The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch Notes v2.3.5 [undocumented changes]

NerfPlease
NerfPlease
✭✭✭
  • You can now Travel to other players from guild roster/friend list from Outlaw Refuges
  • The uptime on certain Mementos has been increased to be a few seconds short of their cooldown, making them functionally useful in some cases -- for example, Almalexia's Lantern is now actually useful as a lantern, with about 3 seconds of darkness from cooldown (down from 15 seconds). A welcome change, since Magelight is no longer useful as a light source in dark, creepy dungeons.
  • the base non-sprint, non-buffed run speed has been lowered by some amount. At least in Cyrodiil.
    The only things that were supposedly changed according to the patch notes was -10% Major Expidition, +10% sprint speed, this is separate from those.
  • I think they changed the usual jump animation. If you jump and move forward, you will barely move. You used to land a few meters ahead.
  • Higher rate of AP gains in Cyrodiil, from regular PvP activities (e.g. keep/outpost captures), and from repairing keep walls (now at a similar rate to repairing doors)
  • If you have crafting maxed and you are in a scaled zone (Wrothgar, Hews Bane), then resource nodes seem to only have the highest level mats (e.g. Ancestor silk), rather than being one level lower (e.g. voidbloom) much of the time.
  • Enchants glyphs found in scaled group dungeon instances now drop at your level, e.g. vr16, rather than being maxed at vr15 previously. Hirelings can also crit and provide Itade (possibly also Repora). This means that vr16 Potency runestones are obtainable without needing Tel Var Stones.
  • Movement in general (especially on horseback) is much more "bumpy" and subject to halts and slowdowns from any minor obstacle. This is especially noticeable in Cyrodiil.
  • Champion points now require much less XP to gain. Prior to update, at cap, i needed over 900k for each new CP (and climbing). Now, it's around 680k XP needed.
  • There is no range on Rapid Manoeuvers if you're in group you get it, even if you're on the other side of the map.
  • OpenGL support for PC client dropped to toilet

will add more! if you guys know any - please post
Edited by NerfPlease on March 13, 2016 3:31AM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium sets from Cyro (and IC) chests is nothing new, I have had this since Orsinium was launched.
    PC-EU
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    I already got briarheart from chests last patch..and some other orsinium sets
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The uptime on certain Mementos has been increased to be a few seconds short of their cooldown, making them functionally useful in some cases -- for example, Almalexia's Lantern is now actually useful as a lantern, with about 3 seconds of darkness from cooldown (down from 15 seconds). A welcome change, since Magelight is no longer useful as a light source in dark, creepy dungeons.
          In verity.
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    added
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The base non-sprint, non-buffed run speed has been lowered by some amount. At least in Cyrodiil.

The only things that were supposedly changed according to the patch notes was -10% Major Expidition, +10% sprint speed, this is separate from those.
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    noticed this too
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    The base non-sprint, non-buffed run speed has been lowered by some amount. At least in Cyrodiil.

That's why the game felt so strange, interesting.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Sizaansil
    Sizaansil
    ✭✭✭
    I think they changed the usual jump animation.
    If you jump and move forward, you will barely move. You used to land a few meters ahead.

Apologies if it was in patch notes, I don't remember seeing it.
    Edited by Sizaansil on March 8, 2016 6:59AM
    Anne Lucerne - Factionless Templar - PC EU Server

"[Let us] now take you Up. We will [show] our true faces... [which eat] one another in amnesia each Age" - The Song of Pelinal, Vol. 8
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfPlease wrote: »
    • You can now Travel to other players from guild roster/friend list from Outlaw Refuges
    • Cyrodiil has like 54 treasure maps now(need confirmation)
    • The uptime on certain Mementos has been increased to be a few seconds short of their cooldown, making them functionally useful in some cases -- for example, Almalexia's Lantern is now actually useful as a lantern, with about 3 seconds of darkness from cooldown (down from 15 seconds). A welcome change, since Magelight is no longer useful as a light source in dark, creepy dungeons.
    • he base non-sprint, non-buffed run speed has been lowered by some amount. At least in Cyrodiil.
    • I think they changed the usual jump animation. If you jump and move forward, you will barely move. You used to land a few meters ahead.

good info :)
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • We finally found a fix for Toppling Charge. We moved the bug over to Crit Rush instead.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • The visual glitch on the Trinimac robe has been fixed. Awesome!
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

That's why the game felt so strange, interesting.

Yeah, even with Boundless and Streak my sorc feels slow..

Pretty good buff for stamina builds though, my NB can still sprint for days.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    There are no dark creepy dungeons :(
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    yes, the jumping is horrible now
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping has ALWAYS been terrible. worst jump mechanics of any game I have ever played. Maybe they did the speed change so players stay longer in the Templars HOUSE !!!!
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed this as well. It's especially annoying when you're trying to get on top of a ledge or over a rock.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    • the base non-sprint, non-buffed run speed has been lowered by some amount. At least in Cyrodiil.

Glad someone else is experiencing that last one, jumping seems to have less momentum than before and feels much more rigid. This new jumping issue combined with the "slow fall" bug when landing on slanted surfaces is very frustrating.

First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    well, any words why run speen was reduced?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Higher rate of AP gains in Cyrodiil, from regular PvP activities (e.g. keep/outpost captures), and from repairing keep walls (now at a similar rate to repairing doors). Update: as per this thread forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2769696, ZoS have confirmed that this is an INTENTIONAL change, resulting from higher AP points from "players".
    • If you have crafting maxed and you are in a scaled zone (Wrothgar, Hews Bane), then resource nodes seem to only have the highest level mats (e.g. Ancestor silk), rather than being one level lower (e.g. voidbloom) much of the time.
    • Enchants glyphs found in scaled group dungeon instances now drop at your level, e.g. vr16, rather than being maxed at vr15 previously. Hirelings can also crit and provide Itade (possibly also Repora). This means that vr16 Potency runestones are obtainable without needing Tel Var Stones.
    • Movement in general (especially on horseback) is much more "bumpy" and subject to halts and slowdowns from any minor obstacle. This is especially noticeable in Cyrodiil.
    • (Possible bug or just my perception): Hasty Maneuvers/Retreat ("rapids") does not seem to provide any noticeable speed increase when mounted.
    • Champion points now require much less XP to gain. Prior to update, at cap, i needed over 900k for each new CP (and climbing). Now, it's around 680k XP needed.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on March 10, 2016 8:23PM
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭

Shhh! Don't tell them this!
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be major problems with both jumping and character/mount speed. Still waiting for a confirmation from ZOS that they are looking into a fix for this.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no range on Rapid Manoeuvers if you're in group you get it, even if you're on the other side of the map. Most definitely a bug though.
    PC EU
  • Calippe_Hac
    Calippe_Hac
    ✭✭

The topic reminds me of the older EVE online where almost everything (this is not as bad here) was undocumented. There was a general chat and everyone would try things out and start posting what was changed. That was many years ago tho. Keep up the good work. :)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no range on Rapid Manoeuvers if you're in group you get it, even if you're on the other side of the map. Most definitely a bug though.

The patch notes stated that it would now only affect 'group members', it didn't specifically say 'nearby group members'. ;)
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    Second boss of vICP
    You cannot burn him anymore he run for poison pool % healt based
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Guar mount is significantly slower than the horses and senche.

This could be related to the other new problem, which is that mounts once again get slowed down by virtually any little bump they encounter.

I suspect all of this has to do with some new code calculating player position, changed to prevent the horrible loading screens (which happen so that your character doesn't zoom off into Oblivion when the server isn't properly tracking what you're up to and you go flying through collision and underneath the world or the like).

Everything pertaining to movement is much more horrible than before. Even just the fact that my magicka characters are so, so much slower due to the Maneuvers nerf, which is the most horrible and idiotic thing that's changed in this game since launch, and they can't go sprinting around as they're magicka builds with the necessary attributes for endgame play. I hate it.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I presumed the changes to VR16 enchants dropping was to help out players who don't do PvP content in Imperial City or otherwise do the "big and heavy" stuff actually be able to make VR16 equips/enchants. I've been running VR15 gear the whole time just from sheer lack of access to the resources. In my mind, it's a change that makes the game more fair for the general public, even if that may potentially have some kind of impact on those items' economy.

I'm guessing the change was made because their internal figures showed that the larger sum of VR16 players were running a disproportionately small amount of VR16 gear.

Addendum: Remember, it's not a 100% chance you'll be able to extract the VR16 runestones. Not sure the actual extraction rate, but it's not exactly high.
    Edited by Eiagra on March 9, 2016 7:54PM
          In verity.
  • Duckbutta
    Duckbutta
    ✭✭✭
    Cons:

-Run speed has been reduced for no apparent reason

-Game will now crash if you look at it the wrong way

-Frame rates will drop when walking, jumping, using a skill, or doing anything other than standing perfectly still

-New trial will be found to be essentially unplayable

Pros:

-You get a camel mount, so enjoy!
    Daggerfall Covenant [NA/PC] - Requiem | Elder Scrolls Exchange | Nightfighters | Ethereal Traders Union | Centuria Invictus

Smush M’gush | Orsimer | Stam DK DPS [Trials Guide] [vMA Guide]
    Bill Clawsby | Khajiit | Stam NB PvP/DPS
    Yolo Swagginborn | Breton | Mag Templar DPS [vMA Guide]
    Tastes-Like-Chícken | Argonian | Mag DK Tank
    Cholo Laggins | Altmer | Mag NB DPS [vMA Guide]
    Critney Spearz | Redguard | Stam Templar DPS
    Michael Boltin | Imperial | Stam Sorc DPS
    Sherlock Ohms | Altmer | Mag Sorc DPS
    Pyro Ren | Dunmer | Mag DK DPS
    Mules-All-Gear | Argonian | Mag Templar Healer
    Lil Bossmer | Bosmer | Stam Warden DPS
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    The Guar mount is significantly slower than the horses and senche.

This could be related to the other new problem, which is that mounts once again get slowed down by virtually any little bump they encounter.

I suspect all of this has to do with some new code calculating player position, changed to prevent the horrible loading screens (which happen so that your character doesn't zoom off into Oblivion when the server isn't properly tracking what you're up to and you go flying through collision and underneath the world or the like).

Ironically enough the flying underneath the world thing actually happened to me today for the first time since like forever.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Duckbutta wrote: »
    Cons:

-Run speed has been reduced for no apparent reason

-Game will now crash if you look at it the wrong way

-Frame rates will drop when walking, jumping, using a skill, or doing anything other than standing perfectly still

-New trial will be found to be essentially unplayable

Pros:

-You get a camel mount, so enjoy!

Yeah funny how the crown store items seem to be working perfectly but everything else is ******
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything