The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People Still Watching And Believing Angry Joe's Reviews.

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
People watching Angry Joe's review of ESO and believing the points he makes and thinking the game is still just like how he says it is because 'Oooh meh gawd, youtuber'.

Many of the comments alone cause me to twitch in anger as they have no idea what they are talking about and have only seen the review so decide to jump on the bandwagon.

It angers me :(
Edited by Mashille on February 22, 2016 9:30PM
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the angry army!!!!
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that guy is an idiot.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who watches reviews before buying a game, AND believing them, are what's wrong with the game industry. Period.

Edit: to clarify, to believe a review over actually playing the game yourself is what I am talking about. Watching a review is one thing, but reviews are such a joke now days
    Edited by OGLezard on February 22, 2016 9:34PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    Anyone who watches reviews before buying a game, AND believing them, are what's wrong with the game industry. Period.

I review stuff before I buy it, unfortunately I was in beta sooooo.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's on the viewer. Angry Joe's video was back at PC launch in 2014. If they can't tell a review from 2 years ago isn't applicable to now then I probably don't want those people as teammates anyways
    Edited by Dread_Guy on February 23, 2016 12:41AM
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    Most people on YouTube are 12 or below YouTube has changed for the worst with dumb Minecraft let's plays FNAF and other dumb overrated games
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given the way Angry Joe reviews games, I think ESO was given high praise by him for an MMO, which is decidedly not his favorite game type. Those people who don't realize that will probably have a more sour point of view on ESO. Much of what he says in the review are no longer true, because the game has changed so much since then.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    Given the way Angry Joe reviews games, I think ESO was given high praise by him for an MMO, which is decidedly not his favorite game type. Those people who don't realize that will probably have a more sour point of view on ESO. Much of what he says in the review are no longer true, because the game has changed so much since then.

Indeed the game has improved vastly there are still quite a few issues however I hope that they will be fixed. It would be nice if he did an update of ESO but I highly doubt he will.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @dodgehopper_ESO

I don't know, have you seen his GW2 review, he sings all praises for that game despite it's many flaws and was just blinded by 'Oooh meh gawd no sub, best MMO evar!'
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    x_Nathan_F wrote: »
    Most people on YouTube are 12 or below YouTube has changed for the worst with dumb Minecraft let's plays FNAF and other dumb overrated games

can confirm

my son watches Minecraft "lets play" videos, he is 9
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that I hate Minecraft its the fact that youtubers milk Minecraft constantly
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's on the viewer. Angry Joe's video was back at PC launch in 2014. If they can't tell a review from 2 years ago isn't applicable to now then I probably don't want those people as a teammate anyways

A lot of people believe games are fairly static and don't change. Especially if they came from Elder Scrolls or other Single Player Games. While there were some bugs at launch with TES games (though never enough for all the drama that ensued) the base games never changed with all the patches.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    @dodgehopper_ESO

I don't know, have you seen his GW2 review, he sings all praises for that game despite it's many flaws and was just blinded by 'Oooh meh gawd no sub, best MMO evar!'

A lot of people have asked Angry Joe to do an update, including people in his own guild. Early in the game he had a very active pvp guild. I always take everything Joe says with a grain of salt, but I actually think he's a decent reviewer. I like the fact he does the opposite of sugarcoat problems in a game. His shtick with getting overly upset/angry is wonderful because it is the exact opposite of the brown-nosing you see going on with a lot of other reviewers. Like I said Joe doesn't strike me as an MMO guy and he's said it in a number of reviews I've seen. He's more a multiplayer pvp guy (battlefront/cod/counterstike etc) if I gather rightly, and single player game type guy. Given that mindset I can see why he'd prefer a non subscription model, but I know all of that going in. Every game has flaws, even my favorites, and I like that a reviewer actually goes out of his way to make the point of the flaws as much as what makes something good. You might even say that some of the good changes made in ESO are a direct result of his tirades.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on February 22, 2016 9:46PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    It prolly would be a good idea that ZOS pays angry to "review"the game Kappa
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that guy is an idiot.

Yep.
    I don't understand why so many people listen to him, I mean, he's just yelling and complaining while not even have put enough time into a game to really know what's going on. And besides, I don't listen to yelling people. The last person who yelled at me was my son on the phone, so I just hung up.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Lazypeon's youtube video review is what convinced me to buy this game. I havent seen angrys review video of eso. Only his cyro zerg one. So what about angrys review? What does he say about eso?
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Angry joe review eso when it's at it's early stage you shouldn't fault him for that especially it only his opinion.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be honest....

A lot of it is ZOS's own fault....

And some of the issues...were never addressed....

Even now...things get broken for months and months...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

That's a very fair point. I always looked at ESO as an MMO based in the Elder Scrolls universe instead of Skyrim with multiplayer so I guess my expectations weren't the same as others.

Still I think if the person was genuinely interested in ESO, they wouldn't just take Angry Joe's word as if it was the gospel and do other research and maybe watch other reviews (not all of them were done in 2014 and many have updated reviews)

I feel like the people posting current comments on Joe's vid are trolls or people jumping on the hate circle jerking bandwagon.

I also want to clarify that it's okay to not like the game for whatever your reasons, but I don't respect others just hating something they haven't even tried because that's what they think the majority thinks is cool
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Moonshadow66

Yeeah, he played to around level 15 during pre-release, experience a bunch of bugs (Expected with an MMO launch) and that is pretty much it. Nor really a 'review' in my opinion.

@EdmundTowers

When I saw that video by Lazypeon I was over the moon as he approached it in such a good way. As a first impression and as an MMO, judging it by it's world, combat and general gameplay. People who haven't seen his video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jv4HPAwSD4g
  • EnemyOfDaState
    EnemyOfDaState
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is it Angry at fault because this game wasn't good when he reviewed it? He should update his review though.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw that review back in the day and thought wow, not getting ESO. Months (or years?) later when it was announced to be released on consoles I was like "Has it been improved now?" to my friends and then I bought it and never regretted it one bit, despite all the bugs etc.

So yes, I admit that his review convinced me and I dislike the way he handled it to be honest because there's loads of people who're still watching that today and believe it's relevance... but then again, most people who post YouTube comments are young, hence the billions(?) of people watching/liking MineCraft videos on YouTube.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Moonshadow66

Yeeah, he played to around level 15 during pre-release, experience a bunch of bugs (Expected with an MMO launch) and that is pretty much it. Nor really a 'review' in my opinion.

@EdmundTowers

When I saw that video by Lazypeon I was over the moon as he approached it in such a good way. As a first impression and as an MMO, judging it by it's world, combat and general gameplay. People who haven't seen his video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jv4HPAwSD4g

To be fair as a reviewer its not really feasible to review a whole MMO. Its simply not possible to fully review an entire MMO in an ongoing basis, and in that respect the MMO players themselves make the best reviewers. MMO's in general are peculiar in this manner.
    <And plenty more>
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Troneon

I agree, some of the issues he presented were genuine issues that I agree with such as not being able to go back and help a friend complete a quest you have already done. (Which they REALLY need to fix like they said they would at Quakecon 2014)

But much of his hate towards the game came from bugs and, I know it's weird to say, his girlfriend and I really think she influenced his opinion in a major way, if you watch and listen to her talk to him.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Joe made that review back in 2014, and in that time of the game, every single criticism was on point. I remember the issues he pointed out, there was a time where boss's truly did only give one gold per kill. Bots used to dominate this game, people hacked the game and had teleporting bots stealing the resources in the maps, gold sellers, a plethora of game breaking bugs, it had issues.it is different now though, and honestly if a viewer cannot see the "2014" label, and remember it is 2016, that is on them, not Joe.
    Edited by Cody on February 22, 2016 10:02PM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Troneon

I agree, some of the issues he presented were genuine issues that I agree with such as not being able to go back and help a friend complete a quest you have already done. (Which they REALLY need to fix like they said they would at Quakecon 2014)

But much of his hate towards the game came from bugs and, I know it's weird to say, his girlfriend and I really think she influenced his opinion in a major way, if you watch and listen to her talk to him.

Back then it was impossible to not find things wrong with the game....there were so many issues....too many to list.

Even now, bugs, exploits, crashes, performance issues are still all over the game...

So I get what your saying but I don't blame Angry Joe for peoples miss understandings or miss conceptions about the game.

I BLAME Z$S.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Cody

Yes, at the time, much of what he said was correct. But finding people commenting and talking about this game based on his review Today, that is what annoys me. People not learning anything about the game or how it has changed.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at the time when he made this review with the "painfully average" verdict, he nailed it, I was just thinking the same at that time and did not join ESO by pretty much the same reasons Angry Joe listed. Those were very valid points at that time. ZOS had released an unfinished game, full of bugs, with boring quests and pointless rewards - and on top of it they wanted to be paid twice for a service, which was buggy as hell - Angry Joe got it totally right at that time. It is not his fault, blame ZOS for releasing a game in unfinished state (it is still unfinished, so that point is valid) and pretty much pissed a lot of fans off.
    Edited by Lysette on February 22, 2016 10:05PM
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I am proud that I do not know what an Angry Joe is. More so for not watching other people play games.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cody

Yes, at the time, much of what he said was correct. But finding people commenting and talking about this game based on his review Today, that is what annoys me. People not learning anything about the game or how it has changed.

Well, I would as well not have given it a 2nd chance, if there would not have been the free trial weekend - ZOS should make a trial phase to actually test the game - just like EVE online does it, 30 days free trial - but because ZOS is too greedy to do that (even that weekend was far too short), they will not get these people back, because they have no way to try for free.

Edit: Well, ZOS ignored that there is this first impression thing - they made a very bad first impression and now they have to suffer for doing this - every adult should know about that the first impression is very important, but they released an unfinished game in a bad state and made an awful first impression - they should not wonder then, that people react like they do and first impressions are not easily forgotten.
    Edited by Lysette on February 22, 2016 10:14PM
This discussion has been closed.