The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• SimensJacket
    SimensJacket
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't find "A Letter to Jakarn". I read this thread and others and they keep telling me that its in the Rimmen sewers in the room with the Clavicus shirne but I can't find it. I looked everywhere. Someone else told me I needed to go do another quest (Jewels of Ban Daar) but I've done all of Elsewyr and its not there either. Can anyone help me out?

PS: A Tomb of the Undaunted is still no where to be found for me. I know its supposta be in the undaunted camp but its just not there/didn't count when I read it. Been playing since Beta and this eidetic is the one that bugs me the most. Anyone have any suggestions for this one?
    Edited by SimensJacket on October 31, 2019 8:53PM
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭

PS: A Tomb of the Undaunted is still no where to be found for me. I know its supposta be in the undaunted camp but its just not there/didn't count when I read it. Been playing since Beta and this eidetic is the one that bugs me the most. Anyone have any suggestions for this one?

I've gotten confirmation from two trusted guys that they read the unsigned version, waiting for a reply from both on how and such.
    Other than that, the book is still a no-go...

Also got a reply from ZoS today, and they wanted to know which books people had troubles with.
    I only mentioned some of the ones I knew I needed, but know some can be helpful for others.
    For my beloved Kud Nakal in Murkmire.
    Tome of the Undaunted unsigned.
    Pearl Research Notes Log 3 in Summerset.
    Dead Water Riddle Fragment in Murkmire.

Waiting a reply from them on those too.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »

I've gotten confirmation from two trusted guys that they read the unsigned version, waiting for a reply from both on how and such.
    Other than that, the book is still a no-go...

Also got a reply from ZoS today, and they wanted to know which books people had troubles with.
    I only mentioned some of the ones I knew I needed, but know some can be helpful for others.
    For my beloved Kud Nakal in Murkmire.
    Tome of the Undaunted unsigned.
    Pearl Research Notes Log 3 in Summerset.
    Dead Water Riddle Fragment in Murkmire.

Waiting a reply from them on those too.

If you scroll back through the last few pages and look at the list on the first page, you'll have a good idea. There are quite a few books in Summerset related to quests that have no post-quest location and disappear mid-quest after anyone in group interacts with them, similar to Kinlady's Letter. I've also heard numerous reports about Sealed Letter (or whatever the lore entry for the Letter from Kasura is) and there are three previously mentioned (possibly in the other thread?) books in Southern Elsweyr that don't appear to have lore entries.

Additionally, I'm still not convinced that the "post-quest" location for Kinlady's Letter is actually accessible after the quest. Several hours searching every reachable spot related to that quest have still yielded no results.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Lorebook
    The Devoted and the Deranged:
    - Introduction into Aedric Studies

Have information that this book are found in Imperial City bookshelves.
    Is this confirmed? As I have visited both Imp City campaigns once per day on 3 characters for 2 weeks now...nothing.

Any pointers?
    Cheers
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »
    Lorebook
    The Devoted and the Deranged:
    - Introduction into Aedric Studies

Have information that this book are found in Imperial City bookshelves.
    Is this confirmed? As I have visited both Imp City campaigns once per day on 3 characters for 2 weeks now...nothing.

Any pointers?
    Cheers

Yes, I can confirm that’s in the IC bookshelf pool. It’s a pain to farm. Hang in there.
    Still can't find "A Letter to Jakarn". I read this thread and others and they keep telling me that its in the Rimmen sewers in the room with the Clavicus shirne but I can't find it. I looked everywhere. Someone else told me I needed to go do another quest (Jewels of Ban Daar) but I've done all of Elsewyr and its not there either. Can anyone help me out?

The Jewel of Baan Dar quest is not accessible until you have had Tharn unlock the palace sewers during the main quest. After the main quest, you can get the Jewel side quest to pop by walking south of the Rimmen wayshrine (as if you’re going from the wayshrine to the daily writ turn-in). There is no marker for the side quest - it has a very unusual introduction. During that quest you will be asked to visit the sewers again, and the lorebook should be there at that point.

As for the Tome of the Undaunted, it seems inaccessible for many players. ZOS will need to do something on their end to fix this.
  • Valtis
    Valtis
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys,

I‘m still missing the Book Pearl Research Notes 3 do you know if this got fixed or if it’s still in the Nirvana? Greetings from Germany.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Note to Vanus is in the northern circular courtyard in central Skywatch in Auridon (it's on a bench)

Hm. I assume you mean this one: bd2w0c0w09ja.png

Two benches there, no book. Neither at the one further north...

Can you screencap or something, please? Also, are you sure it is /post/-quest?
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    83qe3ctk00hj.png

And yes. I'm very sure it's post-quest.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... Silly question, but is it PTS or prod server? I mean... I have checked it on several characters, both having this quest done and not... It's not there.

This is my main, post-quest, AD (if that matters):

lsyfo1d1vdds.png
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Missing from my Pellitine collection:

Mend the Threads is located in the path of pride according to lorebooks, but i can't go in the last part where presumebly the book is. It's definately NOT in the first or second part. I checked. So maybe this one is also for the bugged list?

The Marriage of Moon and Tide should be somewhere inside the Moonlit Cove. I couldn't find it on top of the cliff where it should be according to lorebooks. Couldn't find it below/under the cliff either. I'm stumped. Looked for it repeatedly tho. Can someone confirm that the book is there and maybe approximately discribe where i can find it? Only place i can think of is the secret Boss hideaway, but i can't get there anymore because i have finished the quest already.

Apart from these Pellitine books, i'm still looking for the repaired Kinlady's Letter from Summerset to complete my collection. It should have gotten a post-quest location but i still haven't been able to find it. Looked in Shimmerine everywhere.

Thanks yall!
    This one likes to play.....
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

The Marriage of Moon and Tide should be somewhere inside the Moonlit Cove. I couldn't find it on top of the cliff where it should be according to lorebooks. Couldn't find it below/under the cliff either. I'm stumped. Looked for it repeatedly tho. Can someone confirm that the book is there and maybe approximately discribe where i can find it?

It is not on top of the cliff, but halfway below, you need to jump down to a precipice.

• BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... Silly question, but is it PTS or prod server? I mean... I have checked it on several characters, both having this quest done and not... It's not there.

lsyfo1d1vdds.png

Yep. Live server on my EP main. Really not sure why it's not showing up for you.
    Hello,

Mend the Threads is located in the path of pride according to lorebooks, but i can't go in the last part where presumebly the book is. It's definately NOT in the first or second part. I checked. So maybe this one is also for the bugged list?

The Marriage of Moon and Tide should be somewhere inside the Moonlit Cove. I couldn't find it on top of the cliff where it should be according to lorebooks. Couldn't find it below/under the cliff either. I'm stumped. Looked for it repeatedly tho. Can someone confirm that the book is there and maybe approximately discribe where i can find it? Only place i can think of is the secret Boss hideaway, but i can't get there anymore because i have finished the quest already.

Apart from these Pellitine books, i'm still looking for the repaired Kinlady's Letter from Summerset to complete my collection. It should have gotten a post-quest location but i still haven't been able to find it. Looked in Shimmerine everywhere.

Thanks yall!

Not sure about any of the Dragonhold books, as I've not really ventured in there yet.

I've also searched all over Shimmerene a few times (along with the Coral Forest and even Artaeum) for Kinlady's Letter, but have been unsuccessful. My current thinking is that either they put it in the area underneath the monastery (forgetting we can't get there after the quest) or just put it somewhere randomly so they can say there's a location after the quest. Unless someone from ZOS says anything about it (maybe file a support request?), the best chance we've got is someone randomly stumbling over it and sharing the details. I can't say it's an exciting thought...
    Edited by BrightOblivion on November 8, 2019 5:50AM
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

The Marriage of Moon and Tide should be somewhere inside the Moonlit Cove. I couldn't find it on top of the cliff where it should be according to lorebooks. Couldn't find it below/under the cliff either. I'm stumped. Looked for it repeatedly tho. Can someone confirm that the book is there and maybe approximately discribe where i can find it?

It is not on top of the cliff, but halfway below, you need to jump down to a precipice.

Thank you very much, i will try that!
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭

lsyfo1d1vdds.png

Yep. Live server on my EP main. Really not sure why it's not showing up for you.
    Hello,

Thanks yall!

Not sure about any of the Dragonhold books, as I've not really ventured in there yet.

I've also searched all over Shimmerene a few times (along with the Coral Forest and even Artaeum) for Kinlady's Letter, but have been unsuccessful. My current thinking is that either they put it in the area underneath the monastery (forgetting we can't get there after the quest) or just put it somewhere randomly so they can say there's a location after the quest. Unless someone from ZOS says anything about it (maybe file a support request?), the best chance we've got is someone randomly stumbling over it and sharing the details. I can't say it's an exciting thought...

Thanks for the reply! I really hope it will be found then. I will file a support request like you suggested, not sure if it will help though. Naturally, if I find the book I will let you all know here.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Thank you very much, i will try that!

Here's me looking at the "shelf" where it is:

2etjzydkln8n.png
  • znrk
    znrk
    ✭✭✭
    So, in my over-the-year-long quest for finding Kinlady's Letter and finally complete Summerset books, I decided to do Queen's Decree on my alt, noted down all the places on the way through that quest, and then revisit them with my main that was missing that book. And here it is. In Artaeum - we go there to complete and turn in the quest.
    63.23x26.94 (summerset/artaeum_base)

huv5nrvgcdly.png
    There you go. The patchnotes weren't lying. Thank you, ZoS, for fixing it.
    PC/EU
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    znrk wrote: »
    So, in my over-the-year-long quest for finding Kinlady's Letter and finally complete Summerset books, I decided to do Queen's Decree on my alt, noted down all the places on the way through that quest, and then revisit them with my main that was missing that book. And here it is. In Artaeum - we go there to complete and turn in the quest.

huv5nrvgcdly.png

Interesting. I know a @playfull_kitten who'd be excited to hear that. Thanks for finding it, and for sharing.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Hey. Looking for a few books.

Pellitine Postings:
    - J'daththarr's Letter (Found, pictures in new comment)
    - Letter to Selloe (Found, waterfront in senchal, just named Note, but its the lorebook)

All other found, except: The Good Bits, but is a quest named the same so assuming it's related to it.
    Edited by TrofoHawk on November 9, 2019 10:51PM
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Pellitine Postings
    J'daththarr's Letter
    gd6pmq8dl6m1.jpg
    ovhes1derfyb.jpg
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    znrk wrote: »

huv5nrvgcdly.png

OH Thank you so much for sharing!
  • JaredDragonclaw
    Looking for some help finding “THE FAVORED DAUGHTER OF FADOMAI” from pellitine lore. I missed it along the way and have found very little references to it.
  • JaredDragonclaw
    Edited by JaredDragonclaw on November 11, 2019 11:58AM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Nevermind, found a way w/o using the grapple. Odd that these particular grapple points are disabled though, unlike all overs.

Can someone tell me where/how to get the Enzamir's Note?

I assume from what I read that it requires getting to these grappling points, but I cannot get them to activate from any spot I tried, whether below or across the river:
    j1411ie2g3jb.png
    fncd1d60jsca.png
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on November 12, 2019 1:19PM
  • spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    Tombstone of Naio-Bhefeo

If you have already done the Dragonguards Legacy quest, how do you get this one? The original entrance in Tanzelwil, Auridon no longer seems accessible to me.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    spekdah wrote: »
    Tombstone of Naio-Bhefeo

If you have already done the Dragonguards Legacy quest, how do you get this one? The original entrance in Tanzelwil, Auridon no longer seems accessible to me.

Grapple bow to the attic of the stable. The copies of books which could be missed will be there.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    spekdah wrote: »
    Tombstone of Naio-Bhefeo

Group up with a friend who has not done the quest yet on any character and make him/her enter that hidden vault. You can now see the door and follow inside.
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Where is these books?

Epistle on the Spirits of Amun-dro Vol 2
    Epistle on the Spirits of Amun-dro Vol 3
    J'daththarr's Letter
    Letter to Selloe
    Secrets of the Riddle'Thar
    Survivor's Guilt
    The Burning of Senchal

For My Beloved Kud-Nakal

Burnt Scripture

A World of Corpses
    Benevolent Necromancy, it Exists
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody know where Mantra of Redemption is post quest?

Edit: Found! In Vijari's House in Black Heights on a nightstand next to the bed.
    Edited by OtisMiller on November 24, 2019 1:26AM
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    Serum Infusion report in Summerset, part of Summerset Scrolls, needs to be added to the bugged list. Can't be obtained after quest. Building where it is found cannot be entered once quest is done but you can jump on some rocks to drop behind and then enter the building. All other books for the quest are available EXCEPT for this one. I've even had a friend on a brand new toon group with me. This let me enter the house through the front door but the scroll still was nowhere to be found. Outside of IC books and a few motifs, this is the only book I need..... Hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valtis wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I‘m still missing the Book Pearl Research Notes 3 do you know if this got fixed or if it’s still in the Nirvana? Greetings from Germany.

If you've completed the quest at Tor-Hame-Khard before finding this book upstairs then book is still missing post-quest.