The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Vamps are free AP, with new DLC..

Sav72
Sav72
✭✭✭✭✭
Great job.
Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker and camo hunter hit so hard now that you might as well just accept the death coming
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP will be over run with magic DKS.

Sad, you get excited with a new DLC, only to realize how unbalanced it will be again.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    radiant mage light gives the stealth bonus while slotted.

the only thing to worry about is dawnbreaker. as a nightblade vampire, i now have to cloak for the full DoT duration. :/

nb vampires get hit hard with this change.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on February 5, 2016 12:29PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya vampires are taking a hit hard. Yet imagine a WW running molag kena and the alchemist set? Thats some pretty intense dps.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact they did nothing with the mist is baffling. So sad.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zen,
    If you do not like Vamps, why bother having them, can't believe the abuse for this skill, with only one benefit, Dark Stalker.
    Savoifair, EP NB

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly do not think ZOS is even AWARE of all the issues with Vampires. I think they think of it as just a fun gimmick to try for a couple of weeks like a Crown Store costume, not a legitimate playstyle.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker and camo hunter hit so hard now that you might as well just accept the death coming

Isn't that the point of a Daedric Artifiact though? Your drawing Merida's Daedric Artificat that is made of pure light and is the polar opposite of Molag Bal and slamming all that rage into a holy light that burns away corruption and false life(Which is what Vampires are)

"Take the mighty Dawnbreaker and with it purge corruption from the dark corners of the world. Wield it in my name, that my influence may grow - Merida 4th era 201

Dawnbreaker was forged "in a holy light that breaks upon my foes burning away corruption and false life"- Merida 4th era 201

As an Ultimate and a Daedric Artifact of the Lady of Infinite Energies it would be lorebreaking that Dawnbreaker doesn't snuff out Vamps.....maybe raise the cost of the Ultimate somewhat while also reducing the Ultimates damage against non-vampires and non-werewolves, but as the artifact of Merida, by lore it needs to hit hard to serve its purpose, your wielding a Daedric Princes own weapon, a part of that Daedric Princes power, it should hit hard for that reason.

Yes im TES lore person its what got me playing the game back in the days :)

PS: the Dawnbreaker we have in ESO is weak compaired to the Dawnbreaker in Skyrim that would cause undead to explode, catch on fire, and run in fear from using the weapon :)
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on February 5, 2016 3:44PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine, let it hit hard, but why the hell are vamp skills so dam weak?
    Savoifair, EP NB

• ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »
    Zen,
    If you do not like Vamps, why bother having them, can't believe the abuse for this skill, with only one benefit, Dark Stalker.

QFT

Vamp is like an abusive relationship that you just can't leave because of Dark Stalker.

Maybe DB DLC will have a magicka version of Night's Silence to craft.
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭

Maybe give perma bats back to vamps to compensate the difference? :P
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat swarm and proxy det combo = death

Still think vamp skills are weak?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having taken way too many bugged triple camo hunters procs, it's not that I don't believe you.

But can you elaborate what is different on the PTS than on Live?

And, yes, how "Elusive Mist" continues to be so unelusive is frustrating.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that it is no longer possible to recover stamina when sneaking / crouched. This will really hurt vampires as they will have to me exposed more often and therefore will get nuked by camo hunter, shards, and Dawnbreaker.
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    It appears that it is no longer possible to recover stamina when sneaking / crouched. This will really hurt vampires as they will have to me exposed more often and therefore will get nuked by camo hunter, shards, and Dawnbreaker.

Can't they just stack medium armor passives/sets and have all the stamina they want?
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    puffy99 wrote: »

Can't they just stack medium armor passives/sets and have all the stamina they want?

Right now, yes. But check this out from the Patch notes:
    Fixed an issue where it was possible to recover Stamina while using sprint or crouch.

I read that to mean no stamina recovery in stealth.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What he is meaning, or I believe anyway.

Drinks and CP's aren't calculating like they have since 1.6. In that drinks and CP would add stam regen while moving in stealth. Currently on the pts I have 0 stam regen while moving in stealth. On live, I have about 780 regen while moving in stealth.

All of this may or may not be separate from the drink/CP regen calculation issues that were introduced with the IC DLC.

Now if this is intended or not, who knows.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

What he is meaning, or I believe anyway.

Drinks and CP's aren't calculating like they have since 1.6. In that drinks and CP would add stam regen while moving in stealth. Currently on the pts I have 0 stam regen while moving in stealth. On live, I have about 780 regen while moving in stealth.

All of this may or may not be separate from the drink/CP regen calculation issues that were introduced with the IC DLC.

Now if this is intended or not, who knows.

Thanks for the post Xeniph. Do you have stamina recovery while not moving in stealth on PTS? If so then this is not as big of a nerf as I had imagined.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just logged in and checked. You DO (currently on PTS) regen stamina while crouched but not moving.
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still unsure of why they think a 1 time guaranteed crit proc from stealth and small proc chance to do massive damage is in any way healthy for the game. Balance would be more akin to like a 5-10% damage boost to Undead for X amount of time when activating camo hunter.

Balanced games don't use features like very small proc chances with highly impactful returns.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Isn't that the point of a Daedric Artifiact though? Your drawing Merida's Daedric Artificat that is made of pure light and is the polar opposite of Molag Bal and slamming all that rage into a holy light that burns away corruption and false life(Which is what Vampires are)

"Take the mighty Dawnbreaker and with it purge corruption from the dark corners of the world. Wield it in my name, that my influence may grow - Merida 4th era 201

Dawnbreaker was forged "in a holy light that breaks upon my foes burning away corruption and false life"- Merida 4th era 201

As an Ultimate and a Daedric Artifact of the Lady of Infinite Energies it would be lorebreaking that Dawnbreaker doesn't snuff out Vamps.....maybe raise the cost of the Ultimate somewhat while also reducing the Ultimates damage against non-vampires and non-werewolves, but as the artifact of Merida, by lore it needs to hit hard to serve its purpose, your wielding a Daedric Princes own weapon, a part of that Daedric Princes power, it should hit hard for that reason.

PS: the Dawnbreaker we have in ESO is weak compaired to the Dawnbreaker in Skyrim that would cause undead to explode, catch on fire, and run in fear from using the weapon :)

It is legit that vamps taking excessive damage from these abilities is justified cause RP reasons.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in RP reason, were Vamps so under powered?
    Savoifair, EP NB

• DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The faster stealth movement is the _only_ reason I use vamp, and due to all the one shots vamps are getting (I've been doing that a lot myself using a simple heavy attack from stealth with camo hunter), it seems having a vampire seems silly.

When I am running solo in pvp I literally look around for vampires to kill, as they are so easy to gank it isn't even funny. I have to say though, I am seeing less and less vampires around, with good reason.
    Edited by DDemon on February 6, 2016 2:56AM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For someone who has posted about balance issues as much as you, I would have expected that you knew balance > RP. If not, you get the ridiculously extreme downsides to being a vampire that we currently have.

rip decibel
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yiko wrote: »
    Still unsure of why they think a 1 time guaranteed crit proc from stealth and small proc chance to do massive damage is in any way healthy for the game. Balance would be more akin to like a 5-10% damage boost to Undead for X amount of time when activating camo hunter.

Balanced games don't use features like very small proc chances with highly impactful returns.

I agree. However you gotta remember, everyone already get's 9% extra weapon/spell damage attacking Vampire's or Werewolf's.

Camouflage Hunter is defiantly too impactful for the skill line. The only good thing is Radiant Mage Light can be used for the stealth protection while slotted instead of needed to slot it on both bar's. Stamina vampire's can get away being one for a little bit longer.

I still think it should only be a 10% damage increase from stealth like you said. Something along those line's. It's depressing that Zos just suppresses vampire's like they are the most deadly enemy's in the game. Nothing will be changed in a timely manner to improve this quick death garbage vampire's deal with.

DDemon wrote: »
    The faster stealth movement is the _only_ reason I use vamp, and due to all the one shots vamps are getting (I've been doing that a lot myself using a simple heavy attack from stealth with camo hunter), it seems having a vampire seems silly.

When I am running solo in pvp I literally look around for vampires to kill, as they are so easy to gank it isn't even funny. I have to say though, I am seeing less and less vampires around, with good reason.

Exactly how you have to run a vampire it seems. I do the same thing. It's a kill or be killed world out there (with camo hunter). At least camo hunter is finally going to get fixed for good (knock on wood).

I really wish something was done to give vampire's a break.

The only argument people have is that bat swarm is op... you know, i'd love to actually use the other ability's too if they were not complete trash.

I will never cure Vampire. I just hope we get something one day...

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on February 6, 2016 7:32AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire forces you to slot a skill on each bar if you want consistent regen increases, all while taking full damage from fighters guild where WW gets the regen while being slotted and doesn't have to worry about the fighters guild.

Maybe zos can fix elusive most or buff invigorating drains damage and then we can talk about a lore perspective about how I can access a store to purchase and goods or bites or ckeansing I need. :)
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comparing Vampires to Werewolves would make sense if Werewolves get access to all of their skills just like Vampires do. However, they need to transform first.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Comparing Vampires to Werewolves would make sense if Werewolves get access to all of their skills just like Vampires do. However, they need to transform first.

I understand that aspect which makes sense. But being vamp full time you get reduced health regen ontop of extra flame damage. There are so many negatives towards vampire compared to WW. WW once transformed is incredibly strong. Howl of agony is like a dragon leap each howl.

While in WW they get increased stats along with armor but as a vamp you just take full damage regardless. I'm not saying change anything with WW as imo it's only strong small scale pvp or 1v1. However, if vamp is going to continue to have so much going against it, then it's only two skills: drain and mist should both be looked at again to make sure they actually work.

Mist has been proven multiple times in various ways to be bugged.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Im a vampire on my temp and while theres been a couple of times bat swarm has saved me,its definitely not worth getting one shotted off little nightblades pressing two buttons. Or taking 9% extra damage. Mist form is one of the most useless abilities i have seen in the game (not much better than guard) Drain essence is just....no. I personally think vamps need a buff or dawnbreaker/fighters guild needs a nerf.
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    I can already put my cps into thurmarage or how ever you spell it the one that increases magicka damage lol it still makes camo hunter and dawnbraker hit hard and 1 shot vampires this change to the cps just makes it easier to understand I'm on console so I know this change isn't going to change something that can already be done anyways
    Edited by found1779 on February 6, 2016 11:50AM