Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

depths of malator is an awful experience

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    this is the wrathstone dlc and supposed to be some superior dungeon? its an abysmal experience , not well designed fights , too many gimmicks and one shots
    i dont come to eso for themepark, and know the themepark is bad in this game, but im forced to sit here wait an hour for a queue, to get into a dungeon that healers / tanks immediately quit from, and what then? sit there wait another hour or force myself to play an awful dungeon?

i will quote the tank who was 600 cp in this normal mode dungeon : " I see this come up again I'm out ;p "

I haven't tried this one on Veteran yet. After reading this - I may not either.

I"m sick of the gimmicks and one shots also. They are going to have to move away from that kind of game play if they ever want me to start buying their DLC again. I don't care how often they put them up for sale. I play to have fun, not to be annoyed.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 4, 2019 8:52PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these new dungeons more difficult than Dragon Bones ones on normal mode?

They are pretty easy on normal. On Vet though they are annoying, mostly for the reasons the OP points out. Lots of stupid gimmicks that instantly kill you.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 4, 2019 6:50PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I"m sick of the gimmicks and one shots also. They are going to have to move away from that kind of game play if they ever want me to start buying their DLC again. I don't care how often they put them up for sale. I play to have fun, not to be annoyed.

Stands in AoE -> Doesn't block -> Doesn't Dodge -> Dies -> Result: Bad dungeon. I should have just shrugged that off.

Sees mob heavy attacking -> Stares at mob -> Decides that light attacking would be the best course of action -> Dies -> Result: bad design. I should be allowed to attack whenever.

Healer sit there -> Sees player at 90% hp -> Decides. I got better things to do than cast. -> Sees DPS at 40%. -> Decides, maybe one healing springs is enough -> Player dies -> Result: Bad dungeon - Dmg shouldn't be so hard to keep up with. I should be able to cast a couple times during an encounter to keep people alive.
    Edited by karekiz on May 5, 2019 9:09PM
  • m2rc
    m2rc
    ✭✭✭
    This dungeon's mainly tough on the tanks and healers. The King Narilmor fight requires the tank to take a lot of damage and the healer to heal through all of it. The last boss is a bit theme park-y during the 2nd phase but it's a fun mechanic nonetheless. ZOS won't stop adding in DLC dungeons and I think it's for the better if they add some level of difficulty but also fun and new mechanics in there. Plus, there's a skin at the end of it on vet.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't think vDoM was particularly difficult...went in there blind...first day and completed with little issues...vFV...also first day and blind... definitely took more time figuring out...especially the skeever mechanics...but imo WGT esp. Planar Inhibitor before power creep seemed more difficult...but it could be that time has warped that view...
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    then you got carried

I doubt it, it was just normal and mechs were obvious. Just because someone has a different experience then you doesn't mean they got carried. I do decent dps and can follow mechanics that are apparent. Bash kill avoid red avoid wall not to hard

a group that sat there explaining to him the mechanics and not rushing, his first ever time and done in under 20 minutes? yeah, he got carried hard

Your OP is complaining about how a big, bad NORMAL DLC is too hard for you, yet you have the stones to say other people got carried? Get some self-awareness.

• Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    You're responding to a post over 6 months old. How do you even find this? Get some self awareness.
  • GeneraLandon
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Didn't think vDoM was particularly difficult...went in there blind...first day and completed with little issues...vFV...also first day and blind... definitely took more time figuring out...especially the skeever mechanics...but imo WGT esp. Planar Inhibitor before power creep seemed more difficult...but it could be that time has warped that
    I call *** on that.
    Edited by GeneraLandon on April 19, 2020 4:38AM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around the front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.