The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I offer 20k crowns for class change

• Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Nobody really needs class change. You can level to 50 in a day.

What we DO need is account wide Undaunted, Alliance Rank and horse training!

Horse training will never be account wide as training is available in the cash shop.

Alliance rank will never be account wide and the reason here should be extremely obvious.

For the good news

Very likely Undaunted will soon be an unlockable account wide if you have completed it on at least one character. It will be a crown store unlock. Zos said the sky shards unlocks being added to the crown store are a test and the guilds would probably be next.

I don't see Undaunted becoming account wide for the same reason as I don't see any other skill tree being account-wide.

It's a good skill tree, yeah. So is Vampire, Psijic Order, Fighters' Guild, Mages' Guild, etc.

People generally figure out the most painless methods for leveling highly desirable skill lines. If I am playing Stamplar, I will want my Dawnbreaker, so I typically spend 1-50 riding the Dolmen train and rapidly upgrading Fighter's Guild. It's about six hours if you know what you're doing, and you get your Dawnbreaker. Same as that, if I want Undaunted Mettle and Undaunted Command, I ask some guildies for party and off we go.

Most gameplay-affecting things do not make it into the Crown Store. The three notable exceptions are Imperial upgrade, Any-Race-Any-Alliance, and extra character slots. Those are all very old offerings, and I hope it stays that way so this game isn't pay-to-win.

Now, it may happen that what you describe will happen -- but I hope it won't. The single best thing about this game is most of the paid incentives are cosmetic. I am worried a lot of the gamers will lose faith and leave if this changes.
    Edited by Quantact on April 8, 2019 6:11PM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d pay 20k crowns for this or a alliance change
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantact wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Nobody really needs class change. You can level to 50 in a day.

What we DO need is account wide Undaunted, Alliance Rank and horse training!

Horse training will never be account wide as training is available in the cash shop.

Alliance rank will never be account wide and the reason here should be extremely obvious.

For the good news

Very likely Undaunted will soon be an unlockable account wide if you have completed it on at least one character. It will be a crown store unlock. Zos said the sky shards unlocks being added to the crown store are a test and the guilds would probably be next.

I don't see Undaunted becoming account wide for the same reason as I don't see any other skill tree being account-wide.

I did not suggest Undaunted will become account wide. I merely suggested that once we max undaunted on one character we will soon be able to pay for it to be unlocked via the crown store.

The sky shard part Zos is adding to the crown store in U22 is a test, the first step. It is very logical to think Zos would do sky shards if that works well they will add guild lines.
    Edited by idk on April 8, 2019 6:53PM
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    No thanks.

What next, levels in the crown store?

Wow, such logic and argumentative capabilities: fascinating...
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I offer you a no.

Instead of "offering" something why don't you borrow some decency?
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Why not start new character

Because it is pointless if you are not willing to farm again.
    Also think about my point of view: i levelled up 16 characters, all at max lvl (forced to delete one). So now ihave no more space and there is no way i nullify hours of hardwork just bc some ppl in this focum are short sighted.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Why not start new character

Because it is pointless if you are not willing to farm again.
    Also think about my point of view: i levelled up 16 characters, all at max lvl (forced to delete one). So now ihave no more space and there is no way i nullify hours of hardwork just bc some ppl in this focum are short sighted.

If you have 16 levelled characters then why would you need a class change token?
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ppl here have some serious mentai issues.

1) One should not be forced to level up a new character if he is not willing to.
    2) The "everyone would turn into sorcs" is all but a point: according to your "arguments" one could simply roll a new char and make it sorc.
    3) Time is the basic coin for evrything: providing a way to spare it is mandatory
    4) You are totally not calculating the fact that there are people here that actually reached the maximum number of characters allowed because lvevelling has become much simpler than it used to be back in 2014.

I see no argument to not add this to the game.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1) One should not be forced to level up a new character if he is not willing to.
    2) The "everyone would turn into sorcs" is all but a point: according to your "arguments" one could simply roll a new char and make it sorc.
    3) Time is the basic coin for evrything: providing a way to spare it is mandatory
    4) You are totally not calculating the fact that there are people here that actually reached the maximum number of characters allowed because lvevelling has become much simpler than it used to be back in 2014.

Your argument I'll give you one Zos said No so I dont know how many times people need to be reminded of this
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

Your argument I'll give you one Zos said No so I dont know how many times people need to be reminded of this

Showing elasticity is a sign of wisdom, so the fact that they once said no should not prevent them to reconsider the position as the time and the situation change.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Showing elasticity is a sign of wisdom, so the fact that they once said no should not prevent them to reconsider the position as the time and the situation change.

Well good luck on that front maybe in 2021 they might look at it but at this given time it's not something that they are looking at or even thinking about
  • Peritye
    Peritye
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to change my main to a warden. Please just give us a class change per account for free. Literally everyone gets one and only one class change so they can change their main. and no way to ever get a new one. Good idea?
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

@Tandor 20k is obscene, but its not like giving free character for money, its changing a character like its race. I'm wondering are you against race changeing tokens? If not its hard to argue against class change, it will be one less of a specific class and one more of another specific class. Plus that character will need to level up the class skill lines.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    No thanks.

dont give them ideas, im waiting for them to release store only none combat pets that fetch loot for you or some other ***.

but we could have pets who farm resources,like Diablo 3( they gather money mobs drop)
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offer 50k crowns to not allow class changes.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's next? Buy Skill Points on Crown Store, have everything on your character unlocked, from the beautiful Fighters Guild Skill until the useless Soul Magic Skills. Just 3 kidneys ZOS don't responsibility for the other 2
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    No thanks.

Wouldnt mind paying 50k fully leveled character.

Gold that is?
  • silentxotech
    silentxotech
    ✭✭
    Perhaps if the concern is immediately switching a high leveled toon to necromancer, or to another class rather than experiencing it from the very start of level 1, an implementation of prerequisite. (Of course all hypothetical ^^)

In order to class change, the player would already have to have a level 50 toon of that class in their character roster, otherwise the class would be gray-ed out on the customization menus. Dunno if this was already considered or is any way viable but worth a suggest?

And for those who posted about this being the equivalent to buying levels nonsense, is this different from the race change token? I think not! It's convenient to save all that achievement and quest progress
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Lol its so easy to level, especially with eso plus
  • silentxotech
    silentxotech
    ✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    What's next? Buy Skill Points on Crown Store, have everything on your character unlocked, from the beautiful Fighters Guild Skill until the useless Soul Magic Skills. Just 3 kidneys ZOS don't responsibility for the other 2

Funny enough you can buy skill points on the crown store... Unless that was your whole point...
    Edited by silentxotech on November 18, 2019 3:44PM
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    No. Don't. Just, just don't. No more change tokens, for the sake of Y'ffre.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less sounds better. With maybe a 1 time only arrangement
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't spend that much on either but I would much rather have faction change over class change. My personal opinion as I have multiple characters of each class and switch between them depending on what I feel like playing, and even within class we have the option to overhaul and focus on stam vs. magicka, tank vs. heal vs. DPS, and race change if things get boring.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bid 40k crowns.