The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

None of this matters.

Darsaga
Darsaga
✭✭✭
Seriously you spend how long reworking all these sets/skills? We can’t even get any of them to work in the lag to begin with. I don’t want any one button warriors defending the performance either.

None of this matters. FIX LAG. If you can fix it tell us. Some of us have spent thousands of dollars in the hopes that our money was being put to good use. It is the least you could do.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're not going to put months of new content and profits on hold to rewrite the entire game. Your pleas to "fix lag" are what doesn't matter.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in ESO, are challenged by this pointless forum post. Our game is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from the Devs to save us from ourselves.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So long as people spend stupid amounts of money on overpriced cosmetics and gamble crates, nothing is going to be done to improve performance

Nothing at all

ZOS doesn’t care about anything but their cash flow, and people give them the all clear to pump out shallow content and recolors without regard for performance every time they make a purchase.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life itself is ultimately meaningless.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    The reason it does not get fixed yet alone acknowledged is pretty simple. Look at these replies. Instead of all the people it effects saying anything, probably due to people wrongfully attacking them, it is the people that obviously don’t care about the issue making pointless comments.

People pay for content via cosmetics and ESO Plus. Why should the main engine driving the game be ignored? No different than if you do not take care of the engine in a car. Or if you add modifications to the engine without giving it supporting mods that strengthens the core.

It is neglectful to all of us whether you care or not. So excuse me for coming to a point that using a public forum to express this fact is somehow bothering any of you.

When any of us purchase this game/content or any game for that matter we expect and hope it is being taken care of. The lag isn’t something new. I do not expect an over night fix. The problem is that it is becoming exponentially worse with each update.

You would think a rational person would be fine with sitting out a few updates for them to work on the core of the gameplay. I mean they did skip mid year mayhem. What if the performance is just as bad next year? Do we just skip it again? Do we just remove PvP and all group content? I mean if we don’t expect them to actually fix anything as one person mentioned may as well be single player. I do not like to see them just keep dishing out pointless changes to sets and classes. None of this is time well spent.

As a consumer/customer we should expect some transparency on this issue. You all are correct nothing will happen unless the consumers are heard. Which still brings me back to my original statement. None of this matters if we can not play the game due to its performance.

• rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to send out to as many guilds discords as possible a way to have our voices heard. hopefully you hear about it because having it on here just gets removed from the forums and your account getting a warning. People are already starting to like what I have started.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Rsaint

I don’t believe I have broken any TOS. I guess if I get suspended and the thread removed or closed send me a whisper to a discord. I’m a little bit of an older dude so social media and social apps are not really my thing, but I would be glad to help any way I can.

I just want everyone to enjoy the game in the way they see fit. It is even fair that some people simply have better things to be concerned with. It does not however dismiss or excuse the way we have and are being treated when it comes to this issue. MMO’s will always have lag that is understandable. There was a point in time all the original players will remember that it was at acceptable, playable and enjoyable level.

• Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, performance is what is pushing people away from this game.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself being a day one player of the game with almost $7,000 invested in it would like to say performance NEEDS to be looked at and FIXED
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on July 14, 2019 3:35AM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »
    MY Life itself is ultimately meaningless.

fixed that for you

I started playing BDO, now that's the real definition of meaningless. B)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/CAb_bCtKuXg

Edited by Aznarb on July 14, 2019 5:29AM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fixed that for you

I started playing BDO

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm kinda interested in trying it out once it releases on Ps4.

fixed that for you

tenor.gif?itemid=4645057

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone. Spread the word, let’s get heard!
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭
    Wihuri wrote: »
    Yes, performance is what is pushing people away from this game.

The performance issues certainly aren't bringing people in. Have you taken a look at the Steam forums lately? It's about 90% negativity whether it's talking about overall performance, lag, or an inability to even install and play the game, which admittedly isn't a ZOS problem. (As far as I know.)

That being said, balance changes are all fine and good.. but when one end of the game gets jacked out of torque because the other end needs balancing, it creates a problem.

In our current case, PvE is being steamrolled because of PvP. It's not just that some justified PvP nerfs are affecting PvE, it's that almost the core of how certain classes even play is being changed because of PvP.. and that is not a good move regardless of how you look at it.

Until they separate PvE and PvP entirely (I've outlined how to effectively do this numerous times..), and actually bring attention and action towards the numerous performance issues this game has, I can't recommend it to anyone.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They add cast time to some skills,
    Little they know that at the current state of the game, every skill has a cast time now days. :trollface:
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

Pretty much all of this is loading screen and FPS fixes. So console will benefit from the FPS changes, both platforms with loading screens.

Q1 of 2020 before any server performance issues are looked into? That is exactly why we can not play the game.

Two things that need to be done immediately should just shut this game down and get fixed. FPS on console and server performance on both platforms.

Other games have done it, why can't ZOS? All that article does is upset me more.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darsaga wrote: »
    Seriously you spend how long reworking all these sets/skills? We can’t even get any of them to work in the lag to begin with. I don’t want any one button warriors defending the performance either.

None of this matters. FIX LAG. If you can fix it tell us. Some of us have spent thousands of dollars in the hopes that our money was being put to good use. It is the least you could do.

All your money is meant for noob streamer's needs. Don't spend anymore. There is huge corruption going on . Enjoy all overland content and move on.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 7, 2019 2:45AM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason it does not get fixed yet alone acknowledged is pretty simple. Look at these replies. Instead of all the people it effects saying anything, probably due to people wrongfully attacking them, it is the people that obviously don’t care about the issue making pointless comments.

People pay for content via cosmetics and ESO Plus. Why should the main engine driving the game be ignored? No different than if you do not take care of the engine in a car. Or if you add modifications to the engine without giving it supporting mods that strengthens the core.

It is neglectful to all of us whether you care or not. So excuse me for coming to a point that using a public forum to express this fact is somehow bothering any of you.

When any of us purchase this game/content or any game for that matter we expect and hope it is being taken care of. The lag isn’t something new. I do not expect an over night fix. The problem is that it is becoming exponentially worse with each update.

You would think a rational person would be fine with sitting out a few updates for them to work on the core of the gameplay. I mean they did skip mid year mayhem. What if the performance is just as bad next year? Do we just skip it again? Do we just remove PvP and all group content? I mean if we don’t expect them to actually fix anything as one person mentioned may as well be single player. I do not like to see them just keep dishing out pointless changes to sets and classes. None of this is time well spent.

As a consumer/customer we should expect some transparency on this issue. You all are correct nothing will happen unless the consumers are heard. Which still brings me back to my original statement. None of this matters if we can not play the game due to its performance.

Beware of paid trolls. No true independent player will give those comments. Everyone knows the pathetic state of the game.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fixed that for you

I started playing BDO

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm kinda interested in trying it out once it releases on Ps4.

fixed that for you

tenor.gif?itemid=4645057

Currently, BDO having more viewers and players than ESO according to twitch stats and Steam. Not sure, how the game is though. I am not a fan of MMO. Just waiting for Cyberpunk 2077.
    These noobs in ZOs just throw away a beautiful game slowly becoming cancer for the US Gaming industry becoming the next EA pay to win garbage. They making paid trolls instead of fixing the game. It's sad to see once a great company in the US in fact the world die this way to cancers from within. Every good thing has to end someday. So does the elder scrolls and ZOs.

Only Rockstart need to pull some magic. Otherwise, the US gaming industry is out of US soil.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 7, 2019 2:55AM
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we need to be wearing black nail polish to participate in this thread?
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Myself and many others enjoy ESO or enjoyed it for PvP. Saying enjoy the overland content and move on is so shallow and simple minded. How do you know that isn’t being done by myself and others? Also if you implying I’m a troll because of an in depth response you are sadly mistaken.

Once again the first responses to any update are actual trolls and people attempting humor.

Something has ZOS feathers in a bunch or they would of never even made a news post about performance. I don’t know if it is a sharp decline in players, subscriptions, or bad publicity. Maybe all of the above.....or more. If you ask me it is a sign of weakness and a chance to strike.

Why don’t we try to keep the pressure on and maybe we can have actual forward progress and fix the things that need fixing!
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing matters except clown store
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[mysterious voice] Or is it.........?

:o
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seem to misunderstand, only x people can focus on lag, that's their job, then the combat team has their job.

Different skillset, abilities, and knowledge.

They are working on it, just a different team and pace, and it's incredibly hard to do.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing BDO, now that's the real definition of meaningless. B)

If it were not for the open world PvP, I'd be there playing BDO with you. ESO still seems to be the best MMORPG out there for my tastes, but I've started actively searching for a better one. To me, it seems the game doesn't work as well as it did a year ago. In addition, without CP growth and with on-going nerfs each patch, my characters are growing weaker, rather than stronger, as time goes by. That's too uncomfortably like ageing in real life for my comfort.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭

You seem to misunderstand, only x people can focus on lag, that's their job, then the combat team has their job.

Different skillset, abilities, and knowledge.

They are working on it, just a different team and pace, and it's incredibly hard to do.

I understand division of labor very well. A successful business doesn’t say we know this is broken everyone but it’s so hard to fix please wait another 5 years. The successful business devotes and reallocates resources to get the problem fixed, unless they don’t believe it in it, or they know it can’t be fixed.

I’m glad I don’t live in or grew up in a world where something being hard is an excuse.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

We all hope the game makes it until 2020... we all know that job should have been done THIS year. But Necro was more importante than fixing the game
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ruumwolf
    ruumwolf
    Soul Shriven
    I understand that they can’t not release new content while they fix performance, but what I wish they would do is chill on the complete balance overhauling every 4 months. I would much rather have a small content update and no balance changes but plenty of performance fixes in its place.
    Edited by ruumwolf on August 8, 2019 6:31PM