Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw an RPer offering 20K for a WW bite in The Rift last night. No takers appeared, likely because just about everyone has pulled all their skill points out of it.
    Yep, at this point you would have to pay 20K to people for them to get WW, not the other way around :joy:
    In today's ESO Werewolf is a curse indeed... :disappointed:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 17, 2019 8:28PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The heal from claws of life is absolutely too small to be worth anything in solo content. Even whem focusing max dmg and stamina on a PvE build, it still barely crits for 3.3k. That's a non crit vigor now, and vigor activates on demand without a target.

My stamplar out of wolf had access to better healing and a mere 2k less resistances, and doesn't lose weapon passives. There is zero reason for me to transform in maelstrom arena. Even fear, arguably one of the strongest things werewolf had access to, is now available to all characters with no weapon or ultimate slot required to use it.

I'm afraid other than for RP purposes I don't use werewolf when soloing nowadays. Too many drawbacks for 2k resistances (which one monster set piece fixes). That makes me sad, honestly.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on November 17, 2019 8:59PM
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    #1. Of 3 werewolves, I no longer transform any of them. I might slot the ult for sustain boost, but that's the only thing good about it. The werewolf hunters won. Werewolves are on the Tamrielic endangered species list.

#2. When I first started playing, I was dumb enough to spend crowns to get the curse. Never again.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This time I have 3 "pain points" ;) :
    1. Patch of Exile 2 - Diablo style game, coming next year and it will have shape-shift / lycanthropy werewolf gameplay. And it is free.
    2. Diablo 4 - probably also coming next year and it will also have lycanthropy werewolf gameplay.
    3. Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood - cRPG (single player), also will have werewolf as a main character, and core gameplay. Coming next year, so far looks promising.

^ So basically ZOS will have to somehow change / improve werewolf, unless they want to lose the rest of ww players.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    This time I have 3 "pain points" ;) :
    1. Patch of Exile 2 - Diablo style game, coming next year and it will have shape-shift / lycanthropy werewolf gameplay. And it is free.
    2. Diablo 4 - probably also coming next year and it will also have lycanthropy werewolf gameplay.
    3. Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood - cRPG (single player), also will have werewolf as a main character, and core gameplay. Coming next year, so far looks promising.

^ So basically ZOS will have to somehow change / improve werewolf, unless they want to lose the rest of ww players.

Diablo 4 2021
  • Katrk
    Katrk
    ✭✭✭
    It is obvious that we will never get a permanent werewolf form because that is not what is Zenimax’s vision is for the werewolf form. After months of researching Werewolves in previous elder scrolls games I think I have come with a solution to our current crisis in the werewolf community. Skyrim had it so that every corpse you consumed increased the time limit by 30 seconds. My idea for this game is it a combat team could create something very similar but slightly more suitable for multiplayer game format. I propose that they allow after the consumption of five corpses in the werewolf form it will increase the timer by three minutes we can stack up to maximum of 20 minutes of being in the form. This way in Overland players who primarily use the werewolf form as their primary source of damage can stay in it for as long as they consume the appropriate number of corpses.

I hope my suggestion can reach the right ears at Zenimax Online Studios or their class representatives and that they would hopefully take it into consideration.
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    just a quick reminder that:
    No werewolf player feels powerful anymore let alone 25% (why should cost reflect this)

light attacks and heavy attacks barely connect with any high ping such as cyro and the bleed is underperforming.

every player who still mains a werewolf feels like they are willingly operating with a handicap of damage/ utility / survivability compared to non werewolf mains.

not even using werewolf as a burst ultimate can compare to anything when you lose so much doing so.

this is getting ridiculous
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilcosu wrote: »
    just a quick reminder that:
    No werewolf player feels powerful anymore let alone 25% (why should cost reflect this)

light attacks and heavy attacks barely connect with any high ping such as cyro and the bleed is underperforming.

every player who still mains a werewolf feels like they are willingly operating with a handicap of damage/ utility / survivability compared to non werewolf mains.

not even using werewolf as a burst ultimate can compare to anything when you lose so much doing so.

this is getting ridiculous

Yep, outside of roleplay purpose werewolf doesn´t really bring anything to the table, be it PvP or PvE. Still surprised how ZOS manage to butcher WW´s to the point where they´re today......
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nowday , when I see WW in group , what I think hm ... Im gonna carry you :/

TBH , I hope they don't que lastest DLC dungeons , such as Lair of Maarselok , WW cannot provide good AOE dps .

Combat team , you destroyed WW completely , thank you .
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup. Werewolf straight up sucks now...
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    The big thing that I feel is missing from the werewolf skill line is the ability to be a "healer." I think it would really elevate the uniqueness and coolness of werewolves to be able to run in a FULL PACK without any humanoid healbots.

A magicka werewolf could function like a shaman - maybe use the Psijic skill mechanic to toggle light/heavy attacks to convert them to conal ally heals. Another idea is to give another morph of howl to serve as an ally-directed heal like the Warden's Fungal Growth - name it Soothing Breath or something.

This. I would love to play as a shaman werewolf. Maybe they could drop totems like in WoW. Also, I would love to play in werewolf form always. Players should have control over when they change forms.
  • kingsirdrmr
    kingsirdrmr
    ✭✭✭
    No werewolf player feels powerful anymore

100% agree.
    I do not think werewolf is necessarily weak, but the "but I can still do it" argument just does not hold up anymore. The cost increases are probably the worst part about the last year of ww changes. They are now so ridiculously high that you have to actually build magicka or mag cost reduction to heal more than twice in a reasonable fight. Get hit by a dps ult of any kind, that's a heal. Negating DoTs or poison weakness with troll king, another heal. More pressure from opponent's spammable or more people show up... uh... pray to Hircine?

Been playing werewolf warden ever since day 1 Morrowind expansion, and it is not meta or even BiS, but I can still kill with it. There just is no purpose that I fill as a ww. Any class can kill (stamDen is one of the best at this) so why not just go do that and save yourself the trouble, right? Without going into "here's muh balance patch what do you think", ZOS really needs to give werewolves a niche they can fill really well with substantial tradeoffs. They are way different from the other comparable skill tree (vampire) so make them so. ZOS sees this as a temporary burst ult that lets you finish, put pressure, or chase someone down, but not as the purpose-built 'mini class' that I think the hardcore ww players see themselves as. With how combat works in this game, though, finding a combat-oriented niche would be really difficult for them to balance (or was, assuming they tried while the skill tree was in development).

All of my experience comes from using them in Cyrodiil. I try to stay ww at all cost and have built around tank-busting in group fights/sieges (blood moon [savage ww during last month's elder lag online], pariah jewels/weapons, troll king).
    For the Queen! | PC/NA, Cyrodiil, IC, Quests, CP 2000+[*] Tyaminal-rabi | Khajiiti Sorceress [*] Vita-rabi | Khajiiti Warden werewolf[*] Dr Good-and-Sexy | Argonian Warden[*] the Southern Mare | Redguard Necromancer[*] Sally Two-Horns | Orsimer Nightblade
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS really needs to give werewolves a niche they can fill really well with substantial tradeoffs.

And that's exactly what they did with Wolfhunter. Made us strong, but still with limited skills available, inherent weaknesses that could be used against us, a heal outside of our natural resource pool, pressure to feed or fight to maintain form, no weapon passives available, etc.

It all fell apart when the new combat team decided to take the unique subclass and try to force it into some yet to be finalized "standards" that remove class identity and make everyone the same player, except with different particle effects. It's like taking all the pieces off the chessboard and forcing everybody to play 16 knights per side. Sounds fair on paper, but removing strategy and options just creates a boring and frustrating experience.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Haink
    Haink
    ✭✭
    Any good news as of late fellas?
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    Haink wrote: »
    Any good news as of late fellas?

afraid not. The werewolf community on the forums and in game is simply too small for any feedback we give to have a meaningful impact on the direction of any changes made from the combat team.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about that. The response of the werewolf community has been clear and unambiguous. The nerfs have gone too far.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    I don't know about that. The response of the werewolf community has been clear and unambiguous. The nerfs have gone too far.

Unless ZOS reverts werewolf to how they were in Elsweyr patch they're never going to viable for PvP. And when I mean viable I'm not taking about zerg surfing with 20 others, but werewolf as solo spec, or in a small/medium sized group (maximum of 6 players). How they perform in 1v1/duels are irrelevant since duels shouldn't be used to balance PvP (same for sub 50 BG's and low mmr BG's).

* Reduce the cost of the heal significantly
    * Amplify their damage significantly so that werewolfs actually becomes dangerous.
    Edited by Qbiken on January 11, 2020 2:05PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The werewolf community on the forums and in game is simply too small for any feedback we give to have a meaningful impact on the direction of any changes made from the combat team.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a werewolf in game. ZOS has basically made them extinct. I haven't slotted the ultimate in months, after playing their new "standardized" version and finding it utterly disappointing.

• Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup. Werewolf sucks.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like we were left alone in the dust again... :cry::disappointed:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 16, 2020 11:12PM
  • Ishkaral
    Ishkaral
    ✭✭
    As the one who still playing Werewolf as main, I feels sad and really disappointed when saw the live give nothing about werewolf buffing or making us better after the big nerfs last year.
    I wish there will be the day that Werewolf can come back to shine again and get more game mechanics support and such. :'(
    Angriest angry werewolf of all those exist in the world.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they will do something with the Skyrim's fighter's guild being composed out of WW. Some mechanics do manage the vampire population(buff to damage vs vemps or something).
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they will do something with the Skyrim's fighter's guild being composed out of WW. Some mechanics do manage the vampire population(buff to damage vs vemps or something).
    Or maybe they could have them out begging in the streets, since they can't kill anything as WW and lost their income stream.
  • Collectivezen
    Collectivezen
    ✭✭
    Any chance for a werebear skill since we're off to Skyrim next?
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They put the logo of their new chapter as a wolf with fangs

how stupid
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    werewolf is still broken and they ignore the comments in this thread.
    its literally just a section for them to make less clutter, they dont give a *** what is in this thread.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw the Vampire video on youtube and thought I'd come check to see if werewolf has been fixed yet. Seems like it hasn't... wow... I'm shocked. Thought for sure they'd pull through for us this time after all these years of begging.

Man, sarcasm really doesn't translate well in text.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    werewolf is still broken and they ignore the comments in this thread.
    its literally just a section for them to make less clutter, they dont give a *** what is in this thread.

They have a "vision", and it doesn't have to make sense or please the players. It was nice when we were balanced with Wolfhunter, but now we just have to adhere to some damage standard that's applied across the board to all playstyles.... even though werewolf has restrictions and vulnerabilities that no other class has. And as long as they are trying to make everyone's damage output equal, we will always be subpar because of our weaknesses.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH i havent even touched the game in months because of how dissapointed i am with the devs

i played this game 5 hours a day minimum since beta up until elsweyr, because of how idiotic the dev's choices were regarding balance. they also havent really touched pvp content since uh... battlegrounds dropped? that was something new to do, but even still the combat then wasnt balanced by any means or fluent. as a nightblade it became impossible to land a stun on someone out of stealth. the ability wouldnt go off, or there would be some sort of excuse for an error "you can not do that right now" in mid combat..

werewolf is ***
    the combat outside of werewolf is ***
    the pve quests all feel like errand running with a story attached.
    I have soo many legitimate reasons to truly hate the devs. i really loved this game, and now its soo hard for me to find that emotion when i play. its soo frustrating to play now.
    i dont think im alone with that feeling.

nothing lasts, something life will relentlessly tease you with i suppose.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch the live stream on Twitch (Interview with Rich Lambert on Bethesda_DE)....
    They just confirmed that WW (all of it, ult & skills) will have a bounty penalty (just like some necro skills).

I guess they don't even want WW to be viable for RP... like wtf... :(

Of course they also said that vamp will have this bounty penalty too... but only on some of the skills. I guess pale vampire walking through town is somehow "ok" in Tamriel.

Edit: link to stream and time when it is addressed:

01:09:40 - 01:10:24
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 21, 2020 8:23PM