effects applied to the player are not the same thing as buffs applied to the group.
    If this could have been fixed they would have done it, a few years ago, when they made the health stick on the player wearing it.

And still, they could make it so that the set will "pulse" and give the health bonus to players in range every 1 second and have the buff last for 1 second (even less than 1 second) . This will completely solve the bar swap bug (similarly to how major expedition still lingers on players upon leaving twisting/refreshing path for 2 seconds).
    This is just one way that this can be fixed, and trust me, this can be fixed.
    Just a matter of prioritizing.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you know that there is actual use of the bug you mention?

A lot of sets works only of actual healing, not overhealing meaning you can purposely proc these sets in situations where you shouldn't thanks to ebon bug. A quick example is when your group is doing dps test on Target Centurion. Thanks to Ebon bug you can proc Sentinel of Rkugamz or Symfony of Blades, even though this should not be possible because no dmg is incoming. Possibilities are endless in this game :smiley:
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they completely rework them for Jorvulds, siroria and Olorime too? answer is no.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    Did you know that there is actual use of the bug you mention?

A lot of sets works only of actual healing, not overhealing meaning you can purposely proc these sets in situations where you shouldn't thanks to ebon bug. A quick example is when your group is doing dps test on Target Centurion. Thanks to Ebon bug you can proc Sentinel of Rkugamz or Symfony of Blades, even though this should not be possible because no dmg is incoming. Possibilities are endless in this game :smiley:
    That's the real way to get this fixed. Figure out how to leverage it to increase DPS, watch it become the meta, and let everyone get used to it. Then it will be changed for sure.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »

Did they completely rework them for Jorvulds, siroria and Olorime too? answer is no.

Not the same thing in any way. Ebon, hircine, sanctuary and worm are unique in when you equip 5 pieces a permanent buff is applied to the group.

Also i didnt say fixing anything would be "game breaking" simply that they would have to rework the weapon swap mechanics of buff sets for it to work. Adding a lingering buff would be exploited for sure someone would figure out how to die and swap the gear so everyone gets permanent anon like you can get permanent twiceborn or permanent histbark.

The fix is to wear ebon on your body i mean it's one of the easiest sets in the game to farm. This is just someone who golded out their weapons and is pissed, which fine I get it.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not the same thing in any way. Ebon, hircine, sanctuary and worm are unique in when you equip 5 pieces a permanent buff is applied to the group.

Also i didnt say fixing anything would be "game breaking" simply that they would have to rework the weapon swap mechanics of buff sets for it to work. Adding a lingering buff would be exploited for sure someone would figure out how to die and swap the gear so everyone gets permanent anon like you can get permanent twiceborn or permanent histbark.

The fix is to wear ebon on your body i mean it's one of the easiest sets in the game to farm. This is just someone who golded out their weapons and is pissed, which fine I get it.

Yes, the reason it can't be fixed is because someone might exploit it.

Genius.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭

Didn't gold out anything, this is a BUG, bugs need fixing, do not presume to know what i think, and stop stating the obvious and unwanted "solution" of slotting it on body pieces, that is not an accepted solution, i wrote that clear as day in the OP.
    Everyone can enter a thread about relequen being bugged and post a comment "the fix is to use advancing yokeda (berserkering warrior) instead" , thanks mister obvious.

Besides, why do you care even if they do need to rework the bar swap mechanics for buff sets? do you work there? I really don't get your motivations in this matter.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What Yodased said and this.

It has actually been an issue in the game for longer than 2 years and was worse before as tanks lost whatever set bonus and stats from shield tank during weapon swap. As a result we just avoided using sets like Ebon on our weapons.

I seriously doubt Zos will fix it since it is so easy to work around and there are bigger fish that they need to attend to.

Edit: and if anyone doubts what Yodased mentioned, just look up this history of TBS exploits. They may not be directly related but it does show there are real issues related to what they were mentioning.
    Edited by idk on July 31, 2019 1:22PM