The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did battlegrounds all weekend long. My MMR is so screwed right now. Think I win maybe 1out of 5 matches. And they all take the whole 15 minutes. Need to start a new toon to get back to some potato squishing. Feel like a winner.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Need to start a new toon to get back to some potato squishing. Feel like a winner.

no doubt :p

yeah, coming in 3rd is not a good feeling at all...

except for my one crafter, finally got all my EU toons to level 50 (i'm at cp 21 right now)...i'm going to leave my crafter at level 49 for a while - deconstructing/extracting from the other higher level toons is helping to level his crafting faster...

so, tonight I should get my first exposure to the vet battleground situation there in EU land...

i'm curious to see exactly how many champion points I'll get for completing the random daily (plus enlightenment)...

although i'm falling asleep by then - I can usually get a match after midnight my time...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 3, 2019 9:14PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got my first taste of vet battlegrounds on the EU server...still wearing level 35 and 40 gear...

as luck would have it - of the three matches i played (two on my magplar, one on my magblade), two were Deathmatches...man, did i get sliced and diced - it was a very humbling experience...i don't know - i mean i've gotten pretty darn good at positioning myself during fights - but, this is going to be an all together different challenge...

hopefully they'll be a whole bunch of capture the flag type modes in my immediate future...

i am kind of curious to see how my mag sorc will react though...

thankfully i queued for battlegrounds while in kaalgrontiid, so i didn't feel like a total loser the whole night...i barely noticed my crappy gear in cyro...

as it turns out - looks like i can level about 10 or so champion points per random daily match (placing either first or second)...i'm at cp 52 now - so, i'm figuring about another 10 matches or so and i should hit cp 160 - hallelujah :'(

very cool to see DC staying strong on the EU kaalgrontiid map...up until the last campaign we've been getting our butts kicked for the last year...

oh yeah - despite saying i would never do it again - i joined a couple of pvp guilds on the EU server...i'm actually down to just 2 guilds on the NA server - my very first guild: traders refuge, and, the purple gang...i haven't listed anything for sale in about 5 or 6 months...my inventory (bank, chests, toons) is an absolute mess on the NA server...

i joined the daggerfall defense league (my very first blue pvp guild), and also red zerglings...

not so sure i'll be able to stick in the red pvp guild once they change up the maps to have a non faction lock, 30 day cp campaign...i'm probably gonna need to move my yellow necro mag in to that campaign (along with my red necro stam), which - i'm guessing is where the red zerglings will call home...

man, just had a flashback to all those pvp guilds i've been kicked from in the past (5 or 6 different ones at least)...

despite playing mostly solo, and, telling myself i wouldn't join any more pvp guilds - i'm a sucker for joining once i get a chance to group up with some cool folks and join in on voice chat...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 4, 2019 6:21PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    up to cp 119...unfortunately though I've run out of enlightenment...only getting 2 or 3 cp levels per random daily...

it's funny - a week or so ago I averaged 3k points plus per match...I can barely score a thousand now...

seems about 80% of the random mode matches are deathmatches...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hopped in to check out the golden and then hung around for a little while. Gets me every time. DC was kicking but last night. Epic battles. Goon squads.

Legendary lag. It’s so bad. My son is watching over my shoulder. He asks how I can even play this Garbo? I dont know? It just is what it is. I’ve no confidence they could ever fix it. There’s green circles that I thaught were good, but will kill ya. Red circles that just kind of tickle. Some nuke. There’s not even cool effects to see. It’s so lame.

If they could make it at least look cool, it might be redeeming.

There’s no way anyone in they’re right mind would want to try this out as a game. It looks so bad. We’re already hooked. And look past it.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I would not recommend this game at all. But keep playing it myself. Lol.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it's fine for casual gaming, but, yeah, for anything competitive in regards to team raids or pvp - not so great...

although, like kyle mentioned (it's so wierd calling you kyle cuz I know that's not your name :) ) - at this point we've become blind/numb to all the different performance issues...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD totally wins the night capping trophy for last night.
    Congrats!
  • viny1200
    viny1200
    ✭✭
    AD totally wins the night capping trophy for last night.
    Congrats!

That map was beautiful! :) FTQ!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope everyone is having fun (glitches, bugs and combat changes aside :p )...

the best laid scheme of mice and men oft go astray

so turns out I only get 400 xp a day affected by enlightenment (worth 4 champion points) - it's gonna be a long slow crawl to the cp 160 finish line...at cp 135 now

good news is - I only have to really bring my mag sorc in to battlegrounds once a day...so, I don't have to worry to much about getting really abused on my other toons...

the rest of the time I've been getting my summerset/arteum home together...finally have the merchant and banker on my EU account...so happy not to have to buy tythis again, although the cat has a pretty annoying voice :#

those elsewyr rewards were outstanding - 3 attunable (shacklebreaker most likely) crafting stations definitely made my day...

probably gonna re-spec my crafter just to crafting...I haven't really done much skyshard hunting on any of my toons in EU...never thought I'd need a crafting only toon...hopefully in another couple of months I can max out my armor/weapon crafting...

so, so nice to step in to cyrodiil with some champion points behind me...no doubt I'll be picking some 1v1 fights as my cp fills out just to test things out...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 11, 2019 12:34AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey there everyone - I hope all is well...

finally got folks suited up on some of that big kid gear...actually hit 160 last saturday...spent the week and about 300k gold getting 6 out of the 7 characters set up...

without further ado:
    magplar: earthgore, steadfast hero, spell strategist...desro/resto
    - purifying light, breath of life, flame reach, ritual of retribution, radiant oppression
    - channeled focus, combat prayer, puncturing sweep, ritual of retribution, vampire's bane and practiced incantarion

magblade: grothdarr, spinners, spell strategist...destro/resto
    - swallow soul, sap essence, concealed weapon, shadowy disguise, lotus fan/destructive reach and thunder storm
    - mass hysteria, sap essence, impale, mirage, combat prayer and soul tether

magsorc: maw of the infernal, necropotence, crafty alfiq...destro/resto
    - crystal blast, twilight matriarch, haunting curse, streak, shock reach and charged atronach (still only level 48 in destro staff)
    - crystal blast, twilight matriarch, boundless storm, combat prayer and charged atronach/panacea

stam warden: velidreth, battlefield acrobat, spriggans...dual wield/bow
    - bull netch, enchanted growth, whirling blades, ice fortress, subterranean assault and permafrost
    - bull netch, resolving vigor, poison injection, shimmering shield, lethal arrow and healing thicket

necro mag: troll king, steadfast hero, undertaker...destro/resto
    - soul splitting trap, renewing undeath, frost reach, summoner's armor, skeletal arcanist and glacial colossus
    - soul splitting trap, renewing undeath, combat prayer, summoner's armor, skeletal arcanist and ravenous goliath.

necro stam: velidreth, unfathomable darkness, cyrodiil's ward...SnB/bow
    - power bash, renewing undeath, ruinous scythe, beckoning armor, heroic slash and pummeling goliath
    - skeletal archer, resolving vigor, poison injection, beckoning armor, lethal arrow and pestilent colossus

everyone is wearing at least two heavy pieces - I love the golden ;)

kept the gear real simple and the same for everyone: large pieces infused, 2 small impenetrable, 2 small divines

everyone's crit resist is at 1014...that'll have to do until I gather more cp...

armor glyphs are mostly either mag or stam with a little health as needed

weapon glyphs are mostly increase damage, with a few exceptions...

jewelry is all weapon/spell power - except for my necro stam whom likes to bash folks :)

my attributes are still a bit split on most...

their mundus' are all weapon/spell power, their drinks either witchmother's or dubious...

I don't know - about a year and half, maybe two years ago, I just got tired of chasing gear...I was thinking of doing some grinding for specific sets and ended up just saying: forget that...

i still have my stam dk to do...gonna leave him at 49 until he levels crafting...he's at around 45 in gear and armor, but, still only around 35 in glyphs and jewelry...

most likely his set up will be: bloodspawn, plague doctor, battalion defender...SnB/2H

whoa, that's a lot of words I wrote :p

if anyone has any suggestions or questions, let me know...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 19, 2019 10:35PM
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    checking in to eso pvp like every other week bcs I miss some of my friends. I really don t miss random loadscreens, the laaaaaaag or the disconnects. what i like is my magsorc bcs it s really strong atm as a dotbuild.
    @geonsocal I prefer to play destro/destro w 2 different monster sets for resistence. And are u rly playing w/o a shield?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @sabina175 ...

yeah, I'm looking forward to some of these performance "upgrades" to hit the ps4...

once upon a time I actually did go with a SnB sorc...it's been a while...

these days I'm hopelessly behind the meta :)

I just got to the point where I have so many (17 and counting now) that my setups are probably far from ideal and pretty simplistic...

I just like to fight...I've kind of accepted there's at least a good 10 to 15% of the player base that'll kick my butt even on one of my 10 max cp toons..

I figure as long as I have decent gear and a fair understanding of game mechanics and rotations I can still play and have a good time...

it's funny, I used to absolutely hate using a resto staff, now most of my mag characters carry one...

I never really played for the social aspect of the game, but, that's cool you have some in game friends that you can chill and play with...

every once in a blue moon I'll group and actually mic up - I almost always have a blast when I do so...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey George. I get caught up in some weekend Cyrodil fights for a minute but spend most pvp time in BG’s. Just spent and arm and a leg on some Impen crafty alfiq. I find it to be meh.😐

I had been using impregnable / Winterborn/ skoria. Read that investing much into Impen isn’t so great in no CP so figured I’d tried something different. Not sure which way to go.

I like Winterborn for a little damage and utility.

Impregnable is pretty freaking good I think. Maybe I could get it in divines and get more from the mundus? With Impen my Crit resist is well over 3k

Wizards repost was pretty decent as well. I think it was overkill with impregnable.

Think I need to go back and get a set of spinners. Have to sell a kidney or two for that now.

Maybe it’s just the warden class in general. It’s decent, but needs something to really push it over the edge. Some kind of Execute would help maybe.

I really dig the BG’s. A random grab game is ok, but they kind of overrun with these super tanky troll builds that couldn’t beat their way out of a wet paper bag, but take a full team to take one down. I’ll take deathmatch any day of the week if I can. As I get better, even these often take the full 15 minutes run.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kylewwefan ...ugh, at work now - but, wanna go home and tweak some of my builds on the NA server...

I have my mag sorc in: ilambris, netches touch, thunderbug (5 light/2 heavy)...and, I got ate up in imperial city going 1v1 with folks...

thinking of going full glass cannon and just using spinners, mothers sorrow and either infernal guardian or grothdarr (7 light)...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played for a couple of hours yesterday and earned maybe 4k AP - but, had a blast though...

at the time there was barely anyone online and a handful of EP players were painting the map red and taking scrolls...

just spent time trying to defend the last three DC home keeps and scrolls with one or two other players...lost cause, but, still fun anyway...

I don't really mind losing fights, I just mind not having anyone to fight against :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sitting at around 220 cp... cyro is soooooooo much more enjoyable now.. starting to raise up all my resistances and burst heals...

set combos have worked nicely in cyro..it's actually helped inspire me to start changing some of my toons sets over on the na server...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    excited to get back to the NA server once they open up the 30 day, cp enabled, no faction lock map...

I'll leave my blue guys (magblade, stamplar, stam dk, and stam warden) in Kaal - resting...finally will get to bring my red and yellow guys in to a populated map - maybe even more bars :)
    Edited by geonsocal on November 5, 2019 4:10AM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    So who has been winning these past few months? Has it been balanced or is there one dominant faction? I hope everyone is doing well.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sat in a 57 que position on Tuesday night. Ran 2 BG’s then swapped toons for something else. Looks like red blue yellow for this campaign Ballcap. But your faithful yellow scum may try to change that.

I’ve good reason to be upset with them.

Over the weekend Every red keep we took had a yellow goon bomb squad come in and try to steal it right from under us. These daring swine were successful on a few of these pulls. My blood boils just thinking about it now.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't stay connected this patch. Most keep fights I lag out or have tennload screens. Bg q doesn't work. Fun times.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having to spend 100k AP each on all 4 of my NA DC characters to move them out of kaal...

can't bring my EP guys in until I do so...the DC guys haven't been in cyrodiil for months, but, they're still assigned to that map...

thought I could have fun with my EP and AD characters in the new map that doesn't have the faction lock in place...the map has been pretty empty though...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had an interesting occurance today - actually had to run/streak all the way from the glade farm to ft. ash...just stuck in combat, for a really long time...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other day, yellows would come behind us and steal the keep. Yesterday we got to do it to them. It was glorious.
    geonsocal wrote: »
    had an interesting occurance today - actually had to run/streak all the way from the glade farm to ft. ash...just stuck in combat, for a really long time...

And if you were part of that red excursion holding up glade I don’t feel sorry for you. Streaking to ash. That’s funny! There was some bowtard holding glade lumbermill hostage for a time. I couldn’t do nothing til we got half the server on him.

I had 2 blue screens and about half dozen endless load screens before giving Cyrodil a rest. Hope they fix it soon.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back in NA kaal...so nice to play on max cp characters...I still lose fights, but, at least it requires much less effort to do so :)

holy cow have I been doing a bunch of running between keeps...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow now I know ESO PVP is dying no posts in this thread for 10 days!
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 28, 2019 1:59PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow now I know ESO PVP is dying no posts in this thread for 10 days!

I think you're right tequila...

I'm still out there playing on both servers, but, i know I'm one of a ever smaller number of folks still hooked on eso pvp...

that new unlocked faction map they opened has been pretty empty everytime I've checked it out...

who knows what cyrodiil will be like a year from now...

on a happier note though - happy Thanksgiving to all you folks lucky enough to enjoy the holiday...

visiting with dear 'ol mom for a few days...mom's starting to climb up there in the years, but, she still makes one heck of a thanksgiving dinner...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up Elsweyr on sale recently. Sven Drago the Nord Necromancer made a brief foray into Mulanmiir for the Pact.

Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away, the lights dimmed and the room grew chill inside Ravenhurst Manor. General Talion the Mighty threw another log on the fire and shivered. The curtains blew and the wind seemed to whisper “Beware the rise of Drago...”
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol i have been rising lately......
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA