The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• Noreno
    Noreno
    Soul Shriven
    AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
    -From Russia With Love-
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos will fix the EU server just like they fixed the group finder and they will do it just as fast. that gives them almost 18 more months to work on it.
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    TESO treats investors and their dividends rather than players who pay to play
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO treats investors and their dividends rather than players who pay to play

Sadly, a lot of business works that way. There are two important types of people, the investors and everyone else (aka walking wallets). The former is the customer, the latter is just a supplier.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, enough is enough, after 3 years of being patient and paying for ESO+ I have finally cancelled my subscription.

Good luck finding another mug who will tolerate your lies for as long.

After 3 years of playing I just did the same =(
    Furniture crafting PC EU
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    AboKor wrote: »
    Okay, enough is enough, after 3 years of being patient and paying for ESO+ I have finally cancelled my subscription.

Good luck finding another mug who will tolerate your lies for as long.

After 3 years of playing I just did the same =(

Me too, I won't pay money to a game where I don't see enough improvements.

@AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the threads... I get the feeling that ESO is a victim of it's own success.
    Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
    Feed the needy Not the greedy
    In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the threads... I get the feeling that ESO is a victim of it's own success.

More like the victim of lack of investment.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Or typical American greed mechanics currently in place... I think ZOS dev guys do all they can what their time & budget permits. The guys in the suits, advertising and other depts are the culprit.

And to make it all worse, their time frame for making new content just breaks apart other things with no resources to do a proper QA. It's not only ESO/ZOS though.

I can confirm that multi-billion dollar company Adobe treats their iconic, industry-standard software Photoshop (and Lightroom and many others) very similar like ZOS treats ESO.
    The bugs that make through the final version once new stuff is released are an insult. To put into perspective - we waited more than a month for them to fix "Edit in Photoshop" shortcut to actually work in their own software. Industry. Standard. Software.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the new patch PVP is unplayable!!! ZOS what did you do to the servers?
  • Paramundo
    Paramundo
    The current performance ist just ridiculous. Spontaneous loading screens in Cyrodiil. Endless loading screens in battlegrounds. Bluescreens in battlegrounds (PS4). At the moment my annual tax declaration ist more fun.

• nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please please please sort this embarrassment of a server out, I've played MMO's since Star Wars Galaxies, through Warcraft, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Warhammer, The Old Republic, Rift, and many more, none and I mean none even Vanguard were as bad as this, its 2019 for gods sake.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please please please sort this embarrassment of a server out, I've played MMO's since Star Wars Galaxies, through Warcraft, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Warhammer, The Old Republic, Rift, and many more, none and I mean none even Vanguard were as bad as this, its 2019 for gods sake.

1 1/2 month from 2020 even. 6th year.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon then Matt, comment on the current state ?

Silence just re-inforces the useless piece of **** image that ZOS has got.

• Xanathos
    Xanathos
    ✭✭✭
    I have serious question to ZOS, can we expect soon a official community Twich regarding lately repeatable servers issues, connection problems, weekly "investigate". That Twich should be Q&A with players whose that problem concerns.
    Also in that Twich should be presented future plans to permamently "fix" those issues. I really hope for that kind of Twitch, if that big, building by years ESO community really matter to You.
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    C'mon then Matt, comment on the current state ?

Silence just re-inforces the useless piece of **** image that ZOS has got.

the money is rollin in. why comment on anythin.
    I need TP for my ***!
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to make sure the server uses a hdmi 2.0 cable? I heard it could cause problem incredible lag and produces a lot of bugs in the game if you do not use one. :)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xanathos wrote: »
    I have serious question to ZOS, can we expect soon a official community Twich regarding lately repeatable servers issues, connection problems, weekly "investigate". That Twich should be Q&A with players whose that problem concerns.
    Also in that Twich should be presented future plans to permamently "fix" those issues. I really hope for that kind of Twitch, if that big, building by years ESO community really matter to You.

We are aware of the issues a certain small minority little group of players is having. And while we certainly understand their frustration we are still killing it. Our subscriptions are at an all time high and we are working on improvements which will enhance the uptime of our product. Furthermore this will require some patience as we have a year long roadmap to make a product everyone will be proud of. While you are waiting here is this new shiny to make you forget about the complete cluster frack this game has become. In summary, we are killing it, have a nice day and thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "it's dead, Jim!"
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistency, people. A virtue only the greatest of companies possess.
    ZOS is damn consistent in trying to fix what their patch/update was supposed to fix, and eventually broke.
    I am in awe of the level of commitment this company shows when breaking what is left standing
    among a pile of junk already being plagued by bugs.

You can always count on ZOS to outperform itself and break their game more...
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have we tried Thoughts and Prayers posts? For every TaP ZOS reduced the downtime by a minute.
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously people haven't thought and prayed enough to keep these servers up.
  • FergusMcLeod
    FergusMcLeod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Today, members of the ESO team are participating in a Reddit AMA over on the ESO subreddit. We have seen your questions and concerns about EU server performance, server capacity, and issues with the Activity Finder, and wanted to make sure we addressed them in the AMA and here. Below is a response from Game Director Matt Firor.

2019 is going to end nothing has changed, it's worse than ever, will ESO also end soon?

PC-EU | Mac-Client | Windows-Client | König der Hölle - Magplar - Dovahkriid - EP - PvE DD
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.”
    Zitat von Kai Schober am 6. Juli des Jahres 2021: "Es wird Zeit, dass die neuen Server kommen."
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably should sticky this again for the inevitable EU crash next time patch day comes up
    Edited by Contaminate on November 20, 2019 6:21AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excellent communication. How many ppl need to dump their subs to get this mess fixed?
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Today, members of the ESO team are participating in a Reddit AMA over on the ESO subreddit. We have seen your questions and concerns about EU server performance, server capacity, and issues with the Activity Finder, and wanted to make sure we addressed them in the AMA and here. Below is a response from Game Director Matt Firor.
    Hello! I suspect we'll get questions about performance more than a few times today, so I prepared a description of what we have going on to address performance concerns - on a number of fronts.

Even though there is very little new information here, we definitely could be doing a better job of keeping everyone appraised of how things are going while we are in process. We will be better messengers in the future keeping everyone up to date on longer-term fixes and updates.

First, server capacity. As we all know, we had server capacity issues a few months back, especially on the PC EU servers. We were forced to temporarily cap the number of concurrent users on PC EU and put up a queuing system to enforce it. We got the new capacity online for PC EU in a week, and added that same capacity for PC NA (which was very close to experiencing the same problems). We took the queuing system down, and we can now support the concurrency demand we are seeing.

Second, the looking for group system. As we posted last week, we are working on a 100% revamp of this system, which is mostly used for Dungeon and Battleground queuing. We have a version done that we are testing in-house, although it will be a while before it goes live. We want to make sure that the solution we have scales correctly and will support the now massive numbers of players that are using the system. We are planning for revamped LFG system to be in Update 24, depending on how testing is going. Until then, we will continue with the only solution we have (which we posted about last week in the LFG update) - cap the number of players in the queue. We know it is extremely frustrating to not be able to queue for dungeons and BGs and get "cannot join queue" when you try, but at least now once you get into a queue successfully, you should be able to join the dungeon or BG.

Third: overall performance. Rich talked about this in his end of year message six months ago: we are currently implementing sweeping optimization and memory management client architecture changes that should improve client performance and especially client stability. These optimizations will be most noticeable on lower-spec PCs, base Xbox, and base PS4, but overall everyone should notice better stability and performance. This is scheduled for Update 24. Additionally, we have another set of optimizations scheduled for Q1 next year that will reduce the client "footprint" requirements and should speed up loading times.

Fourth: Longer term, we are in the beginning stages of combat system performance improvements that should improve overall game performance in Cyrodiil and Trials. Stay tuned for updates on this.

Obviously if anything else crops up, we'll investigate. I know that it can seem like it takes an inordinate amount of time to address performance problems, but we need to take our time and make sure that we don't introduce new issues while we do this. Thanks for your patience, and we will keep you updated.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/epwuxj0/

You'll find more details in our PC-EU Server Update thread from April here.

Another mockery. Nothing to add.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, has the Dragonguard event been cancelled yet? :D
  • SenPanda
    SenPanda
    Started playing around 2-3 weeks ago. Really enjoy the game, already nearly 300cp, got golded out pvp gear, numerous sets of items, etc.

Today I finally got my pvp set, just to face unplayable bg's where everyone teleports, where lightweaving is impossible as targets disappear simply because servers are unstable causing huge issues.

This is ridiculous. This game is owned by a company that has the resources to ensure *** like this does not happen. Are you simply incapable of fixing it or milking players?

Care to say, not re-subbing next month.