The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.0

• xANTIxMATTERx
    xANTIxMATTERx
    ✭✭✭
    I could have missed it, but did they mention fixing the Khajiit crit passive?
    Anti-Matter | Nightblade | AR 40 | Flawless Conqueror | Former Emperor x 2
    Anti-Psychotic | Stamplar | AR 25 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Matter | Stam DK | AR 18 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Gravity | Stam Sorcerer | AR 10 | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Freeze | Magicka DK | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-One | Magicka Sorc | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Matter | Magplar | Shehai Shatterer

Officer of Haxus | NA
    Member of The Order of Mundus | NA
    Former Member of Havoc, IR, Learn 2 Play and Crown Store Heros
  • Alferino
    Alferino
    ✭✭
    Gina you forgot to add how your buffing mist form, please redo this :)
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    Did Sorcerers get nerfed in any way?

nope...
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno btw does empowering chain now work like a regular gap closer or still like a Projektil?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow... I love you ZOS, I love you to death!
    Thank you for increasing the damage of Wall of Elements and for moving the Magic Damage from Thaumaturge to Elemental Expert. YESSS!
    Edited by Tyrion87 on February 3, 2016 9:35PM
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*]Restoring Light
    • Breath of Life (Rushed Ceremony morph): This morph now only fires one additional secondary heal, previously two heals.
    This nerf wasn't really necessary. :(

This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will test this out later.

Two questions.

1. Brian Wheeler mentioned we would be able to remove home/guest campaign for the Alliance war and remove cross Alliance Restrictions for home/guest considerations. Are these still happening? Did I miss them in the notes?

2. Confused by the changes to sorcerer pets:
    "Summon Winged Twilight:

This ability and its morphs are no longer toggle abilities; instead, they are now normal casted abilities. The first activation will summon your pet, and when morphed, the second activation will cast the pet’s special ability.

Note that the pet will still be desummoned if you switch ability bars without slotting it.

Am I understanding this correctly in that if I summon a pet and then switch my weapon ... it unsummons? I think this defeats the point of making it untoggleable.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 3, 2016 9:30PM
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well RIP breath Of life, welcome to "I'm a healer I must Healing springs"...
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall some nice changes. Good to see you did regard community feedbacks. Though there is still a lot that's needs to be done, I guess this is a good start.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the NB changes here are great, especially the boost to Path of Shadows. I'm even okay with the nerf to Cloak. But this:

Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): Fixed an issue where this morph could proc its resource return on every tick from a damage over time effect.

is an insult to NB tanks in both PvE and PvP. What merits this change? NB tanks (typically) do very little damage in PvP. They should be allowed to regain resources if someone is ballsy enough to stay in their AOEs. It was also the golden mechanic for tanking large groups in PvE, for lack of AOE like talons and encase. Settling for a snare was okay since it returned resources (talking about caltrops). Now what, just Sap everything for resources? Or are we supposed to rely on single-target attacks to maintain our resources for AOE pulls? Good NB tanks are already weaving light attacks in between everything they do, even in large AOE pulls. So really, what was the point of this nerf?

Also, I would note that the verbiage for this "fix" is incredibly misleading. Siphoning Attacks has never proc'd off of every tick of a DoT ability. What this "fix" is actually saying is:

Removed the potential for Siphoning Attacks to proc from any DoT tick
    Edited by Autolycus on February 4, 2016 3:32PM
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skorol007 wrote: »

nope...

Well, either I leave ESO or roll a Magicka Sorcerer, it's going to be a tough decision :'(
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question about Cloak skill: as Dark Cloak doenst removes DoT's , Shadow version supress 'em - is the duration increased? Most damage overtime effects last for ~8 secs leaving Stamblades basically on mercy of Vigor(+Rally) to survive melting heat of some Dragonknights. Meanwhile Magicka based NB can stay for meaningful time. However slipping through oils/fire ballistas seems to be even easier... due to supressing instead of purging.
    Edited by nilldax on February 3, 2016 9:34PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno These changes are amazing... all of them. Templar PvP sounds fun,

Quick question, didnt you guys mention Burning Light changes? I didn't see anything posted in here about them, are they not being added?
    #MOREORBS
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skorol007 wrote: »

nope...

You received a champion star that increases damage against damage shields. That is an indirect nerf to all magicka sorcs.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nilldax wrote: »
    Quick question about Cloak skill: as Dark Cloak doenst removes DoT's , Shadow version supress 'em - is the duration increased? Most damage overtime effects last for ~8 secs leaving Stamblades basically on mercy of Vigor(+Rally) to survive melting heat of some Dragonknights. Meanwhile Magicka based NB can stay for meaningful time. However slipping through oils/fire ballistas seems to be even easier... due to supressing instead of purging.

well on any breach is atleast one kind of aoe, like caltroops, wich will hit you out of cloak and you will melt in seconds
    Edited by BuggeX on February 3, 2016 9:36PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see stamplars got some love lol
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Breath of Life (Rushed Ceremony morph): This morph now only fires one additional secondary heal, previously two heals.

Well. Time to take that off my bar I guess. :'(

Yes, I'm QQing.

Now, for a serious question...

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will there be a champion point reset due to what sounds like quite a few changes? Or are we left having to foot the cost?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ofc.. again the pve suck the pvp changes.. so typical.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    Well RIP breath Of life, welcome to "I'm a healer I must Healing springs"...

This is a bizarre nerf. Healing Springs is great for a group that is stacked. But all the boss mechanics in PvE have been moving towards forcing groups to move around and spread out. And now they nerf ability to heal groups that move around and spread out! It'll be great for ball zergs in PvP. As any group *not* in a ball zerg will have a more difficult time healing thanks to Breath of Life nerf.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAIT, did i just read Noobtornado get a dmg buff? wtf ZOS?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    UI
    Assault
    • Significantly reduced the amount of Alliance Points you need to advance through the ranks in this skill line.
    Support
    • Significantly reduced the amount of Alliance Points you need to advance through the ranks in this skill line.

Does this impact progression through Alliance Ranks, or does it just change how the Alliance Ranks line up with progression through the skill lines?
    Edited by Alanar on February 3, 2016 9:39PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't read the notes thoroughly yet, but I do think Templar win the award for the largest single class nerf in the patch notes.
    Edited by timidobserver on February 3, 2016 9:40PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we maybe get some more information on new item sets (bonuses, type) and what old sets will be increased to v16 in the pts patch notes (or at least in future patch notes..)?
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summon Winged Twilight:

This ability and its morphs are no longer toggle abilities; instead, they are now normal casted abilities. The first activation will summon your pet, and when morphed, the second activation will cast the pet’s special ability.
    Note that the pet will still be desummoned if you switch ability bars without slotting it.

I dont understand this? It still disappear if I change to my 2. bar without sloted the twilight? So and whats the difference that the pet is no more toggle?

confusing

Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, not really. Healer templars yes. The rest is quit good.

I also have a problem with friendly "fire" removing Manoeuver, it sucks. When you use "retreating manoeuver" it's because you need to retreat and heal, well, I'm gonna be punish for healing my pals if we need to move quick..
    That suck, big times
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    Could we maybe get some more information on new item sets (bonuses, type) and what old sets will be increased to v16 in the pts patch notes (or at least in future patch notes..)?

The old sets going to VR16 that we know of for sure are:

PvP:
    • Truth
    • Alteration Master
    • Onslaught
    • Durok's Bane
    • Hawk's Eye
    • Shadow Walker

PvE:
    • Worm Cult
    • Ebon
    • Saviour

I'll be datamining whenever the server comes up to see what is there to be found. :).
    Edited by Paulington on February 3, 2016 9:44PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Discussion about some of the combat change's here. (Mostly Nightblade and what i personally picked out)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/245045/dark-cloak-nerfed-nightblade-changes-discussion-patch-notes-discussion?new=1
    PS4 NA DC
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Cant reflect meteor... physical damage resist passives... magika all in the same tree....I think magika users got a buff....finally
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to say... this pretty much addresses 90% of the problems I have with the game. I'm impressed! Although, I'm kind of sad the Khajiit crit passive didn't seem to get fixed -- at least, not yet. But Argonians get a small bit of love, so I'm happy.

EDIT: Saw Gina's reply. WHOOHOO! So many fixes. Happy. Happy.
    Edited by Preyfar on February 3, 2016 9:52PM
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read the notes thoroughly yet, but I do think Templar win the award for the largest single class nerf in the patch notes.

From what I can see, Templars didn't get nerfed at all aside from BoL.

Aside from the change to path, Nightblades got nerfed all around (but not unreasonably.)