The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I run between 1200 and 1300 base recovery in no cp, but that's on a breton in 5 light armor with resto back bar, ele drain and channeled focus.

You could use the Ghastly Eye Bowl as an alternative to Witchmother's but you'd need to invest a little more into health so you won't be instagibbed by a random nightblade with a bow.

Yea I agree with this, I run 1300 with New Moon and do fine.

I have plenty of magicka for engagements, where I’ve noticed I’m a bit weak is inbetween engagements. I’ll have plenty to wipe a group, then be on my merry way but enter the next engagement half magicka, especially with stam in your group who like sprinting into fights because they’re in a rush to die first.

It might be a good idea to run that mage guild ability after an engagement or use the psijiic channel to return resources. Just don’t be one of those baddies who use it mid engagement, I’ve seen people do a lot of dumb things in pvp (regardless of MMR rank) and doing that tops the list as one of the dumbest things I’ve seen.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 18, 2019 4:08PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new magplar should run 1100-1200 regen in no cp. You might be fine in the first moments of an engagement and even kill someone but once you get put on the defense you’re going to die due to a lack of resources. It’s even more likely if you come across people that automatically focus the Templar.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't change anything, just
    No new magplar should run 1100-1200 regen in no cp. You might be fine in the first moments of an engagement and even kill someone but once you get put on the defense you’re going to die due to a lack of resources. It’s even more likely if you come across people that automatically focus the Templar.

No magicka should run that low outside of zergs
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Dedicated dueling builds can run very low passive regen if they backbar a resto staff. Against a single opponent you can create openings for sneaking in full heavies, especially with HoTs or damage shields.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 15, 2019 10:51PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, I've been messing around with radiant aura and really like it. Typically in BGs I run 1200 mag regen, I'm thinking of stripping out some mag regen to take advantage of the minor magic steal. I've tried elemental drain and found it's not as good just because it can be dodged, mistargeted, and in general pvp's too chaotic.

Anyone ever tried it and can give tips about how to build around it? Here's what I've settled on these days:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=190702

With radiant aura and channeled focus up while attacking I have the equivalent of 1080 mag recovery off the stat sheet, issue I've come up against is my out of combat regen's terrible. If I switch up my build and go with no sustain sets I'm thinking I'll have issues recovering my magicka outside of combat.

Anyone given something similar a go and have some tips? (CPs are disabled)
    Edited by Iskiab on November 17, 2019 5:47PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So, I've been messing around with radiant aura and really like it. Typically in BGs I run 1200 mag regen, I'm thinking of stripping out some mag regen to take advantage of the minor magic steal. I've tried elemental drain and found it's not as good just because it can be dodged, mistargeted, and in general pvp's too chaotic.

Anyone ever tried it and can give tips about how to build around it? Here's what I've settled on these days:

With radiant aura and channeled focus up while attacking I have the equivalent of 1080 mag recovery off the stat sheet, issue I've come up against is my out of combat regen's terrible. If I switch up my build and go with no sustain sets I'm thinking I'll have issues recovering my magicka outside of combat.

Anyone given something similar a go and have some tips?

Specifically for BGs, I’ve ran Radiant over ele drain, but I paired it with blazing spear to guarantee the magickasteal ticks. It’s also good for fishing for Burning Light procs, the fact that your teammates can pick up the spears is just a bonus.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Anyone given something similar a go and have some tips?

Specifically for BGs, I’ve ran Radiant over ele drain, but I paired it with blazing spear to guarantee the magickasteal ticks. It’s also good for fishing for Burning Light procs, the fact that your teammates can pick up the spears is just a bonus.

Thanks, that a good idea. I’m thinking drop vampire because I won’t need the regen, meteor is pretty deadly against vampire builds. Using radiant will hopefully mean I won’t miss vampire.

Shards is a good NB cloak counter as well which my spec is missing.

Alternatively I could try it on my back bar to reduce the cost but I don’t think it’d fit. I’ve been trying to heavy/med attack to proc the weapon damage enchant with limited success. I’ve been trying to use it for a bit of sustain and before a burst combo but it’s hard to pull off. Burst hasn’t been an issue, with the way I’ve built my spec it his like a truck.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 17, 2019 11:47PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Masshypnosis
    You guys helped me a lot with magplar. I have tested different sets this weekend with different bufffood.
    Im playing at the moment this setup:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=192233
    5x buffer of the swift, 5x amberplasm, Grothdarr.
    I cant decide between infused and arcane jewellery and if 5/1/1 is the best or 5/2 heavy. Im pretty tanky and with sugar skull food I have decent stamina to break free and roll dodge. What you guys think about skills/set used.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You guys helped me a lot with magplar. I have tested different sets this weekend with different bufffood.
    I cant decide between infused and arcane jewellery and if 5/1/1 is the best or 5/2 heavy. Im pretty tanky and with sugar skull food I have decent stamina to break free and roll dodge. What you guys think about skills/set used.

I'd stick with arcane jewellery, and go 5/1/1. Whenever I've tried a different setup (outside a stamina build) I've felt the loss in health more then the gain in resistances from adding another heavy over a medium piece. I think mag are stuck with either 5/1/1 or 6/1 (6 light with 1 piece heavy).

Those all look like good sets.

One small thing, I'd try and find a place for purifying light. Not so much because it's required if you're doing small groups and BGs, but moreso because it will be required in the future. Keep doing BGs and whatnot and against experienced players the delayed damage will make a huge difference in your burst, and the game's all about burst.

The cost is so cheap and the damage is great, it's pretty easy to use too. Purifying light - toppling charge - go to town.

The two well fitted traits might be okay in no-CP as well because crit isn't too important, but if you go into CP pvp you'll feel squishy. Crit resistances are almost if not just as important as resistances in CP pvp.

P.S. - one ability you might want to try is radiant aura too. The minor stamina regen might fit in nicely with your dodge rollying magplar, give it a go I think and see what you think.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 18, 2019 4:08PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming you're new to Templar: If I was you I'd swerve Ice Staff back bar, that's something that still catches me out from time to time as a Day 1 Templar.

An inexperienced Templar on a build like that will be on the defensive a lot and you'll just tank your magicka with that staff and then yourself - Also, that backbar setup, there's literally no reason for you to have an ice staff other than a bit of weave damage (if you're aggressive, which the build suggests you're not)

Second, why have you got Camo Hunter on? Use potions if you need a detect. Camo Hunter, Radiant magelight and Flare are all terrible and you'll only catch absolute plonkers.

When it comes to jewellery enchants, Infused are worth more in NO-CP and arcane in CP.

Lastly, I much prefer Shacklebreaker over Amber Plasm and I expect if you went SNB back bar and made a few adjustments you would as well.

It's just figuring out how to get your magicka regen up, a new Templar shouldn't be running that kind of magicka regen, especially not on what I'd consider a "In the midst" build, not without big damage, which you don't have. Imo, this build is more suited for a support role, throwing shards etc.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    BNOC wrote: »

I'm assuming you're new to Templar: If I was you I'd swerve Ice Staff back bar, that's something that still catches me out from time to time as a Day 1 Templar.

An inexperienced Templar on a build like that will be on the defensive a lot and you'll just tank your magicka with that staff and then yourself - Also, that backbar setup, there's literally no reason for you to have an ice staff other than a bit of weave damage (if you're aggressive, which the build suggests you're not)

Second, why have you got Camo Hunter on? Use potions if you need a detect. Camo Hunter, Radiant magelight and Flare are all terrible and you'll only catch absolute plonkers.

When it comes to jewellery enchants, Infused are worth more in NO-CP and arcane in CP.

Lastly, I much prefer Shacklebreaker over Amber Plasm and I expect if you went SNB back bar and made a few adjustments you would as well.

It's just figuring out how to get your magicka regen up, a new Templar shouldn't be running that kind of magicka regen, especially not on what I'd consider a "In the midst" build, not without big damage, which you don't have. Imo, this build is more suited for a support role, throwing shards etc.

I believe they're using Camo Hunter for Minor Beserk. I agree though that there are other skills that may be more valuable (Reflective Light for crit + damage, even magelight for crit + max mag + regen passives + detect).
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »

I believe they're using Camo Hunter for Minor Beserk. I agree though that there are other skills that may be more valuable (Reflective Light for crit + damage, even magelight for crit + max mag + regen passives + detect).

It’s definitely for minor berserk, that ability gives you good uptime.

Ice staff isn’t bad either, it’s a playstyle. I’d much prefer an ice staff over sword and board on a mag dodge rolly build. Dodge roll is expensive so splitting which stat pool you use for defense makes sense.

Camouflage hunter is also more damage then Inner Light and you can get major prophesy on that build. I think there’s a stamina + magicka + spell crit pot is there not? It’s mainly in the CP campaign where crit is really powerful unless you use the resto Ult.

The linked build also doesn’t have the buffs checked, it has better stats then it looks.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 18, 2019 6:50PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You go frost staff backbar if you run 2h Front bar for ele drain and heavy attack magicka return, and just dont take the first passive in destro. If you are front barring destro, 1h shield for backbar.

Overall better to not drain your mag pool either way as you want to block cast ER and HTD. If you're running shackle or otherwise boosting your stam, you should figure out how to manage that rather than suck your healing pool dry. An advantage to mist is using it when low stam in place of blocking to reposition and recover
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you guys tend to block cast a lot? I’ll be honest, I almost never do.

I’ll block cast buffs or ritual but almost immediately go on the offensive. Sweeps is such a great spammable because it hits hard and heals. I’ll hold block for maybe 2 GCDs max if I’m mid engagement and my buffs need to be refreshed.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you guys tend to block cast a lot? I’ll be honest, I almost never do.

I’ll block cast buffs or ritual but almost immediately go on the offensive. Sweeps is such a great spammable because it hits hard and heals. I’ll hold block for maybe 2 GCDs max if I’m mid engagement and my buffs need to be refreshed.

Id imagine they mean block casting htd or extended, not holding block as much as possible.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question for possibly returning player: is the heavy armor meta still a thing? Do magplars typically run light armor in CP campaigns?
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    Quick question for possibly returning player: is the heavy armor meta still a thing? Do magplars typically run light armor in CP campaigns?

Light Armor 100%, Templar offense is kind of at a low point right now and you’re gonna need the extra punch from light armor to kill anyone worth killing.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Light Armor 100%, Templar offense is kind of at a low point right now and you’re gonna need the extra punch from light armor to kill anyone worth killing.

Thanks, maybe I'll stick to shield backbar and Bloodspawn for defense. Othere than BTB what set would you guys suggest for CP brawler and 1vX?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, maybe I'll stick to shield backbar and Bloodspawn for defense. Othere than BTB what set would you guys suggest for CP brawler and 1vX?

For 1vX you’ll need to be a bit tankier. I’d go spinners or New Moon on one bar and BRP resto on the back.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your mundus stones. Logged on for the first time in 5 days and it wasn't on. Haven't changed it since the start of the patch.
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,i updated a old build that I loved from murkmire named « phalanx »(link below) and I would like to have some feedbacks on the changes I made: I switched degeneration for purifying light first,I switched skoria for bs,I changed light of cyro for bos and added blessing of the potentate backbar the other skills are still the same(the ult might change on backbar)

Bloodspawn 2 piece(impen)
    Buffer of the swift: 5 piece(all impen)
    Spinners jewels(3 infused,2spell damage,1mag recovery) frontbar(lightning sharpened)
    2piece sword and board(potentate)

So here I gain about 100spell damage,100mag recovery,permanent 10%-15%damage less taken from the old build

I lose tho 500 resist,1000mag,3450 spell pen and 120spell damage(from spinner) for my devouring swarm backbar.(other stats are pretty the same from the video)
    Are the changes worth,should I change ult back bar,delete potentate to stay with spinner backbar or keep the old build or maybe something else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3nnhoh1kw
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maxdevil wrote: »
    Hello everyone,i updated a old build that I loved from murkmire named « phalanx »(link below) and I would like to have some feedbacks on the changes I made: I switched degeneration for purifying light first,I switched skoria for bs,I changed light of cyro for bos and added blessing of the potentate backbar the other skills are still the same(the ult might change on backbar)

Spinners jewels(3 infused,2spell damage,1mag recovery) frontbar(lightning sharpened)

So here I gain about 100spell damage,100mag recovery,permanent 10%-15%damage less taken from the old build

I lose tho 500 resist,1000mag,3450 spell pen and 120spell damage(from spinner) for my devouring swarm backbar.(other stats are pretty the same from the video)
    Are the changes worth,should I change ult back bar,delete potentate to stay with spinner backbar or keep the old build or maybe something else?

I used a build close to the Phalanx for the past year, and loved your video when it first came out.

I just switched to New Moon Acolyte, Will Power Jewels, 1 Piece Chudan, with trans backbar* I really like it...Yes I am squishier than I am used to running....however I play CP pvp, and my time slot that I play, a lot of people I play against are running really tanky. I have also dropped Degeneration and use Spell Pots instead. And...I have been running Crushing Shock as my time slot has a lot of Sorcs streaking away and it's nice to have a ranged spammable to weave with/interrupt..or even close range, the odd lag I am getting recently makes me get stuck in my sweeps a lot.

*Because of the 5% extra cost of spells on NWA I need the 2 item and 3 item Recovery on whatever set I back bar that leaves Trans, Alteration or Jorvulds. Some people using NWA set have said that the 5% seems like a lot more than 5 % deduction, others don't notice a difference.
    Edited by Hexquisite on November 22, 2019 3:44AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried New Moon and liked it on one bar only too, I liked it a bit better then spinners.

I run the same setup as above and notice where I suck is stam sustain. Blood spawn is about the same tankiness as a one piece armour piece I find just because the uptime isn’t great, but the stam and Ult gen are good.

My philosophy is be aggressive and control the tempo, if outnumbered mist away until I can get someone solo. Works great in BGs and small groups, but I get rocked a lot solo because I’m still learning the class. High damage I’ve found is better on Templars then other classes just because Sweeps is so strong and heals. Unless I’m Onslaughted I’ll win almost all fights in melee range.

Still haven’t figured out magsorcs 1v1. That total dark works okayish to stun before you gap close, but they’re your nemesis solo. I’ve been bursted mid air in a Toppling a couple times. In a BG they’re a non-issue but 1v1 they’re trouble.

Undecided on vampire, MagDKs I haven’t found are much of an issue because you can punch through their self healing. What gets me is meteors since it defaults to fire damage.

Anyways, hope that helps. Like everything else sets are a trade off between tankiness, healing and sustain. You can’t gain anything without losing somewhere else and it’s mostly tweaking for setting and what you like.

Bloodspawn, Buffer and spinners was the go to magblade setup the last couple of patches for BGs. Only way yours is different is potentates vs BRP resto on the back... but magblades need to worry more about self healing.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 22, 2019 5:06AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Still haven’t figured out magsorcs 1v1. That total dark works okayish to stun before you gap close, but they’re your nemesis solo. I’ve been bursted mid air in a Toppling a couple times. In a BG they’re a non-issue but 1v1 they’re trouble.

Idk how much the 1v1 changed this patch since I dont Play much PvP anymore so take this with a grain of salt, but usually I never had Trouble in a sorc 1v1, whenever I decided I didnt want to die Right now I just cleansed curse and thats a lot of burst gone.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »

I used a build close to the Phalanx for the past year, and loved your video when it first came out.

I just switched to New Moon Acolyte, Will Power Jewels, 1 Piece Chudan, with trans backbar* I really like it...Yes I am squishier than I am used to running....however I play CP pvp, and my time slot that I play, a lot of people I play against are running really tanky. I have also dropped Degeneration and use Spell Pots instead. And...I have been running Crushing Shock as my time slot has a lot of Sorcs streaking away and it's nice to have a ranged spammable to weave with/interrupt..or even close range, the odd lag I am getting recently makes me get stuck in my sweeps a lot.

*Because of the 5% extra cost of spells on NWA I need the 2 item and 3 item Recovery on whatever set I back bar that leaves Trans, Alteration or Jorvulds. Some people using NWA set have said that the 5% seems like a lot more than 5 % deduction, others don't notice a difference.

I don’t own this build tho xd,
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Idk how much the 1v1 changed this patch since I dont Play much PvP anymore so take this with a grain of salt, but usually I never had Trouble in a sorc 1v1, whenever I decided I didnt want to die Right now I just cleansed curse and thats a lot of burst gone.

Mag sorc can be tricky because of their speed as mele magplar it’s difficult to kill them but they can’t kill me either
    Mag dk fire build are the principal weakness of the build because of vampire I can’t manage the damage
    Sometimes some build with 3 damage set can kill me but it’s rare
    Pc-Na
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

I would agree 100% of the time especially for players new to magplar, but I honestly have gone for more dmg recently and immediately see a difference. I’ll admit it takes some getting use to, but I currently am running only 1100 magicka recovery and have very little sustain issues. That being said, it is only possible thru running a lightning staff, rune, elemental drain, and having good awareness. I’ll upload my build later, but currently running: NMA/transmutation (backbar) SnB/ 1 chudan/1 pirate skelly/willpower lightning staff sharpened. All arcane, all spl dmg, tristat enchants on big pieces, high elf, tristat new food, and the steed mundus cause speed kills... with the steed mundus speed+vamp drain speed+sprint or mist form = profit...add in the fact I’m pumping out sweeps tooltipping 4200 buffed with 17k pen and speed to keep ppl in my sweeps has made a huge difference in this tanky over healing meta. And transmutation in the mix also helps mitigate those darn onslaughts flying in from left field...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on November 22, 2019 1:27PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Mag sorc can be tricky because of their speed as mele magplar it’s difficult to kill them but they can’t kill me either
    Mag dk fire build are the principal weakness of the build because of vampire I can’t manage the damage

I’m likely being too aggressive and predictable. My combo goes purifying light, dot, toppling, Sweeps spam.

I saw a sorc fighting 4 people and decided to chase when she 4x streaked away. I was up on one rock and she was on another. It was a bit of back and forth but I decided to ritual right before my combo and go for it... and ate a Frag proc mid toppling.

Meteor I’m not used to seeing but have been seeing quite a bit solo. Lost to a magblade (dark cloak build) and magnecro by being predictable and they meteored and I topplinged into it.

I haven’t done much dueling and am sure others would have approached it differently and done better, I was doing it as a learning exercise. Take a resource/town solo and see who shows up.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 22, 2019 1:46PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends what you play, if you play BG's and Duel that's overkill on the defensive imo (defo is on my platform but not sure about yours)

The changes are your changes, it's totally up to you - Someone saying play this way, play that way, might just not be your style, it might not suit what you do with the build etc; Just try it and decide for yourself, especially if you ran the last build too.

I’m likely being too aggressive and predictable. My combo goes purifying light, dot, toppling, Sweeps spam.

I saw a sorc fighting 4 people and decided to chase when she 4x streaked away. I was up on one rock and she was on another. It was a bit of back and forth but I decided to ritual right before my combo and go for it... and ate a Frag proc mid toppling.

Meteor I’m not used to seeing but have been seeing quite a bit solo. Lost to a magblade (dark cloak build) and magnecro by being predictable and they meteored and I topplinged into it.

I haven’t done much dueling and am sure others would have approached it differently and done better, I was doing it as a learning exercise. Take a resource/town solo and see who shows up.

I duel a lot and find that I change my setup according to who I'm fighting - I'll always go for the standard setup (though a different order to yours so I waste less time on my PL) of - Reflective, PL, Toppling, (ult), sweeps. If that's not working against them, I change it to something like - reflective, PL, sweeps x2, toppling, ult to try stack damage before the stun. This is against all classes that aren't dying to standard setup - Often I think it's successful because they think you've missed your stun or are waiting for the same setup as before and it catches them off guard, but switching it on the fly seems to work wonders.

Duelling sorcs (on my platform) is honestly like fighting healers, most of them manage one rotation before it's cleansed and they're on the back bar spamming shields and streaking - The only time they get off of that after it started is when they have the met and they try that combo - I have been caught a couple times by met (my mistake of not seeing/reacting) but it's only a few. In BG's they can bang people quick with the burst but that seems to just be Fury as always.

The only classes I'm having trouble duelling are StamDK and Stamplar when they're played by top tier duellers (Even then, mostly when it's those same players mains) StamDk's are hitting 30k burst so it's a 1 bang and stamplars are a problem to me because if it's a player that can manage their magicka and cleanse, I don't have the burst to match Stamina heals if they do so much as a single roll.

Stam Warden are hitting good too but honestly fighting them or StamDK, I just kite - The wardens can't do much at that point and you can do things like toppling them and side stepping a couple seconds before their sub goes off - StamDk's are a bit different as their burst always comes with leap which can be cast from range but kiting seems to be the only way to be able to react to it.

Edited by BNOC on November 22, 2019 3:33PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just came back from a break and noticed most of the recent posts are mag, any of you have insight on what stamplars are running? Skills/sets/etc..