The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prov writ won't advance. Ideas?

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
My friend is a vet 1 toon w prov lvl 50, all skill pts spent in recipe improvement, recipe quality up to purple. He has access to crag lorn and first area in his vet 1 faction.

He's picking up writ lvl 5 dailies - I cannot figure out what the heck is preventing him from advancing to rank 7 writs. Ideas?
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does he need gold level quality & access to Wrothgar?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Recipe improvement is the only skill that affects what writs you get. If that's maxed then he should either be getting craglorn writs or wrothgar if he has the dlc afaik
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, you don't need DLC content to advance writs. When I was leveling, drop offs would always go to an area you could access. In other words, before I activated Craglorn I was dropping those corresponding writs in Coldharbour. And when my ESO Plus lapses temporarily, my writs revert to Craglorn.

As far as I know, spending points in improvement to max it should push him to writ rank 7. I had him drop the quest and pick up a new one after checking all the skill points and stuff...still lower level. I'm stumped.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recipe improvement is the only skill that affects what writs you get. If that's maxed then he should either be getting craglorn writs or wrothgar if he has the dlc afaik

@AntMan100673 That's incorrect.

I have 3 maxed provisioners all with the same points in Improvement: V5, L35 & L6.
    V5 = V5 writs whereas L35 & L6 both = L40

I think that writ level is driven by what areas your characters have unlocked or have been to. For example: my L6 was the last to max provisioning and whilst maxed I'd ported him to Mournhold (I think L25?), it was only when I ported him to Eastmarch that he unlocked L40 writs.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

He's picking up writ lvl 5 dailies - I cannot figure out what the heck is preventing him from advancing to rank 7 writs. Ideas?

Has your character been to Craglorn yet? Has it been to Wrothgar? Try traveling to those zones, then drop the writ you have and pick up another one and see what it is and where it wants you to drop it off.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    @Sunburnt_Penguin yes you're correct, I did know that, I was just replying to this query rather than in general but I didn't make that clear. Re-reading it says access to craglorn rather than having actually been to craglorn so that could be the problem?
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AntMan100673 No worries and apologies if I came off as abrupt in my first sentence - it wasn't my intention.

Yeah I imagine that would be the problem, I had access for a few days without realising and then when I travelled there through the cart thing it changed.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that you have to have access to Wrothgar to do any of the top-tier writs. If you don't have Wrothgar, then the highest level provisioning writ you can complete is Tier 6. Had that happen to me one day when I lost my ESO+ benefits and access to the DLC (though still an active ESO+ subscriber). I picked up my daily provisioning writ, only to discover that I had to craft the items. I checked my inventory and still had plenty of all the usual required items. I looked more closely at the writ and discovered it was a Tier 6 writ for drop-off in Craglorn.

So yes, the only skill that affects provisioning writs is Recipe Improvement, but there are other factors that determine what writ you actually get.