The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

IT'S NOT SOBER TO DEFEND THE STUDIO ANYMORE

oxxalejandroxxo
oxxalejandroxxo
✭✭✭✭
[snip] The current performance of ESO is more horrendous than horrendous! Tons of bugs are still out there, severe lag is getting worse in Cyrodiil and is spreading to PVE, notably Maelstorm Arena, and there are random server crashes. However, ,money was spent on a lot of advertisements including a video ad which is, well to say the least, not very impressive. We were promised tons of "improvements" before the TD, and I know a lot of players bought their promises and spent a lot more money at the TD launch. You have to take a few shots to really say things are still acceptable in this game. My girlfriend watched me playing this game the day after the TD launch, and she said "WOW, after 2 years this game still feels like BETA"......

Moderator edit - post edited to remove political references
Edited by ZOS_MollyH on March 28, 2016 2:24PM
  • JadeNaria
    JadeNaria
    ✭✭✭
    Your title is definitive. It is absolutely correct.

There are few things that irk me in life and one of those is when something does not obviously make sense but someone thinks it does. I refer to people who say anything contrary to the poor performance of the game as of late.
    Edited by JadeNaria on March 28, 2016 10:04PM
    Trueflame or Haderus NA PC AD
    Talia Shade VR10 Stamina Nightblade
    Divinity Day VR16 Magicka Sorc
    Amaria Day VR16 Magicka DK
    Kali Day Level 28 Magicka Templar - Playing the most now
    Oblivion's Orphans Trading Guild - GM
    Mizery Records Raiding Guild- Member
    Resilient PVP Guild - Member

SAVE ESO PVP, WE MATTER.
    #FIXPVP

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The OP doesn't seem interested in understanding the people that don't agree with his perceptions of ZOS. A lot of us don't really care about Cyrodiil. It is something we do as a change of pace or to grind out skill unlocks. The majority of what we spend time on works fine.

People shouldn't delude themselves into thinking their experience is everyone's experience. You are exasperated with the game. I am quite satisfied with the game. It isn't about defending ZOS. It is about how we all feel about the game.

My main complaint is the unending skill rebalancing. I would like to see that stop. I don't ask them to stop it because I understand that they want to be responsive to (unending) complaints from PvP players about Cyrodiil balance. I'm not going to start a thread pretending that everyone should complain about skill rebalancing and everyone should tell ZOS to leave skill alone because I understand that there are other people with different opinions.

Does Cyrodiil have perfomance issues. Sure. I experienced some when I played this week, though it was improved from 2 months ago. Is that a big deal for me? Not at all. Cyrodiil is a minor activity for me. I was just there to unlock skills. So long as they keep putting out DLC and keep having periodic sales of 5500 crowns for $24, I'll be fine with the game.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you got the fanbois acting like there wouldn't be balance issues if their wasn't any PvP. Still gotta keep the classes in line.

Then they refuse to acknowledge that PvE is now lagging. In shadowfen, spiking to 400-999 latency with all of 10 people in the zone. Blah blah blah it's my hardware right. I'll start sending my traceroutes to all the white knights.

Their constant server issues too, likely being hit with DDOS attacks, but won't acknowledge that.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just leave, normally not many games could take this but ES IP has the muscle to push it through.
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    The OP doesn't seem interested in understanding the people that don't agree with his perceptions of ZOS. A lot of us don't really care about Cyrodiil. It is something we do as a change of pace or to grind out skill unlocks. The majority of what we spend time on works fine.

People shouldn't delude themselves into thinking their experience is everyone's experience. You are exasperated with the game. I am quite satisfied with the game. It isn't about defending ZOS. It is about how we all feel about the game.

My main complaint is the unending skill rebalancing. I would like to see that stop. I don't ask them to stop it because I understand that they want to be responsive to (unending) complaints from PvP players about Cyrodiil balance. I'm not going to start a thread pretending that everyone should complain about skill rebalancing and everyone should tell ZOS to leave skill alone because I understand that there are other people with different opinions.

Does Cyrodiil have perfomance issues. Sure. I experienced some when I played this week, though it was improved from 2 months ago. Is that a big deal for me? Not at all. Cyrodiil is a minor activity for me. I was just there to unlock skills. So long as they keep putting out DLC and keep having periodic sales of 5500 crowns for $24, I'll be fine with the game.

Some? Hah, no. Improved from 2 months ago? Stop. Those of us who go into Cyrodiil on a daily basis know this is complete bull. Frames have been HORRIBLE. Lag has been UNBEARABLE. ZERGs have gotten out of control. The waves of prox dets are a damn joke now. Do not sit there and post that ZOS should completely ignore PvP just because a lot of the PvE players don't go in there. You know how bad that makes the company look? That they only focus on PvE performance because it's profitable while PvP is not? Side note: The lag outside of Cyrodiil has also gotten bad since the TG update as well. They must be suffering in terms of budget somewhere.

Business is business, sure, but you're throwing a portion of your player base simply because they don't give you profit. If only we could go back to the glory days where gaming companies gave a crap about their players, but instead we have corporate greed shadowing over.
    Edited by Ampnode on March 28, 2016 6:37AM
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! A topic about drinks.

Pass me some of that Jim Beam

5VtCMai.gif

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give this people time to fix the game instead of do the crybaby every time that something happens.

I'm always drunk btw
    Signature

• Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much more time than two years should we give them?
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    PvE > Content is great, only miss here is not scaling the old trials. (apart from that balance is broken Magicka>Stam)
    PvP > Oh boy, better do not get me started
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give this people time to fix the game instead of do the crybaby every time that something happens.

I'm always drunk btw

Guess what, they have been saying they are fixing everything for 2 freaking years!!! And finally, they succeeded in screwing up the screw-up.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that while you complain freely on the forum provided to you, the Developer's studio is probably in a frantic rush to deal with the workload.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the OP may be correct in his observations from a PvP perspective (I wouldn't know, although I'm aware from the forums that Cyrdodiil is still very popular among PvPers), he's completely wrong from a PvE perspective. Putting the title all in caps and then ridiculing those who hold a different view doesn't make that view right. The OP could have got his point across more effectively with a more mature approach to it in my view.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My girlfriend watched me playing this game the day after the TD launch, and she said "WOW, after 2 years this game still feels like BETA"......

Wow my wife don't even let me play 4 hours in the week, she gets very angry... I envy you with all my heart...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    My girlfriend watched me playing this game the day after the TD launch, and she said "WOW, after 2 years this game still feels like BETA"......

Wow my wife don't even let me play 4 hours in the week, she gets very angry... I envy you with all my heart...

I was going to make a remark that you mentioned having a girlfriend and a wife. But then I realized the girlfriend part was meant to be a quote.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »

Send her on an anger management course, and you can play while she's there plus a lot more after she's completed the course. Win/win :smiley: !
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current state of the game in Cyrodiil is pathetic. PvP gets worse and worse. ZOS has had two years to improve Cyrodiil's game performance issues and have done nothing. Instead they just create more issues with every new update or dlc.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much normal for on line MMos. Been playing for 15 years plus and have seen it all, if these kind of things bother you , then you should stick with single player games in your PS/ Xbox etc, they wont lag.

or on line games like farmville etc.

I don't think they can fix every issue for every player, its just not going to happen.
    Edited by Reevster on March 28, 2016 10:02AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    The current state of the game in Cyrodiil is pathetic. PvP gets worse and worse. ZOS has had two years to improve Cyrodiil's game performance issues and have done nothing. Instead they just create more issues with every new update or dlc.

I don't know what you're talking about with "more issues", the game was pretty fine before the update.
  • adamt88yep
    For the last 6 months I would say I'm always the first to take a neutral position when it comes to the issues. I love the game and literally enjoy every minute I get to play. I fully understand the issues and the complications Zos must have when dealing with the issues listed above. I enjoy Pve and Pvp content and would say a do a fairly even split of both so come at this from both sides.

BUT

Since the last patch, for almost 7 hours in total (cumulative) I have been unable to even login into the game, cause of the EU servers seemingly not functioning correctly. So this isn't even a moan about lag or frame rate drops, simply not even being able to play the game for hours and hours is totally screwed up.

In addition to this THE GROUP FINDER, how have they broke something they had seemed to fix??!!

Rant over.
    Edited by adamt88yep on March 28, 2016 10:23AM
    Xbox One [ EU ]
    Gamertag - Adamt88yep
    Stamina Nightblade - Dark Elf - EP
    Stamina Templar - Argonian - EP
    Magicka Sorcerer - High Elf- EP
    Magicka Templar - Breton - EP
    Magicka Dragon Knight - Dark Elf - EP
    Magicka Nighblade - Breton - EP

PC [EU]
    Adamt88yep
    Magicka Templar - Breton - DC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The servers took 1 too many nerfs to the knee
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all the over the top exaggerations and drama that people just love to bring to the forums- with these people everything is like 'the sky is falling' commentaries.

So ZOS has "promised" to fix problems for two years?!? MMO devs always work to fix problems, but since we are not privy to what is going on behind the scenes and most of us are not gaming programmers, we have absolutely no idea how complex or detailed these 'problems' entail especially with a game so massive as ESO. Also, let's be realistic, for the first few months after PC launch, ZOS was working on fixing problems with the game, after that they had to devote the majority of their developer's time working to completely redo the console version for launch. Since console launch last year, they've been working both on future content, balances AND fixes... but since ZOS doesn't have a massive development team anymore, miracles cannot happen overnight. So no, they haven't been working on fixes for two years, in fact, I'd wager they hadn't really even started until after console launch, which is when more devs were freed up to help in other areas. But let's further be realistic and say that 'promises' made when the game was launched should be balanced with the reality that sometimes what you WANT to do, does not turn out to be what you CAN do... and it wouldn't surprise me if either the game engine or developer talent don't have what it takes to turn those 'promises' into reality. Which is why players should either learn to be realistic or simply walk away, instead of expecting that ESO will become the game they were/are expecting. Accept it for what it is, feel free to mention game-breaking bugs, but stop complaining when your expectations don't match the reality of what the game can realistically offer.

Also, as far as many of the issues other players have been having... I have not had any problems with the game since TG launched and I play several times a week for at least eight to ten hours each day I play, but of course I only do PvE questing... which in that regard things have been just fine.
    Edited by ADarklore on March 28, 2016 10:54AM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]The current performance of ESO is more horrendous than horrendous! Tons of bugs are still out there, severe lag is getting worse in Cyrodiil and is spreading to PVE, notably Maelstorm Arena, and there are random server crashes. However, ,money was spent on a lot of advertisements including a video ad which is, well to say the least, not very impressive. We were promised tons of "improvements" before the TD, and I know a lot of players bought their promises and spent a lot more money at the TD launch. You have to take a few shots to really say things are still acceptable in this game. My girlfriend watched me playing this game the day after the TD launch, and she said "WOW, after 2 years this game still feels like BETA"......

1. I never get crashes
    2. 1. I dont get lag
    3. 3.I have no need to drink to play ESO.
    The things you post about are your personal gripes.Fine.But,not everyone agrees with you.I enjoyed those trailers for the game too.
    Also,if you are so upset at playing this game,why do it then?
    Just wondering.

Moderator edit - post edited to match moderated content
    Edited by ZOS_MollyH on March 28, 2016 2:27PM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get your fact straight, ZOS hasnt cared about pvp since launch when it was used to draw people to the game.

Massive siege battles with 100+ players on your screen at once! Sounds good but the 900+ latency sure ruined that party.

Every single update has been pve focussed, even IC where pvp is enabled in a mainly pve focussed zone.

You're wishing for unicorns if you think pvp will ever get fixed in this game.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree with the OP.

I experience minor lag maybe twice a week, minor, and it usually is gone in a half hour or so. Crashes and kick outs are almost non-existant and that wad not always the case. I am enjoying the game now as much as i ever have, maybe more.

So, from my PVE, Windows 10 good pc bought in the last yesr perspective the game described by the OP is fiction.

ZOS should keep up the good work, imo.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are some things that bug me, but I think they deserve a cookie for this game. PvE is excellent. Who doesn't love saving Molla and her friends in Bleakrock or reading Lifts-her-Tails exploits in the "Lusty Argonian Maid"??

PvP is quite rage inducing with the Proxy Det, Crystal Frags, wrecking blow, shield stack cheese. That has more to do with the generation of players abusing unbalanced skills/classes.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was one of the devs biggest critics when this game launched. With that I think the OP is playing a different game than I am. I am playing ESO.

As far as bugs in the game, every MMO has bugs in the game. Bugs that are never fixed. It's normal and common and ESO is on par with the industry. With the exception is the heavy lag issue in cyrodiil (which will never get fixed) this game is running pretty good.

Maybe some people have unrealistic expectations.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee @ADarklore
    I can't help but agree with the OP as a player who's played off and on when the game transitioned from P2P to B2P the performance of this game has gotten worse and worse and currently it's pathetic.

I did vMSA yesterday and I died 105 times and it took me 4 hours on my stam DK because of all the stop and go lag allowing mobs/bosses to teleport and kill me. I'll admit I was yelling and thinking about finally playing the game I purchased last week (The Division).
    It isn't good to defend this studio anymore when the lag is literally making this game close to unplayable due to TG's update yet their's no Emergency maintenance/patching for both types of platforms.
    I play XBL mainly now as that character is far more progressed but man you can't sit their with a straight face and say performance all over tamerial is excellent because if you do, you certainly must be smoking something.
    Edited by MaxwellC on March 28, 2016 12:35PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

so explain to me why it would be ok that only "Some" peoples experience is ok and "working as intended" and the other peoples experience is broken and laggy as all-get-out and why that's an OK thing.

Casual players don't complain cause what you have works; we complain because what we have doesn't.

I see two types of posts on these forums, generally from either PVPer's or PVE/RP/casuals. The ones who don't complain are the ones who spend 2 hours on this game a week in some secluded corner of the map where the server has 0 issues rendering because its you, a tree, and a mudcrab. So why would you complain? Of course theres no reason YOU would have issues. So that makes everything about this game OK? Working as intended?

So the game has an option for people who don't want to play casually...GREAT! PVP zone? Awesome!....but sorry, You will not be able to really enjoy it because whenever you want to play you will have to do it in 20 FPS or lower at a ping of 500+ with skills that are not balanced to make a fight not feel one sided and with skills that have in some cases been broken for well over a year.

When you go to work and only do half your job do you expect to get a pat on the back and an atta-boy! from the boss? I think that's a perfect reason to come here and vent and complain to ZOS that what they are doing is sub-par. Sadly, this is the only place where people can come to tell ZOS the issues, because they have not listened to the PVP community. AND THEY STILL DON'T LISTEN TO US HERE EITHER
    Edited by Morozov on March 28, 2016 12:45PM
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RE THIS
    I see two types of posts on these forums, generally from either PVPer's or PVE/RP/casuals. The ones who don't complain are the ones who spend 2 hours on this game a week in some secluded corner of the map where the server has 0 issues rendering because its you, a tree, and a mudcrab. So why would you complain? Of course theres no reason YOU would have issues. So that makes everything about this game OK? Working as intended?

WELL I spend a whole lot more than 2 hrs a week and a whole lot more place than outskirts, so your oversimplified and somewhat dismisdive characterization seems off base to m

RE THIS
    I think that's a perfect reason to come here and vent

WELL Regardless of the merits at all of public venting, I wonder why the urge to go to GENERAL where you know a lot of those folks you dismissed, the 2hr exiles, are instead of to the whole forum PVP section. Venting to like minded floks who have shared experiences seems a lot more productive than repeatably doing it in a crowd of folks with different views. The lines between venting and inflicting, between release and agenda lay in there somewhere. Not sure where you fall.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such rage. Much neck beard. Seriously peeps. It's a form of entertainment. If you're not entertained, move along.