Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.1

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    no changes to any of the balance issues that were modified in the original update?
    looks like the changes we got last week will be here to stay until it goes live

We'll be making some balance changes to abilities in the next incremental (next week) to address some feedback we've seen, and plan on making a forum thread about it in the next day or so you loop you guys in.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @Wrobel
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

It's funny for me to watch ESO Live shows because you describe a successful, healthy game. This contrasts greatly with the opinions of all those who I play ESO with.

From my POV as a PVP player, ZOS is on thin ice. You are entering SOE-never-give-that-company-another-cent territory. Most people I know only continue to play because of the friendships they've made while playing this broken mess. However, this can only last for so long. And yes, PVE players, PVP is a broken mess much of the time.

Significant changes have been made to the dynamics of Cloak on PTS because of the incredible upgrades to the Magelight line. At the rate ZOS implements change, if these changes go live, we can look forward to a significantly gimped NB class for months. At least from the POV of PVP Cloak builds.

I hope ZOS has some very good explanations about why Cloak gameplay is being so significantly changed and information about what defensive buffs the NB class will see if we cannot rely on cloak as a defensive ability. Not that it has ever been completely reliable -- it has always had counters. It does not need the trivial and bountiful counter provided by Magelight.

You should have the data to know that many enthusiasts are one-class players. We may have alts, but spend 99% of our time on one character. If you ruin the one character we enjoy playing do not expect us to continue playing for the months it takes ZOS to sort out balance issues.
    Edited by zyk on February 9, 2016 9:46PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno

Are you allowed to disclose if the new alliance motifs should be dropping from Cyrodiil treasure maps as well? Have done a little over 20 on PTS and no motifs.

@Makkir I found something that may interest you...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2680047/#Comment_2680047
    I opened 50 treasure chests in Cyrodiil with a VR 16 character with the Treasure Hunter passive and found only 2 set items, both VR 15 and from Orsinium sets (and I also found 2 chapters for the new Aldmeri Dominion crafting style).

Not sure if those were treasure map chests but maybe trying asking that person?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KNOWN ISSUES
    General
    • /bug is still not functioning, and we encourage you to continue using this thread to submit your bug reports. Don’t forget to check out this thread as well, stickied at the top of this forum, which links to all the official feedback discussion threads.
    Does this mean everything I reported via /bug so far wasn't read by anyone?

I wrote up one bug report on PTS before I heard that /bug was broken and it did not appear on the support website under the tickets that I have opened. My guess is that no one gets those.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on the day Templars can do real DPS that actually competes with other classes as both Magicka and Stamina.

Good thing I ain't holding my breath.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's version of the 64bit Mac client ran beautifully (30+ fps), today's is running at an average of 5 fps. Altering graphics settings is having no effect - same on minimum and maximum settings.

2.4Ghz i7 (quad core)
    8Gb memory
    GeForce GT 650M 1024Mb
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    no changes to any of the balance issues that were modified in the original update?

We'll be making some balance changes to abilities in the next incremental (next week) to address some feedback we've seen, and plan on making a forum thread about it in the next day or so you loop you guys in.

Looking forward to them.
    So you've decided to play your sorc and ditch your Templar eh? XD

The things I want addressed are not things I think they can code in a week or two, sadly. I'm always willing to be pleasantly surprised though.

Nah, I'll still do the templar thing, if only to lob oil catapults on the Chalman breech when you try to capture it :wink:

I do agree with you the things I'd like to see most aren't going to be coded in a week or two, but one can hope some interesting things that can be done will get addressed.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfster wrote: »
    Yesterday's version of the 64bit Mac client ran beautifully (30+ fps), today's is running at an average of 5 fps. Altering graphics settings is having no effect - same on minimum and maximum settings.

2.4Ghz i7 (quad core)
    8Gb memory
    GeForce GT 650M 1024Mb

I gotta agree here. Something is wrong w/how Mac clients run on the PTS.

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

My FPS sucketh huge on the PTS.

I know or hope that it isn't yet optimized for the Mac yet but it doesn't look promising.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno :

Just wanted to let you know that I run the 64bit client flawless on Win7. (visual C+ 2010).
    Not even 1 crash or anything. No issues.
    Maybe it's a placebo effect but it all feels more stable, quicker and overall more fluid (less stuttering, no FPS drops).
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 9, 2016 10:13PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    There are more notes for quests than the actual gameplay. This is test server dudes, we are here to test combat, pvp, ballance etc. Not those stupid quests.

Okay but imagine they didn't acknowledge it at all, it would be launch all over again with scores of people coming out of the woodwork talking about how it should be fixed already. I think mentioning it in the petch nuts is just fine.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else find it funny that /bug is bugged..............
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Here's a question. Were is the change to meteor to make it reflectable ? Is there gonna be 1 more patch before TG goes live or what ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Here's a question. Were is the change to meteor to make it reflectable ? Is there gonna be 1 more patch before TG goes live or what ?

This is what they have to say on that...
    Meteor: This was the only Ultimate that you were previously able to reflect, so this change was simply bringing it in line with all other Ultimates. We also plan on making a slight reduction to the snare on the Ice Comet morph.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246537/gameplay-updates-and-q-a-with-eric-wrobel
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild Reputation
    We updated the way Thieves Guild reputation has been calculated for this patch.
    I hope this also means progression is now one story quest per rank so it matches progression of the other guilds.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is what they have to say on that...
    Meteor: This was the only Ultimate that you were previously able to reflect, so this change was simply bringing it in line with all other Ultimates. We also plan on making a slight reduction to the snare on the Ice Comet morph.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246537/gameplay-updates-and-q-a-with-eric-wrobel

So they honestly think a small reduction to it's snare is gonna fix every thing ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno make meteor reflectable again.

If you guys are serious about this ridiculous change then Meteor needs to be a ground base planted AoE like standers or nova or negate and not a homing "I win" missile.

And don't even say block their are plenty of skills that can drop block and all a player has to do is cast it while the meteor is falling and if the player does manage to get a block off they're still taking the DOT and snare.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on February 10, 2016 12:26AM
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭

quest-that which was lost -don't work
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please keep vicious death as it was.The set did not need to be fix it was perfect.Why ZOS always "fixing"things that are fine as is.

Also can we finally get more Physical ultimate?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Jaronking on February 10, 2016 1:56AM
  • Ffolks
    Ffolks
    ✭✭
    Had no idea /bug was not functioning...

Well one of the more annoying bugs I've encountered thus far has been the lack of the "slice" sound on the NB Surprise Attacks skill. It just whooshes, when in combat I can't audibly tell if the ability went off or not, really important in both pvp and pve, especially maelstrom arena.

It's difficult to play my NB without it.
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fetaro wrote: »
    64 bits insta-crash on Windows here too.

Try downloading the latest Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and see if that helps. You can find it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Where statue Nocturnal?
    rlBVqW0ha1g.jpg
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno When attempting the new Trial on veteran, members of my group are constantly crashing. Every single person crashes at least 3-10 times per hour. Are you guys aware of this issue? Was anything done about that in this patch?

Yes, we're very much aware. We implemented a potential fix in this patch, though since we were unable to reproduce any of the crashes internally in the first place, don't want to promise that it's actually fixed. We'd love to hear from you (or anyone that previously had issues with the crashing) if you still find it to be an issue with this patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    The crashing was greatly improved for most members in our group, but it kind of mutated. Before the patch today, people were randomly crashing all throughout the play session 1 by 1. Tonight, people only crashed simultaneously in clumps. Just about every crash was 4 or more people going offline at the same moment, but that didn't happen very often. Maybe 3-4 times over 4 hours.

I don't know if it helps, but one time a massive group crash was triggered by Repentance(Templar skill.) One of our members used repentance and 1/3 of the group crashed simultaneously.
    Edited by timidobserver on February 10, 2016 6:01AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • Summon Unstable Familiar: The pets summoned from this ability and its morphs can no longer be dismissed by holding down the button. The pet can now be dismissed by removing the buff from your Active Effects window.
      • Summon Winged Twilight: The pets summoned from this ability and its morphs can no longer be dismissed by holding down the button. The pet can now be dismissed by removing the buff from your Active Effects window.

I already died twice in the Maelstrom- Arena because of this. The "Hold-Botton" - solution was better.
    I guess it was made for console players, then?
    Please give them a better chance of controlling their pets by changing the

"daedric curse" skill so that if you press the botton twice within its duration, the pets are forced to attack the cursed target.

That would make life for conjurers MUCH easier.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the TG reached on PTS the performance of the game was far worse than before. I've got from 50-100% less fps and not just in the new zone but everywhere! And I'm not alone.

PCSpecs: FX4100, 8gb, gtx660, win8.1 x64, eso.exe, drivers 353.62, no mods. Also around Abah's landing LOD bug seems to hit even harder and longer than ever. (playing with high textures)

Any statement regarding this issue?

edit nvm: looks like you know about this particular issue.
    Edited by deleted008293 on February 10, 2016 8:55AM
  • Chapmaaaan
    Chapmaaaan
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you let me know if there will ever be a fix to the masters bow? when it has any amount of charged enchantment it does not allow you to use vigor whilst hidden/dark cloaked. it just pulls you straight out.. which it does not do whilst having any other weapon equipped. I have been trying to get this bug reported for months but no one is really taking any notice :)
    Turmoil
    previous gamertag - DanielChapman89
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
    [*]Vicious Death: Fixed an issue where this item set’s damage proc did not follow standard area of effect damage guidelines, and was doing full damage to all targets hit.

Almost afraid to ask, but does that mean that AOE caps are sticking around with the TG incremental?
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the 64 bit client launch automatically when the patch goes live or will we still need to do it manually?

Thanks in advance :)
    NA/PC
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the 64 bit client launch automatically when the patch goes live or will we still need to do it manually?

NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

64-bit Client for PC
    The 64-bit Windows client is now available!
    • This will fix a large number of crash issues, as well as improve memory usage.
    • The 32-bit version of the game will continue to be maintained for the PC client, and will be launched for you automatically if your OS is not capable of running the 64-bit version of the game.
    • If you want to use the 64-bit client, you will need to manually launch the executable file (ESO64.exe) from your PTS install directory.
      • When Thieves Guild goes live, we will update the launcher so the correct version will be launched automatically.

L2Read ?
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »

NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

64-bit Client for PC
    The 64-bit Windows client is now available!
    • This will fix a large number of crash issues, as well as improve memory usage.
    • The 32-bit version of the game will continue to be maintained for the PC client, and will be launched for you automatically if your OS is not capable of running the 64-bit version of the game.
    • If you want to use the 64-bit client, you will need to manually launch the executable file (ESO64.exe) from your PTS install directory.
      • When Thieves Guild goes live, we will update the launcher so the correct version will be launched automatically.

L2Read ?

Thanks ***
    NA/PC
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About DK:

They really got very powerfull...i guess little bit over even...Their flame and DOT dameges got very much power and self heal as well...

Meteor: I guess this ability should be dodgeable or reflectable , one of them should be now it will cuz to much lag .. everybody will spam that...

Nightblade: Cloak is the SKILL that which makes NB is NB...but now it is really useless as i tested at PTS...when u cloak out dot are hitting suddenly very very very badly u even cant control ur character... it is really not fun at all...if u wanna use purge it is almost 6K magicka...sooo it is bad choice...what we should be stay in cloakkk till all dots go away then hit one and go again in cloak COME ON:)....

By the way : i have DK . NB and SORC so i just talk for all of them...

thank you...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    im on windows 8 and the 64 bit client does not launch at all.

Geforce 780ti
    I have 2 cpus: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620@2.00GHZ(6 core procs)
    32 gigs of ram
    win 8.1 pro
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. A question for you combat people at zenimax, is it intended that magelight is supposed to break the invisiblity granted from Clouding Swarm?
    That shouldn't actually happen, granted im sure your actually not so much as turning invisible as you are shapeshifitng into the bats that fly around, it would explain why even your allies can't see you when you use it.

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks. A question for you combat people at zenimax, is it intended that magelight is supposed to break the invisiblity granted from Clouding Swarm?
    That shouldn't actually happen, granted im sure your actually not so much as turning invisible as you are shapeshifitng into the bats that fly around, it would explain why even your allies can't see you when you use it.

Clouding Swarm gives invisibility, you turn into a swarm of bats just as much as devouring swarm.