The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Thieves Guild Bug Compilation Thread

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official thread to report any bugs you may run into as you assist us with testing the Thieves Guild DLC game pack and base game patch. When submitting a bug, please include as much information as possible.

For all bugs, please include:
  • Character name
  • A detailed description of what the issue is

For content-specific bugs, please include:
  • The name of the quest and/or quest step
  • Your exact location
  • The enemy or NPC name, if there is one involved
  • A screenshot of the issue, if you're able

For combat or gameplay-specific bugs, please include:
  • Ability or abilities in question
  • Any active buffs
  • Your point distribution (Attribute, Champion, etc)
  • Your currently equipped items/set
  • The name of the enemy being fought

For item-specific bugs, please include:
  • The exact name of the item

Thanks in advance for your help!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the PTS with a character that has already completed the Imperial City main questline (City on the Brink). Yet in the Collections window, it says that the quest is "Not Accepted" and the "Accept Quest" button is available to me.

Clicking the "Accept Quest" button in this instance has no effect. This is not a problem with the Orsinium DLC, as the quest is noted as "Accepted" and the button to accept the quest is properly grayed out.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The texture of the kneepads for Glass heavy sabatons is bugged. This is not a new bug, but I was disappointed to see that it has not yet been addressed, despite a number of other visual bugs being addressed as noted in the patch notes. Perhaps this issue had been overlooked?

Take a look at the kneepads in this picture:
    lykaB3u.png

Notice how the texture and color doesn't match that of the sabatons, but instead matches the texture and color of the Argonian bracers that I'm wearing in that picture?

Now with Xivkyn light gloves:
    GpPKE0K.png

And the ugly pearly white that shows through with Glass medium bracers (the white is the part of the texture that didn't get mapped):
    HcfYo9F.png

And the best demonstration of the bug: note how the kneepads completely disappear if I just take off my gloves/bracers/gauntlets:
    cdQaI3M.png

Full album illustrating this bug.

And it's not something on my end. When I asked my friends what my kneepads looked like when they looked at my character, they saw the same changes in appearance when I changed my hand piece, and they saw the kneepads disappear if I unequip the hand piece.

TL;DR: Glass heavy sabatons, instead of using the correct texture for the kneepads, is using the texture of the currently-equipped hand piece (gloves/bracers/gauntlets), and if no hand piece is currently equipped, the kneepads disappear entirely.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't get my silver or gold rewards retroactively.

Quest: Crime Spree
    Objective: Break into Any Single Safebox in Greenshade
    Character: Xhu Knah Jeleel

Quest will not advance despite opening 3 safeboxes within the designated circles.

Edited by Dominoid on February 4, 2016 1:43AM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dominoid wrote: »
    I didn't get my silver or gold rewards retroactively.

This is actually working as planned; we made a stealth-edit to the patch notes earlier that these wouldn't be on the PTS, but only once the update is live.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I might stop reporting TG Dailies.

Quest: Idle Hands
    Character: Xhu Knah Jeleel
    Objective: Pick Craft Supplies In Glenumbra X/3
    Pickpocket Any Items in Glenumbra - X/10

I was getting double credit on the Pick Any, and getting credit for "Craft Supplies" without picking Craft supplies.

Edit: Ok I "solved" the double credit. White items are counting as 1 pick pocket and green are counting at two items. Not sure this is intended.

Edit 2: Ok I just got a green that credited 1. I have no idea what's happening.
    Edited by Dominoid on February 4, 2016 3:03PM
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am supposed to be turning my crafted items in to Orsinium. Is that right? No place to turn in items in Hews Bane?
  • Anhel67
    Anhel67
    Soul Shriven
    The champion skill, elemetal expert doesn't work propertly. It does not add magical damage. But thaumaturge works like before patch , although other description.
    Edited by Anhel67 on February 4, 2016 2:08AM
  • trippingchrissy
    I know that NPCs in Hew's Bane and Lorkhaj don't have facial animations yet, but Quen didn't have them in Eastmarch, either - I guess just new NPCs in general? Additionally, Kari also had no audio.
    Edited by trippingchrissy on February 4, 2016 2:35AM
    ---
    Officer of House Reddoran, the official reddit guild for NA EP on PC/PS4/XB1
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhel67 wrote: »
    The champion skill, elemetal expert doesn't work propertly. It does not add magical damage. But thaumaturge works like before patch , although other description.

CP have never affected tooltip values outside of the extra magicka/stamina you get, you need to actually cast the spell to test.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character name: Telel

BUG: Did not retroactively receive costume reward for completion of Cadwell's Gold.

BUG: Did not retroactively received motif reward for completion of Cadwell's silver.

Basically I did both of them long long ago (pre-craglorn) but didn't get the rewards added in this patch.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Rudster
    Rudster
    ✭✭
    You do no receive the 5% additional magicka for having Inner Light (Mage Light morph) on your bar. Doesn't do anything after you cast it either (not that it should).
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot do Maelstrom Arena in vet mode, I change to vet mode before entering the area where the arena is but it puts me in normal mode again. Tried several times and also logging out and back on but still same issue :(
  • Sneakles
    Sneakles
    ✭✭
    The crafted set, Tara's Favor, seems to be bugged for the 3 and 4 set, as it gives a significantly less amount of recovery as normal armor set bonuses give.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have specifics on this, but it seems that by simply engaging in combat the combat music doesn't stop playing. I even logged to character select and logged into another character and got the combat music playing again. I've had to mute music on pts from this but have no ideas as to what caused it.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to update this tooltip:

X6hsISE.png

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    The ring of the Hawk's eye is bugged where the image of the ring doesn't show in your inventory or when you equip them. The set does still work though.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total Dark bugged.
    Your target does not take damage if you cast something on them before the bubble expires or breaks.This includes the reflected projeticle. It also could be a health desync issue...the damage was showing up on screen but wasn't removing any HP.
    Here's a video of said bug:
    https://youtu.be/g1JcWOjQ0O4
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Got this earlier on:

assertion failed
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:322: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:460: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Map/WorldMap.lua:6242: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:248: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:179: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:ShowScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:471: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:278: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:249: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither Abah's Landing nor Hew's Bane appear on the map under Locations.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character Name: Falidir

Ability name: Summon Twilight Tormentor

Bug description: when twilight tormentor is summoned and a wayshrine is used, the twilight is gone when you arrive. Hitting the ability key does not summon the missing twilight unless you first hold the key down for 4 seconds to dismiss the missing twilight, and then hit the key again to summon it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems like there is no map icon or anything to fast travel to the new areas yet not sure if its a bug or not.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like there is no map icon or anything to fast travel to the new areas yet not sure if its a bug or not.

I am having the same issue. Hew's Bane and Abah's Landing are not showing on my list of locations, even with active quests.

Keybind Issue
    Character Name: Zreighana

Every time I leave a building, wayshrine, dungeon, etc I get the following error when I hit a keybind like I, J or M key:

assertion failed
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:322: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:460: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Map/WorldMap.lua:6242: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:248: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:179: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:ShowScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:471: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:278: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:249: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'

After the error I have no keyboard input until I hit ESC. Once I hit ESC I don't see the error unless I enter a building, etc or travel by wayshrine. Thought it was specific to the new area but I traveled to Auridon for a quest and it happened there as well.

Edited by Seravi on February 4, 2016 9:44AM
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World bosses appear white as soon as you discover them instead of after completion. A friend and I duo'd a couple and they turned white before we killed the bosses.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am supposed to be turning my crafted items in to Orsinium. Is that right? No place to turn in items in Hews Bane?
    @Pangnirtung I believe that is intended. There has been no mention of any new crafting turn-in locations being added with this DLC.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rudster
    Rudster
    ✭✭
    Rudster wrote: »
    You do no receive the 5% additional magicka for having Inner Light (Mage Light morph) on your bar. Doesn't do anything after you cast it either (not that it should).

Found out the problem is if you have both Inferno and Inner Light on your bar you no longer receive the 5% bonus magicka from Inner Light. You get the magicka if you take Inferno off your bar or you switch to a bar that doesn't have Inferno on it but still has Inner Light. This doesn't appear to be a UI error as when I change to a bar without Inferno on it I can see my mana pool regening back to full as I have gained almost 3k magicka.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind. Managed to fix it.
    Edited by NovaShadow on February 4, 2016 11:17AM
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    World bosses appear white as soon as you discover them instead of after completion. A friend and I duo'd a couple and they turned white before we killed the bosses.

Same issue for me.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag Kena 2 piece set still proccs on Weaving skills.

[*] Molag Kena (Itemset): It is possible to activate this set's effect without using two consecutive lightattacks.

consecutive
    adjective con·sec·u·tive \kən-ˈse-kyə-tiv, -kə-tiv\
    Simple Definition of consecutive : following one after the other in a series : following each other without interruption

You can throw in a skill inbetween the two light attacks (doesn't work with all skills, that's why it can't be intended) and it will still procc making it brokenly overpowered and a musthave for pretty much every DPS. By @Paulington : Video By @Selawa : Video
    Edited by Xantaria on February 4, 2016 12:29PM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Precise Strikes / Elfborn (Championsystem): Still not every point put into those passives has an effect. Here are the points at which you will notice a damage increase: 1,2,4,7,9,12,15,18,22,26,29,33,38,42,46,51,56,61,66,71,76,81,87,92, and 98. Yes, this means that the last two points have 0 effect.

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Crescent Sweep (Templar): As reported by @Asayre :
    There are two bugs with Crescent Sweep
    1. It does less than the tooltip damage
    2. When it crits, it does not take into account Elfborn (it may be taking into account Piercing Strikes but I did not test this)
    d74a3ad3677503e4d0d10d5159f18901.jpg
    In the image above, I am attacking an effectively 0 resistance mob. Puncturing sweep does 2808 base damage and 4970 when it crits. My crit multiplier is 0.77 (0.5 base + 0.1 Piercing Spear + 0.17 Elfborn). The base damage of 2808 is exactly 2.4 times the tooltip value of Puncturing Sweep which is 1170. However Crescent Sweep deals 7061 damage which is less than the tooltip value of 8322. The DoT ticks of Crescent Sweep does 3927 base damage and 6951 on crits. The 3927 matches the tooltip value of 3927 and the crit multiplier here is still 0.77.
    e56b726ea920af2970b46c3d01e5574c.jpg
    In this second image, Puncturing Sweep and DoT ticks of Crescent Sweep does the same damage as before. When Crescent Sweep crits, it deals 11298 damage. This means the crit multiplier for Crescent Sweep is 0.6 (11298/7061). This suggest that Elfborn is not being applied correct to the initial damage of Crescent Sweep but Elfborn is applied correctly to the DoT ticks of Crescent Sweep.

This discussion has been closed.